Mrs. M fka Sami B
Master June 2012

Bridesmaid Dresses!

Mrs. M fka Sami B, on January 4, 2012 at 3:15 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 14
Saved Save

I'm struggling with bridesmaid dresses. I've got a bridal party that ranges in dress sizes from a 10 to 18 and size B cup to size F cup and a bridesmaid that will be 8 months pregnant at the wedding. If anyone has pics of their bridesmaid dresses I'd love some inspiration, even better would be pics of the actual bridal party so I can get a feel for dress styles on real bridesmaids.

Also I'm getting very frustrated that so many places don't offer samples larger than a 12, how will we know what looks good if only the size 10 bridesmaid can try on the dress? I'm a size 12 and I'm starting to feel dumb trying on bridesmaid dresses so that my bridal party can see how they "might" look.

Thanks!

14 Comments

• Caren Jeanty
    March 2020
    Caren Jeanty ·
    • Flag

Have you taken a look at the bridesmaid dresses from Jim Hjelm?

• Pumpkin's Sunshine
    Master October 2011
    Pumpkin's Sunshine ·
    • Flag

I took my ladies to David's Bridal. They had sample sizes up to 18. I let them try on all different styles to get one that matched their personal body type. They ended up all choosing the same dress though and it looked good on all of them.

• Mrs. M fka Sami B
    Master June 2012
    Mrs. M fka Sami B ·
    • Flag

I've never had a great experience at David's Bridal either as a bridesmaid or the one time I went in to try on dresses. I'm pretty unwilling to go there although I know it would make my life easier since they carry a wide range of sizes.

• Ashley
    VIP December 2011
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

Here are mine - 3 of the girls live out of state, so we also went w/ DB since it was the only bridal shop in all 4 of our cities. I let the girls choose their own dresses since they obviously have very different body shapes (incl. 2 pregnant gals!).

• Mrs. M fka Sami B
    Master June 2012
    Mrs. M fka Sami B ·
    • Flag

Excellent pics ladies!

• Ashley
    VIP December 2011
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

FWIW - I had a great experience @ DB w/ my dress, and I don't believe any of my BM's had any trouble. I know they can be very hit or miss, but they do have a pretty big selection of dresses in all sizes (my girls ranged from a pregnant 6 to a non-pregnant 20).

• That one chick who's married to that one dude
    Master April 2012
    That one chick who's married to that one dude ·
    • Flag

Alfred Angelo and Eden's Bridal have larger sizes. When your BMs get measured, they will pick the best size for them that matches bust, hips and waist. As long when they get measure that the company has the size, it should be fine. Also A-lines are pretty good on basically anyone.

• Jen P.
    Master January 2012
    Jen P. ·
    • Flag

Here's my MOH in her dress Smiley smile We got them on sale from DB. It worked really well and my girls are a 0, 6, 10 & 16.

• Krista
    VIP May 2012
    Krista ·
    • Flag

Just let them choose their own dresses. That is what i am doing. I have 7 girls all with different bodies and different dress styles. So i am simply choosing the color and length and a designer and letting them have at it.

• Nicole
    Master November 2011
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

My girls wore black cocktail dresses of their choice. I wanted them to buy something that suited their body and was within their budget. It turned out beautifully.

• Kimpy
    Super October 2012
    Kimpy ·
    • Flag

Here is a picture of my MOH's wedding. The 2nd girl in was pregnant. I think she just went to a local shop and let the girls try on what they wanted and felt comfortable in.

Edit: Here is a pic of the front

• Anonymous
    Super April 2012
    Anonymous ·
    • Flag

Db is where we are going and have went too... Try again with them you might be shocked... =] Beautiful dresses and pics ladies btw

• Cydney J (Cydney M)
    Master October 2011
    Cydney J (Cydney M) ·
    • Flag

What if you choose the color for your girls and had them choose a dress that best fit their body type??? I love when brides do that.

I only had 3 total, 2 of the girls are the exact same size and the other is very petite.

These were the dresses they choose...I told them color and length...they chose their dresses...the BM ended up choosing the exact same dress and MOH was in a different style.

• sequoia04
    Dedicated May 2011
    sequoia04 ·
    • Flag

My 3 girls got their dresses from David's Bridal. I picked the color and I said they could pick whatever dresses they wanted. They all agreed to go with tea length and looked mostly the same. I didn't want to even try to pick out a dress for all of them since my twin has a body like mine--short, plus sized and pear-shaped, my older sister is tall and thin, and my sister-in-law is tall, plus-sized and fuller at the bust.

I think they all looked nice.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics