Valerie
VIP September 2013

Brides with long hair

Valerie, on July 24, 2013 at 2:29 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 28
Saved Save

I'm growing my hair out for the wedding than SNIP!

Is anyone else chopping their long hair off after the wedding? And do you have your "married" style picked out?

This is what I am thinking of doing. I look at it, and I see FREEDOM!

28 Comments

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

Yes. I've already warned FH. Short and straight (my hair is naturally curly).

he doesn't care. told me to cut it now LOL

• Out the Window
    Master May 2014
    Out the Window ·
    • Flag

I was actually thinking of getting my hair permed with big loose waves. Not even sure if that's possible....

• Mrs. Potter
    Expert July 2013
    Mrs. Potter ·
    • Flag

I might chop my hair a little after the wedding, but I'm not sure yet. I am actually thinking of dying it a little because I haven't done that in years!

• Shannon
    Master August 2013
    Shannon ·
    • Flag

Yeah I'm planning to cut mine and need to figure out what to do with it as far as my married hairstyle

• PurpleSun
    Master September 2013
    PurpleSun ·
    • Flag

@OTW - it is possible. My mom had farrah fosset waves when she was in college. (also had giant glasses - was hillarious)

I want to chop my hair, by FH promised he would give me weekly scalp massages if I didnt. Bliss ^_^

• Catrapoin
    Expert November 2014
    Catrapoin ·
    • Flag

I FINALLY found the cut that works for me- short and adorable! But.... now I'm growing it out for the wedding. Then BAM! That shit is getting cut! Hell, I might just say F that noise and get extensions for the wedding instead. Long hair drives me crazy. In my job I have to pull it back and up anyway, and I put it up working out and usually on the weekends too, so it's pointless really.

• PurpleSun
    Master September 2013
    PurpleSun ·
    • Flag

My hair was like this 2 years ago, but now it is halfway down my back....

I kind want to do the 2nd pic after the wedding Smiley tongue

• Out the Window
    Master May 2014
    Out the Window ·
    • Flag

If my head wasn't the shape of a large pumpkin, I'd totally rock Katie Holmes mom bob.

• Val
    Master May 2013
    Val ·
    • Flag

I have long hair and I always told my dh that after the wedding I'm chopping it off.. It's been 2 months since our wedding and I still haven't cut it.. I don't know what hair style I want or how short. We will see.

• Kelly
    Devoted November 2013
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

YES!! I have been growing my hair out since December!! But I swear as soon as we get back form the honeymoon its GONE!!! at least to a manageable length... not ear lobe short but probably shoulder length! I'm glad I'm not the only one with this plan!

• Laura Nicole
    VIP October 2013
    Laura Nicole ·
    • Flag

Yup! I'm so ready to cut it. I've had it short before, so I'll probably go back to a similar style. I want it above my shoulders!

• Laudie
    Master October 2013
    Laudie ·
    • Flag

If I cut my hair short it would look like a ball of frizz

• A
    Master April 2014
    Angel J ·
    • Flag

I had long hair my entire childhood, when i was 17 i got it cut up to my shoulders, with the bottom razed in a curl from my ears to my shoulders, i loved it. Now its long again so i can wear it in different styles for my wedding day, but after the wedding, im making an appt with a hairdresser in the town we honeymoon in, and having this shiz cut off at the shoulders. Im thinking just straight line though, i dont want to pay extra for the razing.

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

Love that second pic @PurpleSun

• KristnH
    Master November 2013
    KristnH ·
    • Flag

Mine was down to my waist, but my hair stylist for the wedding asked if she could cut/style it a bit so that it would hold curl better.

Now it's not quite to my elbow & I'm SO ready to chop it! I've mentioned going the day after the wedding to cut it but we'll see.

I like Katie Holmes' bob, or Jennifer Aniston's, but my hair is so fine and straight it's a PITA :p

• Mrs. Butler
    VIP August 2013
    Mrs. Butler ·
    • Flag

I have been growing mine out for a long time too. I want to cut it after the wedding into a long bob, but I feel like I might regret it.

• Ashley
    VIP September 2014
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

I've always had long hair and I am pretty sure my hair would look terrible super short but I love the look on others!

• ECM
    Master November 2013
    ECM ·
    • Flag

I'm having this issue too. I would like to chop it off after the wedding. I want an up-do but it's harder with long hair without it looking like a bee-hive.

• MiaLee
    Devoted October 2013
    MiaLee ·
    • Flag

I'm so dang tempted but I just don't know. FH really likes my hair long but I cant take much more of it. I love it when I have time to style it and everything.... but I can't stand taking 20+ minutes just to blow dry it

• Jules
    Master January 2014
    Jules ·
    • Flag

I have an entire Pinterest board entitled "Chopping my hair off after the wedding," not gonna lie - part of the reason I wanted to leave Tues instead of Mon for our HM was so I could get my hair cut before Puerto Rico.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics