Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture

Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture

8300 leesville road
Raleigh, NC 27613 | map
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of the Bride, Mother of t...
Accessories: Veils

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Olga is an artist with a needle and thread. She took my 40-year old wedding gown, had it cleaned, and created a new bodice with sleeves reserving every stitch of lace from the original dress. It was the same gown, yet different, better suited to my daughter and today's times. She can do anything! She is worth every penny that she charges and you will never be disappointed.

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
Linda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Using Olga was the BEST decision we made in bridal attire for our wedding. She is attentive, intelligent and will make you look and feel like a model, all without breaking your budget. I loved every interaction with her -- she took the stress and worry over my dress completely out of the equation and I would recommend her over any other seamstress in the entire Southeast.

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Olga's granddaughter, also named Olga, worked on my dress and she did an AMAZING job. My dress was over 2 sizes too big and all lace. Olga hemmed the lace and lining, which included removing the lace trim and replacing it, and it was perfect! The length was just right and you couldn't tell she removed and replaced the trim. It also had to be taken in a considerable amount and it turned out great. She added a 4 point bustle which looked so beautiful, unfortunately my mom was unable to figure it out at the wedding, which is no Olga's fault by any means. I only mention it because would suggest video taping when Olga trains you how to pin it! Lastly, Olga is very nice and reasonably priced!

• Wedding: 10/17/2014
Hannah
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Remarkable work. She had never seen or worked on a dress like mine- 9 layers of endless tulle and sparkles. Her work was exceptional and she conducted a 15 point bustle that was so easy to do!!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Don't let anyone other than Olga touch your wedding dress. She is very popular and hard to book, so get in her calendar the day you buy your dress. I have my degree in textiles so I know a quality seamstress when I see one and Olga is the best. She is also very sweet and will make you feel beautiful, she's the Russian grandmother you wish you had. Even though her schedule was always completely booked, she was still very flexible with me to move appointments around. I live out of state so doing my fittings were a challenge, but she always made it work. There was a lot of intricate work on my bodice and she had to take a lot in, but she make it look perfect. I'm so glad I took my dress to her.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Olga is the BEST when it comes to wedding dress alterations. Seriously, don't take your dress anywhere else. I had my alterations done at the same place where I purchased my dress (out of town), and everything looked fine when I tried it on in the store. Fast forward to 3 weeks before my wedding, when I do my bridal portraits. I realize that the dress is bunching unattractively around the hips whenever I walk more than 10 yards at a time. A little panicked, I start googling around for good wedding gown alterations in the Raleigh area, as I have no free weekends before the wedding to head back to the original shop where I had the dress altered. I wanted someone really good, as there was no more time for trial and error with my wedding date being close. I called Olga, and she told me she was booked through the end of the year. However, when I explained my situation, she very kindly took me on, despite being incredibly busy with brides coming out of the wood work (seriously, she has brides come from as far as West Virginia and Georgia--wow!). She expertly diagnosed the issue with my dress and fixed it. She also discovered that my bustle was very lopsided, and I am so glad she did because it would have looked horrible in photos (I can't believe I left the original shop without looking to make sure the bustle looked good from the back!). Olga finished my dress within the tight time frame and it looked perfect on my wedding day. I was afraid her prices would be through the roof since she is clearly such an expert in her field, but I found them to be fairly reasonable considering the quality of work. I honestly wish I had just taken the dress to her to begin with, because I wouldn't have had to pay for alterations twice. I also took my dress back to Olga after the wedding for preservation, as she contracts with a company that does cleaning and preservation services. My gown is now back at home, perfectly cleaned and packaged. Thank you, Olga!!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough good things about Olga at Olga Alterations. I took a dress to her that someone else had butchered after working on it for five months. It was seriously in pieces and I was too. I asked Olga if it was even fixable or did I need to start dress shopping again. She assured me she could fix it AND SHE DID! Her craftsmanship is exceptional. Her eye for detail is outstanding. She made me feel very special. She even surprised me with a blue flower sewn on the inside hem for my something blue! It was very touching. She is very popular and I can understand why. You definitely have to book her a year in advance! When she finished my dress in February she was already book through November!

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Olga was awesome. I had her put a corset into my wedding dress as well as repair a tear as my dress was the sample. She focused on what would make me the most comfortable on my wedding day and added cups to my dress as well as a simple and unique bustle that goes with the design of my dress. She books up early so if you want to use her don't wait to call.

• Wedding: 02/15/2014
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Olga is a master. With little more than 2 months to go, she tailored both of my bridal gowns to a perfect fit, even offering to take them in more the week of the wedding if I continued to lose "stress weight." She suggested adding extra corset-ing & support solutions I never would have thought about.-my dresses looked perfect and fit comfortably all the way thru the long but wonderful marathon of pictures, hugs kisses & dancing. THANK YOU OLGA! If you can get on her packed schedule-you will not regret it-she is The BEST!

• Wedding: 12/21/2013
Lael Eve
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Summary version: Olga is the best!!! She works magic with her alterations and is honest, meticulous, and thoughtful!

Long version: I ordered my wedding gown from Victorian Rose Bridal (the worst), and when I went for my second fitting learned that no alterations were made. It was three weeks to the wedding day, and the store didn't bother to call to inform me that they didn't alter the dress as promised. I left the store, dress in hand, and searched Yelp and found Olga and her rave reviews.

Olga found things that needed altered that the dress shop didn't see. She made the dress fit perfectly and sewed in a blue flower for good luck. Olga is straight forward in her work, has a keen eye, and delivers on time. She even designs lovely customized gowns and veils. Call her in advance because she is booked solid - I happened to call just after she had a cancellation. I cannot say enough good things about her!

• Wedding: 11/03/2013
4.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It is really awkward going in front of a complete stranger and stripping down in front of them mere moments later. Somehow Olga put me at ease. She is a gem in Raleigh and a master at her work. No wonder people travel from states over to have her do their alterations.

• Wedding: 10/13/2013
2.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I first brought my gown to Olga in 2012 for her to look over a slight tear. She told me that the fix would be no problem.

Almost a year later, Olga pulled a 180 on me. Not only was my dress now in “awful” condition, and thus a higher estimate, she was VERY rude to me. She took literal the word “can” and unleashed on me that she did not tell me how to do my job (after asking me what I did in a condescending manor) and that I should not ask her anymore questions. Alone, and in a crunch before my wedding, I reluctantly left my dress with Olga.

My 2nd fitting went great. No hiccups and the dress looked gorgeous, just needed final hemming. We discussed how steaming my dress would work, and that I would still come in for my final appt. the Sat before my wedding, but that she also had me down to pick up my steamed dress on the day before my wedding.

Well, the Sat. before my wedding roles around and there was another car in the driveway. The poor other client was half-dressed & didn’t know what to think. Olga pulled my dress and it was obvious she had not touched it since the last time I was there. My mom and I offered to go out on her porch to not intrude on her current client. Olga came out and let us know she’d have my dress finalized on my Fri. pickup.

On Fri, Olga insisted I try it on (thank god) which I thought was odd, and the moment the bag is unzipped I know it’s not been steamed. Olga rushed my mom through how to bustle the gown, meanwhile in passing mentioning that the folds will stay down “once I get it steamed.” I’m so ticked at this point I point blank tell her that my wedding is tomorrow and she was supposed to steam it. Olga was very apologetic, but did not quite understand the gravity of the imposition she put me in.

In the end, I had a gorgeous gown, but Olga caused unnecessary stress with her lack of professionalism and customer service. In my opinion,she is overwhelmed and has taken on too many clients. Go elsewhere.

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Olga is wonderful! The first thing you need to know is that she books up QUICKLY. I called her in December 2012 for my Oct 2013 wedding and she only had two openings still available. I'd recommend booking her once you get engaged even before you have your dress.
She took my dress in an entire size, added cups, added a 7-pt bustle and, added a band to the inside of my dress to help hold it up (it was strapless). All of this in only 2 visits and once more to pick it up. My dress fit like it was made for me and was comfortable the entire night.

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough good thinks about sweet Olga! She is HANDS DOWN...THE BEST! My wedding is Oct 2013, and I called her Oct 2012 to get an appointment. She was so busy...she really didn't have any openings until Spring 2013. Thankfully, she fit me in on like the day before Thanksiving or something crazy like that. (which, to me, said a lot about her work ethic and desire to make brides happy.) :) I was very impressed from the start.

When you meet her, you can just tell she knows what she is doing. You don't even have to talk or explain what you need--she could probably do it with her eyes closed. Since my first fitting with her, she had me come back to make sure it fit the right way, and then made any other changes as needed. I basically could have as many appointments as I needed until it was 'just right.' Her prices are also very reasonable-considering how great of a job she does!

When my mom wanted to make sure she knew how to bustle my dress properly, Olga allowed my mom and I to come back to her house (she has her business on the side of her house) and she let me take a video of her teaching my mom how to do it. I mean--out of your way customer service! After my bridal portraits, she said I could bring the dress back to her house to get cleaned...which I did. Did I mention how AMAZING my dress looks???! It fits like a glove and I couldn't be more in love with how it fits and looks on me.

My advice to you--if you think there is even a CHANCE of you getting engaged this next year...go ahead and book Olga. You will not regret it, and you will have the most stress-free wedding dress altering experience. (Not to mention, you get to meet Olga and her Ninja kitty!) ;) I am honestly going to miss going over to see her! She is the hidden gem of bridal gown alterations in Raleigh, and you will be very lucky to have her as a part of your special day.

• Wedding: 10/11/2013
tlmedlin
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough positive things about Olga! Olga is sweet, professional, personable, and very punctual, and a life saver! My Monique Lhuilher dress is beautiful alone, but Olga’s transformations to make it truly special and mine were innovative, easy, and beautiful! Olga even created a veil for me when mine came in all wrong that I ordered on Etsy! Olga is very talented and has a good eye to make your day even more breathless. Olga is very flexible and knows how to fix all blunders and put a smile on your face in the process. Thank you Olga!

• Wedding: 10/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

LOVE Olga! She is the best! No need to consider anyone else in the Raleigh area for alterations! She is great at what she does and aims to please! Thanks Olga for making my lace dress even more beautiful than I could have expected!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
Joy
919-462-9472
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards