Nouveau Bride

Flexibility:
 (2.9/5.0)

Sort By:

Private User 1 Reviews
DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING from this store. They are friendly, nice and helpful until the moment they have your money and then they are unresponsive, arrogant, and a nightmare to deal with. My daughters wedding gown after 6 filttings and one time actually being there for 4 hours while the seamstress kept trying to get it right, still was not good but we had to take it as the wedding was approaching. When I asked who the owner was I was told that it was confidential information. It was the most horrible experience I have ever had in dealing with a store. I only wish I had read and listened to what appears to be numerous terrible experiences others have had also. The only good thing that can come from my horrible experience is if I can prevent others from going through the same. Once again, DO NOT SHOP HERE.
Wedding: [Private]

DON'T GO HERE!

The service here is absolutely terrible. The staff is rude and acts like it is a bother to help you. The dresses take way too long to come in. They also say there is a cap on alteration fees, but then after you get the dress they keep adding on things that are "not included" in the cap. Like sewing on a belt you bought from them, or doing a bustle, or putting in cups. All extra. They are also incompetent with alterations. It took 6 times for her to get the hem right on my dress. 6 times! Robin, the manager, is particularly nasty and rude and has no business running a business. She is unprofessional. The wedding gown was the one part of wedding planning I was looking forward to and they completely ruined the experience. Do your self a favor - go somewhere else.

0 stars.
Wedding: [Private]
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I am less then a month before my wedding and was told to stop calling they will call me when me dress gets in. they have been rude on the phone and my dress is still not in I order the dress from them a year and a haft ago. I have sent emails and know response I had one of the ladies hang up on me I have no idea if I am going to even have a dress for my wedding!!!!
Wedding: 07/12/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
the only reason this place isn't a 5 out of 5 is that when I walked in for my appointment with my "entourage" (5 people) the woman at the front desk had given our party a look like she couldn't believe I had brought this many women with me to look for my dress. However my concerns quickly disappeared when I was introduced to my consultant Angela. She was absolutely amazing, listened to every word I said, brought out dresses that were exactly on point with what my "vision" is for my wedding. Whether she really did care or not, I swear it was like I was her best friend when I had my "moment" she was so happy for me and she really made the entire experience so fabulous. I was so thrilled with the secluded bridal area and personal touches provided by this location that I will be absolutely sure to bring all my girls back for their bridesmaid dresses. I truly felt like a princess, and what bride wouldn't want that!
Wedding: 03/28/2014

Anonymous 1 Reviews
I have only been for my fitting, but I will say HANDS DOWN that this salon has the BEST selection of gowns on Long Island. Their service is second to none and the shop is beautiful. My consultant was Angela and she had a wonderful personality, brought out amazing dresses, and really listened to my wants and needs for my perfect dress. I will be going back for my fittings and alterations, and I highly recommend any bride-to-be to make an appointment to try dresses here.
Wedding: Recently Married
3.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I purchased my dress about 6 months out which I didn't realize would be cutting it close but I had lost a lot of weight and wanted to get a dress closer to the size I was going to be. I had to pay a rush fee but the dress came in a month b4 I needed it. We ordered it bigger than I wanted but I was 3 different sizes depending on where you measured so they ordered the bigger size. Well when the dress came in it literally could fall off of me but the alterations were done and on my second fitting the dress looked great. Am having a little more taken in and go for my third fitting in a week. I purchased a second dress elsewhere and they are taking it in too. They are a little pricey but everything so far has been great.
Wedding: 11/08/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
After some stress, I had a fantastic time with the staff, Angela and Tiffany are life savers. Issues came up due to lack of time and were resolved in a timely manner. After going through a hundred stores with minimal service and attention, this was the one that portrayedthe most positive atmosphere. IM a happy customer. >>>>>Dina
Wedding: 06/28/2013

Private User 2 Reviews
I had a great experience at Nouveau Bride from start to finish and a big part of that was due to my consultant Angela. From the moment I met her she had a great personality and was very honest we clicked right away. I bought my wedding dress from her, my whole bridal party and my mothers dress too. I would recommend all other brides to go to Nouveau Bride and if available, work with Angela!! She made me feel like I was the most important girl in the store and like she really had my best interest at heart. She listened to what I wanted in a dress and what my family wanted in a dress and modified it to make e every one happy. I never thought I would have cried when I found " the one " but I was shocked in happiness as Angela handed me a tissue. This store really made my dreams come true and to all brides: I cannot stress it enough to make it a priority to make an appointment at Nouveau Bride!!!!!!!!!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I bought my dress here. Big mistake.!!! I had the worst experience when i was gettig fittings for my dress. My dress had to be taken in. When I came back for my 2nd fitting, instead of taking in the dress, the seamtress, Golden,took it out and i mean alot. If i let go of my dress, it would have fallen off of me.. From that point on, every fitting was a disaster. Nothing went right. My dress was not fitting correctly. it was pulling in the front of dress and the zipper looked like a roller coaster. I had to go for 8 fittings!! I was soooo very concerned that i would not have a dress that fit me properly for my wedding, i decided to go to David's Bridal to buy a back up dress. Sounds crazy, I know, but that is how stressed this place made me feel!! In addition to the fitting nightmare, the customer service was HORRIBLE!!! They were rude and disrepectful!! I fulfilled all my obligagions. I paid in full for the dress and the alterations and was still treated poorly. In addition, I truly feel the cost for the alterations was outrageous!!!The typical things needed to be done: take in the dress, shorten the dress and create a bussel. It cost $600. I was told that the dress would not be guranteed, if i went somewhere else. So, I decided to go with this, even though in my heart I knew i was being ripped off. The back up dress I bought at David Bridal cost $550. That included the alterations!!! I ended up wearing both dresses on my wedding day!! I had many a sleepless nights because of the dress I bought at Nouveau Bride. Everything else in my wedding planning went perfectly. Please LISTEN!!! Do not go here!! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!
Wedding: 03/30/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Overall a wonderful experience. Great boutique & highly recommend.
Wedding: 02/23/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
rude and unprofessional employees. at first staff was incredibly nice and you feel so comfortable buying a dress for $3200 but various details were not discussed prior to recieving money, after money is recieved, you are known to them as a headache, and they dont respond to you by phone or email, if they do respond, they put you on hold for 15 minutes. not the best way to run a business in todays economy.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I bought a dress a year in advance, and then I had second thoughts. I thought Robyn and the ladies would have killed me but they were so understanding. They told me it was my wedding and I needed to feel perfect and confident in my dress. Needless to say only 6 months before my wedding they cancelled my first dress and ordered me my second dress. I received everything in time and they never charged me extra ridiculous fees for my craziness.

I shopped around a lot and went to many bridal boutiques but no place was as welcoming and helpful as Nouvea! I was upset when my fittings were over because these woman became like friends to me!
Wedding: 11/23/2012
4.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
They had my exact dress I wanted for my wedding and lucky for me it happened to look great on too! Girls were so sweet but they are a little pricey. And it took them a little while to answer my emails and phone calls about when the dress would be coming in. But when it did come, WOW is all I have to say! :)
Wedding: 11/03/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had the best experience at this boutique- I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a more personal experience when purchasing a bridal gown! The sales consultant listened to my needs, found a dress under my budget, and was extremely patient with me and my entire family. I had gone to a few different stores before going to Nouveau Bride, and no other consultants was as friendly, patient, or knowledgeable. You can really tell when someone has a passion for what they do and that shined through with my entire interaction with her. As an added bonus, I was not pressured to buy now. They genuinely want you to be happy and comfortable with your decision.
Wedding: 10/20/2012
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5
Horrible is not even the word that describes this salon ! After I chose my dress my experience was a complete nightmare! The staff including the owner is incompetent and that's putting it nicely! After all that they had done they had the nerve to try and charge me 600 for alterations when I didn't even have a train on my dress!!! I know this business and alteration are a max of 450! This place is a ripoff and should get shut down for improper customer service !
Wedding: 09/08/2012
1.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5
Don't walk RUN away from this store worst experience ever ! If I told you my whole experience it will fill up the whole page just know they are rude and I would not suggest any one go there for any dress especially a bridal gown!
Wedding: 09/08/2012
 516-868-1500
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire