Sew Special Boutique

Sew Special Boutique

130 Middlesex Rd, Unit 6
Tyngsboro, MA 01879 | map
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of the Brid...
Accessories: Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Shoes, Veils

(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cindy is such a great lady! I had brought my dress to another seamstress who was recommended by family and..it was a disaster! I found Cindy through one of my bridesmaids and I'm so glad I brought my dress to her. She was so helpful! She fixed my bustle right up for me and also took my side in a bit! She is very accommodating. I will definitley use Cindy again in the future! :)

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I brought my wedding dress to Sew Special to get bustled. I had already been to 3 other seamstresses who could not figure out how to do the bustle I was looking for. When I walked into Sew Special - they knew right away how to do the bustle and were so sweet. Everything was done quickly and with great quality. I highly recommend them!

• Wedding: 03/17/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you know what you want, Marie is the person to go to. I wanted a unique gown for my shape and I didnt see what I wanted in any of the bridal stores, even the high end designers where the gowns look great on someone very tall! I went in with a drawing and ideas in mind and Marie worked with me, also very responsive via email. She also made my dream mantilla veil and added beading by hand when i wanted it done after the gown was made.

• Wedding: 05/01/2010
Profile Picture
Mapia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Marie at Sew Special Boutique was a great pleasure! She created a dress for me when I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I will be recommending everyone I know to go to her!

• Wedding: 09/26/2009
1.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Marie was very nice. However, I was very disappointed with her work for a few reasons:

1. She did not tell me the truth about whether people smoke in her house (which holds her studio). My dress, which had come in perfect, left smelling like smoke.
2. She had 2 things to do on my dress - adjust the bustle (it already had one in from a previous owner), and hem. I came back twice to her having done the types of bustle that I had told her that I absolutely did not want. (under instead of over and then 3 hooks straight across instead of on different levels) When I brought my dress home from her shop, the bustle that was in made the dress fall really strangely and the dress was still connected at random points underneath so that it didn't even fall right unbustled. (Perhaps I was asking for something that was difficult to do, but she seemed to have pinned it nicely during the visit before.) Luckily, she ended up not charging me for the bustle because it hadn't been in her estimate from the beginning.
3. Hemming - the bottom of the dress was not hemmed in several places - either there were loose stitches that easily came out or she had just forgotten sections.

I had to bring my dress to someone else, who fixed it quickly and put in the same type of bustle that had been there when I received the dress. I liked Marie a lot and was therefore very surprised and disappointed. I'm sorry to have to write this review, I just really don't want someone else to have the same experience.

Sew Special Boutique responded with the following comments:

This review, had already been removed.....however it has been reposted....please remove as you already made the decision to remove it in November of 2008....

We do not work out of the home, where my neighbor was smoking in the basement and does not reflect the true picture

• Wedding: 11/01/2008
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marie did an excellent job on my wedding dress alterations. I had an Alfred Angelo dress with a red train, which provided a challenge in creating the right bustle, but she did a beautiful job. She also did a wonderful job taking in the dress and sewing in the straps. My bridesmaids also had a good experience with her work. The price was very reasonable, and Marie is very personable and flexible as to when she'll meet with you.

Marie works out of her house in Chelmsford, and when I first walked in I was a little concerned because it does smell as as if someone smokes in her house. However, her studio is at the side of the house and it seems as if the door stays shut, so my wedding dress did not leave smelling at all like smoke.

I highly recommend Marie.

• Wedding: 10/04/2008
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marie did an outstanding job on all the services she supplied the entire wedding party. She was flexible with people's schedules, available for any services that the attendees needed, and was also there the day of the wedding to help both myself and the bride - and her party with getting ready. She went above and beyond what was expected of her. I would use her services again in the future.

• Wedding: 06/28/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found out about Marie through her website and was pleased that she was able to fit me in for my first fitting within a few weeks. Marie was very pleasant to work with. My dress was actually very difficult to alter because of the embroidery but she did it for a very reasonable price. The dress came out beautifully and was nicely pressed the week before my wedding (which she does with the veil and petticoat for a nominal additional price). I would definitely recommend her to others, considering how much she charges for such amazing work compared to the boutique alterations.

• Wedding: 06/21/2008
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Marie was great! She did a great job on my alterations and was able to work around my schedule and was willing to do last minute alterations if needed.

• Wedding: 05/31/2008
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I couldn't have been happier with my dress and all the suggestions that were made to make the dress look better than the picture I brought along. It was done in a short amount of time, the fabric she chose was perfect. I had a huge amount of compliments.

• Wedding: 04/19/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marie made me look beautiful on my wedding day and I couldn't have asked for better service.

• Wedding: 12/15/2007
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My dresses turned out beautiful! I couldn't have asked for anything more, the process was very professional and I had absolutley no problems.

• Wedding: 10/27/2007
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I purchased my wedding shoes here. It was very easy to work with this shop. I picked out the shoes I wanted to try and they were ordered right to the store. I was pleased to find a pair that were beautiful and comfortable. Service was excellent!

• Wedding: 06/24/2007
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Although I traveled from Manchester to North Chelmsford for my dress fittings it was worth the trips. Marie made each visit special for me, making my wedding process fun from start to finish. She had to do plendy of altering on my dress, due to my height, but never did she mind and it came out beautiful! I had a few of my bridesmaids dresses and my mom's dress altered there as well - we all loved the work she did. Marie even had shoes for my mom dyed that looked great with the dress!

• Wedding: 10/07/2006
Services Used: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)
978-649-6440
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7