M
Devoted May 2018

Alcohol

Monnie, on May 10, 2018 at 11:02 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 8
Saved Save
Hello Ladies!!!
I need your opinions. How many beers should we buy for the reception? We have roughly 70 people coming and not all of them drink. We have 12 bottles of white wine and 12 of red. The estimators say 350 but I think thats too much. We were thinking 250 might be enough, but idk. Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks in advance

8 Comments

• F
    Expert May 2019
    FutureMrs.S ·
    • Flag

I would err on the side of caution and get the 350 for beer. You can always return anything that isn't opened if you are purchasing this yourself and just tell your bartenders to not open all of the beer right away.

• Kendra
    Dedicated November 2019
    Kendra ·
    • Flag
    I used to work at a wine, liquor, and more store and we always advised get more and return if it's too much. I've seen people come in during the reception time to restock because they ran out and it was crazy.
  • Alysia
    Devoted September 2018
    Alysia ·
    • Flag

I believe the general rule of thumb is to expect guests to drink 1-2 drinks the first hour and one each hour after that. If you know a significant portion of your crowd does not drink, I think you're safe going for 250. If only a couple people don't drink, I'd stick with around 300

• J'Neil
    Devoted September 2018
    J'Neil ·
    • Flag
    Sorry for the unrelated interruption, but a friendly reminder there are more than just ladies on here! Smiley smile
  • M
    Devoted May 2018
    Monnie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am truly sorry. I have forgotten the amazing gentlemen on here. My apologies.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I think the rule of thumb is to estimate 1 drink per person per hour. So you may be able to do that and it will even out with the people that don't drink and the people that drink more? It sounds like you'll have around 140 glasses of wine. So for a 4 hour reception (guessing) with 70 people, that's 280 drinks. So maybe get 140 bottles of beer?

• F
    Devoted August 2018
    futuremrs ·
    • Flag
    I would go with more than less, you don’t want to run out. And it all depends on your guests. Like I know my group of friends can drink so I’m worried about the venue not supplying enough lmao
  • M
    Devoted May 2018
    Monnie ·
    • Flag
    Thanks everyone...I appreciate all the input

Comment on this discussion