The Celebrants - Ted Church Reviews

75 Reviews for The Celebrants - Ted Church

• Donna

Donna Reed Rodick · Married on 06/01/2019

Great wedding service

We had so many compliments on my daughter's wedding service that I had to write a review. It was a mixed faith marriage, so the bride and groom decided they did not want anything too religious. They wanted something more personal and romantic. Ted Church delivered. I think we had over 100 compliments on the service. Some of the guests wanted copies of the poem and parts of the service that Rev. Church read. It was the start of a magical evening. I would recommend Ted Church if you are in need of an officiant and you want something very personal.

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful, personal ceremony that felt very "us"

Ted was fantastic to work with. From the moment my husband and I met him, we felt at ease. He has a really calming personality (which was key for a type-A, out-of-state bride like me haha). He assured me that the ceremony would be perfect, and it was! Ted created a ceremony that was heartfelt, romantic, and very "us." He even found a way to weave in our moms, which meant the world to them...and to us. If you're looking to have a beautiful and personal ceremony, book Ted ASAP.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Chanel · Married on 09/15/2018

Ted Church

Ted personally made us feel like we were being married by an uncle of ours! Thank you for your comfortability and flexibility Ted!!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Nicole · Married on 11/11/2017

We picked Ted because of all the great reviews he had. When we first reached out to him he was so quick to respond to our emails and met up with us at a local Starbucks. Once we met him he was so pleasant and great to talk to he got all the necessary information to prepare the ceremony for us.

The day of he was great the ceremony was conducted as if he had known us for years our guests would have never realized that we had only met with him once or twice. The ceremony was so personal and intimate he definitely has a way of making you and your guests connect to the ceremony.

He is so professional and great you won't be disappointed in having him officiate your wedding. He even offers different/unique aspects that you can add to the ceremony we originally were going to do 2 additional features but due to time constraints we eliminated one of them and only added the mother's kiss ceremony which was so intimate it is receiving a kiss from your mother since she gave you your first kiss in life you receive your last kiss from her before beginning your life as husband and wife. It was definitely a tear jerker for us and our guests. It is a must to add!

Sent on 11/27/2017

The Celebrants - Ted Church's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I always feel honored to be included in and to officiate a wedding. I know in my heart I have an obligation to make their ceremony perfect. Working with you and Martin was such a pleasure and made preparing your ceremony much easier. Thank you!

Colleen · Married on 09/30/2017

What an amazing Officiant. Ted spent a couple of hours talking to me and my groom . At the wedding he spoke as if he new us for many years. We wanted a religious romantic ceremony and thats exactly what he gave us. It was a beautiful sermon and my guest and our parents and grandparents couldn't stop talking about how beautiful his words were. I felt as if I was getting married at church. Thank you Ted for making us feel so special and for a lovely service. Anthony & Colleen Modica

Sent on 10/11/2017

Connie · Married on 05/04/2017

Ted Church was the perfect officiant for us. We knew we wanted him to officiate our ceremony from the first Skype meeting we had. He is very caring, kind-hearted, well-spoken, and a good listener. He was on time. Since we had an outside ceremony with potential cars/background noises, Ted brought his PA, which worked out perfectly, especially with the elderly guests. Ted made our ceremony really meaningful and added some funny moments. He tailored the ceremony to our ideas and added some of his own, making it the most beautiful and touching ceremony. Thank you so much, Ted!

Sent on 05/19/2017

Celia · Married on 04/29/2017

Very professional and nice! Great speaker and came really prepared for the ceremony!! Everything went exactly as I wanted it to go and he was a big part of that.

Sent on 05/04/2017

Allison · Married on 10/29/2016

Ted was a true professional! He delivered an unforgettable ceremony that incorporated everything we wanted. He has so many wonderful ideas to make the ceremony very personal. I would highly recommend him to anyone getting married!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Ariel · Married on 09/04/2016

I planned my wedding from out of town, and after speaking to Ted on the phone, I felt extremely comfortable booking him for our wedding! We wanted a non-religious but romantic ceremony, and Ted made sure to help us create the perfect ceremony. Aside from the fact that we were melting in the Florida sun, the ceremony was exactly how we wanted it to be and we can't thank Ted enough for his professionalism and for making an extremely special wedding day for me and my husband!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/03/2016

We loved having Ted Church officiate our wedding on September 3, 2016. We still have family and friends that talk about the ceremony and how wonderful it was. He was someone that right away we just felt comfortable with and he made me feel that he would be able to incorporate some religion without it being an overly religious ceremony. I am not as religious as members of my family, but he created a harmonious balance between it all, allowing me to have that aspect in remembrance of my grandparents and respect to our families. He really listens to what kind of ceremony you wish/want. I had found him through the knot because my husband and I wanted to do a handfasting ceremony which is a beautiful Celtic tradition. We are so happy that we did. Beyond the handfasting ceremony, the wedding itself was beautiful and left many of our attendees in happy tears. He chose all the right things to say and took notes to detail the timeline of our relationship together. Just a wonderful storyteller to our history, but above all a wonderful officiant for our wedding day. Thank you for helping us take the next step in our relationship to becoming husband and wife. If we could it would be ten stars (5 stars from each of us <3)

Sent on 10/28/2016

Katelin · Married on 06/11/2016

Ted Church was a fantastic officiant! We just had our wedding this past weekend, and our ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Ted did a great job personalizing it to our story, and keeping it very sweet and romantic. Many of our guests commented on our ceremony and said they had a hard time not tearing up! Couldn't have asked for a better officiant for our ceremony!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/23/2016

Where do I start ? Ted was amazing from the very first call. I called him and we agreed to meet for coffee. He really got to know my husband and myself. We wanted to do two different ceremonies, one intimate one with immediate family and one at the actual wedding, He offered to do the first one for free. Offered to drive really far too just to make sure that our day was special and that I could fulfil my dream of getting married on the beach. During the custom ceremony he made us laugh and cry. He really has a way with words. He made our wedding so very special we are so grateful and would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 06/04/2016

The Celebrants - Ted Church's reply:

Thank you Sarah for your recommendations that first ceremony on the beach, in spite of the drizzling rain, was a very special for me as well. Your families are wonderful caring people who made me feel like part of your family. They'll be good guide for your journey.

Nicole · Married on 05/21/2016

Ted Church was amazing, From our first meeting to our wedding day, he was everything we had hoped for and more in an officiant. He listen to all of our requests and was always quick to reply if we ever contacted him with a question. Our guests are still talking about our ceremony and how great our officiant was. If you need one then look no further! Thank you for everything Ted! Your words were beautiful and you told our story beautifully and perfectly!

Thanks again for everything Ted,

Mr. & Mrs. Greene

Sent on 06/13/2016

The Celebrants - Ted Church's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. I really love what I do and your comment goes a long way to letting others know what they can expect.

Alison · Married on 04/02/2016

Rev. Ted performed our beach ceremony on 4-2-16. We first met him almost a year before our actual wedding after having a hard time finding an officiant who fit not only our budget but our somewhat unique wedding. I wanted to do an old Hawaiian wedding tradition that I read in a magazine of throwing shells into the ocean after each guest makes a wish or a prayer for the couple. Rev. Ted had never performed the tradition before but was completely open to the ideas and did research of his own. At first I did not think we needed a rehearsal we were having a small 70 guest beach wedding, very simple however my venue and wedding planner closer to the date insisted that since the venue was so massive a rehearsal was needed. About a week before the wedding we asked Rev. Ted if he could attend and he very happily did so. He dressed casual as we preferred and even asked about wedding colors so he could compliment our day. One of the nicest people in the wedding industry.

Sent on 06/03/2016

The Celebrants - Ted Church's reply:

It was a lot of fun that day. Your entire wedding party were such nice people and I truly enjoyed being part of your special day. Thanks for introducing me to a new wedding option. I hope all the blessing offered by your friends and family come true!

Lorena · Married on 01/18/2016

Ted was a fantastic officiant. He was professional, punctual, and very helpful every step of the way. The message and delivery during our ceremony was heart felt and romantic. Thank you Ted for making our wedding day so special.

Sent on 05/15/2016

Amara · Married on 12/21/2015

Our wedding weekend was the best weekend of our lives and Reverend Ted Church was responsible for making it extra-special. My husband and I were planning an interfaith + interracial wedding (which was an awesome experience, thanks to our amazing family), but finding someone willing to officiate our wedding was one of our greatest obstacles. The ceremony was the most important aspect of the wedding for both of us and we were determined to find an officiant who would represent our relationship, as well as, both of us as individuals. Moreover, we wanted all of our loved ones to feel connected to each word, each other, and to us. When we met Ted, we instantly knew that he was the perfect fit for us. He talked to us about our love story, empathized with our situation, advocated for our relationship, and discussed our vision for the ceremony. From that point forward, he kept in touch and we felt no greater comfort than knowing that the most important moment in our lives would be in his hands.

On the day of the wedding, Ted arrived prepared and on time. He delivered the most beautiful ceremony that exceeded all of our expectations. Everyone laughed, cried, and felt united in our love which is more than we could have ever asked for; it has been 6 months since our wedding, and our guests are still talking about his heart-felt ceremony that so perfectly incorporated both of our faiths.

Ted, if you’re reading this – we want you to know how blessed we feel to have had the opportunity to begin this new chapter with you by our side. You made every dream we had about our wedding day an even greater reality. Thank you so much for being our officiant and, most of all, for all your support leading up to the wedding; words can’t express how much it means. You’ll forever have a special place in our hearts!

Our wedding video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbgA_unCNrA&feature=youtu.be
    Service chosen: First Kiss Last Kiss

Sent on 05/14/2016

Abby · Married on 11/21/2015

Ted Church was a great officiant. He met with my husband and myself before hand to talk with us and get to know who we were. He was kind and patient. We were then in contact through email. On our special day he was timely and professional. He did his job great. Everything ran smoothly and he said such beautiful words. We are very pleased with his services and highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/10/2016

Krystal · Married on 11/20/2015

When planning our wedding, my husband and I knew that we wanted both Jewish and Christian influences incorporated into the ceremony. We came across Rev Ted Church when researching an officiant for our wedding at the Sundy House in Delray Beach, and loved the great reviews, so we decided to meet with him to see what ideas he had for the ceremony. In the meeting, we felt that he truly understood us, and even gave us information that we hadn't thought of asking about!
    On the wedding day, he began the ceremony by sharing a funny story about how we first met, and put his own spin on it, which got everyone laughing, and my groom and i relaxed enough to treasure every word in the ceremony. While very professional, we loved that he still put in some comedic parts, which kept the ceremony lively. His beautiful words are a true pleasure to listen to in our wedding video, even as we've watched it countless times now!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Christina · Married on 09/12/2015

I have worked with Rev. Ted on many weddings and found him to be a gifted officiant who puts the bride and groom at ease and captures the attention of the guests early in the ceremony. Being a wedding and event planner it's important for everyone to work well together to assure the desired results. Ted is punctual, professional, accomodating, easy to work with and he goes out of his way to make certain photographers and videographers have good access to can capture great photo memories. His skills, knowledge and talent makes every wedding a pleasure with perfect results!

Sent on 10/19/2015
  • F

Felicia · Married on 09/06/2015

Ted did a great job of meeting with us to get all the details he needed to make sure he would provide a service that exactly what we wanted. It was amazing and I don't think I could've asked for a better service. We were both married before and had children to consider. We wanted them to be part of the ceremony and Ted offered some unique suggestions. With his experience and knowledge he made or ceremony special, not only for us, but for our children. I would recommend Ted to anyone who wants their ceremony to be memorable.

Sent on 10/17/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/05/2015

Ted is an amazing officiant. He wrote and officiated our wedding ceremony with love and romance. During our first meeting he asked us all the right questions and worked with us to write the best ceremony ever! He really took time to get to know us, and he was able to tell our story to all our guests on our wedding day. Telling our story with a little humor he quickly had us relaxed and captured the attention of our guests. He exceeded our high expectations and many of our guests said this was the best wedding they ever attended..

Sent on 10/10/2015

Emily · Married on 08/30/2015

Rev. Ted helped create a lovely ceremony, he made it all about us, telling our story and he made it lighthearted and fun! I recommend him if you want to create your own personal ceremony. He listened to us and helped make our ceremony special and one that we will always remember. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Cheena · Married on 08/29/2015

Rev. Ted created and delivered the perfect ceremony for us. My husband and I wanted a very personal ceremony, and when we found out Rev. Ted would write a ceremony tailored to our desires we were thrilled. It was such an easy, stress-free process: we spoke with Rev. Ted on the phone a few times about our story, our relationship, and our wishes for the ceremony. Many guests commented on the uniqueness of our ceremony and how much they loved hearing our story told. If you are looking for a personalized ceremony and a stress-free process, I could not recommend Rev. Ted more.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Anelys · Married on 08/21/2015

From the very first telephone contact, Ted made me feel comfortable as he was very personable and friendly. I absolutely loved the fact that he really took the time to get to know us, learn more about our story and relationship. He told our story in such a unique, beautiful way! It was exactly how we wanted it… personal, intimate, romantic and touching! We wanted our story to be shared with our guests through a meaningful ceremony and that is exactly what Ted gave to us...

Sent on 10/10/2015

Magali · Married on 08/08/2015

The biggest day of my life became magical thanks to Reverend Ted Church. He captured the essence of what my husband and I shared via conference calls and delivered it in such a powerful and meaningful way that my friends and family were in awe of him. He raises the standards of wedding celebrations by customizing his sermons as if he has known the couple from their childhood. The memories that Reverend Church has given to my husband and I are eternal and priceless. Thank you, Reverend Church for your patience, your understanding and more importantly, for the passion that you expressed in celebrating my nuptials. I will keep praising your work and dedication!

Sent on 05/16/2016

The Celebrants - Ted Church's reply:

Thank you so much for your very kind words. I try very hard to understand the journey a couple takes and to make it part of my ceremonies. Love stories need to be told, understood and remembered. Having two people as nice as you made telling the story essential.