Sarah Sanmarco - Applewhite Professional Makeup Artist

• Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

My experience with this vendor was extremely disappointing, stressful, literally painful, & shocking. RED FLAG: Sarah required me to sign a contract with her prior to my trial run which was approx. 6 1/2 months prior to my wedding. I agreed to do so because she claimed to be a professional and I believed that my trial was in fact an appt to decide if I wanted to utilize her services or not. The day of my trial run Sarah was late for our appt which was 2 1/2 hours prior to our engagement photos. This put me in a bind because she was still applying makeup 30 minutes prior to our appointment with the photographer. I expressed to Sarah several times prior to my trial run appointment that I wanted to look natural and that I normally wear very little makeup. During our trial run she put several coats of makeup on and kept stating that she did not want me to look until she was done. Needless to say, I did NOT look natural.....the makeup was caked on with several layers of airbrushing, eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, ect... Once I expressed my dissatisfaction her demeanor completely changed and she became rude. I wrote a check to Sarah for $265.00 because she demanded it at that time and I was concerned about her irrational behavior, actions, and comments in our home. In addition, as soon as Sarah knew I was going to write a check she got very upset and stated that she accepts CASH ONLY because she has several checks bouncing around her account. My fiancé & I both told her that neither one of us had cash on hand so she reluctantly accepted the check. Shortly after Sarah left my eyes began to painfully burn and water. The next day I told her that I would not be utilizing her services and I requested a refund for the advance fee of $150.00 she required me to pay at my trial run and Sarah refused to refund it. If you choose to utilize Sarah's services BE AWARE of signing anything and/or paying her any funds in advance prior to your trial run. I can be reached @ 480-773-2223.

• Wedding: [Private]
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I used Sarah for my boudoir shoot which was also my trial run and for my wedding. She is really quite amazing. She is a true make up artist and I am SO thankful I found her and was able to book her for my wedding. Not only is she amazing at what she does but she is a great person with such a fun personality. All the girls in my wedding party had a great time getting ready with her and one of them even took her number down to try and book her for her own wedding!

If your are looking for a make up artist, you can stop here because Sarah is the absolute best!

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
Michelle
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah is so much fun!! She is not only a fantastic makeup artist but she is hilarious. She fit right in with the bridal party, and really made the makeup application process relaxing and a breeze. Sarah did a great job at keeping my makeup natural but applied enough to be photo ready.

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
Jillian
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah is amazing! She came to my house to do a trial run before our engagement pictures, and did my makeup the day of. Not only does she do awesome work, she is one cool girl! She is so fun to be around. Thanks for all you did Sarah!

• Wedding: 03/08/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah is now one of my favorite people. She came to my house for my makeup trial and I knew from the moment that I met her that I wanted to have her do my makeup for the wedding. She has a fantastic personality and she'll make you feel completely at ease. She took my ideas and the pictures that I had pulled out of bridal magazines and tweaked them to look best on me, and when I saw myself in the mirror I was absolutely amazed!! The airbrush makeup evened out all imperfections, and it's so light I couldn't feel it on my skin at all. On the day of the wedding she made all of us look flawless. My mother adored her, and so did all of the other girls. I can't count the number of compliments I got on my skin that night and my makeup stayed perfect, even through all the happy tears I cried. I recommend her without hesitation. She is phenomenal. Book her today!!

• Wedding: 02/22/2013
Heather
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This review is difficult for me to write, because I think Sarah deserves more than a 5. I was unsure if airbrushing or having a professional do my makeup would be worth the price because I pretty particular on my makeup.

This is one of THE BEST decisons I made. Sarah was worth every penny we paid and my makeup was AWESOME! My makeup came out exactly what I wanted if not better. I can not say enough about how my makeup turned out I recieved compliment after compliment from my trial day and day of.

Sarah wasnt only great at doing makeup but she is a wonderful person. She listens and just feels like she is part of the family, but how Sarah saved the day was the day of my wedding. I was a little bit of a reck when I walked into the bridal suite. My nerves were high and I was late. Sarah sat me down in her chair asssured me everything was okay and just talked to me. Not about the wedding, not about the caos that was going on but just like she was my sister. Hoestly this was the best gift she gave me. This completly calmed my and brought me back down.... well to earth. For that hour we just talked while she did my makeup and by the end of it my makeup was stunning and I was a ease.

So thank you Sarah! You rock!

Love,

Megan Pardo
9/28/2012

• Wedding: 09/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I really like the work of Sarah. I like all the makeup of her.

• Wedding: 08/05/2012
mogu
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah did a fantastic job on the makeup for me and my attendants. The airbrush technique is definitely the way to go, especially for the bride. I wish I could look that flawless all the time, and Sarah really knows how to make the bride look spectacular. My makeup lasted through the Arizona heat and most of the next day since my husband and I tool off from the reception straight for the airport. Sarah is professional and a perfectionist. I highly recommend her.

• Wedding: 05/20/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah did a great job on my makeup, as well as everyone else in the bridal party. She has a sweet and fun personality, as well. I feel I was quite a challenge for her for two reasons: I am extremely picky and hard on myself and I also had two huge zits which you couldn't notice after the makeup was on. I will definitely recommend Sarah to my friends! Thanks for everything!

• Wedding: 04/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah is fabulous!! Such a great person and makeup artist!! Sarah did my makeup as well as all my bridesmaids for my wedding day and everyone turned out wonderfully! My makeup was perfect! Natural and just made up enough so I felt like a bride! I reccommend her airbrush foundation! It's so light you won't even feel like you're wearing foundation!! She also does a mean spray tan if you're in the market!

• Wedding: 03/03/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah is amazing! She does beautiful work she made me and my bm and mob feel and look amazing! She is funny and gets back to you quick! I was thrown away with the way she made me look and feel my wedding day she makes you look amazing without having tons of make up on she uses wonderful product I also got tanned by her its awesome! I received so many compliments on my make up and tan! Thank you so much Sarah :)!!!

• Wedding: 10/02/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am so glad I used Sarah for my wedding day makeup. She is an absolutely amazing artist (and fun to work with too!). It was almost 110 degrees the day of my wedding and even after sweating through my outdoor ceremony, my makeup STILL looked perfect afterward. I liked that Sarah did a trial and took before & after pictures to make sure I liked the way my makeup looked on camera.
Sarah did a wonderful job on me, my bridal party, my mom and my mother-in-law. Everyone looked and felt fabulous. I would highly recommend Sarah!

• Wedding: 09/04/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone looked amazing thanks to Sarah. She is an talented artist and brought out everyone's inner beauty. Whether your the bride, a tomboy bridesmaid, mother of groom, or mother of the bride, Sarah will make you look beautiful. Everyone still looks like themselves and her work really photographs well. She was even kind enough to come to the rescue and cover up one of the groomsmen's facial injury.

• Wedding: 07/30/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah was fantastic! Very professional, on-time, and truly wants her clients to be happy with the end result. She did my makeup for my wedding and I could not have been happier this how it turned out. She is so fun and I loved having her as part of my getting ready with family and friends. Thanks Sarah!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sara did a beautiful job at my wedding. I am not used to wearing a lot of make up but she did a beautiful job reassuring and at the end making me looking wonderful! My husband (then fiancee) likes the natural look and he thought I looked great! Sara did a wonderful job with my mother, she looked 10 years younger, and it was radiated in the pictures how beautiful she felt. Doing the spray make up, is highly recommended! Thank you Sara!!

• Wedding: 11/27/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah did an amazing job. She was professional, creative, on time, and a true artist. She made me and my girls look amazing. I can't thank her enough.

• Wedding: 10/29/2010
602-405-2278
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards