155 Reviews for DJ & MUSICIAN Pete Goslow

MC (9)
One Event Per Day (7)
Liability Insurance (4)
154 DJ & MUSICIAN Pete Goslow Reviews

Pete deserves WAY more than 5 stars. Our wedding was this past weekend (9/14) and Pete was the best DJ/Musician/Wedding Expert we have ever encountered. If you're deciding between a couple of DJs, GO WITH PETE! He was SO organized and has his own website to help create your timeline for the big day, select music and document the details so he has all the information he needs. Pete offered his opinion on a few key things which my fiancé and I so appreciated. Working with Pete made us feel like we were really prepared for the wedding day since we didn't have a hired wedding coordinator. He'll stay in touch with you leading up to the big day and just hit everything out of the ballpark the day of. Pete's services are slightly higher priced than what we saw as the average price for a DJ BUT with the musician side of things, and just his general demeanor throughout the wedding night, hiring Pete was worth every single penny. Thank you Pete for everything!!

Profile Picture Dani, 9/14/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Pete provided excellent services! I loved that he's also a musician. We had live performance by him during cocktail hour. My guests really enjoyed it. We wanted a really short version of Perfect by Ed Sheeran for our first dance. He edited the song so that it only had the beginning verse and end part of song. It was perfect. It didn't sound edited at all. He has forms online for selecting songs that helped a lot. He's very professional, thorough and experienced. He helped us with our wedding day timeline and gave suggestions which I loved because I didn't have a wedding planner and had no idea what I was doing. He was amazing throughout the planning process up to our wedding day. He's very friendly and responds quickly whenever I had questions or concerns. I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Adielle, 5/11/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

PETE GOSLOW…amazing amazing amazing!!! When we first spoke to Pete, we were so ecstatic and every time after. The entire process was simple and smooth from the initial conversation we had to signing the contract to our Wedding Day at Twin Oaks Garden Estates, San Marcos. Finding an DJ/Emcee was extremely important to us because we wanted to ensure that our guest would have an amazing time and Pete did just that and much more. He is afar from perfect!! Pete is outstanding at what he does, professional, and extremely helpful. He goes beyond and above to make sure our Special Day was as perfect as possible. Most importantly, he genuinely cares. He helped from the beginning to end, with song choices down to our timeline. In addition, his vocals, SUPERB, Pete performed our First Dance song that we will forever cherish. Our Wedding Day was so much more special because of Pete. We highly recommend Pete!! THANK YOU so very much Pete!!

Profile Picture LINDA, 3/15/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

Pete was extremely professional and played all the perfect tunes for our wedding. He's really experienced and knows exactly what he is doing, coordinately independently. He's the type of guy that does his homework before and is well prepared for any situation.
His live music is also phenomenal! His classical guitar music and his singing was amazing. All of our guests were thoroughly entertained. They also thought we spent much more than what we actually did. Pete is an amazing value. I don't know how all these other DJ's are charging the same thing with less than half the skills. I'm so glad we chose Pete for our wedding day.
Thanks Pete!

Profile Picture Shing, 2/18/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

If we could give him 10 stars we would. I can not overemphasize how amazing Pete was for our wedding. He was the hardest working person at the event and took so much stress off of us. He planned and communicated with us very well and is such a personable guy. He played his classical guitar and sang beautifully for our ceremony, entertained the crowd with his performances during cocktail hour and then was right on point as the DJ for our reception. If you are lucky enough to book Pete for your wedding you will not be disappointed one bit. I still have people talking about how great our DJ/musician was!

Profile Picture ruth, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We would give Pete 6 stars in every category if we could. We found Pete through wedding wire, his high rankings are well earned and he exceeded our extremely high expectations. We selected Pete about 4-5 months before our event. He quickly responded and met with us so discuss our desires, ideas, and overall goals for our wedding. He gave great advice and suggestions but never came across as pushy. He was a great communicator, continuously checking in and responding to our (many) questions and clarifications. Pete made the wedding planning easy and stress free. We never doubted for a second that he would delivery an extremely high quality service. On the wedding day, Pete didn't disappoint. The day went perfectly smooth, we didn't have to do a thing and every bit of the event was executed perfectly. We highly recommend Pete, phenomenal service at a great price.

Profile Picture Benjamin, 1/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Pete was absolutely amazing! From our first phone call with him, we knew that he was the perfect man for our dj/musician at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. Pete was able to take some of our unusual/lesser known choices for our ceremony and learn them on guitar and play beautifully. Our guests were all impressed with his skill on the guitar and his singing. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night long and was able to gauge the excitement on the floor for continuing to play.
He kept me comfortable the whole time in the planning process as well, and was always very quick and responsive, even with our wedding occurring right after the holiday season.
My husband and I would highly recommend Pete. You cannot get better!

Profile Picture Sarah, 1/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We recently got married at Twin Oaks House and Garden Estate in San Marcos, CA. We decided to hire Pete as our ceremony musician and DJ/emcee. Pete was so much more than a musician, entertainer, DJ as he helped us to plan our ceremony and worked with us to develop timelines for the ceremony and the reception. We knew that we wanted to have live music play during the ceremony but also wanted to have a great time dancing the night away! Pete was the best of both worlds. From our first phone consultation with Pete, we knew that he would be perfect for our big day. He was personable and professional and made the planning process easy and smooth. On the day of the wedding, we had no worries because Pete had already reviewed to smallest details with us before the wedding. His music before the ceremony and during the ceremony was beautiful! We loved how Pete's music made the day feel romantic and elegant. During the reception, everyone had a great time! We even got my father-in-law on the dance floor! I highly recommend Pete for any of your events.

Profile Picture Brittni, 12/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

Pete was the perfect musician for our wedding at Klentner Ranch in Carpentaria, CA, but he did so much more to make our day perfect. We had a relatively short engagement and Pete was the calming force we needed! Pete is an amazing guitarist (classically trained!) and played beautiful guitar during our ceremony and entertained our guests during cocktail hour. During dinner he played a mix of songs we picked and our guests loved it! Then the party started and it was awesome. The dance floor stayed packed all night. He was able to accommodate a very late change to the father daughter song without even blinking. In fact the planning process was so smooth and he was so easy to work with. He scouted the venue before our date and worked with our wedding coordinator to make sure our day went off without a hitch. Pete was an excellent emcee and played all the songs we wanted to hear. It was a great day/night and it would not have been the same without Pete! Having the same person play live guitar for the ceremony and cocktail followed by some great DJing was truly unique.

Profile Picture Paul, 11/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

We recently got married at the Coronado Marriott Resort in San Diego and decided to hire Pete as our ceremony musician and DJ/emcee. Working with him was one of the most exceptional experiences throughout the whole wedding process. Choosing a good musician/DJ/emcee was one of the most important things for us because we knew that a good musician and entertainer would help set the tone for the day, keep the energy flowing, and keep our guests engaged. Instead of looking for a separate ceremony musician, cocktail hour musician, and DJ/emcee, we were lucky enough to find very positive wedding website reviews on Pete, who happened to fill all those shoes. We checked out his website and immediately fell in love with his classical guitar music samples.

We knew right after our initial phone meeting that we wanted Pete to be part of our wedding day. We could tell that he was polite, professional, informative, and most importantly passionate about his work. The planning process was extremely smooth. We spoke a few more times on the phone, but we were able to do a lot of planning through email exchanges. He helped us develop a music timeline and worked with our coordinator to make sure the timeline ran smoothly. He provided a website for us to make our music requests. We requested live performance of "Leather and Lace" for our first dance, and he learned it. We made our own wedding slideshow, and he even went beyond our expectations by helping us with some last minute AV issues. He was very organized and prepared, which gave us a lot of peace of mind heading into the wedding day.

On the wedding day, his live music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and special dances sounded even better than advertised on his samples website! We actually had a few guests approach us throughout the day to comment on how amazing the live performances sounded. During the reception, he kept the crowd very energized and kept the party going on the dance floor all night. Highly recommended!!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

Pete is awesome! My husband and I were married in San Marcos, CA at Twin Oaks Garden Estate back in October 2017, but my delayed review is in no way a reflection of how much we loved working with Pete. 2017 was the year of weddings for us (we attended 7 all over the country not including our own) so we were very much aware of how a DJ can make or break the party. Pete was so much more than just a DJ, he worked with our crazy schedule leading up to the wedding and was so accommodating to last minute changes. He kept the night flowing smoothly and made sure Jake and I were having a great time. Almost six months later, friends and family are still raving about how much fun they had on the dance floor - and honestly I cannot take any credit. Jake and I were not very much help to Pete in regards to music selection. I think we may have filled out two "Do Not Play Songs" and one or two "Must Plays." From there Pete took the reins and perfectly captured our personalities on the dance floor and during the ceremony. We tapped into all of Pete's talents and had him play guitar and sing during the ceremony and cocktail hour; and then, DJ during the reception. I cannot stress enough how easy and nice it was working with Pete. I didn't have to worry about a single thing on our wedding day (ie: sound set up, moving equipment, the sound itself, timeline,) Pete made it all happen.

Profile Picture Bianca, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

My husband and I got married at a venue that provided a list of DJ's we had to choose from. After going to the first few websites I was beginning to think we made a mistake, because music was hugely important to us. BUT then we came across Pete's and I knew instantly after watching one of his video, this was the guy we needed. We set up a meeting and from day one we were not disappointed. The whole process with Pete is easy (every brides dream with the crazy planning process). He has a website for all your planning/music needs and was always quick to respond to any questions. Pete is not only an amazing DJ/MC but he is also an amazing singer/guitar player. We had Pete play acoustic for our ceremony, including a Sara Bareilles song for me to walk down the aisle and he nailed it. He then proceeded to play for our cocktail hour before transitioning into the DJ/MC role for our ceremony. We are so happy we chose to have Pete at our special day because he went above and beyond to make sure it was perfect. He is the best at what he does.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 9/29/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Pete is a wonderful and very talented musician and DJ. He worked hard so my husband and I didn't have to worry about picking every song or making sure the party kept going. He was very professional and had excellent taste in music selections as we had many different age ranges and almost everyone danced on the dance floor before the evening was done. He also helped with transitioning from one part of the reception to the other seamlessly. Pete really made the wedding special! He helped create our timeline which really took a load off of our shoulders. We felt so grateful that we hired him and highly recommend his services to anyone. Even though I emailed back and forth asking him question after question, he was quick to respond and always polite/easy going. He is fantastic and we may use him in a few years when we renew our vows. Can't go wrong with Pete!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

Peter was an A+ vendor in our eyes. He worked with us for weeks to plan all of the musical events for our wedding. We were so intrigued with Peter at first, because of his ability to play classical music at our ceremony, and then turn around and DJ our wedding. We thought that was very unique, and it was for sure. He was also very unique in how closely he worked with us on planning out the details. He cared so much, and took time to chat with us on the phone multiple times to make sure everything was perfect and what I had in mind. Our wedding was also different because the reception was a 2 floor venue. I was so worried about the transition, but Peter handled it like a pro. It was sooo seamless. He also killed the classical music at the ceremony and cocktail hour. His classical skills are beyond words, and he made our day seem like a dream. If anyone is in need of musical needs I recommend Peter above anyone!

Profile Picture Kacie, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Pete was absolutely amazing!!! My husband was out of the country I'm business for the majority of mid to late stages of planning and Pete was able to work with us to help get our vision to come to life! Everyone loved his guitar playing as well as his ability to DJ after.

Profile Picture Meghan, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Let me begin by saying that Pete was such a pleasure to work with and hiring him was one of the best decisions we made. My husband and I had our reception at a friend's home overlooking Newport Coast, so our goal was to have a more intimate affair. Initially, we thought about hiring a band, but realized that we didn't have enough room for one. Pete was the perfect solution-- he was able to play & sing acoustically for our cocktail hour to create that intimate feeling, but then smoothly transitioned to lighting up the dance floor with hit after hit. He did a great job of blending the songs we chose beforehand, following the guests' lead, and taking into account they style of music and my husband and I like (early 2000s boy bands & country for me, 90s hip hop for my husband). My guests are still raving about how much fun they had on the dance floor and how fantastic the music selection was. Prior to the wedding, Pete did a great job of helping us pick our music and was so easy to work with. He did an hour long Facetime session with us and even came to scope out our venue 1 week prior to our wedding. Pete played a huge role in the success of our wedding day. Our guests had such a blast and we're thankful to Pete for being a big part of that. HIRE HIM, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Pete was incredible. The music was absolutely perfect and made our wedding incredible. He could play guitar for ceremony and DJ the reception at the Queen Mary. Having a DJ that was experienced at this venue was extremely important and he did an incredible job at keeping the dance floor moving and the guests happy. We could not have asked for a more amazing DJ AND musician for our special day!!

Profile Picture elizabeth, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Pete was by far one of the best vendor choices for our wedding. I can say without any hesitation that were it not for Pete, our wedding would have been a disaster. First, Pete composed an amazing timeline that we were able to rely on for the event in general. It was so thorough, I sent out that timeline to everyone--photographers, venue, bridal party. Second, he coordinated really well with the venue and other vendors. He did a walk-through of our venue a couple of weeks before the wedding, and was so kind to the venue staff, we received an email from them complimenting him. When there were hitches in timing (we were very behind due to relatives that got lost), Pete helped make adjustments that kept the event alive. With his years of experience and expertise, Pete knew exactly how to best keep the party alive. He got so many people on the dance floor! I don't think I've been to a wedding that had that many people dancing! Third, Pete ensured that we approved each specific track (multiple times). After we selected a track, he would put the song in a file so that we could double-check that he had the correct version. This process of drafting and approving was done multiple times, until we reached a finalized setlist. This level of detail and professionalism was impressive at first, but then proved to be even more impressive later when at the wedding, someone tried to get Pete to change the song mid-play, saying that he was playing the wrong song. Other DJs may have folded under that kind of pressure, but not Pete. He politely told our guest that the music was correct and kept cool and focused. Fourth, Pete is the best bang for your buck. Between his expertise, his experience, his flexibility, his DJ AND guitar playing skills, he is probably one of the best choices we made for our wedding. There are many things that I wish I could have changed about our day, but Pete is not one of them. I would choose Pete for our wedding a million times over. Thank you, Pete!!!

Profile Picture Arielle, 6/18/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Pete was probably the most organized aspect of our whole wedding. Not only during the actual event, but several weeks and months beforehand as well. Before we hired him, he gave us an awesome audition through Skype in which he sang and played guitar and chatted about how he does weddings. Once we hired him, he was always available for any questions we had and made sure he kept in touch with us about things he needed in order for us to have the best wedding. To be honest, before him, we didn't realize how important good music and a good DJ are to a wedding, but once we really started getting into the meat and potatoes of it, he showed us how involved he would be, and how invested he was into giving us the greatest wedding ever. Once we did the timeline with him, he organized it into a very helpful sheet that we sent out to the rest of our vendors to use. Without that, things would have been a lot more organized. He understood all the requests we had and made good on them. On the actual wedding day, he was there early and set up everything perfectly, and he made our wedding a wonderful, wonderful event. He kept everything on track as possible while constantly gauging the mood of the crowd during the reception and always keeping them interested. We were so very lucky to find Pete to do our wedding. I wouldn't have wanted any one else doing what he did on that day, and it showed as everything went so smoothly. Pete is the MAN!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Pete!

Profile Picture Matt, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

Pete was performed as a DJ for my wedding in June, but he is far more than just a DJ. Using his experience he was helpful communicating over a couple phone calls how to he would facilitate the flow of the wedding and worked out our timeline with us. Pete also uses an online application to select the songs we would like to be played and the very important songs we didn't want played. Over our phone calls he also learned about us to get a feel about our taste in music to ensure the dance floor always had people on it. He has a very relaxed demeanor to him which on a slightly stressful day makes him great to work with. Finally, Pete was very professional and punctual which was very important to us on our important day. I would highly recommend him to anyone getting married in the area.

Profile Picture Steven, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Pete was AMAZING!! There really is no where to start. I didn't have much experience when looking for a DJ for our wedding. Pete was everything we wanted/needed and MORE! Not only was he 100% responsive he was so helpful!! He took so much time out of his own schedule to talk with me over the phone about song selection and timeline. He really helped with getting into the planning, really trying to get to know Billy and I and what kind of vibe we were looking for. Our wedding was at the Harvest Inn which has four site locations, one for ceremony, one for cocktail hour, and although dinner and dancing are close to eachother one is inside and one was out so the set up was different. He spent time going over the lay out with me and went into specifics for what would be necessary for the venue, he has so much knowledge and experience and was so easy AND FUN to work with!! He isn't only a DJ but also MC and he plays beautiful guitar!! He played live music for the pre ceremony seating and the cocktail hour! Dinner music was perfect and when it came time do dance he kept the energy level up all night! Pete really went above and beyond to make us happy, he was so great! Would love to use him for another event, Pete has it all!!

Profile Picture Valentina, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Pete was AMAZING!!! He did everything he promised and more! Our wedding was at the Desert Willow Golf Resort in Palm Desert and it turned out beautiful! You always hear the horror stories on the music at a wedding being awful and how important it is to have a great DJ to set the "tone" for your wedding. Pete did not disappoint! He was very professional and made it easy to choose the songs on the "play" and " Do not play" list. He also had an extensive list of songs which was great!!! We had recently moved to Ohio from California and so we could not meet him in person to talk about the planning of the wedding and songs etc. As the bride i was freaking out planning everything from a distance but he could have not been nicer and made it so easy to plan everything, over the phone and via email, while we were in Ohio! He did a sound check before the wedding with 1 of my bridesmaids who married us which was helpful for her as well. After my wedding i found out that a few of my friends tried to request some songs that were on my "do not play" list and he held his ground and did not play them which is AWESOME!!!! LOL!! We also asked Pete to introduce each of our wedding parties into the reception with inside jokes and bios on each of them and he had no problem doing that and did a great job! He worked very well with all of our other vendors and planned a flawless timeline with me and them! I heard nothing but great reviews from our guests after our wedding!! Everything went on without a hitch! I would definitely recommend him!!!

Profile Picture Katie, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Pete was great to work with. He played all the songs we requested and really got to know us as a couple to understand the style of music we wanted through out the day and night. I would highly recommend using Pete for your wedding.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 2/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our wedding was in Loomis, CA at the Flower Farm Inn. Pete was more than we expected from a DJ/Musician. First of all, of course, is the fact that he was both! It seemed too good to be true, but he really does deliver to the full. Pete is friendly, easy to work with and extremely knowledgeable. His online tools and flexible meetings/e-meeting arrangements make him extremely easy to work with. I had a very difficult planning schedule, as I was required to be away on an extended business trip, but Pete provided both reassurance (I think the best people in the wedding business all become a bit of a therapist at times) and practical assistance to make sure we were prepared for the day of the wedding, not scrambling and worrying. The arrangements Pete provided for our ceremony were truly beautiful, and also exactly what I had wanted and dreamed of. The cocktail hour music was something we did not layout for him, and so something that could have been a cause for anxiety, but I chose to trust him to know what would work. And in fact, while we were off taking a few more pictures, I was jealous of our guests, who got to enjoy his wonderful playing and singing. The DJ-ing was similarly beyond our expectations. He provided great emcee services, and really helped us work out the schedule for the whole reception, which really relies on music and the DJ/Emcee himself to keep things moving smoothly. Music really can make or break a wedding, and is one of the most important and memorable parts of the day. Good dancing has always been one of my favorite parts of weddings I attended as a guest, and happily, thanks to Pete my own wedding was not an exception. He is a wonderful DJ and musician and wedding professional. He can read the room, and adapt as the party develops. Wedding planning is not necessarily something I would want to undertake again. But one thing I would not hesitate to do is to work with Pete again. He is simply marvelous. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Profile Picture Rachel, 11/12/16, 1 Review