mrs
Devoted May 2011

Have you altered your Dream Wedding for your spouse?

mrs, on August 15, 2011 at 12:43 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 11
Saved Save

Ever since I was a wee one, I dreamed of the perfect tall dark and handsome man, with the perfect Christmas time wedding with crisp whites, deep reds and mistletoe. As soo as Mr. Perfect proposed, I knew id have to compromise. He is severely color-blind and can only for sure see yellow. That meant a springtime wedding with yellow annd bright things. I'm so glad I changed my dream to fit his vision because now when we look at pictures, he can SEE everything and is so happy. Smiley smile We now live in Santa Fe where I can view the most gorgeous Christmases ever now anyway.

11 Comments

• Rebecca
    VIP December 2011
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

Nope! It's coming along like I have always dreamed!

• Shannon
    Super April 2012
    Shannon ·
    • Flag

Nope Smiley smile My FH and I have agreed on everything except the photographer at this point - lets hope it stays that way!

• KT
    VIP October 2011
    KT ·
    • Flag

My plans have changed, but not because of my FH. I'm still pretty much getting whatever I want-FH and I have agreed on things so far. There are many things I thought I always wanted, then realized I don't want anymore.

By the way, welcome to New Mexico!

• Rosie
    Master June 2011
    Rosie ·
    • Flag

I didn't have a "dream wedding." I had a dream marriage, and I've got that. Our wedding did kick some serious ass though Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Devoted November 2011
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

The only thing I changed for FH was the season, I always wanted spring and he wanted November, its really not so bad cause planning it I think fall is perfect!!

• Future Mrs. S
    VIP July 2012
    Future Mrs. S ·
    • Flag

Nope, I haven't had to change anything. The only thing I ever really dreamed about for it though was that the ceremony would be outside in the summer, and I'd be wearing a ball gown and have a tiara.

• VIP August 2020
    ·
    • Flag

I haven't had to change anything yet! FH wants to take the garter off of me to "the thong song" tho and i'm not having it!!!!! lol It is the ONLY thing he is asking for and knowing me I'll give in- but not until I have to! lol

• Future Mrs. S
    VIP July 2012
    Future Mrs. S ·
    • Flag

@Karlyn z. - I think the thong song is better than Bad Touch by the Blood Hound Gang.. which is what my FH keeps insisting that he wants! I really hope he's joking!

• 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride ·
    • Flag

I don't know that I ever dreamed of a wedding. However, my ideal wedding would be tiny--no more than 20 or 30 people. For my first wedding, the groom felt we had to invite everyone up to his first cousins once removed, so we ended up with about 80 people, most of them from his side of the family. Fortunately, for my second wedding, we got to have the tiny wedding--just a dozen people. And then, three days later, we got to have an evening reception with dancing for all our friends back home--something I never got for my first wedding, which was a morning wedding followed by lunch.

• Christina
    VIP June 2012
    Christina ·
    • Flag

Nope! =) He is marrying me in the church I grew up in and we are having the reception where my parents had their reception! =)

• ReneeandKevin
    Devoted August 2011
    ReneeandKevin ·
    • Flag

I don't think i ever had a dream wedding. As a kid the only thing I know I ever would need is someone that could make me happy. FGor the most part we have the some idea of what we want for the wedding.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics