We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

A
Just Said Yes June 2016

Groomsmen drops out of wedding

Ariane, on May 26, 2016 at 9:27 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 32
Saved Save

My FI and I are two weeks out from our wedding, and one of his groomsmen just TEXTED him saying he can't be in the wedding because it's the only day he can have his bachelor party for his own wedding. He assured my FI that he would be there for him, but now has totally backed out! It will be so hard to replace him, as we only have 2 weeks until the wedding. I am really sad for my FI, because this is one of his close friend.

32 Comments

• JillR
    VIP September 2016
    JillR ·
    • Flag

That totally sucks. But you DON'T replace him. It's two weeks away.

• JoRocka
    Master September 2016
    JoRocka ·
    • Flag

You don't replace people. He isn't a prop. He dropped out. He's a douch.

Call it and move on.

• Future Mrs. Webb!
    Master October 2017
    Future Mrs. Webb! ·
    • Flag

That's a dick move on his part. Don't replace him though--it's okay to have an uneven bridal party.

• Brooke
    Devoted November 2017
    Brooke ·
    • Flag

That sucks! I'm sorry you guys are dealing with this. I wouldn't replace him though. Just move on with whoever you have

• Beutivant
    Master May 2016
    Beutivant ·
    • Flag

1) Please do not replace him. You can have uneven numbers in your BP.

2) DA FUQ? So he isn't coming to the wedding at all? Because of his bachelor party? How long has he known that he was a GM? How long has be himself been engaged? There is either more to this story, or this guy is a MAJOR Twat-waffle and obviously a terrible friend. I am so sorry for you and your FH.

3) PLEASE DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT REPLACING HIM.

• GymRat
    Master May 2017
    GymRat ·
    • Flag

So when his boys asked his schedule, he didn't tell them, "not this date 'cause I'm in a wedding?"

Anyway, you don't replace him. You can still get married with one less groomsman.

• BicycleBuiltForTwo
    Master September 2016
    BicycleBuiltForTwo ·
    • Flag

Echoing PPs, don't replace him. Uneven parties are fine, and your replacement will know he was a backup pick.

• FutureKL
    VIP September 2017
    FutureKL ·
    • Flag

Yeah, that guy sucks. No need to replace him though! It will surely offend the "replacements". Like hey, you are my second choice! Come join us!

Blessing in disguise.. No one wants a friend like that.

• Ashley589
    Super August 2016
    Ashley589 ·
    • Flag

What a douche!!!

Please give more detail about the story. I can't believe someone would be that heartless!

• FutureMrsMaidenName
    VIP August 2017
    FutureMrsMaidenName ·
    • Flag

You don't replace him, as PPs stated, and also as PPs stated - what a douche!

• JennV
    Master October 2017
    JennV ·
    • Flag

First of all, don't replace him. There's no need to do that. I think its awful to text someone that you are dropping out. Grow a pair.... especially because of your own bachelor party... so I guess your FH isn't invited??? Why can't he choose a different day then your wedding? That's bizarre and selfish.

• Alissa
    Dedicated July 2016
    Alissa ·
    • Flag

That is so messed up! I am so sorry you and you FH have to deal with that.

• mimitrue
    Master January 2016
    mimitrue ·
    • Flag

Wow, that is horrible. And selfish. I am so sorry. Do not replace him though. Breathe and know that everything will be fine without him. That is seriously sucky behavior though on his part.

• A
    Just Said Yes June 2016
    Ariane ·
    • Flag

He has known he was a groomsmen for over 7 months now. They have been friends for over 4 years, and I just seen him last week and everything seemed okay. What's worse is they work together. They both requested, and was granted that day off for our wedding. Am I to think he has known all along that he wouldn't be a GM in our wedding? And no, he isn't coming to the wedding since his bachelor party is now on that day. So that's a cost we will have to eat as well.

• GymRat
    Master May 2017
    GymRat ·
    • Flag

He's an asshole.

• melanie
    Master August 2017
    melanie ·
    • Flag

That sucks and is a dick move on his part but I wouldn't worry about replacing him, you don't have to

• melanie
    Master August 2017
    melanie ·
    • Flag

That sucks and is a dick move on his part but I wouldn't worry about replacing him, you don't have to

• OG Brittany
    Master December 2016
    OG Brittany ·
    • Flag

Definitely a dick move. But like everyone else is saying, I wouldn't replace him. Just keep moving forward with things as planned. It will only cause you more stress to attempt to replace him so close to the wedding.

• A
    Just Said Yes June 2016
    Ariane ·
    • Flag

Thank you all for replying. I just needed some helpful input. I will take the advice giving, and not replace him. However, I can see my FI is bothered by this, and I hate that.

• MrsBurns
    Expert June 2016
    MrsBurns ·
    • Flag

My wedding is the same day as yours and this happen to us but it was one of his cousin's. At first we were going to have 2 girls walk with one guy to even it out but he found a replacement and the tuxedo place said it was okay so we were in luck. My FH was pretty upset at his cousin but I told him things will work out for us.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles