You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our related wedding FAQs.

Merisenda
Dedicated September 2015

So I think maybe I found the dress....

Merisenda, on July 30, 2014 at 5:37 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 21
Saved Save

This is what I'm thinking. The only thing is I would like to get it altered to have colors underneath (photoshopped what it would look like), and I'm not sure if I would be able to find someone willing to do so or if perhaps I'm better off getting something custom made.

Thoughts/suggestions? Anyone know anybody who might be able to work with this?

21 Comments

• alyshadanielle
    Master April 2015
    alyshadanielle ·
    • Flag

So pretty! Not sure how you would get the colors, but I LOVE the dress! It looks perfect for you.

• Kari
    Expert September 2014
    Kari ·
    • Flag

I'm not sure about the colors either, but that dress is gorgeous! Good choice Smiley smile

• Ashley
    VIP May 2015
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

The dress is beautiful, but I am not quite sure about the colors either. Is there a significance with these colors?

• Mrs. F-u-...
    Master December 2014
    Mrs. F-u-... ·
    • Flag

The dress looks great how it is, IMO. Is the colors something t o do with the theme or something you've always wanted?

• Merisenda
    Dedicated September 2015
    Merisenda ·
    • Flag

Our wedding is going to be rainbow themed. I'm a super colorful person and it pretty much fits my personality. I've seen a few other dresses that have rainbow color alterations (like the one below) but they don't have vertical ruffles like the dress I'm thinking about getting, so I'm not sure how complex it would be.

• Merisenda
    Dedicated September 2015
    Merisenda ·
    • Flag

The other thoughts I had were maybe getting rainbow trim on the ruffles.

• Alyssa
    Master April 2015
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

Your best bet is talking to a seamstress to see if it is even a possibility. It looks like the one you posted is colored tulle placed under a plain tulle skirt. It seems like quite a lot of work. Maybe you can incorporate rainbow in your shoes somehow? Or accessories?

• Brittany H
    VIP August 2014
    Brittany H ·
    • Flag

^^^I think Alyssa has a great suggestion

• Mrs.Sinatra2B
    Expert August 2014
    Mrs.Sinatra2B ·
    • Flag

Ask the shop to talk to their seamstress and see what she suggests.

• Merisenda
    Dedicated September 2015
    Merisenda ·
    • Flag

I haven't bought the dress yet. This was only my second time dress shopping and I wanted to give myself some time before making any decisions. So far though - I really like this dress.

These are good suggestions though. The next time I do a fitting I will ask their seamstress.

• Mrs. F-u-...
    Master December 2014
    Mrs. F-u-... ·
    • Flag

Someone on here had a blue petticoat that popped out of the bottom of the dress. Maybe having layered petticoats of different colors would be easier? It would be pretty hot with all those layers though.

• Silan
    Master April 2015
    Silan ·
    • Flag

Could you add a rainbow sash with a long tail down the back? I like the boldness of the colors in the picture you posted better than the photoshopped version. it pops way more against the white of the dress.

• Merisenda
    Dedicated September 2015
    Merisenda ·
    • Flag

Yeah, if I were to get it altered I would want the colors more bold. I'm just worried that the fabric the dress is made of won't show the colors through that well (pic shown below).

So my options would be to

-get the dress custom made in different fabric. I haven't contacted them yet but Wedding Dress Fantasy (http://www.weddingdressfantasy.com/) seems like a possible option.

-get the dress as is and just get a rainbow veil or sash/shoes

-get the dress and then get rainbow trim (similar to second picture below) on the edges of the ruffles, which might be an easier alteration to do than getting colored fabric

• Annie & Javi
    Master October 2015
    Annie & Javi ·
    • Flag

Humm, what about a rhinestone sash that is all different colors? I'm sure you can find someone on etsy to make one for you. Or you can buy a plain sash and bedazzle your own.

• Merisenda
    Dedicated September 2015
    Merisenda ·
    • Flag

I'm also contemplating something like this. Sash could work - I'm just worried it won't go well with the details that go into the skirt.

• mlw
    Master December 2016
    mlw ·
    • Flag

I like it on the edges like that. Anyway I was just coming to find you... I saw this and thought of you Smiley smile

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_RainbowGarter-Set-30-2305_Ceremony-Wedding-Ceremony-Garters

• Merisenda
    Dedicated September 2015
    Merisenda ·
    • Flag

I love that! I am definitely planning on getting a rainbow garter. =)

• Brownie
    Super October 2014
    Brownie ·
    • Flag

Love your dress! IMHO I think that the colors in between would ruin it, however, you could add the rainbow colors underneath to extend out of the dress, like this:

• Donna
    Super September 2014
    Donna ·
    • Flag

@MrsBtobe - great idea & photo!

Merisenda - Oh I love the way the rainbow tulle petticoats look (under the dress). That way it shows a pop of color when you glide around in your lovely white dress.

• Mrs.Matthews
    Master January 2015
    Mrs.Matthews ·
    • Flag

I like adding the color through shoes,bouquet,jewelry etc. You could incorporate it through the BMs?

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics