The Pros - Disc Jockeys

The Pros - Disc Jockeys

Music your way on your special day!

Nationwide

• Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

This service is online driven, you answers questions on the type of event and or DJ you are looking for and they match you to one of their DJ's. Well... the DJ my daughter picked based on his prior reviews and experience was Kerriem. He was a REALLY nice guy, however a TERRIBLE DJ! He cut the father daughter dance in half. Never announced the toast, we never did the garter or flower toss, he didn't have the questions to the "shoe game", he didn't know the names of our attendants to announce them and so on and so on. He was suppose to have 29 years of experience. Well he made what was suppose to be the best day of my daughters life, the WORST! She still talks about how much she wishes she didn't go with him or ThePros. And when she called the corp. office to discuss. The owner, told her he would give my daughter $500 refund if she didn't write a bad review. Well as the mother of the Bride. I feel everyone should be aware of the type of service this company provides. Tread lightly if you choose this facility for your wedding.

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are grateful that we were able to find an amazing DJ - Romeo S.- to DJ at our recent late August wedding.

We initially attempted to contract with another DJ through another vendor, but he was not reliable and did not respond to calls about our event.

Luckily, I found out about The Pros and selected Romeo S. who was really responsive and accommodating to our needs. He came with a wealth of experience and seamlessly merged two genres of music to represent the blending of two cultures. We did a three room set-up (ceremony room, cocktail reception, and dinner reception). The music was wonderful, and The Pros offered competitive prices.

Romeo S. was accessible, responsive and very flexible to changes. He kept the party going and infused the appropriate type and level of humor. He is a very talented DJ, well-organized, professional and warm. We highly recommend his services to other couples.

Mr. & Mrs. A.G., 24 August 2014

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Use DJ Bill Mazzara for our daughters wedding and he did a great job. He kept our guests dancing all night with great music choices. He took the time to understand our choices for music and the type of reception we wanted to host. His experience and professionalism is top notch. I would highly recommend using Bill for your wedding.

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
0.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 1.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I hired the Pros DJ Service for my wedding we had a terrible experience with them. I had read several bad reviews on here before we hired them but I figured I would give them a shot. Needless to say I wish I didn't our DJ showed up 20 minutes late to our reception. We had to play our first dance song over the in-house sound system at the venue. He played NONE of our requested songs we submitted via the pros online music selection system. I had guests tell me how horrible our DJ was. Thank you Pros for wrecking my wedding something I can never redo. Take my advice anyone that is thinking about hiring The Pros DON'T THEY WILL WRECK YOUR WEDDING.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding DJ was Damon. He was great. Our venue sent him to the wrong room, but he was able to quickly get to the right one and he made the whole night fun and unforgettable.

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
2.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 2.5

The dJ we got did not play our first dance song everal times and even right before we went into the ballroom. He also did not play songs as what was requested. I asked specifically for him to not play oldies but he was still playing them throughout the night.

• Wedding: 05/19/2013
3.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Hi everyone! I just had a pretty solid DJ experience for my wedding. He was on time, punctual, etc. My main qualms? He didn't read all of the bridal party intros as requested, didn't play a few of the songs we asked to be incorporated in the wedding (though he played the correct songs for say, the father daughter dance). As far as my experience with the The Pros in general, they hassle you and don't have great communication with you once you pay for the service (they are very sales driven). BUT, I did still find that they were a great bang for the buck (we were definitely on a budget) and I would recommend them, at least in the NY area. Good luck friends!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This review is for DJ Tommy Mac in particular. A few days before the wedding, I gave Tommy Mac a list of songs and several MP3s that I wanted played, some with specific instructions to go along with them. He played my ceremony music flawlessly, and the first dance songs as well, following instructions to fade out at certain points when I asked him to. He made sure to play all of the other songs I really wanted in there, and people had a lot of fun with the centerpiece game he made up! Thanks again!

• Wedding: 10/12/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone at The Pros was great and Dj Rob was the best! He played all the songs I requested, while playing other great songs that kept everyone on the dance floor which was exactly what I wanted. He was on time, professional and transitioned the songs very well. I can't say anything bad about The Pros or Dj Rob!!

• Wedding: 10/07/2012
2.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

The Pro's contacted me a few days before to tell me that the DJ I had booked over a year prior would not be able to attend my wedding. The replacement DJ did not play the selections I had asked for and gone over with him and kept taking requests from the kids at the wedding. He played songs more than once and everyone left early because he failed to play any slow songs or get people up and dancing.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with Chris and I was really pleased by his work. I only talked to him on the phone twice, but with those two conversations and the online form I filled out, he was able to get exactly what I wanted. The party was awesome and people were dancing all night. He did such a good job, even some of the servers were dancing.

My family is Puerto Rican, and my husband's family is not. I wanted a mix of Latin music, but not too much and Chris found the perfect balance. We had plenty of Spanish music blended into the cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing, but not so much that it dominated the party. He really understood what I wanted and I had a blast. It was truly perfect.

My complaint is with the Pros system though, not with Chris. I didn't like that I had to work with a representative for the majority of the time of my contract. She would respond quickly to my emails, but didn't always answer all of the questions that I asked. I felt like Chris, and all my other vendors, understood that being a bride can make a person nervous and she wasn't very compassionate or responsive to questions I asked.

However, I like the online forms you can fill out with music selections and that helped give me ideas of what songs I wanted to use. Also, the Pros are flexible because I gave Chris my final information only a week before the wedding.

4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used a DJ from the Pros for our cocktail hour and reception. The music during our reception was great and was exactly what we had requested in the online questionnaire we completed. The majority of our wedding guests were dancing, and we had a very lively reception! The Pros were easy to work with. Their packages are very reasonable.

• Flexibility: 5.0

We are rating the Pros and specifically OUR DJ - Aaron with a 5 across the board. They were affordable, BY FAR. And so flexible. I was able to coordinate their time to ensure we had music playing as guests arrived. We had a great conference call with our DJ the week of the wedding to finalize everything. He arrived ON time and early and met with the groom to ensure all details were covered.

Music was perfect and he was SO FUNNY. We were concerned with the dancing as we had an early wedding. So we asked for a ton of dance music with some specific songs and he did it perfectly. We have been told weeks later how much fun and the best wedding people had been to.

A special tough; DJ made us up 2 CDs with our names and our music on them. We've been listening to them for weeks now.

We also had our our coordinate, Leighann that was fantastic. HIGHLY recommend them!!!

4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had The Pros- DJ for our wedding reception last weekend...our DJ was MJ and he was AWESOME!! We said prior to the wedding that the DJ makes the reception and people said it was the BEST wedding they have been to in a long time. People danced from the minute the reception started and nobody left until they venue made us leave.

• Wedding: 06/09/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Peter from The Pros was amazing! We had so much fun!!!

• Wedding: 06/08/2012
2.1/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

I used the pros for my dj, videography, and photograpy. My professionals were fantastic. With that said, the company changed my photographer three times and assigned me two that I did not like without my consent. My dj was changed without any notification and, after they promised no more changes, we got a new wedding coordinator. This all happened after we could not get our deposit back. The only reason they got two stars is because our professionals took great care of us. Please look this company up on the better business bureau before picking them.

• Wedding: 06/08/2012
800-843-7767
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire