Chrissy
Expert June 2014

Need Necklace Opinions

Chrissy, on September 29, 2013 at 10:25 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 21
Saved Save

I need some opinions. I bought this necklace over the weekend and really like it with my dress, but I've always envisioned more of a statement necklace. I then found a fuller illusion necklace on Etsy, but am not sure how it'll look or if it'll be too much. I wish I could try it before buying it. What do you all think? Is the one I have just enough, or do you like the chunkier one better?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/67811946/gorgeous-multistrand-white-peach?ref=favs_view_4

21 Comments

• D1
    Master October 2013
    D1 ·

I like the simplicity of the one you are wearing better than the clunkiness of the etsy one. Goes better with your dress. Simple and elegant.

• Mrs.Diercks
    Dedicated October 2013
    Mrs.Diercks ·

I agree. I think the one you have on is perfect with that dress. That dress is beautiful! I am having the same problem. I thought I really wanted a necklace that popped but can't find one I like that looks as good as the smaller ones. Stick with simple and elegant.

• May
    VIP October 2013
    May ·

I kinda like the etsy one more.

• HalloweenBride
    Master October 2013
    HalloweenBride ·

I like the etsy one more but I'm not sure I like either with the dress? But, jewelry has been one of the hardest things for me to decide on!

• Abby
    VIP May 2014
    Abby ·

I prefer the one you have on. I think the etsy one will be "fighting" your dress so to speak.

• Mrs V (Roe)
    Master August 2013
    Mrs V (Roe) ·

Either necklace would look nice but if you want to make a "statement", I think the Etsy one will do more of that. Btw, your gown is gorgeous and looks perfect on you. It looks so romantic if that makes sense.

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·

Your dress has a lot of detail - I'd stick with the necklace you already have so one doesn't try to compete with the other.

• Belais
    VIP October 2013
    Belais ·

I like the one you have on now. It seems more "delicate" (for lack of better term) and I think it goes well with the dress.

• Soonyee
    VIP June 2013
    Soonyee ·

I think I like the esty one more

• Andrea
    Devoted September 2013
    Andrea ·

I like the Etsy one. The one you have on is really simple and pretty, but I've had necklaces like that, and I worry that it would twist and tangle. If the Etsy one twists a bit you wouldn't even notice because it's more full.

• Future_Lobos
    VIP September 2013
    Future_Lobos ·

Love the one you have on. I kind of want it for myself

• Lacie23
    Super March 2014
    Lacie23 ·

I like the etsy one as well! I'm looking for a chunky statement necklace for myself as well!

• Lacie23
    Super March 2014
    Lacie23 ·

I like the etsy one as well! I'm looking for a chunky statement necklace for myself as well!

• Sarah
    Master August 2014
    Sarah ·

I like the one you have on now, and would do more up/down for the hair maybe to the side. I feel that would complete everything.

• D
    Master May 2014
    D ·

I like the one you have on. I'm not a fan of big necklaces.

• Mel W
    Expert March 2014
    Mel W ·

I like the statement one from etsy honestly. Im having the same problem. I got a necklace from etsy and its a statement piece but I haven't tried it on with my dress yet. Im thinking about charming charlies if it doesn't work with it though so I'll have more of a visual of how it looks on

• Courtney F
    VIP April 2014
    Courtney F ·

I like the one you are wearing, I think the etsy one might be too much.

• Trena
    Master July 2013
    Trena ·

I wore a statement necklace, so I'm all for the etsy one. But I think they both are very pretty.

• Love113
    Super September 2015
    Love113 ·

I like the one you already have. It goes well with your dress (:

• ItsGoodToBeKing
    Master February 2014
    ItsGoodToBeKing ·

The one you have on is more of my flavor because I love illusion and dainty elegance

Comment on this discussion