Tiffany Morris
Super October 2012

Fall Weddings

Tiffany Morris, on January 13, 2012 at 8:29 PM Posted in Planning 0 33
Saved Save

So I'm debating my wedding colors....golds, browns, and burgundies. What do yall think? I love the rustic wood cake bases and stuff like that. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

33 Comments

• The Polka Dot Queen ©
    Master July 2012
    The Polka Dot Queen © ·

I would recommend choosing one of those colours and then going with a less conventional 'fall colour' that will compliment that. I have been to so many weddings this fall all with a brown and orange colour scheme. Be original!

• Rhea
    Devoted September 2013
    Rhea ·

My wedding is in the fall and I was going to go with red and orange as my colors but my FH hates that. I also played around with different non-traditional fall colors but ended up with Black and Burgundy as my colors. The more I see them being put together the more I love it. I am not a huge fan of brown. I think it gets washed out too easily. Especially if its an outdoor reception. It just won't stand out. Remember just because it is in the fall does not mean you HAVE to choose fall colors. I agree with Judith, be original!

• T
    VIP July 2012
    Tiny Dancer ·

I fell in love with this color palette on pinterest. It's a very modern take on Fall.

• Elisa
    VIP November 2012
    Elisa ·

Our colors are lime green and navy blue... I didn't even think about the season when picking our colors.

• Kimberly
    VIP October 2012
    Kimberly ·

We arent doing fall colors My fh hates red and orange.so we are going with winter colors in the fall. Blue black and silver

• Patrice
    Super October 2012
    Patrice ·

We are going with fall colors: burnt orange, cranberry red, and a yellowish gold. However our theme is, "Our season, our time" or vice versa. And I've found a really cute sand hour glass to put around some leaves and candles for the gift table or guest book.

• K
    Master October 2012
    Kat ·

We're having the standard Fall colors - Mostly brown and orange with some deep reds. Our venue has a rustic cabin feel with exposed beams, pipes and brick walls so I think the colors are really going to look great in our venue!

Instead of flower petals, my FG is going to toss leaves. Our centerpieces will be manzanita trees with hanging candles and FSIL who is doing our cupcakes just sent me this picture and I LOVE this idea for our cupcakes!!

• Nay-Nay
    VIP January 2020
    Nay-Nay ·

I definitely love the golds, browns, and burgandy but just as Judith suggested I would take one of those basic fall colors and compliment with something that is different...originally i was thinking orange and brown but then FH brother had that for his wedding so I went with the orange but instead i went with navy blue as the second color - orange and yellow is nice....i've attached a chart with a bunch of colors

• Kimberly
    VIP October 2012
    Kimberly ·

Katie thats a cute idea for cupcakes

• K
    Master October 2012
    Kat ·

Thanks Kimberly! I think it will really tie in the Fall theme I'm going for!

• Kara
    Super May 2013
    Kara ·

I am a November baby so Im so over fall colors. I kept asking FH what colors he wants. I know he loves Teal so I offered Teal & Purple or Teal & Hot Pink he said he liked the Teal & Hot Pink better. I know its not the season for that but unless I get him change to Teal, Purple & silver.

• The Polka Dot Queen ©
    Master July 2012
    The Polka Dot Queen © ·

Kara, I know you're over fall colours, and I am so not someone who thinks your colours need to 'match' your season, but teal and chocolate are really pretty together...

• Crystal
    Dedicated September 2012
    Crystal ·

Our wedding is in the beginning fall season and we decided to go with the colors Cranberry Red, Black with a little bit of white.

Our theme is "Candlelight Romance"... we didn't want to use browns or oranges because it seem that everyone uses those colors in the fall season and we wanted to do these colors because we want our guest to feel the love that my fiance and I share so deeply.

• Jennifer
    Super November 2011
    Jennifer ·

I did a fall wedding, and instead of a few colors, I did fall colors. All of them. It was fun and turned out really well. Here is a picture of our centerpieces, real flowers, I did the centerpiece flowers myself, and a picture of my wedding bouquet. We also did a lot of fall leaves, lots of red and orange and brown for ceremony decoration (instead of flower petals). If I would have had more money, I would have done chair covers and sashes in either gold or burgundy. Fall has SO many colors, I enjoyed using lots of them interchangeably.

• Jessica
    Master September 2017
    Jessica ·

I love fall colors, but since our wedding got moved up from October to September we are focusing on red and ivory with accents in the browns and golds... Its a little early for fall but I didnt want to start my colors all over again.

• Mrs.
    Super October 2011
    Mrs. ·

We did pink and peach. Is it customary to pick a feminine and a masculine color like pink and blue? I dont know, we went with what we liked. I did not have colors or a theme in mind when we started planning, pink and peach just grew on me. Go with what you like. A cousin of mine got married in october too, he went with brown and pink. The invitations were terrible, the brown was so dark, the pink ink could barely be read! He caught hell for that!

• Pan
    Master March 2012
    Pan ·

I'm of the You Don't Need To Pick Your Colors Based On Season school of thinking. You can pick any colors you want. Don't limit yourself. I think colors that contrast with the fall leaves look beautiful for a fall wedding. They don't blend in or look too matchy. I love this site for color inspiration: http://design-seeds.com/index.php/search

• ~*Mrs.J*~
    VIP October 2012
    ~*Mrs.J*~ ·

Jennifer A- I love your bouquet!!! Getting something very similar! We are doing Chocolate brown and Clover green. However, our centerpieces with have a lot of fall colors as well.. I love fall and everything about it!!

• Cynthia B
    VIP October 2016
    Cynthia B ·

We are having a fall wedding, and I can't say that we picked colors that to match the season, we just picked what we liked. Wine for the bridal party and light blue for the men. Our theme is more "Victorian Romance" and there will be lots of flowers in all differnt colors.

• C.T.&J.J1014
    Expert October 2014
    C.T.&J.J1014 ·

We are doing a fall wedding too - I chose to do browns reds and orange - I love fall its my favorite season! But my bridesmaids are wearing different color dresses (same style) so I have dark brown, green, a dark purple, red, and a rustic orange. It ties in together and our centerpieces are going to be pumpkins with flowers in some and drilled patterns with candles in others.

Comment on this discussion