Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists Reviews

187 Reviews for Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

187 Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists Reviews

Terri · Married on 10/06/2018

Shaune, thank you for providing makeup services for my wedding on Saturday. It was so important to me to have an artist with a spirit that would be positive, calming, warm on that day as I prepared to embark upon such an important journey. The makeup was important of course but the atmosphere around me was also critical to me. You provided exactly that and more and I absolutely loved my makeup (I didn't want to wash it off!!). It was great just to sit in the chair and let you work your magic! My family members also loved their makeup as well. Thank you so much for everything.

• Lakisha

Lakisha · Married on 09/08/2018

Shaune is the best! You need to experience her for yourself! Her technique is flawless and she has the personality to match her artistry skills. She’s understanding and goes out of her way to make you feel as beautiful as you will look once she’s done. I’d recommend her for any and every skill type and tint. Thank you for a great experience!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Lakisha! I really enjoyed working with you and Linda and your family. It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day and I consider it an honor to have helped create your makeup vision for the day.

Melanie · Married on 08/25/2018

When I say everyone looked amazing!!!! I can’t not express how professional, down to earth, and talented Shaune and her team is. She makes you feel comfortable. She stays around to make sure you are touched up and perfected before she leaves. She also leaves you will extra makeup supplies so that you can stay perfect through your whole wedding. She also did my makeup for my engagement photos which is a great way to get to know each other before the big day. She can also suggest a hair styles who was amazing as well. She did the makeup of my mom and myself and her talent partner did the makeup of my sister, mother in law, and bridesmaid. Thank you so much for everything, I could ask for anything more !!

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 3

Kimberly · Married on 07/07/2018

Shaune nailed my look for our wedding! My maid of honor and I were running a little behind schedule on the big day but Shaune was there waiting for us and ready to get started right away! She worked so fast but the quality of her work was not compromised. She has such an ease about her that makes you feel to comfortable and stress free. I highly recommend booking her for your next glam session!

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 4
    Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 5
  • Dawn

Dawn · Married on 06/29/2018

I felt like I looked amazing! I was gorgeous as a bridesmaid. Awesome experience!

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Dawn. My team and I enjoyed working with you and the entire bridal party!

Catherine · Married on 06/24/2018

Shaune Hayes is a makeup ARTIST.

I am a person who loves to do my own makeup and think I am pretty good at it. For my wedding I wanted someone who was really going to do something special/above and beyond. Shaune was it. Right from the trial I was thrilled. Shaune's prices reflect her expertise and the quality of service she provides. Her and her team are awesome professionals who are easy to work with and fun to spend time with. The day of the wedding, Shaune, Felicia and LJ were prompt to my hotel. They set up and began the magic. My mom was worried about too heavy or too much makeup and they respected her request while still creating a stunning look for her. My Mother and my bridesmaids looked incredible!!

My groom and I did a first look with bridal party photos before the ceremony. We trounced all over in the blazing June sun but everyone's hair and makeup stayed perfect. Incredibly, even through the entire night of crazy dancing, our hair and makeup stayed perfect. One bridesmaid has Rosacea and says she normally looks purple after dancing. When she went to the ladies room, she could not believe that she still had perfect skin tone and makeup. I could not have been happier with my experience. I looked incredible at my wedding and I look incredible in my wedding photos! Thank you Shaune, Felicia and LJ !!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Catherine, thank you so much! I can't tell you how much your feedback means to me and my team. It was such a pleasure working with you and your family, and I am so glad everyone was pleased with their makeup and hair. And to hear that it lasted is exactly what we expect. It was truly an honor to be a part of your day. It was our pleasure to serve you and be your wedding day beauty team. Best wishes to you and your husband!

Jennifer · Married on 04/07/2018

Shaune did an amazing job with me and my husband on our wedding day. Everyone raved over my makeup. It was flawless. It was worth every penny. She is so sweet and an absolute joy to work with. Shaune is one of THE best make-up artist to work with and I would recommend her for any occasion.

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 6
    Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 7

Donna · Married on 02/16/2018

Shaune and the person she recommended for my hair, Felicia Renee, were a dynamic glam duo. They listened to what I wanted my look to be, and delivered it at a level beyond my hopes - and in a friendly, caring way. They made the morning of my wedding day a festive occasion on its own, and my photos are fantastic because of them.

Jeanine · Married on 01/27/2018

GM Katrina,
    Thank you so much!!! My daughter looked and felt beautiful celebrating her Sweet 16. YES, I love, love, love the makeup on me as well. I asked and you did an amazing job responding to my request!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Jeanine

Shawnee · Married on 09/23/2017

I had a wonderful experience working with Shauné. She was professional, responsive, and full of positive energy. She has a lovely studio in Maryland where I went for my trial, which I used the day of my engagement shoot. She facilitated a relaxing session and chose makeup and colors that served me well. I absolutely loved what she did. On my wedding day, she arrived early and worked on my bridesmaids and Maid of Honor. Everyone looked GORGEOUS. It was a fun and exciting process. My makeup looked out of this world. Many of my friends are now following her on instagram because they liked her work so much. I really like Shauné as a person and an artist and look forward to working with her again. My mom really enjoyed meeting her as well. She was a great part of our morning preparations and team on the big day.

Sent on 12/22/2017
    Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 8
    Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 9

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you Shawnee for including me on your wedding day! It was such a pleasure to work with you, your family and friends. You truly were a gorgeous bride and I enjoyed being a part of such a special day.

Alexis · Married on 08/25/2017

EVERY TIME AUNTIE SHAUNE GETS ME RIGHTTTTTTT! I mean I love it!!!$ LOVE LOVE LOVE ITTTTTT

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

You know I always enjoy doing your makeup. Thank you for always being a great client!

Judy · Married on 08/25/2017

Loved the professionalism, Felt very comfortable with Chris, She was Awesome, we laughed, she explained to me everything she was doing, afterwards she gave me a big hug!!!!

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

I'm so glad you had a great experience with Chris. She enjoyed getting you beautiful for your daughter's wedding and had such a great time working with you.

Deidra · Married on 08/25/2017

Shaune' and her team (Leontyne, Chris, and Toni), were the make-up artist for my Sister-in-Law's wedding. The professionalism, time and one on one attention provided to each of us, was unmatched. There were 9 of us, and we each looked natural, beautiful, and different. Thank you for making me my most beautiful!!!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

It's the best feeling in the world when our clients are happy not only with the end result but also with the process of working with our team. We are big on individual beauty and enhancing our clients' features based on what looks best for them. We had such a great time bringing out the best in each of you while also maintaining uniformity in the bridal party look. Thank you!

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2017

I highly recommend hiring Shaune. She was very flexible and professional throughout the duration I worked with her. The day of my wedding, Shaune and her team arrived on time. I had a diverse group of bridesmaids and each girl looked beautiful. As a "makeup junkie", I'm extremely picky about my makeup. Shaune listened to my likes and dislikes and I was highly satisfied with the outcome of my makeup.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much, Jessica! You were a pleasure to work with as was your bridal party. We understand bridal parties can be very diverse which is why it's important to us that all of our artists have experience working on all skin tones. I am so glad you were pleased with everyone's makeup including yours. I consider it an honor to be a part of my brides' wedding day so thank you thank you thank you for the experience and opportunity to serve you.

Tara · Married on 05/27/2017

Thank you again for everything. All the ladies to include myself was beautiful.

Sent on 06/23/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you, Tara. I'm glad you had a great experience working with us.
  • Ceciley

Ceciley · Married on 05/06/2017

Shaune is extremely personable and truly skilled in her profession. I have searched high and low for make-up artists that specialize in bridal make-up, and trust me they don't come a dime a dozen. Shaune gives her clients the perfect touch required for wedding photos without masking a bride's individual beauty. Who wants to review the photos of their special day and think "is that me?" ? I discovered her when I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding and was so blessed to work with her again for my own wedding. Now I'm looking forward to being an expected mother so that she can make me look beautiful for my maternity photos. Thanks so much Shaune! You are the best in the biz!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Ceciley, I have enjoyed working with you over the years. It was such a pleasure being a part of your wedding day. Thank you so much for the opportunity to service you on your special day. I thoroughly enjoyed working with your family as well. I can't wait until the next time. Blessings to you and hubby for a beautiful marriage and life.
  • mrsb2be

Amanda · Married on 04/22/2017

Shaune and her team are AMAZING!! I was so concerned about finding a group of beauty professionals that were well rounded in dealing with hair & makeup for women of color, and they melted away all my fears. From our first consultation I knew me and my bridal party were in the right hands! The services I received were hair and makeup for me and my mother as well as makeup for my mother-in-law, bridesmaids, jr. bridesmaid and flower girls. Everyone raved about how welcomed they felt by Leontyne and her assistant, and how she calmed any hesitations the few who were not makeup wearers had. One bridesmaid even said it was the most beautiful she's felt in years!! I will definitely be recommending Shaune to my friends!!

Sent on 05/12/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Amanda! Thank you so much! We had such a great time being a part of your wedding day and working with you the months leading up to it. It was great help to bring the vision you had for yourself and your bridal party to reality. You all were such a pleasure to work with. We are so happy you were pleased with everything and that you trusted us to deliver the best service possible. We wish you blessings and happiness in your new life together.

Susan · Married on 04/15/2017

Shaune was a pleasure to collaborate with for my wedding. She has a beautiful home studio where we did my trial run. She made my vision come to life. I had so many compliments on my makeup at the wedding. Thank you!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Susan. I enjoyed working with you and happy to have played a part bringing your wedding day vision to life. It's all about working together to create the look that you envisioned and I'm glad we were able to do that. Best wishes!

Blair · Married on 04/01/2017

My experience was beyond amazing. I was able to book an appointment two weeks before my wedding and she managed to sqeeze me in (even though she had an appointment later that evening). My foundation looked flawless and natural ! Made me wedding pictures look amazing !!

Sent on 04/16/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Blair! It was so great working with you and I'm glad the timing worked out for me to be your wedding day makeup artist. I appreciate your feedback and wish you and your beautiful family best wishes!

Delphina · Married on 04/01/2017

I contacted Shaune Hayes to inquire about make up about two months before my wedding. My initial phone consultant was quite pleasant, communicative and comprehensive. We set up an appointment for a preview makeup session. She explained the basic composition of the make up and proceeded to give me a preview of what i would look like on my wedding day according to my specifications. I was more the satisfied. She showed up early to my hotel room on my wedding and completed my make up to my satisfaction. My pictures came out fabulous. I received so many compliments, and the service was worth every dime. Thank you Shaune for your professionalism, rapport and talent. You are truly an Artist.

Sent on 05/01/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Delphina! I appreciate your feedback and the pleasure of working with you for your wedding day. I am so glad you were pleased with services, and that we were able to create a look that you loved for your wedding day.

Nerhosshia · Married on 03/25/2017

What can I say about Shauné Hayes? So much and all good! I truly can say that her talent is remarkable. She did my makeup for mine and my husband’s Black Tie 20th Anniversary Party on March 25, 2017. Shauné Hayes was prompt, friendly and about business which I truly appreciated. I was very nervous and stressed as if I was a first time bride. She laughed and talked with me and somehow, helped to calm my nerves all while applying lip liner and eyelashes. When she was finished, I felt beautiful. My husband and my guests loved her work. The complements ranged from you, referring to me, look absolutely stunning, dazzling, breathtaking etc. I feel that Shauné Hayes’ skills enhanced my natural beauty as oppose to masking. I felt beautiful, polished and recognizable. If you are looking for a makeup artist then look no further than Shauné Hayes. She is truly patient, artistic, professional and will make you look exceptional for any occasion. I cannot thank Shauné Hayes enough!!

Sent on 04/17/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Nerhosshia, thank you so much for your kind words and feedback. They really mean a lot to me and it makes me feel good knowing you had such a positive experience. It was great working with you and being a part of your 20th wedding anniversary. Thank you so much!

Nakia · Married on 03/16/2017

Shaune' Hayes and team are extremely knowledgeable and professional. Makeup is an art. Shaune' and her team are constantly working on perfecting their craft. I now have a new makeup person yay. After moving from NY, it was hard to find a makeup person other than one at a MAC counter that I could trust for wedding makeup. Trust me, you will be amazed at how good you look (just look at the website). Looking forward to the next event, so that I can get that perfect beat face. Thank you so much for making my wedding day an awesome one!

Sent on 04/04/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you Nakia! We had a great time working with you and your bridal party. You all looked so beautiful and it was such a pleasure to be your wedding day makeup artist. We appreciated the opportunity to serve you all in this way. Best wishes to you!

Tracey · Married on 02/14/2017

I hired Shaune to do my friend's wedding makeup on her special day. I live in Texas and my friend was getting married in Washington, DC and I wanted her to have a wonderful makeup artist to do her wedding day makeup but had to rely on Google reviews and website pictures and hope for the best. Shaune was everything I hoped for. She replied to my inquiry within minutes, sent me a professional contract and answered all the questions I had to set this up as a surprise for the bride. She asked me for an inspiration picture and a picture of my friend so she would have an idea of what she wanted. She showed up early the day of the wedding and the makeup she did was beautiful (and was in line with the inspiration picture I sent her - natural, glamorous and beautiful). She is a true talented professional and I'm glad I found her and was able to book her to do my friend's makeup. Thank you again Shaune and if you're looking for a great makeup artist that is also a professional business owner, I would definitely recommend her. S

Sent on 04/05/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Tracey, thank you soooo much. I really appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience with my service. I thought it was really sweet of you to surprise your friend with makeup for her wedding, and I was so glad to be a part of the surprise. I am even happier that she loved her makeup and enjoyed working with me. Thank you again for opportunity to work with you both.

Ashley · Married on 02/03/2017

Shaune is tied for first place for my favorite wedding vendor. She is AMAZING and I have some serious love for her as a person and a professional. Hair and make-up was probably the most important thing to me (forget florals! look at meeee!) and so Shaune was the very first vendor I booked. I knew I wanted to look as beautiful as possible for my wedding and when I saw Shaune's portfolio I knew I had to hire her. Shaune and two of her artists worked their magic on a total of 11 ladies for my wedding. These ladies were half-Vietnamese and half-Indian, Trinidadian, and half-Ugandan and half-Sierra Leonian. Basically, it doesn't matter the color of your skin, Shaune can do it. It doesn't matter your hair type, if you book Shaune for hair and make-up she will make sure everyone is taken care of.

Do not hesitate to book Shaune if you are nervous about the price she is WORTH EVERY PENNY! Aside from her talent, she makes sure to stock a huge array of high quality products. That alone would cost hundreds of dollars if you were to do your make-up yourself (and you still would not have as many products as her and her team!). Also, I don't know about you, but there is no way I could do what Shaune does even if I watched 100 youtube tutorials! She will seriously make you look breathtakingly beautiful. While I was getting my make up done whenever someone walked by me I would hear a gasp and see a huge smile spread across their face (and Shaune wasn't even done yet!). Shaune's team continued to do touch ups throughout the day and made adjustments as necessary (i.e. one person wanted to remove her eyelashes because she wasn't used to them, etc.). Most importantly, getting ready with Shaune and her team was so much fun! My ladies loved hanging out with them and I know I didn't want them to leave when they finished! If I ever have to book hair and makeup for anything in the future I will go with Shaune. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND BOOK SHAUNE NOW!!!

Sent on 02/11/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Ashley, I can't thank you enough for the absolute pleasure it was to be a part of your wedding day! I was not ready for the day to end and was a bit sad to leave just because I really enjoyed working with you and getting to know you over the months leading up to your wedding day. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, and we are so glad everyone was pleased with services. You have a beautiful family and you all made us feel right at home. We wish you so much happiness and I can't wait for the opportunity to work with you again.