Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture

Flexibility
Private User
[Private]
4.7

Olga makes custom bridal gowns and focuses on repairing and altering old gowns. I am wearing my mom's dress and it will be a total re-haul when finished. Olga has been so excited about the whole process and is a joy to work with. All her pictures of bast brides shows her detailed and beautiful work and not one bad review can be found when you Google her! She is hard to book though so call as soon as your engaged!

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

I write to offer my highest recommendation of Olga to any bride-to-be seeking truly exceptional tailoring services for her wedding dress. First of all, as I am sure every busy bride will appreciate, Olga was incredibly accommodating of my hectic schedule (I live and work out of state) by letting me come in over the weekend so I wouldn't have to miss work. She then managed to tailor my dress, start to finish, over the course of a single Saturday and Sunday (no small feat!) so I wouldn't have to make yet another trip down to Raleigh. Most importantly, however, the results are absolutely phenomenal. Olga turned my standard store-bought dress (which was too big in several places) into a perfectly fitted, stunning dress with a unique bustle that I am so thrilled to get to wear on my upcoming wedding day! Olga truly is continuing her grandmother's reputation of outstanding, top-quality bridal alterations with excellent customer service. Olga is a great person and vendor to work with, and I am so glad I went to her! Thanks, Olga! - Liz T.

Mallory
12/13/2014

Olga is simply the BEST! She is amazing to work with, TOTALLY knows what she is doing and so reasonably priced for the love and detail she puts into her bride's dresses. I absolutely would recommend her to ANYONE for anything-- no job is too big for Olga to handle. My dress fit like a glove, was the most perfect length, and had an awesome bustle that help up after an entire evening of dancing! Literally, words can't describe how perfect she is at her profession! LOVE HER!

Linda
11/08/2014

Olga is an artist with a needle and thread. She took my 40-year old wedding gown, had it cleaned, and created a new bodice with sleeves reserving every stitch of lace from the original dress. It was the same gown, yet different, better suited to my daughter and today's times. She can do anything! She is worth every penny that she charges and you will never be disappointed.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Using Olga was the BEST decision we made in bridal attire for our wedding. She is attentive, intelligent and will make you look and feel like a model, all without breaking your budget. I loved every interaction with her -- she took the stress and worry over my dress completely out of the equation and I would recommend her over any other seamstress in the entire Southeast.

Hannah
1 Review
10/17/2014

Olga's granddaughter, also named Olga, worked on my dress and she did an AMAZING job. My dress was over 2 sizes too big and all lace. Olga hemmed the lace and lining, which included removing the lace trim and replacing it, and it was perfect! The length was just right and you couldn't tell she removed and replaced the trim. It also had to be taken in a considerable amount and it turned out great. She added a 4 point bustle which looked so beautiful, unfortunately my mom was unable to figure it out at the wedding, which is no Olga's fault by any means. I only mention it because would suggest video taping when Olga trains you how to pin it! Lastly, Olga is very nice and reasonably priced!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Remarkable work. She had never seen or worked on a dress like mine- 9 layers of endless tulle and sparkles. Her work was exceptional and she conducted a 15 point bustle that was so easy to do!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Olga is an expert seamstress, a consummate professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. The wedding dress I purchased, though beautiful, was manufactured with flaws and ordered a size too small. Olga worked her magic with me and the dress, to get it to fit perfectly for my big day. She always went the extra mile, is fair and reasonably priced, accessible, and has a fantastic personality. I cannot sing her praises enough. Aim to book far in advance of your fittings, as she is in high demand!!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Don't let anyone other than Olga touch your wedding dress. She is very popular and hard to book, so get in her calendar the day you buy your dress. I have my degree in textiles so I know a quality seamstress when I see one and Olga is the best. She is also very sweet and will make you feel beautiful, she's the Russian grandmother you wish you had. Even though her schedule was always completely booked, she was still very flexible with me to move appointments around. I live out of state so doing my fittings were a challenge, but she always made it work. There was a lot of intricate work on my bodice and she had to take a lot in, but she make it look perfect. I'm so glad I took my dress to her.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Olga is the BEST when it comes to wedding dress alterations. Seriously, don't take your dress anywhere else. I had my alterations done at the same place where I purchased my dress (out of town), and everything looked fine when I tried it on in the store. Fast forward to 3 weeks before my wedding, when I do my bridal portraits. I realize that the dress is bunching unattractively around the hips whenever I walk more than 10 yards at a time. A little panicked, I start googling around for good wedding gown alterations in the Raleigh area, as I have no free weekends before the wedding to head back to the original shop where I had the dress altered. I wanted someone really good, as there was no more time for trial and error with my wedding date being close. I called Olga, and she told me she was booked through the end of the year. However, when I explained my situation, she very kindly took me on, despite being incredibly busy with brides coming out of the wood work (seriously, she has brides come from as far as West Virginia and Georgia--wow!). She expertly diagnosed the issue with my dress and fixed it. She also discovered that my bustle was very lopsided, and I am so glad she did because it would have looked horrible in photos (I can't believe I left the original shop without looking to make sure the bustle looked good from the back!). Olga finished my dress within the tight time frame and it looked perfect on my wedding day. I was afraid her prices would be through the roof since she is clearly such an expert in her field, but I found them to be fairly reasonable considering the quality of work. I honestly wish I had just taken the dress to her to begin with, because I wouldn't have had to pay for alterations twice. I also took my dress back to Olga after the wedding for preservation, as she contracts with a company that does cleaning and preservation services. My gown is now back at home, perfectly cleaned and packaged. Thank you, Olga!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I cannot say enough good things about Olga at Olga Alterations. I took a dress to her that someone else had butchered after working on it for five months. It was seriously in pieces and I was too. I asked Olga if it was even fixable or did I need to start dress shopping again. She assured me she could fix it AND SHE DID! Her craftsmanship is exceptional. Her eye for detail is outstanding. She made me feel very special. She even surprised me with a blue flower sewn on the inside hem for my something blue! It was very touching. She is very popular and I can understand why. You definitely have to book her a year in advance! When she finished my dress in February she was already book through November!

Anonymous
02/15/2014

Olga was awesome. I had her put a corset into my wedding dress as well as repair a tear as my dress was the sample. She focused on what would make me the most comfortable on my wedding day and added cups to my dress as well as a simple and unique bustle that goes with the design of my dress. She books up early so if you want to use her don't wait to call.

Lael Eve
12/21/2013

Olga is a master. With little more than 2 months to go, she tailored both of my bridal gowns to a perfect fit, even offering to take them in more the week of the wedding if I continued to lose "stress weight." She suggested adding extra corset-ing & support solutions I never would have thought about.-my dresses looked perfect and fit comfortably all the way thru the long but wonderful marathon of pictures, hugs kisses & dancing. THANK YOU OLGA! If you can get on her packed schedule-you will not regret it-she is The BEST!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Summary version: Olga is the best!!! She works magic with her alterations and is honest, meticulous, and thoughtful!

Long version: I ordered my wedding gown from Victorian Rose Bridal (the worst), and when I went for my second fitting learned that no alterations were made. It was three weeks to the wedding day, and the store didn't bother to call to inform me that they didn't alter the dress as promised. I left the store, dress in hand, and searched Yelp and found Olga and her rave reviews.

Olga found things that needed altered that the dress shop didn't see. She made the dress fit perfectly and sewed in a blue flower for good luck. Olga is straight forward in her work, has a keen eye, and delivers on time. She even designs lovely customized gowns and veils. Call her in advance because she is booked solid - I happened to call just after she had a cancellation. I cannot say enough good things about her!

4.3

It is really awkward going in front of a complete stranger and stripping down in front of them mere moments later. Somehow Olga put me at ease. She is a gem in Raleigh and a master at her work. No wonder people travel from states over to have her do their alterations.

2.1

I first brought my gown to Olga in 2012 for her to look over a slight tear. She told me that the fix would be no problem.

Almost a year later, Olga pulled a 180 on me. Not only was my dress now in “awful” condition, and thus a higher estimate, she was VERY rude to me. She took literal the word “can” and unleashed on me that she did not tell me how to do my job (after asking me what I did in a condescending manor) and that I should not ask her anymore questions. Alone, and in a crunch before my wedding, I reluctantly left my dress with Olga.

My 2nd fitting went great. No hiccups and the dress looked gorgeous, just needed final hemming. We discussed how steaming my dress would work, and that I would still come in for my final appt. the Sat before my wedding, but that she also had me down to pick up my steamed dress on the day before my wedding.

Well, the Sat. before my wedding roles around and there was another car in the driveway. The poor other client was half-dressed & didn’t know what to think. Olga pulled my dress and it was obvious she had not touched it since the last time I was there. My mom and I offered to go out on her porch to not intrude on her current client. Olga came out and let us know she’d have my dress finalized on my Fri. pickup.

On Fri, Olga insisted I try it on (thank god) which I thought was odd, and the moment the bag is unzipped I know it’s not been steamed. Olga rushed my mom through how to bustle the gown, meanwhile in passing mentioning that the folds will stay down “once I get it steamed.” I’m so ticked at this point I point blank tell her that my wedding is tomorrow and she was supposed to steam it. Olga was very apologetic, but did not quite understand the gravity of the imposition she put me in.

In the end, I had a gorgeous gown, but Olga caused unnecessary stress with her lack of professionalism and customer service. In my opinion,she is overwhelmed and has taken on too many clients. Go elsewhere.