The Stuart Rental Company Reviews

11 | Milpitas, CA

11 Reviews for The Stuart Rental Company

Mariah · Married on 04/30/2016

Stuart rentals was great! The correspondence with the company was smooth from the beginning, and they made any updates I had very smooth.

The deliveries were on time, and exactly what I ordered. The delivery men were very nice and professional as well. Will definitely hire them for my next event.

Sent on 05/03/2016

Lisa · Married on 10/11/2014

Trish was extremely helpful with the planning of our wedding event rental. The set up crew went above and beyond to address our requests and we couldn't have been happier with the final product! Thank you Stuart Rental!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Stephanie · Married on 09/13/2014

Stuart rental was great to work with! They have the products I wanted and were amazing about responding to my hundreds or questions and item inventory change requests. I must have made about 30+ changes to my rental list and they were always quick to respond sending me updated invoices with each change. I loved their products! I rented these beautiful farm tables and they were able to do the set up and break down at a very low price! The staff was punctual on the day of and they were very nice. Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 09/21/2014
  • Sydney

Sydney · Married on 05/25/2014

The delivery was on time and the delivers were so sweet and professional! The linens were beautiful and the chairs looked great. They have tree locations and are easily reached by phone or email. The heat lamps worked, and they taught us how to use them on our own!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Tina · Married on 07/10/2011

I booked Stuart rentals for 2 columns bec I was a DIY bride. They were very professional and were very pleasant to deal with, the columns looked amazing with my flowers and Im glad they were also near where I live so I didnt have to have them delivered, just picked them up!

Sent on 08/10/2011

Sarah · Married on 05/16/2009

Stuart Rental was wonderful! We hosted our reception at our home and they supplied us with everything we needed. We were able to rent not only dinnerware and flatware, but patio heaters and linens. Their products were high quality and their drop off and pick was timely. I would highly recommend their service.

Sent on 08/23/2009

Emily · Married on 11/14/2009

3.5

Delivery price is expensive and so are rental prices but they are comparable to any other rental place. Very nice to work with.

Sent on 12/08/2009

moira · Married on 08/14/2010

4.2
      3.5

Overall I was pleased. The agents in the office were great in working with my budget, choose beautiful colors for the linens and glasses, and figure out a way to get a dance floor into my parent's dining room. The people who set up were a little careless and tipped over a beautiful potted plant into the swimming pool, which chipped. Other than that, I have no other complaints.

Sent on 09/07/2010

Carmen · Married on 05/30/2009

2.5
      3.5

Very good customer service while planning. The delivery people forgot some tables WE had to deliver back to the store. I agree with previous poster, delivery fees are crazy high and we still have to deliver their tables. We got all the table sets from them, they were really good about being flexible because I was able to pick up the napkins a day before. Quality of the napkins not so great, we had to sort them to weed our the old, stained ones we couldn't use. Other than than, great customer service, Laura Sutton was great.

I would like to add, please make sure you count all the items when they leave your sight. They wanted to charge me $300 for "lost: items 2 weeks after the wedding. Turning out that their warehouse person miss counted them, it took them another 2 weeks to research what ever happend to the lost items. Why would I want 35 used forks? I would not use them again because of that fiasco, yes they made it right but I the stress was way too much.

Sent on 06/05/2009

Julia · Married on 05/10/2009

2.6
      3.0

We got our runners, and arch from this company. The showroom was very impressive, and is really good for ideas. The price they charge for delivery is CRAZY. I don't know, all places probably charge that amount as well. I feel that it was ridiculous. The quality of the things we rented were fine, and the service was friendly. I just didn't like the delivery fees.

Sent on 06/04/2009

Daniela · Married on 10/04/2014

2.4
      1.0
      3.5

I used Stuart Rental for my Oct wedding day. Let me start by saying what items they do have are beautiful. I rented gold/clear crackled glass chargers and tall goblet candle holders for my guest tables. However their candelabra selection is very limited and mostly silver. I had to go all the way to SF to get tall gold candelabra's for my center piece arrangements.

My biggest issue is their customer service, or lack thereof.

My biggest problem with this company is the way they handled my business the day's leading up to my wedding. 2 days before my wedding I got a call advising that the bride who had rented my candle holders prior to me had broken 3 set's of 7 that I ordered so they did not have enough to fill my order. They had purchased new ones but they would not arrive in time for my scheduled Friday pickup (My wedding was Saturday). My bridesmaid's went to pickup the available candle holders Friday morning before our rehearsal. I got another call Friday afternoon saying the new ones ordered had arrived and I needed to pick them up in the next hour before Stuart Rental's closed!! I'm the bride, it's the night before my wedding and you want me to stop the other 1001 things I'm doing to make a second trip to pickup items?
    I asked if they could have their delivery team drop them off since we had already made one trip there today. The girl on the phone unsympathetically stated "nope, our delivery drivers are booked"
    RULE 101 OF DOING BUSINESS: When you inconvenience a customer by not having the items they ordered months in advance because of an internal issue it's your job to fix the problem. You don't put the problem on your customer. If your delivery team is booked you juggle things around to make up for the first inconvenience, or someone else from the store delivers them. I had to send out of town guests to pickup since I was busy. This was handled so unprofessionally, very disappointed with customer service and lack of common sense. Train your employees

Sent on 10/22/2014