Heyy DJ Rey

Flexibility:
 (4.4/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
DJ Bobby did a terrific job and helped us have a smooth flowing and extremely enjoyable evening. I could tell just from speaking with him on the phone how passionate he was about what he does. He was helpful and genuine from the very start. We didn't have a wedding planner, and he really worked with us and communicated with our caterers and photographers about how the evening would progress. This took a lot of stress off of my shoulders. Also, he worked with us to help us select songs when we didn't have ideas for certain things, and he made sure that we were able to coordinate the playing of a special slide show during dinner. Bobby did a great job of selecting a wide variety of music for getting everyone up and enjoying themselves. It was a wonderful night to remember! We couldn't be happier and we highly recommend Hey DJ!
Wedding: 10/16/2011
1.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
I was extremely pleased with all my vendors except the DJ. Everybody makes mistakes, but my wedding reception was full of his mistakes due to his lack of professionalism and preparedness for our wedding. I highly doubt he played at over 1,200 locations/over 10 years like his website boasts. Not only did he play the techno version of the first dance song (which was embarrassing), but he also played the wrong song for the mother and son dance (which my husband's mother was deceased and this was very disappointing). He had the list of these songs several weeks prior to the reception and we even met one month out-which he didn't take seriously. Due to his multiple mistakes during the reception, he told my husband he would refund us. Not only did we not see a refund (lack of integrity) but he did not respond to my e-mail when I commented about his services. Throughout the entire process, he was non-responsive and I should have went with my gut feeling and gave up the deposit and go with another DJ. He was also rude to my wedding planner and other guests. I would not recommend this DJ for any event, yet alone a wedding. Don't make the same mistake I did. If you look up his other reviews, they comment on his rudeness as well. FYI-His business is currently out of VA Beach and not Hampton Roads.
Wedding: 10/08/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Hey DJ Bobby is the consumate professional, taking great pride in his work. He was very helpful from start to finish. Everyone at the reception had a blast; music mix was great. Highly recommend.
Wedding: 09/17/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I hired DJ BOBBY for my July 16, 2011 wedding and he was great. His prices were very reasonable. He was an excellent mc. He kept everything on schedule. Most importantly he kept the crowd moving. He listened to my request for the type of music I wanted played and he took request from the guest. We had a large number of children at the reception that he managed to keep entertained the entire night. He is truly great at what he does.
Wedding: 07/07/2011
MOST AMAZING DJ EVER!
I live in Pittsburgh, PA and I had a destination wedding at Virginia Beach, VA. I called Hey DJ after doing a little research online. From the very beginning he was amazing. He answered all of my questions and kept in contact with me whenever I needed him. He went above and beyond and that is exactly what every bride needs. The day of he did an amazing job playing the songs we requested, picking songs of his own and keeping all of our guests entertained. Almost every guest commented during and after the wedding that Bobby was one of the best DJs they had ever expereineced at a wedding. Everyone danced all night, to every song which made the wedding a huge success. If there was one thing I did right with the selection of my vendors, it was choosing Hey DJ as my wedding entertainment. I would recommend Bobby from Hey DJ to every and any bride that was looking for a DJ for their wedding day. He is hands down one of the best out there!
Wedding: 05/14/2011
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Hey DJ was very flexible and willing to work with me on a tight schedule. He was very helpful in planning the timeline of the wedding. He was very knowledgeable, but I feel like he didn't play a lot of the songs that my husband and I had picked out. He also stopped playing songs that my father had requested to play songs that other people requested, even though my father was paying the bill. I thought that was a little rude.
Wedding: 03/27/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bobby was fantastic, and was able to think on his feet when a couple of things popped up. A great DJ, and what a value! I'll book him again in a heartbeat!
Wedding: 05/16/2009
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
 619-548-0013
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire