Urban Orchid Reviews

Urban Orchid 6

Daniela · Married on 08/18/2018

Absolutely amazing very professional

Alexandria · Married on 05/12/2018

The flowers were perfect! I called and added things to my order about 20 times and this shop just kept telling me not a problem and did an amazing job!

Nicole · Married on 09/22/2017

Brandon & his team at Urban Orchid did a wonderful job for our wedding. We were completely in love! I told him the color palette I wanted, along with our budget, and he created exactly what I wanted. I took his advice for a lot, because I wasn't very picky, which was nice because I would prefer to use his creativity! I also mentioned that my favorite flowers were tulips, but I know they are completely out of season for a September wedding, so I wasn't expecting anything. He surprised me and threw in some purple tulips which was such a pleasant surprise. We received SO many compliments on our flowers and I've already referred at least two brides to him for their 2018 weddings. We can't thank Urban Orchid & Brandon enough.

Urban Orchid 7
    Urban Orchid 8
    Urban Orchid 9

Megan · Married on 08/27/2016

Urban Orchid was fabulous. Our table arrangements & bouquets were absolutely beautiful! They were so accommodating in helping us organize day of flower pick up for personal flowers & drop offs to our reception venue.

• Valarie404

Valarie · Married on 08/27/2016

My wedding flowers were amazing! Without knowing much about flowers, at my consultation I told them what colors and textures I liked, and that for budget purposes I wanted to have more greenery than actual flowers... I was shown purple kale! I cannot stress how much I LOVED it! My bouquet was beautiful! It was so nice to be able to give someone an idea of what I was looking for and trust their knowledge and experience to create such wonderful arrangements for my wedding. I didn't know what to expect but when I saw what they did I was blown away. I've always had a soft spot for this place since I was looking for edible orchids several years back for a dessert I had planned to make for my (now) husband and they were the only place in town I could find it. Plus they're right in our neighborhood and it was awesome to be able to stay local. Will definitely be using their services in the future. Really a great local florist!

Maggie · Married on 07/02/2016

Urban Orchid did an amazing job with the flowers for our wedding. We gave them an idea of what we wanted and they used their creativity to make beautiful centerpieces that went with our romantic, rustic theme perfectly. They were very accommodating and flexible.

• Heather

Heather · Married on 06/10/2016

Flowers were perfect! Everything we wanted exactly! Brandon was super easy to work with! He took my vision and made it a reality!

valerie · Married on 05/07/2016

Brandon and team did a remarkable job on our wedding florals- and with only a few weeks notice. Best florist in Cleveland- hands down!

Julianna · Married on 10/10/2015

BLOWN AWAY by my gorgeous wedding bouquets. This review is long overdue, but was just flipping through old wedding photos and couldn't help but smile at the lush, multicolor, HUGE bouquets and I (+my bridesmaids) had. UO was easy to work with -- we made an appointment to go over what I had wanted after I sent them some inspiration pages, and that test run needed some tweaking. I had a fall wedding, so they had put together a beautiful fall sample bouquet, but I wanted like total rainbow eye-catching bouquets. I also wanted bigger bouquets than the sample, and boy did they listen! I wanted to cry tears of joy the morning I saw the bouquets. They were true show-stoppers and I so appreciate the UO staff for dealing with so much back & forth and redesign to get what I had in mind. They nailed it -- I highly recommend them, especially if you're looking for unique flower choices with pops of color, depth and greenery. Thank you again!

• User3962059 · 2+ years ago

Brandon and his team were so easy to work with and the flowers were amazing. Couldn't have been any more perfect for our big day!!

Jennifer · Married on 11/08/2014

Brandon and Tiffany and team!, Thank you for the most beautiful flowers!

I attended the Something White bridal fair in January 2014. I saw Brandon's booth, his flowers were stunning, simple and so elegant but also with his creative touch. He helped me pick my flower which was the black baccarat rose.

This was such a great experience. Our "Theme" was a vintage Truman Capote Black and White ball from 1966 with a black baccarat rose as the color.. Everything my husband and I picked out he gave great ideas. On the big day the flowers were gorgeous and the alter pieces equally as beautiful. If I had a question, I would get a response within in 2 hours...

He and Tiffany are what makes everything about great about Urban Orchid , Brandon's creativity and precise attention to detail, and the fact that he he actually cares about his brides and the bridal party.
    urban Orchid will have our business for life. They are extremely well priced and professional, kind, and understands the wedding process.

My Husband and I wholeheartedly recommend Urban Orchid they were the best.
    Thanks again Brandon and his amazing team.

Jennifer and Michael Sullivan
    11-8-14

Sent from my iPad

Kristin · Married on 09/06/2014

Brandon is so down to earth and was able to listen to me and created a beautiful vision for my wedding. He will go above and beyond to find what you saw in the magazines and Pinterest. He was able to locate these unique table toppers; however I decided not to go with them and he had a no problem attitude. My bouquet was amazing!! Every person who saw pictures made comments! Even though I was not there for the set up, Brandon and his team created the same vision we talked about, so when I walked in I was so happy because it was exactly how I thought it would be. You are in great hands with Brandon!!! In addition, if you ever just need flowers they were a great help when I needed to send my mom an arrangement for her birthday.

The flowers for our wedding was one of the last things on our list of things to do and we were getting pretty burnt out. We had a great meeting with Brandon and Tiffany from Urban Orchid and I left feeling very comfortable with anything they would come up with. I feel like I did not have to put too much effort into the process-which was great at that point in the planning process. I let them know what I liked and didn't and showed them a couple of pictures and everything turned out even more beautiful than I imagined! I will definitely be recommending them to anyone looking for a florist and will use them in the future!

Jen · Married on 06/14/2014

Urban Orchid (Brandon Stilter) did the florals for our wedding, and we could not have been happier. Within minutes of meeting, I felt like Brandon completely understood the style I was going for. He had so many great ideas, and I loved talking to him. I called him with questions after meeting/booking, and they were very responsive and flexible. I was pleasantly surprised at how reasonably priced they were. The florals were one of the most important things for me when planning my wedding, and Brandon somehow created flower arrangements/bouquets/boutonnieres that were even better than I had imagined.

I absolutely loved working with Urban Orchid and Brandon Silter! Brandon quickly understood the look and feel we were going for and put me at ease that our flowers were going to be beautiful!

Lauren · Married on 10/12/2013

Urban Orchid was absolutely fantastic! Brandon created gorgeous arrangements for the ceremony, reception, and for our entire wedding party. I provided a few pictures of ideas and he put together some of the most beautiful and unique flowers I've ever seen. Urban Orchid is simply the best!

Amber · Married on 09/07/2013

Brandon & his team were wonderful to work with. From just a couple of meetings/emails and inspiration photos, Brandon was able to totally capture my creative vision within our budget. Delivery was timely and professional. The flowers were some of my very favorite details of our wedding day. I cannot recommend Urban Orchid enough! Also, visit their shop in Ohio City for cute gifts and keep an eye our for their amazing displays at local bridal shows throughout the year.

Allie · Married on 08/15/2015

Urban Orchid was the best choice for our wedding day needs. I was a terribly indecisive bride, but Brandon and his team put together the most beautiful bouquets for our ceremony based on the very little information I gave him, which was colors and a few types of flowers I liked. They were also very flexible when I had to adjust our order days before. They provided us with 3 bridesmaid bouquets, 1 bridal bouquet, 2 boutonnieres, and 5 corsages. We opted to pick up the flowers ourselves and avoid the $75 delivery fee since we had such a small order. I was amazed at how perfectly well the flowers went with our theme with very little direction from myself.

Meredith · Married on 08/26/2017

Urban Orchid made beautiful arrangements for our wedding! Brandon and Kaitlin were very helpful in taking my not so good with flowers idea of daisy's along with our navy and burgundy colors and made beautiful arrangements, corsages, boutonnieres, bouquets, and centerpieces. We also rented lanterns and vases for the centerpieces and they gave us flowers for our cake. Everything came together and looked amazing. We did have one setback. Our church for the ceremony was in Bay Village and our reception venue was in University Circle. Our flowers for the ceremony were accidentally delivered to the reception venue on the east side so they were not at our church on the west side. Once we contacted Urban Orchid they were able to correct the mistake and got our flowers to us with just a tiny bit of time to spare. We received many compliments on the flowers and it all worked out in the end. The flowers also lasted weeks after the wedding!

Urban Orchid 10
    Urban Orchid 11

Kelly · Married on 06/24/2017

The arrangements that Urban Orchid made for our wedding were beautiful! I don't know a whole lot about flowers and just had a couple ideas about what I wanted - our main color was royal blue so I knew I wanted blue hydrangeas, and our reception was going to be in the Cleveland Museum of Natural History so I wanted ferns in the centerpieces to go with the dinosaur/prehistoric theme of the space. Kaitlin from Urban Orchid took my vague ideas and turned them into beautiful flower arrangements with unique touches. She also accommodated our request for 5 memorial roses in honor of deceased family members to display at our ceremony, including a last-minute request for a vase for the roses. Urban Orchid was also great about working with us to find ways to make the ideas we had work with our budget.

I ordered bouquets, boutonnières, and corsages from urban orchid. I was really confident in them from the beginning and I was more than impressed once I saw the flowers on my wedding day! The only negative was that my husband's boutonniere was falling apart shortly after the reception. He had a ranunculus boutonniere and I think with all the hugging after the ceremony, the petals just started to fall off.

The florists at Urban Orchid are so friendly and really worked with me to create beautiful arrangements for our wedding day. I purchase flowers from them now even after the wedding!

Overall we really loved Urban Orchid. Our flowers were beautiful and reasonably priced. We only wanted simple babies breath and Brandon and UO made it look beautiful on our wedding day. Brandon is amazing and we really enjoyed working with him and his team, they all have great personalities!

The only negative was the ribbon on our flowers. Upon first meeting with UO months before our wedding I explained the type of ribbon we wanted, which never changed. At our final meeting before the wedding I also advised where I had bought the ribbon I was looking for (for other aspects of the wedding) if they needed a vendor. The day before the wedding they emailed me and asked me to bring whatever extra ribbon I had because they never got their shipment. It was disappointing because I had been asking for this ribbon for months and they had ample time to ensure it arrived prior to the event. I brought what I had and everything did have ribbon on it, but I had envisioned a little more on the bridesmaids bouquets (and mine) and there was none on the flower girl crowns. I am assuming this is because they ran out and since I picked such simple flowers the ribbon was really supposed to stand out. It was fine and something no one would ever notice but me.

We loved our centerpieces and the rented vases for them, they looked amazing and tied the whole room together. There was some confusion towards the big day as we had to change the number of tables once we had our final counts in place but everything was perfect day of.

If you are having a wedding in Cleveland I definitely recommend UO.

Charlene · Married on 09/03/2016

I went with Urban Orchid after a friend used them for her wedding. They were amazing to work with - and were able to translate the various pictures and descriptions we brought into a cohesive look. The bouquets and centerpieces were so beautiful and completed the look we were going for at both the ceremony and reception. They were easy to work with and adjusted to our budget.

Maureen · Married on 08/05/2017

3.0
      3.5
      1.0
      3.0

I have loved Urban Orchid’s work since I first discovered the shop a few years ago. I wanted something unique for my wedding flowers, and I knew Urban Orchid would be the best place to achieve what I wanted. I had two consultations with the wedding consultants and they really seemed to get what I was looking for. I had somewhat out-of-the-ordinary request to use magnolia leaves from my grandmother’s tree, and Urban Orchid was extremely accommodating with allowing this and also with arranging and spray painting the leaves to my satisfaction. I have the shop handle all bouquets, boutonnieres, church pew bows, and centerpieces. While the work was very nice, I believe there are a few things that the shop could work on in the future.

My flowers were the most expensive part of my wedding budget, aside from the reception costs. With that said, I was expecting someone from the shop to be onsite before the ceremony to help with corsages/boutonnieres/etc. Instead, they simply dropped the boxes of flowers off, hung the pew bows and left. Given the amount of money we paid, a little more customer service would have been appreciated. I do recall them mentioning how many weddings they had slated for the same day, perhaps they overbooked themselves a bit.

Sent on 12/11/2017
    Urban Orchid 12

Urban Orchid's reply:

Hi Maureen, we are happy to hear you liked the flowers we did for your wedding - the attached photo is beautiful. The floral package you purchased did not include a staff member to be on site. We charge a fee of $75 per hour for this service. If it was something you needed it should have been brought to our attention during one of our consultations. We pride ourselves on our great customer service and our flexibility (as you mentioned above) Thank you for choosing us and good luck in the future.