Marie S. (aka Princess Leia)
Master October 2012

Sister Surprise

Marie S. (aka Princess Leia), on October 17, 2011 at 8:28 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 10
Saved Save

Called my lil Sis yesterday to ask her if she would like to be a BM and to check if I have budgeted correctly for Hair & Make-Up for me & the bridal party since she's a hair dresser at some hoitey-toitey shop & the manager. She says Yes on being a BM and she just assumed she'd being doing all of our hair. How nice I told her but I want her to have all of the primping that goes along w/ being a BM - she's insisting to do our hair & MU and I'm insisting that I don't want her to work on that day. Finally she agreed and will have 2 of her girls make us beautiful for the day and for well under budget. Such a nice sister moment :-)

10 Comments

• Angela
    Super September 2012
    Angela ·
    • Flag

Awww... What a great sister!!! And I'm happy to hear that you would not let her work that day. She deserves to be pampered too! Always nice to stay under budget Smiley smile

• P
    VIP August 2014
    Princess Bride ·
    • Flag

Awwww you have a great sister!! Cherish every moment!

• Kimpy
    Super October 2012
    Kimpy ·
    • Flag

Awesome! Do you know how you want your hair done yet?

• Sabrina
    Master November 2014
    Sabrina ·
    • Flag

Awww i love my sister moments, she knows ive been stressed with everything, not even Wedding related, and my mom and sister just gave me a massage package for my birthday..awww LOVE family

• Marie S. (aka Princess Leia)
    Master October 2012
    Marie S. (aka Princess Leia) ·
    • Flag

Haven't a clue other than it will be some kind of royal up do - I've got hair down to the middle of back. Yeah it was nice that she said she'd like to be in the wedding since we are not close by any means. Same with my other sis who has also agreed to be a BM. There's no drama behind it - both are 5 & 11 years younger than me. I left for the USMC at 18 & never really came back after I got out. That was 23 years ago. I talked w/ mom as I wasn't sure if I wanted either of them in the wedding - not to sound bridezilla but since I'm not close with them - as in we only talk at family functions Thanksgiving, Xmas, etc - I was really struggling with this. Mom was cool with whatever decision was made & told me to do what my heart said. I know they're my sisters & if I ever needed anything they'd be there & vise versa. I'm sure as we all get older things may change & I'd regret looking at my wedding album with no sisters in the pic.I'm so menopausal right now - I'm tearey eyed

• H
    Devoted September 2012
    Holly ·
    • Flag

Aw that's so sweet! I'm glad they've both agreed and maybe this will bring you guys closer together! And that's so nice that you're getting a great deal on hair and makeup Smiley smile

• Melissa
    Expert May 2012
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

That is so sweet of her! Yay for sisterly love Smiley smile

• Dancing Bride
    Expert June 2012
    Dancing Bride ·
    • Flag

How sweet! So glad your sister could work out such a great deal for you. And bravo to you for sticking to your guns and making sure she is pampered a bit that day too.

• LadyL
    Super October 2012
    LadyL ·
    • Flag

That's awesome! Very nice of her. Smiley smile This will help you with the budget for sure.

• Corinne S
    VIP November 2012
    Corinne S ·
    • Flag

What a sweet sister!

Comment on this discussion