Wedding hair by Charlotte

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Charlotte and her team are true professionals. Not only are they extremely organized, which I greatly appreciated during such a chaotic time, but they are incredibly talented. My hair and makeup was better than I could have imagined as was every girl in the group.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Charlotte and her team are the BEST in Charleston for hair AND makeup. She did an outstanding job on both my hair and makeup and was really great to work with. On the day of, she was in charge of me and brought two others to handle the moms/wedding party and everyone loved the end result. I am not from the area and had heard such great things about Charlotte I booked her immediately and did a trial months later (which she spends ample time on to ensure you are happy). Book her fast as she fills up and is awesome!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Charlotte was amazing. She took my scattered ideas about the wedding look I was going for and transformed me into exactly the bride I had dreamed of. The make up and hair stayed perfect throughout the June Charleston outdoor wedding and into the late evening. Charlotte and Maggie were like "girlfriends" to my family and me. They put us at ease and made the morning fun instead of stressful. Maggie made my daughter, sister and Mother stunning! I am so grateful for them! What a wonderful experience! Thanks Charlotte & Maggie

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Meg and Emily were just awesome. Even though Charlotte was booked for my wedding date, she passed me and my bridal party along to her main assistant from Elysium Salon, Meg, who was incredible. I wanted a soft, romantic look for my wedding hair and make-up, which Meg understood right away. She gave me exactly what I asked for both in the trial and the day of-and her skills are fantastic. She was super talented, professional, responsive, and understanding throughout the whole process. I really appreciated how much fun she had with me and my bridal party the day of, and both ladies did an incredible job with my bridesmaids hair and makeup. Everyone looked stunning and was so happy with the outcome! I cant thank Meg enough for making me feel and look incredible on my big day. It was so fun getting to know her personally and professionally!

• Wedding: 05/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Charlotte is the best....so incredibly talented! She did my hair for my engagement pictures and wedding. My hair and makeup was absolutely gorgeous and my bridesmaids look stunning!! I couldn't have been happier!! THANK YOU!!

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
Leslie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I got loads of compliments on both my hair and makeup from all my wedding guests, which is because Meg made me look fabulous! Meg and Kelly got me, my four bridesmaids, my mom and the grooms mom all done -up in a few hours and we all looked perfect and were so happy. Charlotte was also very responsive at the beginning with the contract signing and booking. If I'm ever in Charleston again and need my hair cut, I will give Meg a call!

• Wedding: 04/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I'm so glad I chose Charlotte for my hair and make-up. She was lovely to work with and very professional -- we had a mix-up with timing at our venue and she was able to get everything done on time under pressure. I have very fair skin & tend to look a bit "over done" in professional make-up. Charlotte made me look naturally beautiful, like the best version of myself. My hair also looked great and stayed put all night. Charlotte and her assistant did hair/make-up for my bridesmaids and mother and everyone looked natural and gorgeous. It was also nice to have one person for both hair and make-up. In my opinion, she's the best in Charleston. If you can book her, go for it!

• Wedding: 04/11/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Unfortunately, I did not work with Charlotte personally on my hair, but did work with her great team. I got married in Charleston from out of town and ended up bringing my own hairdresser with me to do my and my mother's hair. Charlotte sent three of her girls to work with us for other family and bridesmaids. Charlotte was so lovely to work with and plan out all of these services! All the girls, Meg, Maggie and Emily, were punctual, professional, and fun to be around. They did all my bridesmaids hair and several commented they thought it was the best bridesmaid hair they'd ever had. I thought they all looked gorgeous and their hairstyles held up all night! The cost was very reasonable and they allowed me to pay for my bridesmaids and other family/friends to pay separately, which was really convenient. Meg was amazing and came to do a touch-up of my hair and makeup at the venue later that evening. Overall, Meg was amazing and the other girls were great, too. I would definitely recommend them!

• Wedding: 01/19/2014
danacshirreffs
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I fell very lucky to have found Charlotte for our big day. She did my hair and makeup for our fall wedding. She listened to what I wanted and delivered. Her skill with hair is so impressive. She has great vision and creates it with ease. I don't wear a lot of make-up normally and she understood what I was comfortable with and applied makeup that looked just like a prettier version of me, nothing too much for my specific style. I was very appreciative of her listening to what I personally wanted, providing helpful suggestions, and her ability to deliver!

• Wedding: 09/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Charlotte did my hair for my wedding and it was so beautiful! She was so personable and I enjoyed working with her and getting to know her! She and her husband run a great salon and you can tell how much hard work they put into creating a successful business! She listened to exactly what I wanted my updo to look like and remembered how to do it a week later, no problems. Charlotte and her team came to my bridal suite in my hotel to do my hair the day of, as well as 9 of my bridesmaids. All my girlfriends loved them and were all very happy with their hair! Charlotte is so down to earth and cheerful, which is exactly what you need as you begin the start of your big day! Thank you Charlotte!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could write a novel about how wonderful Charlotte has been throughout this whole process, but I'll try my best to keep it short and sweet. I found Wedding Hair by Charlotte through weddingwire.com. I was planning an out-of-town wedding and was forced to find most of my vendors online. After reading what other reviewers had said about Charlotte and her work, I knew I had to book her for my wedding hair. I scheduled my trial-run at her salon for a few weeks before my wedding and was just blown away. I had shown Charlotte a tiny picture on my phone of what I wanted, and she did more with my hair than I ever thought possible! She made it look absolutely stunning, and completely got my vision and the look I was going for. On my wedding day, Charlotte and her assistant arrived on-time and were cheerful and ready to beautify me and my bridesmaids. She was soooo easy to talk to, and very down to earth too. I could go on and on about the amazing work she did on my hair and my bridesmaids’ hair, and the pictures will tell that story, but what really stands out in my mind is something Charlotte said to me while she was styling my hair. We were talking about an injury she received to her wrist a few days before my wedding. I had mentioned something like, wow, you could have cancelled on me but you didn't. She replied that her clients are among the most important things in the world to her and she would never let one of her brides down. In that moment, I just felt so special and so taken care of! I’m sure there lots of good stylists out there who do nice work, but few are absolutely phenomenal at what they do AND treat their clients like family. It was a true pleasure and an honor to have Charlotte as my wedding hair stylist. My advice to other brides would be to book Charlotte early – she’s not a secret anymore!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have never felt as beautiful in my entire life as I did on my wedding day, and I owe it all to Charlotte. She did my hair and make-up, and it was spot on what I had envisioned, only better. She is truly talented, and was so personable and friendly on-site on the wedding day. She did my bridesmaids hair as well, and everyone could not stop raving about how happy they were with their up-do. 10 stars :)

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
KNG
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Elizabeth did my hair and she was wonderful! She was always listening to what I wanted and was up for any suggestions if I wanted to make a change! Not to mention she worked magic! My hair is very fine and straight and does not ever hold a curl at all...needless to say I had the most beautiful curls for my wedding just like I wanted, and they never fell!!

Meg did my makeup and it looked flawless! Both of these girls were on time and always professional but fun at the same time!! Charlotte really has a great team and I am so glad I chose them!

• Wedding: 04/20/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Charlotte provided hair/makeup for the bride and bridal party for our March 2013 wedding. Charlotte is wonderful, and her services are top-notch! She provided hair/make-up for my bridal potrait (and we did not do a test-run before the portrait), and it turned out perfect. I walked into her salon with a lot of styles that I did NOT want, but wasn't quite sure what I DID want. She interpreted my thoughts and preferences perfectly, and delivered exactly what I didn't know I wanted!! She is very talented and has an eye for details. My hair/makeup turned out perfectly the day of the wedding, as well, and she even gave me the lipstick to keep for touchups throughout the night. So nice!

We were getting ready at my house, and Charlotte accomodated that request, bringing her supplies and team to our house and setting-up a mobile station on our dining room table!

We had two moms, and 6 bridesmaids, getting hair/make-up services as well, so Charlotte brought two assistants with her to work on the other girls. The only reason I didn't give Charlotte a perfect "5" on quality, was because one of the bridesmaids was not satisfied with her assistants' hair styling skills, and had her re-work the style, casuing a bit of a delay on the other bridesmaids' hair getting done.

LOVE Charlotte and her beautiful styling work! My now-husband wants to hire her to do my hair/make-up on a daily basis he loved the work so much - I wish! :) Highly endorse her!

• Wedding: 03/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had Natalie Erthum do my hair for both the rehearsal and the wedding day - and my wedding party. Not only did i absolutely love my hair (once down, once up) but I love Natalie! I'm from out of town but I'd hang out with her if she lived nearby. She is easy to work with, and just really nice and fun. I wanted someone low key for the wedding as much as the right style - she hit both requisites perfectly.

• Wedding: 11/10/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Charlotte and Elizabeth....you girls are AWESOME!

Thank you so much for making me (my mom, and bridesmaids!) look amazing on my wedding day. I had so much fun spending time with ya'll in Hilton Head. Charlotte- you nailed my wedding hair...it was perfect! I showed her a few pictures and she combined them all into a "do" that was even better. I have VERY thick hair and my hair stayed up all night after dancing (even dancing on stage :). I felt so very beautiful but still very "me." If you decide to use Charlotte and team, you will not be disappointed. They are so talented and professional! Many thanks--Sarah Beth

• Wedding: 10/13/2012