18762 Ambrose Ln, Malibu, CA 92648 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 51

About Pete Goslow

Pete Goslow is an experienced DJ, musician, and MC located in Malibu, California. This entertainer brings passion and a positive energy to every wedding that he attends. From soft acoustics at the ceremony to upbeat music at reception, Pete strives to provide his clients with an enjoyable and memorable event.

Experience

Having entertained over 1000 weddings and with over 25 years of experience, Pete Goslow expresses his love of performing through his music. Pete earned a degree in performance and classical guitar from Chapman University’s Conservatory of Music. As a qualified vocalist, guitarist, and DJ he uses his talent to enhance guests’ experience.

As part of his services offered, Pete supplies a sound system for each stage of the wedding. This makes the transition from the ceremony to the reception as smooth as possible. Experienced in wedding planning, Pete enjoys collaborating with couples to design a custom music timeline for their big day. From helping you choose your playlist to handling event details, he guides you in every critical step towards planning a successful wedding. Through an online planning program, couples can customize their music and create their own playlist. Pete also provides microphones and monitors live sound for speeches and ceremonies.

• Bouquet Sound

186 Reviews for Pete Goslow

• Aria

Aria Flatau · Getting married on 03/10/2021

Pete is a must!

Our wedding was this last weekend, and I'm so thankful to say that we chose some amazing vendors. One of these was Pete. I'm sad that I just didn't get the time to meet him in person much, but we had talked to him for several hours prior to the wedding.

He is organized and keeps you on schedule (very respectfully) from the beginning of your contract with him. There were so many details that he asked about, that I wouldn't have thought about until the wedding day. These go way beyond "just music", including detailed timelines and special events throughout the night. Having all of these details planned and decided early on is a lot of what I found to be the reason for an almost completely stress-free wedding that I just got to thoroughly enjoy by the time the day came.

He helped with advice on suggested music, kept our tastes in mind while ensuring that all of our guests enjoyed their night. He pays such close attention, that songs were changed nearly immediately upon a song leading to less dancing (per one of my ladies- I didn't even notice). We were able to make lists of desired music, which I heard many of and fit perfectly into the rest. No song was unavailable, he made what we wanted happen.

In addition to the incredibly helpful organization, easy to work with personality and program, and amazing song lists/banks, my highlight with Pete was his wonderful talent for both the DJ skill and musician aspect. For most of our special songs, we had Pete perform for us. He performed for our ceremony and mother/son and father daughter dances. His talent was incredible and added such a special element to our wedding.

We would recommend him to anyone that is looking for a DJ/musician. I would never have realized what a crucial role this is to the flow of the event, and appreciated the support throughout the planning process. I knew I wanted live performance as well if possible, and Pete was beyond our expectations. If the idea of having his planning portion as well seems unnecessary (our venue provided a coordinator), I want to encourage you that he works so seamlessly that it is only an incredible benefit. When we had our planning sessions with any other vendors or the venue, we knew almost exactly what we were doing. He was great to work with all around!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Pete Goslow's reply:

Thank you Aria - what a beautiful review! You and Chip are amazing and I had a BLAST working with you and being a part of your big day. Of course your location Twin Oaks House & Garden in San Marcos did a fabulous job - I love this location. Your photos are going to be amazing. Your photographer Shane Hopkins and videographer w/ Lloyd Films were awesome to work with. Congratulations once again!
  • Ashley

Ashley King · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Pete is the best!!

This review is long overdue, but my husband and I could not have been more impressed with Pete for our May 2019 wedding. He was such a joy to work with and made the whole experience easy and stress-free. Pete is super organized and will give you his input based on his experience, but will respect whatever decision you choose. His website made the planning leading up to the wedding convenient, and he made sure to check in with us periodically to make sure everything was on track. He reached out directly to our vendor to coordinate timelines and really took the pressure off of me to make sure the day would flow. For the wedding day, he and Jeremy were there early and set up on time to play while our guests were arriving. We chose to have him sing and play guitar before and after our ceremony, and he sounded great. Several of our guests commented on how impressed they were with him. Further, he worked with our venue coordinator and photographers to make sure our wedding went smoothly, and improvised when certain events took longer than expected. I valued his opinion so much that I even called him to get his take on decorations one day and he talked through it with me. His whole approach was to make sure we had the night of our lives, and I could not have been happier. He made sure he played the songs we specifically requested, and improvised his playlist for certain songs the guests requested during the reception. He even played one of my favorite songs that I hadn't requested, which was very special to me. It's super important to choose a musician/DJ that is experienced and will keep you calm for your big day; Pete is that guy!! One last thing that stood out to me... when we asked him which meal he preferred, he let me know that Jeremy would be there to help him, and that he would prefer Jeremy received the meal if there was only one for them. Of course we made sure they both received meals, but I was so impressed with how considerate and selfless he was. Honestly, I'd hire him again and again based on our experience.

Sent on 12/09/2019

Pete Goslow's reply:

Thank you Ashley - very thoughtful and caring review. I loved working with you and Nick. Danza del Sol Winery in Temecula is perhaps my favorite location out there – such a special, intimate setting and of course your location coordinator Denise Sutterfield is the bomb! Congratulations to you both - you are a wonderful couple!
  • Sheila

Sheila Baxter · Getting married on 12/08/2020

Looking for a savant to bedazzle your special day- Pete's your guy!

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Pete for our wedding on 8/24/2019. He went above and beyond to make our special day memorable and extremely seamless! Not only did he make the long trek to Berkeley from LA, he accompanied our harpist for our wedding ceremony (took time to work with her in advance), played a hand full of requested songs on his classical guitar at our cocktail hour and reception along with learned "My Girl" for my father-daughter dance. He worked with us in advance to create the perfect playlist, helped us plan our entrance (learning how to pronounce everyone's name) and could read the crowd and got everyone rocking out on the dance floor at our reception. As follow up, he even sent us a recording of the music played at the cocktail hour for us to review since we missed out being there.

Pete, thank you for being such an awesome guy, super fun to work with and so on top of it all! You definitely come highly recommended from us!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Pete Goslow's reply:

Thank you Sheila! What a wonderful review and I loved working with you and Ian. Your ceremony in the UC Botanical Garden amongst the Redwoods was the highlight of my summer - so beautiful. Your reception at Claremont/Fairmont Hotel in Berkeley was extremely remarkable. It was really special being a part of your big day and I can’t thank you enough for choosing me! Congratulations once again!!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Pete Goslow FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 1425.00
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Travel Expenses
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1725.00
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Travel Expenses
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Christian
    R&B/Soul
    Rock
    Top 40
    South Asian
  • What services do you offer?
    Do-Not-Play List
    One Event Per Day
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Disco Ball
    Flat Screen
    Photobooth
    Projector
    Uplighting

• LOTUS | Luxury Wedding Films
    LOTUS | Luxury Wedding Films Wedding Videographers

What a great company to work with. We highly recommend.

• Rila Stone
    Rila Stone Wedding Photographers

What a great company to work with. We highly recommend them for your wedding!

• Kimberlee Miller Photography Wedding Photographers

Best guitarist in our area. Very nice guy!

• 18762 Ambrose Ln Malibu, CA, 92648 See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (Pete Goslow)