The Oxford Club Spa and Salon

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

I arranged to have my hair done at the Oxford Club Spa and Salon for one reason: Malissa Knight. She is OUTSTANDING. She is among those in the forefront of her industry, in my opinion. She won a contest because of the quality and style of her work and got to work in fashion week in Australia - not gonna get much better than that. Unless, of course, you want bridal hair. Malissa is professional, friendly, and so accommodating. She wanted to help me create the look that I wanted; she talked to me about my ideas and looked at photos of styles that I liked. When she tried one of the styles that I thought that I would like and it did not suit me, we both agreed that another alternative would be better. I was very impressed with Malissa's ability to put her knowledge - which is far superior to mine - to work to my vision happen. For me, I wanted a look that was vintage but had a modern twist. And she was able to do it. She used string to tie my hair up in a low side knotted bun, so she only used a few bobby pins on my hair. Remarkable, and such a relief at the end of the night! I definitely recommend Malissa if you want your hair done for your wedding, but don't want to look like you have traditional bridal hair; if you want a stylish hairdo, but don't want to look like a completely different person (just an even better version of yourself); or if you want a up-to-date look that requires a knowledge of current fashion and trends. Also, Kara, the coordinator at the Oxford Spa was fantastic. We had twelve women that got their hair done for our wedding. Kara was flexible in making appointments, so we were able to get finished in time - AND she even arranged for the stylists to come to work early in order to start our group. That is an unusual level of service!

Services Used: Beauty & Health
LOCATION
1616 17th Street, Denver, CO 80202
The Oxford Club Spa & Salon has been in the business of health and wellness for over 22 years, offering an ideal urban escape for men and women seeking relaxation and renewal. Inside an elegant Victorian building built in 1912 that exudes a chic, urban atmosphere is a membership fitness center and full service spa and salon that is open to the public. The spa and salon, the first in Denver, opened its doors in 1987 after award-winning preservationist and visionary Dana Crawford saw a need for an urban sanctuary. The environment is designed to allow guests to step away from the daily pace and into a refuge that refreshes the mind, body and spirit.

BRIDAL SERVICES

Let the Oxford Club take care of all the important details to prepare your bridal party for your special day. Day-of-beauty preparations and pre-wedding spa necessities (manicures, massages, facials, ect..) are our specialty!

BRIDAL HAIR SERVICES Bridal Practice Hair $65
Bridal Day Hair $85
Updo $60
Shampoo and Curl $45

Practices are required prior to wedding day services for all brides. Please contact us for additional requests or more information.

BRIDAL MAKEUP SERVICES

Bridal Practice Makeup $45 Bridal Day Makeup $65
Event Makeup Apllication $45

BRIDAL PACKAGE
THE BRIDESMAID'S GIFT $159 Treat the lucky ladies in your wedding party to services in preparation for your special day. They will receive a manicure, pedicure and updo hair service. Gratuity is included to make this as simple as possible for you. A perfect way to say thank you.

Along with The Oxford Clubs various bridal services we do offer a full array of spa services.  Such as; personalized skin care, microdermabrasion, waxing and threading services, hand and foot indulgences, makeup, massage treatments, spa body treatments, massage and body treatment enhancements, hair care services, fitness and personal training, as well as mind, body, and soul therapy.  Any of our treatments along with a full description can be found at OxfordClubSpa.com and can be added to any Bridal Day Package.

+/- read less