Occasional Flowers

Occasional Flowers

Herndon, VA
703.608.8348
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Tonya did an amazing job with the flowers for my wedding! I could not have asked for anything more. I did not know exactly what I wanted, but she was able to help me figure out a vision. She worked closely with my mom and I as the day grew closer to adjust arrangements and flower quantity. Tonya was extremely accommodating when we had an illness in the family. I loved the arrangements at my ceremony, the flowers for everyone in the wedding party, the table flowers at the reception, and especially my bouquet! She helped make my wedding beautiful and perfect!

Ariel
10/12/2014

It was a pleasure to work with Tonya for our wedding. Tonya not only did the flowers for our wedding, but also created a beautiful chuppah for us to be married under. Tonya was easy to work with and did a great job translating my vision into the flowers for our wedding day. I gave Tonya a lot of flexibility to create a look that would work for our wedding day and I was not disappointed. My bouquet was STUNNING and everyone raved over the centerpieces. Tonya also did a great job of staying within our budget limitations and respected what we wanted to spend. I would 100% recommend Tonya to future brides.

Services Used: Flowers

Tonya was sooooo amazing in every aspect! It was like she took what was inside my head and created a beautiful masterpiece. For my wedding I asked for lots of texture, succulents, a few different types of berries, deep fall colored roses and she did everything and more! She was so responsive to every single change I made (and I made a ton) and she also gave me an updated invoice each time. The bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces were absolutely perfect and stunning. If you want your flowers to be perfect then you should go to Tonya!!!

Occasional Flowers responded with the following comments:

I feel like I say this all the time; but What A Beautiful Wedding! I loved working on this unique event and can't wait to see the photos! It was so refreshing to work with different elements and do something that was truly artistic. It is the best thing in the world to know that I was able to create designs that brought Annie's images to life! I wish you all the best!

Services Used: Flowers

Tonya is responsive, patient, knowledgeable and oh so fabulous. She created the most gorgeous arrangements for my rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception. She ALWAYS responded to my e-mails and was a pleasure to contact throughout the planning process. She created a Pinterest page for my vision, was able to suggest cost-effective replacements for my high-end taste, and found the perfect vases and votive candles to match. When I walked into my reception I cried! It was honestly that beautiful. She made the venue come to life and did it with grace, professionalism and efficiency. I would absolutely recommend Occasional Flowers to any type of bride!

Services Used: Flowers

I hadn't met Tonya until my wedding day. She was incredible in every aspect of my flowers. Not only was she professional and responsive from my initial contact, but up through my wedding day. She was able to make some minor last minute changes for me and my flower were perfect everything from bride & bridesmaid bouquets, calla lily corsages, arrangement on the arbor, reception centerpieces of submerged calla lilies and orchids, and calla lily boutonnieres, she did it all. She pulled from my visions and added her creative touch to make my day perfect. A huge "thank you" to Tonya for a wonderful experience with very fair prices!

Services Used: Flowers

Tonya was great! She was very knowledgeable about the different flowers in season and did a very thorough calculation of the cost. She was the only vendor who offered to meet me halfway between our locations - it was very nice not to have to drive a whole hour for once!
On the day of the wedding the flowers were all delivered promptly and in great condition. They were so beautiful! My bouquet after the wedding lasted quite a while - which was a nice surprise. Everyone loved our wedding flowers and my experience with Tonya was great. I'd recommend her to everyone!

Services Used: Flowers

Tonya was great to work with. We only met once, but she completely understood what I wanted and provided us with such beautiful flowers. She was friendly, prompt, professional, and trustworthy.

Recently Married

Occasional Flowers was simply amazing for our wedding and rehearsal dinner flowers. The value and service is exceptional. Tonya did an amazing job creating the arrangements just as I envisioned them.

Recently Married

We loved working with Tonya. She did such an amazing job on the flowers for our wedding, and everything was very reasonably priced.

Services Used: Flowers

I am so happy that we found Tonya! She provided all of the arrangements at our August wedding - bouquets, boutonnieres, arrangements for the mothers and grandmothers, aisle decorations, centerpieces at the reception AND she threw in decorations for the cake at no extra charge.

She was so easy to work with. I didn’t have a really clear idea of what I wanted, but after pinning dozens of photos on Pinterest, Tonya was able to interpret it and pull together something that was better than I could have expected! She clearly knows her stuff and was able to provide suggestions based on what was in season and what fit within our budget.

We didn’t save a huge portion of our budget for flowers and not only did Tonya happily work within our range (so many others we looked at seemed to want to force extra fees on us) she even provided suggestions of where we could save – like not spending too much on flowers at the church and finding a way to make those arrangements double as décor at the reception.

She helped us with the logistics – delivering flowers to the church and to the reception (at two different locations) so we didn’t have to worry about doing it ourselves.

She was also really flexible. We made some last minute additions and changes to our plan in the two weeks leading up to the wedding and Tonya was more than happy to accommodate. She met with us several times in the lead up to the wedding, and even provided us with a complimentary table arrangement to bring to our tasting so we knew exactly what to expect.

Lastly, I (along with my bridesmaids) was so pleasantly surprised with how well the bouquets held up and how long they lasted! We got to enjoy them well beyond the day of the wedding.

Would definitely recommend working with Tonya for your big day or any occasion!

Recently Married

Ms. Tonya did a wonderful job providing the flowers for my August Top of the Town wedding. She was very flexible and allowed me to keep adding things to her "to-do" list without charging me extra (for example, I asked her to set up our anniversary box and tape childhood pictures to the bathroom doors etc.). Her arrangements were lovely and I could not be happier. She had good prices and worked with me to stay under my budget.

Kayla
07/26/2014

Tonya did an AMAZING job with the flowers for my wedding. She made a bouquet for my last-minute elopement back in March right after we had booked her for our bigger ceremony and the flowers for our wedding last weekend were perfection. Everything was on time and beautiful! I'm crazy picky when it comes to flowers but everything was gorgeous and it was so awesome to not have to worry about trying to set everything up ourselves.

Occasional Flowers responded with the following comments:

Sometimes the simplest things are the most beautiful. Certainly was the case with this wedding! Deep shades of Red were so fitting for the ceremony and reception that took place on the grounds of the National Marine Corps Museum. The sweetest chapel and breathtaking museum were a perfect fit...clean and classic. Great fun designing these flowers!

06/16/2014

Tonya did an amazing job with the flowers for my wedding. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful bouquet. The flowers more than exceeded my expectations. From the first time I contacted Tonya, she was so extremely helpful and responsive. She worked with me, offering up different ideas and flower options, to stay within our budget. I explained to Tonya the theme we were going with for the wedding, and she really took her time to explain to me different flower options and showed me pictures, so I knew exactly what she was going to create. She was very flexible and accommodated my last minute drop off location. She also made things for very easy for us by providing us a pre-paid, self-addressed box to send back the rented vases to her. Tonya nailed it! We loved our flowers! We would use her again and recommend her to anyone who wants a great experience when working with a florist!

Services Used: Flowers

If you live in Northern Virginia and are looking for beautiful flowers that are not terribly expensive, please contact Tanya at Occasional Flowers. What I asked for was very simple and minimal, but she provided me with exactly what I wanted for a reasonable price. She also delivered everything to the hotel we were getting ready at prior to the ceremony. She was extremely professional and did everything that I asked. I couldn't have been more pleased with the way the flowers turned out that day.

A
Recently Married

Tonya was great! She was such a pleasure to work with and when I wanted to see samples before the wedding she went above and beyond, bringing a sample of my bouquet and both of my selected centerpieces. She really listened to me and we worked together to ensure that everything was exactly the way I wanted it. I couldn't have been more pleased with all of the flowers on my wedding day! Everything was absolutely stunning and exceeded my expectations! I highly recommend Tonya!

Occasional Flowers responded with the following comments:

What a sweet couple! I truly enjoying helping them achieve the look they wanted and I can honestly say that once I assembled the bridal bouquet, even I was stunned by how beautiful it turned out! Great couple + great floral choices = me loving my job!

4.7

I always received timely responses to questions via email, and the contract was always updated quickly.

She had some great ideas and allowed me to make changes even a month or so before for the date.

I would note that we couldn't find the toss bouquet on the wedding day, but we just used a bridesmaid bouquet instead. Overall great experience and I would recommend her.

Occasional Flowers responded with the following comments:

It is never good to hear that something got missed, even if it is something small like the toss bouquet. I always place the toss bouquet on the cake table at the reception, whenever possible. If I do not have florals for the reception, I send it along with the personal flowers to the ceremony location. Though I provide a complimentary toss bouquet to every bride, many are choosing not to perform this tradition anymore! Because of this I began providing small, complimentary cake florals instead. Now, some are not even having a cake!
Since I am not sure which wedding this was, I can't say for sure what happened here but I have to say;
I hope that brides don't feel like I am unreachable after the flowers have been delivered. If there is ever a problem, question, anything...give me a call, send me a text, let me know! I am happy to do my best to fix any issues that may arise!