Reviews (33)
Flexibility:
 (4.3/5.0)

Sort By:

Private User 5 Reviews
Our cake was GORGEOUS. It was exactly what we wanted and looked perfect to the sample we showed.

This is a family owned business and you can tell. They all work with you to make sure your cake is perfect and suites your taste and vision. They were very patient with us and their suggestions were great!
Wedding: Recently Married
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Our venue used this bakery to provide the cake. The cake looks awesome from the picture that I picked out from the venue. The cake tasted great and every layer of the cake was different.
Wedding: 07/13/2013
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5
BEWARE!!!!!! Do not go here!! The owner/manager Theresa is so incredibly rude and put off to even talk to you.
We came in on an extremely rainy Saturday afternoon to just browse and look around. Mind you, the bakery was completely empty. Our banquet hall has this bakery as one to choose from for our wedding cake; however, I wanted to upgrade to fondant frosting so that was extra. I had a picture of the cake I wanted, so I simply wanted a price for this picture. I did not want to try the cake; I just wanted a price along with a brochure. Well, the woman there, Theresa, did not want to accommodate us whatsoever. She insisted I needed an appointment to get any information. This was odd to me since the bakery was completely empty and I explained that we had just traveled an hour away in the pouring rain to come here. She did not care.
This woman's demeanor and actions were very condescending and disrespectful. She just stared at me like I was an idiot and did not want to answer any of my questions. (Which were quite basic questions). I ended up walking out of the bakery because she was that disrespectful. I refused to give someone this ignorant my business.
After reading all the reviews, it seems like many people have had issues with customer service at this bakery. Customer service should be a number one priority; however, this place does not seem to think so.
Wedding: 07/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Got this bakery through our reception hall. Cake was beautiful and tasted great!
Wedding: 10/19/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This vendor works with our venue to provide wedding cakes. I gave them a photo of how I wanted my cake to look and on my wedding day there it was. I was thrilled. The grooms cake was really nice also, and both tasted very good.
Wedding: 10/13/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My venue used this bakery to make our wedding cake. The cake tasted good and looked fabulous! They also make the desserts for our sweets table! I would recommend them.
Wedding: 05/27/2012
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
This vendor was one of two options we had that came with our reception vendor. The cake testing was not as fun as I thought it would be, the options seemed to be minimal. I took a picture of what I wanted our cake to look like and they did a great job of replicating the cake without using fondant. On top of that it was delicious. We are very happy with look and taste!
Wedding: 05/19/2012
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I was pleasantly how well our cake turned out and it looked beautiful! It was simple and elegant and looked EXACTLY like the picture we had brought in for our meeting. While I only got a bite, I thought it was fantastic and super delicious. We had marble cake with chocolate mousse filling and raspberry spread. It was just the perfect amount of sweetness and not overboard. My only constructive criticism would be to have Domino's come into the new century with email or more information and pictures added to their website. While I did receive calls back, it would have worked out better for me if I was able to email and have things more in writing. Other than that, their product was great!
Wedding: 03/17/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Dominos provided our cake and our sweet table. Our reception hall provided this as part of our package. We could have picked the look of our cake and type of cake at the hall but I chose to go down to Dominos. They only do tastings on Saturdays, and by appointment. Which was fine but it is good to know that. They were helpful in letting us do each layer a different flavor. The were also really good with letting me say I wanted this idea from this picture and this idea from a different picture. Cake and sweet table was really tasty.
Wedding: 01/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My Matron of Honor used Domino's for her wedding & I pretty much knew at that point that I wanted to use them as well.

I had zero issue with responsiveness either on the phone or by email. If I had a question or request, it was handled almost immediately.

Our tasting was amazing...they had a number of samples to choose from and each one of them was wonderful. They were so affordable and the cake was both beautiful and delicious! Guests were eating gobs of cake at the end of the night, they couldn't even wait to get it home! One guest told me he "wasn't a cake guy" but was already on his 3rd piece and loving it! So glad we went with Domino's!
Wedding: 09/03/2011
4.3/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I loved my cake the look and the great taste!!!
Wedding: 08/20/2011
0.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5

Elizabeth 12 Reviews
This is for Domino's Pastries located at 1745 N Harlem Ave, Chicago, IL.

I found Domino's Pastries via Yelp and realized that I drive by it everyday to and from work. Reading the pretty positive reviews, I decided to go and check it out since my fiance and I have been searching for a bakery to make our wedding cake.

Once we scheduled the cake tasting appointment, I thought I'd drop by to buy and sample some of their regular pastries. My fiance and I tried an eclair, tiramisu cake, and a cannoli. The lady who took care of us was very nice. Anyway, the pastries were okay--nothing to die for, but we decided to stick with our appointment anyway since wedding cakes are different than regular pastries.

When we went, we were taken care of by an elderly lady who is, I presume, one of the ladies in the wedding cake department of the business. (I think this because when I called a couple times for wedding cake inquiries, I was always transferred to her.) She was nice; she gave us a few binders to look at, gave us some samples to taste, and took down some information in the case we decided to go with them. The cake dough was okay; most of them were very light and tasted very standard; my fiance and I liked the chocolate frosting the best, but again, the other frosting flavors were very standard and nothing out of the ordinary. The lady quoted us a price--which was very affordable!--and told us to give her a call and that she'd take care of us. (We were relieved because we read Matt B.'s negative review about the rude customer service he received. Another customer who was there for a cake tasting appointment was being taken care of by a man, and she was treated very rudely!)

My fiance and I decided to go with Domino's, so I gave them a call on the Wednesday before Easter. (They're not open on Monday, and though they're there on Tuesday, I was told that they're not open for business that day.) The lady who answered the phone put me on hold so that I could speak with the wedding cake lady, but she came back on and said, "She asked if you could call back next week because it's the week of Easter, and she is very busy." Okay, sure, understandable.

When I called exactly a week after, the same thing happened. The lady was busy and would need for me to call back later. I guess the lady on the phone sensed my hesitation when she asked if I could call back again; I told her that I was told the same thing last week and that I would like to place an order since all the details had already been worked out. The baker woman finally got on the phone and sounded so annoyed. I told her that I'd like to go ahead and place the order. She kept asking me what I was saying, what my name was, where I'm having the wedding--basically everything she had already written down on her sheet of paper. She finally found my information, and when I told her that I'd like to go ahead with the order, she told me that I'd have to schedule ANOTHER appointment to confirm the order. I asked her if I could just place the order and come pay the balance in full, but she was resolute in me coming back; I agreed and asked her when I could make an appointment. She said I'd have to come back in JUNE. (I called the Wednesday after Easter--still April!) I asked her if I could just drop in since she already had my order and I pass by the bakery all the time, but she said I'd have to wait until JUNE since she was booked.

Needless to say, my fiance and I have found another bakery that is just as affordable and a whole lot nicer! I'm not one who is easily turned off by bad customer service, especially since people can have bad days, but this was just unacceptable. No matter how great the cake could have turned out, the customer service was quite atrocious, and I am not willing to drop hundreds of dollars if this is the kind of service we can expect even BEFORE the actual day of the wedding... I'd be afraid of what could happen on the actual week or day of the wedding!

No thanks!
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This bakery was included with our package at the reception hall. Our cake was gorgeous - we got a lot of compliments on it. It was a little different than what we had discussed, but it turned out so beautiful that I cannot complain. I think there may have been some confusion since we first decided we wanted the layers stacked straight, then changed our minds and wanted the layers to be offset. They were straight on, but we also got one more layer than expected, so I’d just make sure you are very clear with what you want. The cake tasted good, I had about one bite of it, and it looked stunning.

I wish they would’ve told us they were putting cardboard on the layers of our cake, however. We didn’t know that, and had some trouble cutting our cake. Luckily our photographer noticed our struggle and pointed it out :) So watch out for that!
Wedding: 06/11/2011
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0

Anonymous 4 Reviews
Great vendor to work with!!! My wedding cake was red velvet cake with cream filling and everybody loved it!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so delicious!!!!

Amy 7 Reviews
Oh my gosh was this cake delicious!! They have done many wedding cakes in their time being that they have been a family business for 50+ years. The tasting was amazing. We came with a picture drawn up of what we wanted our cake to look like. They gave a few suggestions and we walked out very happy customers. We will definitely be ordering another cake from Dominos again.
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We got our wedding cake and sweet table thru Domino's Bakery (guaranteed through our package with the Cotillion). Our weddin cake was beautiful and BIGGER than we expected. Although we didn't get to taste a FULL piece of cake- we were told the cake was very good.

They were very nice to coordinate with us to have a fondant bow cascading down the cake with crystal brooches that I had bought and provided to them.

Our only issue was with the sweet table- I was told that the quality of the sweets were lacking and that people were not happy with the desserts on the table. I'm not sure if this was with every piece of dessert, but it was drawn to my attention that the sweet table was not that great.

However, thank you for a beautful wedding cake!!
Wedding: 09/24/2010