Ginger
Dedicated June 2019

Toasting glasses

Ginger, on January 8, 2019 at 8:40 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 38
Saved Save

This is my second marriage. My first wedding I purchased a pair of toasting glasses and the cake set to cut the wedding cake. Does anyone purchase that anymore or do you just use what the venue has? Seems silly. They just went right back in the box after my first wedding.

38 Comments

• D
    Dedicated July 2019
    Dayna ·
    • Flag
    Ahhh! My second marriage but my fiancee’s first and I was wondering the same thing! I just keep thinking it’s another thing for me to have to clean!
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    I had looked at custom cutting set but I had the same thought of it's never going to get used again. My mom offered me theirs but I'm not a fan of theirs. Its baby blue. I just want a simple silver one lol
  • Victoria
    VIP October 2018
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    We purchased toasting glasses with our names and date etched. We got them off of Oriental Trading where I had a coupon so they cost us $5 lol. I'm not sure we would have purchased them if we had to spend any real money on them. We didn't have a cake but if we did, we probably wouldn't have purchased a cake cutter either. We're just not that sentimental. I think it's totally fine to use what the venue has.
  • Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos Online ·
    • Flag

I wasn't going to buy toasting glasses but I found some personalized ones that I like. I don't see the point of buying the cake set though.

• Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    We didn’t do special toasting glasses. I found it an unnecessary expense!
  • Jen
    VIP July 2018
    Jen ·
    • Flag
    I just used what my venue had and in hindsight I’m glad I don’t have another thing or two to store somewhere!
  • Alexandra
    VIP June 2019
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag
    We purchased personalized toasting flutes and a cake set - FH’s grandmother wanted a portion of her engagement gift used for these. I do love them Smiley love We found them very reasonably priced on Etsy!
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

We just used what the venue had.

• C
    VIP January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    I got our toasting glasses from Homegoods. I guess they’re not technically toasting glasses but whatever. They were $8
    I was going to get a cake serving set from
    Hobby Lobby when they were half off, but for my shower my grandma got me a server. I found the matching knife online for $15. So I was happy with that.
    You can find them cheap if you want them.
  • Megan
    VIP January 2019
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    We used his parents’ toasting glasses. Special and what not but we didn’t have to buy anything or keep track. We had asked my parents to use their cake cutting set for the same reason but my parents surprised us with a special set with an Irish Celtic knot and blessing engraved on it and we very much loved it.
  • Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

We're using what the venue has instead of buying our own. It's just another expense and thing to store for a year.

• Yoice
    VIP March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    I actually bought both. The only toasting glasses because I found the ones I wanted and goes perfect with our theme and is not the usual clear glass. Mine came in a set of 6 so I plan on engraving our logo on both and use the rest in the house with future guest as well.
    I also bought cake knife only because it was simple and I was able to personalized it.
  • Shay
    Expert February 2020
    Shay ·
    • Flag
    🤔Umm the “Dollar store” has some sets on their website. You can always bedazzle it up a bit...🍷
  • Y
    Devoted July 2019
    Yajaira ·
    • Flag
    Found good deal on esty for personalized glasses. And no cake set felt just for show and a waste.

• Annie
    VIP October 2018
    Annie ·
    • Flag

I was given a set of hand blown champagne glasses as a gift at my bridal shower so we used those as toasting glasses. If we weren't given any I wouldn't have rented them from our caterer.

• Kyle-Lynn
    Expert February 2019
    Kyle-Lynn ·
    • Flag

Oh, we are kindred. I am getting married for the second time too--- was married young and not well and now am so grateful for where I am.

I might get some cute cheapie stemless flutes at hobby lobby, they have Mr. and Mrs. ones, on sale like $3 each, I found them with their other fancy glasses. Then if they never get used again, it's all good.

• J
    Savvy June 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    I got a cake knife set and I am going to get toasting glasses that are engraved. I plan on using the glasses afterwards!
  • Danielle
    Expert March 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

My sister offered to let us use her toasting set, but she hasn't found them yet (went in a box 10 years ago and haven't been seen since LOL). Otherwise, we're planning to use what the venue has.

• JustKidding
    VIP April 2018
    JustKidding ·
    • Flag

We didn't get toasting glasses. I didn't see the point.

I bought a really cheap cake set, and sold them right after.

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

We have them from our engagement! So we are going to use those. I'll probably buy a cake set but for like $20!

Comment on this discussion