TheKnotTyer Reviews

TheKnotTyer 5
TheKnotTyer 6
TheKnotTyer 7

Lauren · Married on 12/07/2018

Scott is a warm, friendly, welcoming person who just lights up your day. He is very engaging and enthusiastic about YOU!

Scott is a gem! He goes above and beyond to make your day special. He does everything in his power to get to know yall as a couple. We met with 4 officiants and we just knew he was the ONE for us.

Kaley · Married on 11/13/2018

Scott was perfect!

Scott was famtastic. He did so much more than marry us. He gave great advice on “staying in the moment”, keeping us calm, and even tips and tricks for the photographer. He took our 10 person wedding and made it feel like 50. He has a passion for this that you can feel. I trusted him completely and he did not disappoint. Thank you Scott!

• Erika

Erika Warfield · Married on 10/27/2018

Scott Payne (The Knot Tyer) is PHENOMENAL!!!

On a gorgeous autumn day in the Hill Country, my husband and I had the honor and blessing of becoming one with each other in the Holy Spirit on the banks of the Colorado River.

I know I speak for the both of us when I say that running off to elope in Marble Falls and be wed by Scott Payne, The Knot Tyer, was an utterly joyful, intimate, romantic, humbling, holy, fun, and precious moment that neither of us will ever forget with many confirmations of the Spirit before, during, and after our covenant ceremony.

Getting to the site was an adventure, as the flooding that slammed the Hill Country had receded within the week of our arrival. And, Scott very sweetly gave us several options as to sites we could use at the last minute if we did not like the first site. But once we were at the altar under the enormous trees that withstood the weeks' worth of torrential rains and flooding, it was an amazingly symbolic, peaceful scene... and God was there to meet us in all His Glory. We remained at that first location.

Unspeakable joy and gratitude filled us for sure, so much so that while Pastor Scott sang his original song, "Let's Start Forever Today", we broke out into spontaneous dancing, which I think may have caught everyone including ourselves off-guard. But... seeing as we met dancing in a Ballroom Dance class, it was a wonderful impromptu throw-back. Knowing, too, that Pastor Scott was once in a band that opened for Journey when Steve Perry was lead singer made dancing even more fun.

We are still looking for a suitable place to hang the God-Knot we braided together as a part of our ceremony now that we are back home. ;-)

Scott Payne was so much more than our Wedding Minister! He was, also, the Director of Photography and Lighting at times, as well as the Wedding Singer and Wedding Planner! We cannot thank Scott enough for everything he did. In fact, everyone who has seen my sister's video of the wedding said that it was the most beautiful and spiritual ceremony that they had ever witnessed.

There are not enough words to express our gratitude to Scott for being there to usher in God's greatness with his beautiful servant's heart and fatherly spirit!

Christina · Married on 10/06/2018

Scott was absolutely the best officiant that we could have had at the wedding. He kept the entire bridal party and all guests entertained and included in the ceremony. He made sure that everyone was present. We will remember the ceremony for the rest of our lives.

Sharna · Married on 09/06/2018

Where do I even start!? Scott was SO fantastic it's all any of my family and friends have been talking about since my wedding two weeks ago. After our initial in-person meeting, Scott put together a lovely personalised ceremony for us and then worked with us and we went back and forth tweaking pieces to make it our own. He encouraged us as we wrote our own vows and went along with a surprise, quirky touch we added in at the last minute and ensured it went off without a hitch. Our whole ceremony was fun and loving and truly suited my now HUSBAND and I to a tee. It was perfect and that was all thank you to Scott and his professionalism, communication, energy and awesome personality. Thank you Scott!

Madeline · Married on 09/02/2018

Scott is FANTASTIC! We highly recommend him for anyone's wedding, he'll make you feel calmed, engaged and prepared during and leading up to the wedding day! He was always a quick call away to answer any questions and truly had my husband's and my best interest in mind. Our family and friends are still raving about what a wonderful ceremony he performed!

Adam · Married on 06/18/2018

Scott was terrific. He made us feel at ease throughout the lead up to and during the ceremony. His personality is amazing. Our friends and family commented what an great job Scott did all night of the wedding. We would recommend Scott to any future bride and groom looking for an officiant for their wedding.

Mandy · Married on 06/09/2018

Where to even begin with Scott...he was an absolute blessing to us and our family for our 5/5/18 wedding. From the very beginning he was so helpful in answering my endless questions and made us feel so comfortable! Especially on the day of. He made us feel so relaxed, it was like Scott was a part of the family! From the bottom of my heart I can’t thank you enough for all you did for us. Your words were the perfect mix of funny and sweet, the whole family absolutely adored you. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. Thanks again Scott!!!

TheKnotTyer 8

Marqueta · Married on 06/09/2018

We were introduced to Scott by our wedding planner and let me add he came highly recommended by nee since she worked with him in the past. We didn't meet face to face until our wedding day but you would have thought we know each other for years. Scott is such a outgoing bubbly person and can just tell he really loves what he does, he gave us ideas on how the ceremony would go based on our info sheets we filled out about ourselves and family dynamic(becoming a blended family) we created a ceremony that was just right for us. Scott made us feel so relaxed and made sure our nerves didn't get the best of us, all of our guest were raving about how good he was and how they enjoyed the ceremony one of the things we loved the most was it didn't sound scripted at all Scott the information and can tell he reviewed it so he would be prepared he even threw in a few jokes and it worked! If you need an officiant look no further contact "The Knot Tyer" you won't be disappointed

TheKnotTyer 9
    TheKnotTyer 10
    TheKnotTyer 11

Sarah · Married on 05/30/2018

He was so friendly and experienced. He guided us though every step of the way from getting everything planned, how to get the best pictures and how to take care of things like name change. He made the ceremony fun and helped with our nerves! I highly recommend Scott for your special day

TheKnotTyer 12

Peter · Married on 05/27/2018

We had the perfect wedding - Scott was fantastic as both our minister and our DJ. A very caring person who genuinely sees the love and happiness in everyone. He took time to get to know us to come up with the perfect ceremony for us. Highly recommend!

Rae · Married on 05/18/2018

We were so very pleased with Scott. He made our ceremony of two very special and seamless; and we really enjoyed his passionate delivery! He accommodated our request of using scripture that was meaningful to us and even chose a song that was just perfect for us.
    After the ceremony, he was most generous to take photos for us and went above and beyond helping with poses. Although our time together was short, we felt like we had known him for years. I felt like God led us to him. If you are looking for someone to add that special touch, Scott is your guy!

TheKnotTyer 13
    TheKnotTyer 14
    TheKnotTyer 15

Jennifer · Married on 04/15/2018

Scott was an awesome officiant! He made us feel at ease and so comfortable throughout the whole process. He easily kept the guests engaged during the ceremony and made it feel like we were long time friends. We had so many guests compliment the ceremony and who thought we had known each other for years. Highly recommend Scott!!

Rebecca · Married on 04/14/2018

I truly don't know where to start when it comes to Scott. I saw his photo on The Knot and I instantly knew he would be officiating our wedding. His smile was infectious and I immediately felt joy. Upon meeting him, it was like joining up with an old friend. We sat with him for two hours past our originally scheduled one hour meet. He was incredible!!! We spoke on so many topics, and truly got to know each other. He was beyond personable, kind, and selfless with his time When going over things for the ceremony it was like he had known Blake and I our whole lives. Getting married can be stressful in general, but planning it yourself can truly be overwhelming. He brought me such peace and comfort at a much needed time in just my overall daily life. Truly, a miraculous person we needed in our lives. Come the day of the ceremony he yet again blew us away. The calmness and laughter he brought was so refreshing and needed. Our entire group of friends and family adored him. He absolutely amazed us all. When you don't think he can blow you away anymore- HE DOES! He helped us stage photos, sat with family and friends to chat and eat, comforted us and our parents before the ceremony, etc. I really could go on forever! When he went to leave, I'm not sure if I said this out loud but I thought "don't leave us!!!" he is someone you wish you could spend everyday with. Afterwards he still goes above and beyond by mailing your marriage license for you, sending links about the bride changing her name, resources about staying happy in marriage, etc. He was beyond anything we could have asked for and everything we knew he would be after meeting him and more. He was the beat to the heart of our ceremony, and filled our hearts with such happiness. My husband and I couldn't be more grateful to have had Scott with us on the most special day of our lives and truly believe he will be a soul friend forever. Do not let this one slip away! I cannot recommend him enough.

sydney · Married on 04/07/2018

Scott was nothing short of ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!! My husband and I were married out in the beautiful Driftwood, TX. We have the incredible fortune to hear about Scott Payne from a friend and let me tell you…He made the day more perfect than we could have ever imagined. From giving us an absolutely love-filled and gorgeous ceremony, to helping us coordinate pictures and many other duties which he did out of the goodness of his heart so that our wedding day went smoothly. Not to mention, it was FREEZING the day of the wedding and Scott INSISTED on giving me his coat so that I wasn’t cold during our outdoor pictures and reception. I could list millions of other things that made our hearts swell with love, but you just have to experience his kindness and love for yourself to truly understand how wonderful he is. HIGHLY RECOMMEND SCOTT PAYNE!!!! We love him forever!!!

Lisa · Married on 03/23/2018

Scott from the moment we met him over video chat (facetime) we felt so comfortable, almost like we already knew him! He expressed how he wanted our ceremony to be exactly that our ceremony! We gave him our ideas & he emailed me our vowel outline. We changed things up here and there, but he always stayed so patient. Wedding day came we still had to do some modifications due to a nervous Groom lol but I tell ya we had grown men crying from how we expressed our love for 1 another through words! I was completely happy & o soo thankful that we picked Scott!

TheKnotTyer 16
    TheKnotTyer 17
    TheKnotTyer 18
    TheKnotTyer 19

Rodney · Married on 03/20/2018

From the moment we met Scott at our interview lunch we knew he was the one we wanted to conduct our wedding ceremony. Every aspect of the ceremony went perfectly. Scott made us both feel comfortable and we will be able to enjoy every minute of our wedding for a lifetime. He is truly gifted. Rod and Pat

Erika · Married on 03/18/2018

Scott Payne was a fantastic officiant for our wedding on March 18th, 2018. From the very beginning, he provided my husband and I with a wealth of information, including some 40-50 something (!) attachments for ideas on how to personalize our ceremony, resources about marriage/advice about marriage, even documents about changing the last name. He is also upfront and forthcoming about pricing, how to book, etc, which was very helpful in the early part of the process. Scott helped my husband and I relax throughout the entire planning process and the wedding itself, and truly helped us celebrate our wedding in exactly the way we wanted to by respecting our wishes regarding personalizing our ceremony. He was also very responsive to all of our many questions and requests. He is a funny, kind, and wonderful person to us as well as our family, friends, and all our wedding guests. He even entertained our dog, Cosmo, who was the ringbearer at times during the rehearsal dinner and on the wedding day. I also really love his friendly nature and ability to engage everyone during the ceremony. I could not recommend Scott enough for anyone who is seeking a wedding minister or officiant in the Central Texas area. Scott truly helped us tie the knot! 375

Allie · Married on 03/15/2018

Scott was truly amazing! He made every so much fun and stress free! You will go in this looking for an officiant and come out with a friend! Truly meant so much to my husband, myself, and even our families for everything Scott did!

Brent · Married on 03/13/2018

Scott was very professional and very helpful. He was a definite addition to our wedding and we highly recommend his services. The perfect officiant for us on our special day. Thank you Scott!

Cathy · Married on 03/08/2018

Scott Payne was the best officiant we could have asked for! I was lucky enough to happen upon him by searching for Austin area wedding officiants. I could quickly see from online reviews and all the amazing and helpful content he has on his website that he was, at the least, very professional. But...I soon found he was far more than that! He is truly good and an expert at this. He blessed us with the most meaningful ceremony we could ever dream of. He helps from the beginning with tips and recommendations on obtaining your marriage license, spends valuable time getting to know you and designing your ceremony to be unique and exactly designed for your wants and needs and continues providing assistance all the way to post ceremony on how to easily change your last name. We can’t believe we were blessed to find him. He’ll always be a special memory of our wedding day!

Tasha · Married on 03/01/2018

Scott was absolutely amazing! He helped the groom and bride feel at ease and our wedding guest loved him! Scott is very organized and takes his role very seriously. It was a pleasure to work with him. If you're looking for a wedding officiant he's your guy!!

Vee · Married on 02/23/2018

What a great experience working with Scott. He made our ceremony so beautiful and he made everything so easy for us. He was a joy to work with and gave us so many helpful tips and ideas then created a ceremony unique and special for us. He even took some wonderful photos for us. I can recommend him to anyone and can’t imagine anyone else we would have rather had to officiate. He is such a kind and loving person

Michael · Married on 02/17/2018

Scott is a great guy and a great officiant. He really puts your mind at ease during your big day. Very helpful explaining the ceremony during the rehearsal as well. Can't say enough good things about him. Thanks Scott!