JoRocka
Master September 2016

MAKE-UP JUNKIES UNIT!

JoRocka, on December 31, 2015 at 2:25 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 122
Saved Save

Hi.

My name is Jo.

And I have a serious make up problem.

Actually I just bought Sephora lip stain cream last night in my new quest to find the perfect red lipstick for next year.

So come one come all- those who need safe haven for our make up problems/addiction and for those who need make up advice!!! Trust... because make up junkies love talking about make up!!!

also- if you're not picturing it up- you're wrong.

122 Comments

• Mrs. Kassy
    Master June 2015
    Mrs. Kassy ·

Does anyone have a morning makeup routine that is quick and easy? I would like to maybe put some makeup on before work, but I literally get out of bed 5 minutes before I have to leave, and ain't nobody got time for that in the morning. What do you all do for a quick makeover?

• JoRocka
    Master September 2016
    JoRocka ·

Bam sephora cream lip stain 01- always red.

It's okay. It's a little brighter than I wanted but it's beautiful and soft. It didn't crack all day but it also didn't hold up 100% to the hoagie I had for lunch. It's definitely still wearable with no touch ups but it definitely transferred. It's nice. 14$ well spent.

• Elyse
    Master September 2015
    Elyse ·

Have you found any good contouring palettes for beginners? I have tried some different products and I have a beauty blender but I either end up looking streaky or I blend it out so much that I don't see a difference.

• FormerUser
    Master July 2015
    FormerUser ·

I have the world's easiest and laziest morning routine. I use a tinted moisturizer for coverage, highlighter on the inside corners of my eyes, and mascara.

• JoRocka
    Master September 2016
    JoRocka ·

Actually- the face I have on above- is pressed powder with a winged liner and lipstick- I had a dinner date with friends- and I ran home to shower/change after the gym... home by 707- out the door by 721- included shower- clothes- liner and lost keys.

I'd say either BB cream and a liner or even just a nice pressed powder all over with a liner and lipstick.

that is less than 5 minutes.

my 5-10 min face is the one I wore if you saw my FWP mug- it's actual bb cream with all the basics- under 10 minutes to knock that out.

• S&P
    Master January 2017
    S&P ·

@Kassy I need that too! I have so much make up, but I really like sleep so I'm not about to get up early to put it on

@JoRocka my go to red right now is the Cruella lip pencil from Nars! I love it but it does NOT stay. I need to find a good lip stain. Any others you've tried?

• JoRocka
    Master September 2016
    JoRocka ·

@Elyse

Morphe sells a decent contour kit for 18.99- I have it and use it. It's okay.

But REALLY - the best contouring trick I have- are the Maybelline fit me foundation sticks- I use 130 for my dark contour- I used to use the super light one for highlight contour- but I have found using concealer as highighter is more efficient.

Who else just released one- I think a drug store came out with one-

but also- I use the Milian baked powdered also- I used one for contouring- and one for my day to day pressed powder- they are a great 10$ dupe for MAC skin finish products.

• S&P
    Master January 2017
    S&P ·

@Elyse I got the Smashbox #shapematters pallette and I love it

• m
    Master July 2015
    m ·

Kassy, I throw on some eyeliner, maybe do some spot foundation if I have a bad spot, fill in my brows and call it a day.

I would use mascara as my one-stop, but I don't have lashes, ha.

• JoRocka
    Master September 2016
    JoRocka ·

S & P- I'm jjjjuuuust starting to get back onto lip stains- I was ANTI lip stain when it first became a think b/c when that product first hit the market- they peeled- like it was a great idea but the formula was SO rough- it was great- then it peeled- and cracked- and you couldn't fix it.

So- I'm just starting back in- my go to lipsticks have been the Maybelline Mattes- they are amazing- I wear them WAY to much.

DNA cosmetics makes a great lip stain.

Sephora is making me really happy.

NYX- eh- I have 2- i returned one- and the other I use occasionally- they are soft- but I just don't love them.

Three others that are rated REALLY highly

Color Pop Cosmetics (6$/lippie)

Jeffery Star cosmetics (18$ I believe)

LA SPLASH cosmetics (10$- they say you can get these in a drug store- but I have yet to find them)

Miliani- just released lip stains- haven't seen them- no comment- but drug store pricing they are middling

MAC just released new cream stains- my local counter didn't have them- so I'm going to order on line- or go down to cherry hill and find them.

• JSmith2U
    Master March 2016
    JSmith2U ·

How do you hide bags and blemishes?

• Rebecca
    Master November 2015
    Rebecca ·

Kassy - my makeup routine is probably 3-5 minutes. BB cream is amazing. My quick routine is BB cream, powder (I have super oily skin), blush, a little liner, mascara, and brows. I overplucked when I was younger so I fill them in. That's my everyday look for work - if I'm going out I just add more mascara and eyeshadow. I don't wear lipstick much.

As an aside, if anyone has any great tricks for eyebrow regrowth, I would love to hear them! I feel like I've tried everything.

• Mrs. Kassy
    Master June 2015
    Mrs. Kassy ·

OMG YES to hiding bags! Teach me! Mine are awful.

• JoRocka
    Master September 2016
    JoRocka ·

Well- the obvious answer is... more sleep and water

But when that fails (because let's be honest- who has time for that)

CONCEALER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYX has a good one- like 6-10$ and super thick and creamy.

the RIMMEL one is really inexpensive and pretty good for low key stuff- good to experiment with.

Loreal magic light one- to expensive- not thick enough.

Urban Decay's is amazing.

Make up forever is coming out with a new one- they released it to their PR list- so we should see it in stores soon- it's excellent.

• MrsPlasters
    Super September 2015
    MrsPlasters ·

Kassy, I use a Murad pore and line minimizing moisturizer, origins eye cream, concealer, powder and sometimes a little eyeliner. I have really long lashes that I had tinted so no mascara needed. I usually put on lip gloss in the car after I drink my coffee...

• Mrs. Kassy
    Master June 2015
    Mrs. Kassy ·

So it's starting to sound like I really need some of this BB Cream stuff. What's the best kind?

• JSmith2U
    Master March 2016
    JSmith2U ·

This thread is the real MVP. My under eye circles are hereditary so the bags are like ten times worse. I'm going to get some concealer. Should it be a darker or lighter shade than the foundation I use?

Edited for grammar

• Amanda
    VIP May 2017
    Amanda ·

My make-up routine......

I use an e.l.f cover up, the contouring powder, a little bronzer or blush....a light gold & green eye shadow & mascara.

HELP!!!

The problem I am having is, I have red spots under my nose that annoy the living daylights out of me. Never saw a dermatologist so I'm unsure what is is exactly or if it can be treated. I need something better to cover it up. The stuff I am using now is fine for my skin sense it is sensitive and all but, it does not stay on all day covered up. I do have a nervous habit were I rub my nose a little and the makeup eventually just rubs off with it. I know I have to work on not rubbing my nose so much but, does anyone have an makeup advice.

• Elyse
    Master September 2015
    Elyse ·

Thanks! I'll check them out.

• mrs1780
    VIP September 2016
    mrs1780 ·

I was told by the lady who did my eyebrows the other week that castor oil helps with regrowth

Comment on this discussion