CrystalQueenB
Master August 2016

Plastic Surgery

CrystalQueenB, on December 29, 2015 at 9:59 PM Posted in Fitness and Health 0 62
Saved Save

Anyone considering any kind of cosmetic surgery before their wedding? I'm thinking about having my teeth done (veneers), but I'm worried about facial swelling, I currently have braces!

62 Comments

• Mrs. RATR
    Master September 2016
    Mrs. RATR ·
    • Flag

What do you mean by having your teeth done?

• N
    VIP October 2015
    natalie ·
    • Flag

Do you mean getting veneers?

• CrystalQueenB
    Master August 2016
    CrystalQueenB ·
    • Flag

Yes veneers! I wear braces to correct my bite, but I don't want them in my wedding photos! I have 6 months to go, I'm not sure what direction I want to go...

• Shows2017
    Super September 2017
    Shows2017 ·
    • Flag

I getting my teeth whitening

• Mrs. RATR
    Master September 2016
    Mrs. RATR ·
    • Flag

This seems like a question for your orthodontist for sure! But to answer your question, I will probably get my teeth whitened and that'll be the extent of it.

• CrystalQueenB
    Master August 2016
    CrystalQueenB ·
    • Flag

My orthodontist thinks I should wait, because I still have baby teeth in the back that she wants to pull. Please don't ask me why do I still have baby teeth? nobody knows. I'm feeling a bit self-conscious, and just I want my wedding photos to look perfect!

• ZeldaBride
    Master April 2017
    ZeldaBride ·
    • Flag

My teeth haven't been the greatest for most of my life. TBH, they've been a constant source of shame and embarrassment for me. I was neglected as a teen and neglected myself, so I had a lot of plaque buildup, decay and red, inflamed gums in my mouth. I just recently visited my new dentist who has high hopes for me and assured me my case was not the worst he's seen. I now have 8 teeth covered in temporary crowns while we wait for my gums to be healthy and pink again. Once they are, I get my permanent crowns and possible a gum tissue graft, depending on where my gums finally settle at. I did all this because I'm tired of being ashamed to smile. Getting picture ready for the wedding was just the final kindling on the fire lit under my ass. Lol!

• Sqwiggy
    VIP April 2016
    Sqwiggy ·
    • Flag

I'm sending FH to the dentist his mouth is a mess due to years of neglect. He's getting some pulled and who knows what else.

• Heather
    VIP May 2016
    Heather ·
    • Flag

I know just how you feel! But for your overall health, make sure not to take your orthodontist opinion lightly.

• CrystalQueenB
    Master August 2016
    CrystalQueenB ·
    • Flag

@ZeldaBride congratulations. Your story is similar to mine, I grow up poor, and didn't receive proper care. Luckily my vegetarian lifestyle as a teen kept my teeth healthy. My fiance doesn't really understand my struggle because he didn't grow up like I did (poor). My jaw was broken and collarbone was broken at age 6 from a drunk driving accident. I'm just now correcting the damage smh

• Courtney
    VIP June 2016
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

I had braces for three years and about a year after I got them off, a gap formed and I'm so self conscious of it. I have been considering doing something about it for the wedding. I might go and have the gap filled, I don't know. That's just another cost I don't want but I want my teeth to look good in photos

• Steffane
    Expert November 2016
    Steffane ·
    • Flag

I got a tummy tuck and a breast lift. If anyone is considering anything like that, keep in mind you could face swelling up to a year post op, even though most people are good after three months.

• Delisa
    Master July 2016
    Delisa ·
    • Flag

The most I'm doing is teeth whitening.

• KitandKaboodle
    Master November 2016
    KitandKaboodle ·
    • Flag

The boys will be 2 years in August and we decided I would breatfeed until then. I know once I'm done, the girls will be in need of some work. I've already had a consultation with Dr. Terry Dubrow (Botched!) I have a follow-up appointment in July and we will make a decision whether I will have an augmentation or just a lift.

• Glam0rous
    VIP June 2016
    Glam0rous ·
    • Flag

@Kit&K

That is awesome I love him!! I know what you mean. I lost everything after i breastfed my two boys. It's just so much at this point with wedding costs. Can I ask you how much they quoted you if you don't mind me asking??

• CrystalQueenB
    Master August 2016
    CrystalQueenB ·
    • Flag

@Steffane I was considering a lift as well. I've been to 2 consultations already! I keep finding things to fix, ugh. Ladies will this ever end? Once I got engaged I got nutty, it's only been a month lol

• BvilleBride
    VIP September 2016
    BvilleBride ·
    • Flag

I had plastic surgery done on my face when I was five and fell with a glass cup in my hands off of cement steps. I almost lost my eye. Getting veneers isn't plastic surgery.

I actually do have veneers though on my front two teeth as one died from another fall, I must be really graceful.

My face didn't swell at all with veneers, but I only had two done. It was weird eating for a while, but now I forget I even have them.

ETA: spelling

• MrsMcDougall
    VIP May 2016
    MrsMcDougall ·
    • Flag

My FH has been working on his teeth for the better part of his life. We aren't sure if he'll be able to get all the bridge & veneer work done before the wedding, but he got his braces off before Thanksgiving and was able to get retainers with fake teeth placed where the gaps still are. He's started smiling with his mouth open in photos and I couldn't be happier because I know how much he didn't like the way his teeth looked.

• KitandKaboodle
    Master November 2016
    KitandKaboodle ·
    • Flag

Glam0rous, If I remember correctly, he quoted $4,000 - $5,000 for a breast lift and $7,500 - $10,000 for the augmentation. I've been saving for the past 5 months. I'm hoping he can fit me in late August or September.

• ZeldaBride
    Master April 2017
    ZeldaBride ·
    • Flag

I think a better title for the thread, @BvilleBride, would have been "Cosmetic Work". My stuff isn't surgery officially, but it is work I'm having done.

And thank you, @Crystal. It's definitely been a struggle. But it really amazes me that my story and yours are actually a lit more common than we (or at least I) think.

Comment on this discussion