Neffe
Master July 2020

What's Your Flavor?

Neffe, on August 14, 2018 at 9:05 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 49
Saved Save

So many flavors and not enough tiers! What flavor will your wedding cake be? If you’ll have multiple flavors, tell us all of them!

What flavors will your cake include?

What's Your Flavor? 1

To continue satisfying your sweet tooth, check out these expert cake tips:

- The 2018 Wedding Cake Trends Everyone Will Be Talking About

- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Wedding Cakes

- How to Choose a Wedding Cake Baker

49 Comments

• Christine
    Expert September 2018
    Christine ·
    • Flag
    I am having a cheesecake my fiance and I will cut into. All my guess we'll be getting chocolate brownies and three different kinds of cookies to have. We are not doing cake.
  • Happy Hedgie
    VIP September 2018
    Happy Hedgie ·
    • Flag

We are doing mini bundt cakes in a variety of flavors. We will have lemon, chocolate chocolate chip, white chocolate raspberry, pecan praline, and marble.

• Jen
    Super May 2018
    Jen ·
    • Flag

We had 3 flavors of cake: red velvet cake with cream cheese filling, yellow cake with lemon and vanilla filling, and chocolate cake with mocha and chocolate filling

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

We are having a winter wedding and our baker has made all of the wedding cakes for all of FH family!

We picked vanilla sour cream pound cake which is basically a thicker and denser version of vanilla, and also chocolate sour cream pound cake! Each tier will have a layer of both, so the guests will get both flavors in one slice. The icing in between the layers will be hot chocolate buttercream and then the white icing on the outside will white chocolate buttercream! Its going to be so dreamy and delicious! A richer twist on the classic chocolate and vanilla. Our guests will love it, and FH family will recognize it right away as the vanilla sour cream pound cake is whats most often chosen in his family!

• AJ
    VIP September 2018
    AJ ·
    • Flag
    We have a very small 2 tier. Bottom tier is marble cake with fudge filling and vanilla buttercream (sheet cake for guests matches), top tier is lemon cake with lemon filling and vanilla buttercream.
  • Happily Ever Mrs. H
    VIP October 2018
    Happily Ever Mrs. H ·
    • Flag

We're doing a 3-tier white alomd with raspberry filling.

• MsPitbull
    Dedicated August 2018
    MsPitbull ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We did the same cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes! Our guests loved them. We went with your first three flavors. We did a bigger bundt cake in the chocolate. 😄
  • Happy Hedgie
    VIP September 2018
    Happy Hedgie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Awesome! That is where we are getting ours from too. We are doing the 8-inch bundt cake in Pecan Praline for cutting.

• NikNak
    Master September 2018
    NikNak ·
    • Flag
    Red velvet with a layer of fudge, and a thin layer of ganache. The cake is going to be blue too, FH got a kick out of the inner and out layers being such contrasting colors...
  • Hailey
    Dedicated November 2019
    Hailey ·
    • Flag
    Having a three tier cake and the flavors are pina colada and guava. We are getting married in Puerto Rico so it definitely has a Puerto Rican taste.
  • Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This sounds awesomely delicious! I love the unique flavor selections!!

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

Top layer is lemon cake with lemon filling

middle layer is white cake with strawberry mouse

bottom layer is chocolate cake with fudge filling

• Fiona
    Expert October 2018
    Fiona ·
    • Flag
    We are doing a three tier, bottom vanilla, middle chocolate and top pumpkin (October wedding so we will freeze this for our first anniversary). Then we will also have mini cupcakes. Me (Her favorite written on the display) Pumpkin with cream cheese frosting and Him (His favorite written on the display) Banana with cinnamon frosting.
  • ThatGirl
    Super January 2019
    ThatGirl ·
    • Flag

We are doing mini bundt cakes in 4 flavors - Vanilla, White Chocolate Raspberry, Lemon, and Red Velvet. Our "top" will be a larger bundt cake in red velvet.

I am so excited for it... the Lemon is my favorite Smiley smile

• Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh la la, I love the Caribbean flair! This will taste amazing!!

• Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, lemon cake is so good! Smiley kiss

• Saskia
    Devoted September 2018
    Saskia ·
    • Flag

We are actually doing pies instead of cake! Both my FH and myself far prefer it over cake. We will have a table with many flavors and types.

That being said, my parents own a bakery and their pastry chef really wants to make us a small cake just for cutting. She's really inventive with flavors so I'll probably just let her pick - I know I want white frosting though!

• KarenO
    Master June 2018
    KarenO ·
    • Flag

Ours was four tiers - the top and the bottom were plain/raspberry swirl, the second largest was plain with chocolate chip and the last one was plain pound cake. I'm usually not a fan of pound cake, but it was so good at our tasting.

And, I heard it was very good! We only got a bite from our cake cutting, and the rest was gone by the end of the night. My parents didn't even get any either.

• B
    Devoted September 2020
    Brandy ·
    • Flag
    Love hearing everyone's flavors. We haven't decided yet but I'm thinking marble for one tier and carrot for another. Maybe I will let FH take the reigns on the third 😂 He has a lot of older family members who I know will enjoy the carrot. We won't be doing any fillings.
  • A
    Dedicated September 2018
    Alexis ·
    • Flag

The tiered cake we're cutting will be a lemon-ish flavor with a vanilla pudding center.

I'm honestly not sure what flavor cake the guests are getting, but probably vanilla? We are getting a Costco sheet cake for the guests and myself, FH and bridal party are getting the "fancy tiered cake"

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics