The Yacht Club at Marina Shores

Professionalism
4.7
Value
Flexibility

We LOVED the Yacht Club for our wedding. We had our ceremony on the deck outside overlooking the marina and bay. The reception was right inside with a beautiful view and decor! Sue was AMAZING with helping us organize details, run the rehearsal, and supervise the ceremony! We live in Maryland and felt so comfortable having our wedding hours away thank to this wonderful venue and their staff!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used the Yacht Club at Marina Shores as our reception venue and were in the Shoreline Room. The venue is beautiful. I liked that they had built-in up-lighting and a simple decor so you could really customize it with your flowers and linen choices. We had about 90 guests and there was plenty of room. The deck outside was great for cocktail hour. Everyone said it was a fun wedding and absolutely beautiful. It was nice having the packages so I didn't have to worry about finding other vendors. I would recommend this venue. Thank you for a lovely wedding reception!

Recently Married

Beautiful and easy to work with.. Our wedding planning experience was enjoyable because Marina Shores makes it an easy process and is there every step of the way to answer all of your questions.

The Yacht Club at Marina Shores responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are thrilled we could help make your wedding planning less stressful. Congratulations and best wishes for your new life together.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Samantha
03/21/2015

Let me just start by saying The Yacht Club at Marina Shores is by far one of the best venues to get married at in the Hampton Roads area.

We got married on the deck of the Coastal Room and had our reception in the Coastal room right inside. They work so flawlessly with the preferred vendors as well as the vendors that you bring in yourself. They communicate with you and each of your vendors to make sure your day goes off with a hitch. This meant so much to me because I have heard nightmares about things getting lost in the mix.

We worked with Maria for most of the planning and she was willing to meet with us as many times as we needed. She let me come in 3 times during the week of the wedding so I could set things up and calm my neurotic nerves. She also got a pollen stain out of my dress that happened only 20 minutes before the ceremony began!!!!

Not only did I get married here, but I work in the wedding industry as well and I'm confident in saying that if you choose Marina Shores as your venue, you will not be disappointed.

Recently Married

Though we were planning from long distance, Sue made everything so easy! The all-inclusive packages are great, but we made a few changes and they accommodated us with ease.

Kathy
09/06/2014

Sue Seritis was so helpful and reliable. She immediately got back with us when we had questions or concerns. She was very calming at a stressful time!

Thank you for your kind words, Kathy. ❤

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We got married in the shoreline room and everything was amazing! We had the time of our lives!!

The Yacht Club at Marina Shores responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your review Alicia. We appreciate the feedback and wish you and John many happy years together!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was amazing for my wedding! The ceremony and reception were beautiful! I received so many compliments!! If you are looking for a venue with preferred vendors and don't want the stress of decorating or having to even have a coordinator! Look no further! The Yacht Club suggests preferred vendors and reduces so much stress with the outstanding services they provide!! I would do it all over again and this same venue!! Thanks again to Sue and everyone at the Yacht Club!!

The Yacht Club at Marina Shores responded with the following comments:

Wow, Tamika! Thank you for such kind words. We're elated your day went so smoothly and can't wait to see the photos! Congratulations and we wish you many happy years of wedded bliss.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Yacht Club at Marina Shores was the perfect venue for our wedding! We had our reception in the Shoreline room and ceremony on the outside deck. The views outside were beautiful and provided a gorgeous backdrop for pictures. The Shoreline room was so elegant - especially with the lighting additions running along the ceiling. We had a wedding planner to assist as we live in AZ - so this was a destination wedding - and Sue kept in touch with our planner and answered all our questions and helped to meet our needs. When we first met Sue, she told us that they use the best of the best vendors for all the services and she was right! It was quite evident that everyone knew what they were doing!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I worked with Jennifer Ireland at Marina Shores Yacht Club for my wedding. The location is absolutely beautiful. It is right on an inlet in Virginia Beach. They made it so easy to plan a wedding while my fiance was deployed. The yacht club provides preferred vendors so that you don't have to find everything yourself. However, if you want to use a different photographer or remove the photo booth, etc. they were very accommodating. Jennifer was always quick to respond to my many emails and questions. The wedding day went off without any issues. All the guests were very impressed and this bride couldn't be any happier. Highly recommended! Thank you- Moira

The Yacht Club at Marina Shores responded with the following comments:

Thank you Moira! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us. We wish you many happy years together!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They helped make our wedding day perfect. I wouldn't imagine how wonderful the day ended up. With all the planning it was so worth it. I couldn't picture getting married anywhere else in Va Beach beautiful venue on the water and wonderful vendors. The service was great and all of our guests had a great time. Sue was so easy to work with and was always very responsive when I needed anything!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's wedding at the Yacht Club at Marina Shores was PHENOMENAL! Everyone did an outstanding job! Every detail was planned to perfection. Jennifer Ireland was exceptional! She ensured that every facet of the event was outstanding. She was always available to answer every question and inquiry. She made the experience enjoyable! Everyone had a marvelous time! Jonathan Malbon ensured that the evening was flawless. He directed and assisted the staff to meet all our wants and needs. The evening was SPECTACULAR! All the vendors involved were exceptional!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can not say enough wonderful things about Sue, Jennifer and The Yacht Club. They were wonderful and helped tremendously! I visited several times and made numerous calls for all my questions and they were always eager to help!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Love everything about The Yacht Club.

2+ years ago

The Yacht Club at Marina Shores was wonderful!!! Choosing this venue made the wedding planning a lot easier! Our wedding ceremony was held on the Shoreline Deck and the reception was carried on in the Shoreline Room. This location made it easy to transition and allowed us to be with our friends and family throughout the event. The vendors were spectacular and altogether it was perfect!

Becky
07/06/2013

Loved Jennifer Ireland our coordinator. She was friendly, flexible, and always kept the lines of communication open. I felt like we were her only wedding. They have set up great vendors to work with and make everything much easier. If you don't have the time to do a lot of your own planning this is a great option. Reception was in coastal room. Our guests were excited about the venue and how you can be both inside and out.