Shaune Hayes DC Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists

Shaune Hayes DC Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists

"You at your most beautiful"

Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
Services: Hair, Makeup
Consultations: Yes
Large groups: Yes
About Us

Your wedding will be full of special moments. The beauty and magic of those moments will be long remembered by family, friends, and guests, and captured forever in photos and video. We At Shauné Hayes Makeup Hair Artists understand how important it is to look your best on your wedding day, and we work with you to create the wedding style of your dreams. We believe that the ultimate accessory for that perfect dress you spent so much time and effort finding is flawless makeup and hair. Our philosophy is that your natural beauty should be enhanced, not overdone. We don’t do heavy makeup applications because we believe skin should look like skin, not product. We work with your natural beauty to bring out all of the pretty. In essence, we believe you should be “you, at your most beautiful.”™

We are a team of professional makeup artists and hairstylists who have been providing quality on-location service throughout DC, Maryland, and Virginia for over 10 years. We consider it a privilege to be a part of every wedding we service, and we pride ourselves on treating each of our clients with the utmost courtesy and respect.

We are experienced with all skin tones, ethnicities and hair textures including natural hair, and we are well-versed in the latest wedding makeup and hair trends. Our makeup artists are skin care specialists, and will ensure your skin is in its optimal condition. We specialize in false eyelashes and lash extensions which are a great enhancement for your wedding day. Our hairstylists promote healthy hair and are experts in proper care and installation of hair extensions to help you achieve the look of your dreams.

As you consider all of your wedding day beauty options, know that at Shauné Hayes Makeup Hair Artists, we understand that each bride is unique. We listen to your plans, consider your wedding style, and work within your comfort zone to create a look that emulates your personality. Our service is completely personalized and always professional.

It would be our pleasure to work with you.

Additional Honors & Awards

Wedding Wire Brides Choice Award Winner 2009
Wedding Wire Brides Choice Award Winner 2010
Wedding Wire Brides Choice Award Winner 2011
Wedding Wire Brides Choice Award Winner 2012
Wedding Wire Brides Choice Award Winner 2013
Wedding Wire Couple's Choice Award Winner 2014
Best Makeup and Lash Artist, Prince George's Best of 2013

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Owner and lead makeup artist Shauné Hayes has been published in The Knot magazine, Washington Post Magazine, on United with Love, Southern Weddings, Style Me Pretty, Munaluchi and Ebony.com to name a few. More of her bridal and special event work and services can be viewed on ShauneHayesMakeup.com. Her editorial and commercial work can be viewed at ShauneHayes.com. For makeup and beauty tips or to follow her life as a working makeup artist, check out her blog Blended Beaute. You can also follow her on twitter @ShauneHayesMUA; Instagram @ShauneHayesMakeup; or her Facebook business page Facebook.com/shaunehayesmua. For skin care and cosmetics, visit her beauty store ShopArtistryNow.com.

Photos
Reviews
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Deciding to work with Shaune and Shaunda was the best investment I made for our wedding day. I was initially super bummed to find out that Shaune was booked on our day, when a week or so later she contacted me to say that her other bride had to postpone her wedding and she had availability--needless to say, I was ecstatic! She was friendly, responsive, and so helpful when it came to deciding how I would keep a uniform look for both of our ceremonies (Indian and American) while looking fresh for each--we ended up switching up the lip color, and it was a subtle but fantastic change. Shaunda was also wonderful, and took her time crafting a hairstyle at my trial based on the paltry number of photos I brought as examples. While my trial hair was intricate and gorgeous, it wasn't necessarily my style and I let her know. She was very receptive, and assured me that we would tweak the look on the big day to make it what I envisioned. The end result was fabulous, and somehow she got my thick, heavy Asian hair to stay put in a beautiful low up-do for 13 hours. That was truly a miracle! All of my bridesmaids also loved their hairstyles!

My wedding makeup, and that of my bridesmaids, was simply amazing. Shaune was timely, efficient, flexible, and no one felt rushed. It's obvious that she loves what she does! It sounds cheesy, but everyone really did look like better versions of themselves. My makeup felt exquisitely light and natural; none of which seems possible with professional makeup! It lasted all afternoon and evening with only one blot/light-touch up needed near the end. I received so many compliments, and even the non-professional photos look incredible! It was an absolute pleasure to work with Shaune and Shaunda, and I honestly can't recommend them highly enough. Thank you for making our day that much more special!

Shaune Hayes DC Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists responded with the following comments:

Audrey, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback on our behalf. Thank you so much. We absolutely enjoyed working with you and your bridesmaids, and appreciate you for trusting us to make you all beautiful on your special day. We truly do consider it a privilege to work with all of our brides. Congratulations again to you and yours and blessings for a happy marriage.

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
Services Used: Beauty & Health
Endorsements
Professional Make up Artist Shaune Hayes is tops in the industry! If you want a true professional with class and style and plenty of artistry then Shaune is your go to Artist. All of my brides have been extremely pleased with her work and work ethic. Highly recommended!
Shaune Hayes DC Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists is a wedding makeup artist from Washington, DC. We service weddings througout the local area, including DC, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New York, New Jersey. Shaune Hayes DC Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists is a professional wedding makeup artist and hairstylist that has been part of the Washington, DC wedding industry for over 10 years. We specialize in on-site bridal and special event makeup and hair
301-204-7537
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment