Radhika Photography

Profile Picture
Lydia S
1 Review
09/15/2012

I cannot recommend Radhika highly enough. Radhika photographed our destination wedding in Cape Cod and she was outstanding in every way. Her peaceful, unobtrusive presence put us at ease and she made sure that we (and our guests) looked the very best version of ourselves, both candid and posed. Her photos bring the story of our weekend back to life; they really capture the emotions, beauty and special moments – even some we weren’t aware of at the time. Months later, her pictures still take my breath away.
Picking a photographer was a difficult process: most had nice photographs, friendly personalities and polished sales pitches, and it wasn’t easy to tell them apart. My old friend Radhika was the obvious choice, but I didn’t want her to have to “work my wedding”; I wanted her to enjoy the festivities. In the end, though, I didn’t believe that anyone could match her extensive experience (award-winning international photojournalist and wedding photographer); her beautiful portfolio; and her professional approach. She agreed to work with another photographer that we hired so that she could still enjoy the wedding.
Radhika was wonderful to work with. She helped us plan our schedule to get the photos we wanted without missing out on the party or our guests. She showed us examples of decorations/lighting that would enhance the reception photographs. She was undaunted by the noon sun that concerned other photographers we spoke to, using it to create the most beautifully lit photographs I have ever seen. Some of my favorites were from the end of the night when we lit sparklers on the bay – not only was Radhika still there to capture the moment, but her photos were stunning – she really knows how to work with any light to take amazing photographs. She even got up before dawn to photograph us dressed up at sunrise on the beach.
I never imagined that our photos could look so good. We are so grateful that Radhika was able to work with us.

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
Brooklyn, NY 11231
Radhika Chalasani's photography is rooted in the traditions of photojournalism. She brings classic magazine storytelling and informal portraiture to her work as a wedding photographer.
Details
Categories: Photography
Event Types: Anniversaries, Baby Showers, Bar / Bat Mitzvahs, Birthdays, Bridal Showers, Christenings, Corporate Events, Debutante Balls, Eco-Friendly / Green Weddings, Engagement Parties, Holiday Parties, LGBTQ Weddings / Ceremonies, Proms, Quinceaneras, Sweet 16s