Katie
Super June 2014

Hairpiece or Veil...

Katie, on April 17, 2014 at 1:51 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 15
Saved Save

Need a little help ladies. Here is my dress, necklace, and what I think I want to do with my hair. I'm leaning towards not having a veil because I just don't like them. I haven't been able to find a veil that I like enough or looks right with my dress. I was thinking about trying to find a hair clip that matches my necklace/belt somewhat. What do you think?

15 Comments

• Abby
    VIP May 2014
    Abby ·
    • Flag

If you aren't loving a veil don't do it. I love the accessories in the pics! I think they will look amazing with your dress!!!

• KimS
    Master September 2014
    KimS ·
    • Flag

I love that idea. It looks beautiful!!

• Angetothela
    Devoted November 2014
    Angetothela ·
    • Flag

It's gorgeous! I'm not big on veils either and I was also just thinking of doing a hairpiece. I am actually leaning towards a juliet cap though!

• Emma
    Master October 2024
    Emma ·
    • Flag

Love the necklace! A hair clip is probably a good idea. Also, if you don't want a veil, you might want to consider a flower crown. A pic of mine is below.

• FutureMrsC
    VIP December 2015
    FutureMrsC ·
    • Flag

I think a hairpiece would look great with it. A veil would take away from your dress, which is beautiful!!

• MorganRene
    Dedicated November 2014
    MorganRene ·
    • Flag

Love the hairpiece idea. I agree with you on veils....it seems like wasted money since you only wear it for pictures and the ceremony, too. Where did you get your necklace? Everything looks great together!

• KayDwitWill
    Master May 2015
    KayDwitWill ·
    • Flag

I vote hairpiece. Your dress is amazing and a veil would take away from it. Plus you don't like them anyways...

• M
    Master August 2014
    Miss S. ·
    • Flag

I would probably do neither. You already have a lot with the belt and the necklace. Are you wearing earrings?

• Katie
    Super June 2014
    Katie ·
    • Flag

MorganRene - I bought my necklace on Etsy from "IreneJewelry" - It came all the way from Israel!

Miss S. - I am wearing earrings, but they are just plain pearl studs.

• Ashleigh
    Master November 2013
    Ashleigh ·
    • Flag

You could always just wear the veil the ceremony, or of course, no veil at all.

I had never wanted to veil and then got caught up in the whole veil thing, even bought three of them! I had a beautiful barrette (simliar to the one in your third picture) which I knew I was going to wear. The day of the wedding, I wasn't feeling any of the veils so just the barrette is was! And I still felt like a bride Smiley smile So, your first instinct not to wear a veil is probably the one that will prevail-go with your gut.

• M
    Super September 2014
    mrs_in_september14 ·
    • Flag

If you don't love the veil don't do the veil, I love what you have so far! I can't find the store in etsy Smiley sad

• DisneyNut
    Master October 2014
    DisneyNut ·
    • Flag

Hair piece and I want that hair too. Very similar to what I am wanting to do with mine.

• Katie
    Super June 2014
    Katie ·
    • Flag

Https://www.etsy.com/shop/IreneJewelry?ref=l2-shopheader-name

This is her page - but there's a note that says she's on vacation. Not sure if that is a permanent vacation or a real vacation.

• vanessanini
    Dedicated April 2014
    vanessanini ·
    • Flag

Go for what you want. I love the hair clip idea.

• Ashley
    Dedicated October 2014
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

I LOVE your necklace!! I so wish I had one of those. Pearls just don't go with my dress b/c it's full of crystals. Darn!

Comment on this discussion