The Catering Company Reviews

38 Reviews for The Catering Company

• Robbie

Robbie Vogler · Married on 11/09/2019

Food, Service, Everything was A+++

If you are in Hampton Roads, I would highly suggest The Catering Company. Not only were they so easy to work with, the staff and service was incredible. They also hold various events throughout the year for you to go and try out the food before you make a decision of what to go with. Leading up to the reception they were easy to work with and helped us along with everything we needed. The day of the reception was an actual breeze, we didn't have to stress or worry about anything, because they handled it all. Top notch all around!

Sent on 11/29/2019

Lauren · Married on 03/13/2017

Everything you could ever want from a caterer! The entire team was friendly and professional taking all of the stress out of the planning process. We are able to enjoy every moment of our special day with no worries. They thought of every detail and even had plates of dinner made for us so we would be able to enjoy our meal after visiting guests. Everyone raved about the food and our place setting were gorgeous. The linens matched our colors; they transformed a tent into a candlelit vintage themed venue.

Sent on 05/13/2017

michael · Married on 12/10/2016

From the moment we met Laura at a vendor wedding event in Williamsburg, we knew we had the right person and team to delivery a first class wedding reception experience for our daughter/guests. We met the executive Chef, selected and tasted a variety of first class cuisine that WOW'd our guests. The compliments flowed freely during the reception and the presentation and execution by Laura's team was impeccable. We had absolutely ZERO issues during the entire planning process, as we placed our full trust/confidence that Laura and her team would deliver a delicious and seamless experience.
    The quality of our food, beverages and the service experience SCREAM find Laura and The Catering Company for not just weddings, but for any other type of event. You will never be disappointed you selected this experienced Professional.

Sent on 01/18/2017

Kevin · Married on 12/03/2016

The Catering Company was a perfect choice to cater our wedding! Laura is fantastic and created a wonderful spread for all to enjoy. The food was delicious and the displays looked amazing! We received numerous compliments on the food with some saying it was the best food they've had at a wedding. Thanks again for everything!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Liz · Married on 06/11/2016

Loved working with The Catering Company for my June 2016 wedding! Laura and her team helped me craft a all-vegetarian Mexican-themed menu that included quesadillas, chopped salad, and family-style make your own tacos. Guests told me that the food was unique, delicious, and very appropriate for a hot summer wedding in Williamsburg, VA! They created cool citrus centerpieces that fit the laid back style of my dinner and mixed awesome drinks and cocktails (sangria and margaritas). Before and during my wedding, their team was incredibly helpful and responsive, and helped me solve a number of logistical issues (space and seating arrangements, adjusting the timeline of my outside reception due to the heat index). They made my wedding and reception a great success - it was a pleasure working with them and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for catering in the Williamsburg area!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Let me start off by saying that The Catering Company was fabulous. From the beginning they where listened to our vision and created a menu and event that enhanced our style. Laura was incredible about answer all my one million questions. In hindsight I was a bit over the top. When our venue changed midway thought the planning process The Catering Company changed things up and revised our menu without hesitation. The day of our wedding all the billion details and plans fell perfectly in place and the food was amazing. Many of my guest say it was the tastiest wedding they have ever attended. Thank you for making a great memory.

Sent on 07/04/2015
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/18/2014

As soon as I became engaged and told my co-workers we were to wed in Williamsburg, VA, my co-worker said (in a matter of words) "you HAVE to hire the Catering Company, and request their potato bar!" So - I did! :) Laura ultimately told us - tell you what you want...and we'll make it happen! And she did! The food was unreal. The staff was awesome. Laura was one of the friendliest vendors I had the pleasure to work with during my planning process!

I asked Laura for a "Scotch and Cigar" bar, and it was - perfect. Our guests had a blast! If you have a ceiling on your liquor, I would suggest you ask the bartender to pour average/"two finger" size shots/drinks, as our bartender poured "four finger" size drinks. Otherwise - the food was amazing and I am so so so thankful to Laura for her services!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Laura Reeves from The Catering Company and The Williamsburg Manor both played a large role in our wonderful wedding this past fall. Laura was easy to communicate with and full of great ideas. Her years of experience have paid off. We attended several open house events held by The Catering Company before deciding on our final menu and linen selections. I started out wanting a very tiffany blue wedding and ended up with a sage green themed event. I guess I could not make up my mind. But Laura listened and let me be flexible. On our wedding day her staff was happy to please us as well. Paula and here crew moved quickly to get things setup and allowed us to make changes that day without letting my mom know what a pain we where probably being. We loved the flexibility and understanding.

Our food was awesome. The presentation was beautiful and tasted even better. It was definility prepared with love.

One suggestion I would have is to communicate changes by email so you both have a record to refer to. And i made a lot of changes.

Sent on 01/05/2014

Laura, Craig, Annita, Bobby & Connie - Thank you for making our wedding day so special. Your attention to detail and the fantastic food presentations only helped to make the day a moment in time we will not easily forget. My family and our guests where equally impressed. From the time we first meet over a year ago until our wedding day and beyond your team has been available and helpful. We enjoyed attending your open house events, touring your warehouse and knowing that we had a professional team backing our decisions. Thank you.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/17/2013

The Catering Company did an excellent job. We used them for tables, chairs, linens, lighting and the food. We purchased our own liquor/beer and their bartenders served. All service was top notch. The food was presented very artistically and tasted wonderful. We had contracted with The Yorktown Pub to come up during the cocktail hour and shuck and serve raw oysters...(recommend this as well...very reasonable) and had The Catering Company serve roasted oysters and mini crabcakes in addition to the fruit/cheese/veggie spread....people were really impressed. It made the event. The Catering Company's decorations/serving setup for the oysters was impressive. The entrees were pulled pork in a delicious sauce and marinated chicken breasts...sides were garden salad, slaw, mashed potato bar, pasta salad and macaroni and cheese. I was worried originally that the food would not seem fancy enough, but the wedding came off as very high end. We had the cocktail hour on the raised deck and inside the Carriage House...the wedding ceremony was on the beach directly behind the museum...the caterers set up the chairs for us at no charge. We did have some of the young gentlemen at the wedding take the chairs up from the beach to the tables...this took 2 mins and was not a problem. We used Bliss Bakery from VA Beach for the wedding cake and pecan pies. The Catering Company cut and served both as well for no additional charge. We had a champagne toast served by the caterers as well. We used DJ on the Side for our dj...everything came together perfectly. Made for a wedding to be proud of.

Sent on 09/02/2013

Laura & Craig Reeves are the consumate of talent, professionalism, creativity, and expertise in their line of business, bringing "The Catering Company" to a legacy of the finest catering in this southeastern Virginia. Teamed with an outstanding culinary staff, their presentations of menus and services are superbly impressive. With our wedding reception, many guests commented on the exceptional taste and presentations, and the plenitude to satisfy the hungry appetites. Our working relationship in planning our event with Laura brought such a comforting ease with her knowledge, experience, and wisdom. We wish them greater successes in their superb services!

Sent on 09/23/2013

The Catering Company is awesome!!! I booked them almost a year ago, since they catered my friend's wedding. I wanted to make sure that I had them for my wedding. The food was delicious!!! The beef tenderloin was great, the shrimp and grits were to die for. We even had a signature cocktail with fresh grapefruit juice that everyone loved. Ask Laura what's in it. Yum! They provided all the linens and props for their buffet tables which added a lot to the look of the venue. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 07/30/2013

My husband & family have been so pleased with the care and attention to detail received by The Catering Company. We were thrilled with the setup and the beauty of the room, and the food was absolutely delicious. Paula's team was very professional and we thoroughly enjoyed working with each of them. Even though the rain hit at wedding time and we make the decision to move inside we could not have asked for a move lovely evening. Thank you so much for all you assistance during the planning process. Bobby, Annita and especially Laura where always available to assist us. We could not have gotten through this without you.

Once again Thank You !!
    The Food was incredibly delicious and we had so many compliments .... seems like most people expect a dry, tasteless wedding meal instead of the delicious food you provided.

Sent on 08/23/2013

First let me say, the Catering of my daughter's wedding was the LEAST stressful part of this whole event!
    I can't praise Laura & her staff enough for making her day a complete and utter joy.
    I realized as I walked in, this is even better than I could have imagined!
    The Catering Co. not only provided us with amazing food, in which I was hearing rave reviews all night, but the presentation was out of this world.
    It turned out even better than I could have envisioned and the staff made sure everything ran so smoothly that I often forgot they were there, now thats a sign of true professionalism.
    I would highly recommend The Catering Company and I hope to work with them again in the near future.
    I feel a spectacular office Christmas party in my future, wink wink.

Kaye Quinn

Sent on 08/25/2013

Clair · Married on 06/22/2013

As the summer comes to a close I find myself reviewing the awesome events of the summer. My college graduation, my wedding, honeymoon, new home and new career. Life does not really get any better than this.

On June 22nd I married my best friend. Our Williamsburg Wedding was a dream come true. Mostly in part because of Laura Reeves and The Catering Company. From the time we meet more than a year ago and thoughtout the planning process The Catering Company has been helpful, proffessional and above most caring. They listened to my mother in laws rants, my mothers concerns and somehow keep me balanced. The creative attention to detail was amazing and made my fairy tale wedding a reality.

If I have one concern it was that out to go picnic basket was not filled. We would have loved to have the opportunity to enjoy some of the tasty food as our wedding day came to a close. We had a lot of great compliments on the food. Often when the displays are beautiful the food suffers. From what I saw and was told this is not the case here. (In hinesigth I should have taken sometime get a bit to eat..It is amazing how fast the day goes.)

I have several friends getting married in 2014. I have recommended The Catering Company for selfish reasons. I hope to be invited to another great event without the pressure of being a bride.

Sent on 08/04/2013

Erin · Married on 11/17/2012

Craig and Laura Reeves who are the owners and masterminds behind the Catering Company were amazing to work with. No wedding or event that I have ever attended even compares to the attention to detail and quality that they put into every event that they plan and execute.

They are a one stop shop, you don't have to worry about finding a rental company/linens/staff or anything. The prices are reasonable and the food is freakin fantastic. You know that awkward cafeteria style "wedding food" that you get at big banquet halls? IT IS NOTHING LIKE THAT! Everything is fresh and delicious and warm and beautifully presented. It was important for my husband and I to have incredible food at our wedding as both our families are big, hearty eaters and everyone raved about our food.

I can not recommend the Catering Company highly enough, they were easy to work with from the beginning and everything went off flawlessly. People are still raving about the flank steak and the crab cakes! The best caterers around and they now have devoted customers for life :) I already want to plan a vow renewal so we can have a giant catered party all over again! Thanks Catering Company!

Sent on 08/05/2013
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/23/2010

The Catering Company did a wonderful job at our wedding! We were so thrilled with their service and how the day turned out. We got many compliments on the food and the creative displays. I would highly recommend The Catering Company for your wedding!
    We were ultimately drawn to The Catering Company because of their creative presentation of food and large selection of linens, serving dishes and ability to customize the menu. From the beginning we were able to review some successful menus and convey our likes and dislikes from them. We ended up with a personal menu that fit our tastes and location.
    Laura was extremely knowledgeable about our venue and came up with some great ideas for interesting flavors and dishes to compliment our fall plantation wedding. She is also extremely responsive and answered any questions we had in a timely manner. On top of that, they throw a quarterly event showcasing their food that allowed us to try many of the dishes we had selected for our wedding day ahead of time. We got some great ideas by visiting these and we were able to see all of the linens ahead of time.

Sent on 11/10/2010

Jennifer · Married on 01/05/2008

Throughout all of the wedding planning, Laura was always fantastic. She answered my emails very quickly and I never had any issues. They even handled some miscellaneous tasks for me, such as setting up the guestbook, card box, escort votives, etc. Everyone loved the food, and so did Robert and I (yes, we actually ate at our wedding!). I thought their prices were extremely reasonable, especially with all of the linens, flatware, and glassware included. Plus, you have the piece of mind of a highly recommended company! The only bad thing I can say is that they didn’t set up the room exactly how we wanted (we had wanted our sweetheart table by the fireplace, but it was instead set up beside the dance floor). This was a not a big deal though, since we didn’t really know how the room should be set up in the first place. It worked out nicely being beside the dance floor anyway!

Sent on 01/20/2008

Emily · Married on 03/27/2004

A dream to work with! We got lots of compliments on the food.

Sent on 06/29/2008

Eden · Married on 05/24/2009

The food and service was just unbelievably amazing. The serving staff are professional and courtesy and Laura does a fabulous job at working within a budget to meet your needs. She is well versed all many cuisines and always has a little something special up her sleeve. The unique food displays make her food that much more amazing. Being able to rent linens from the Catering Co. as well was a big help since they can budget the food and seating together.

Sent on 06/10/2009

Jess · Married on 10/13/2018

The Catering Company is awesome!

Laura is a SUPERHERO. She has so much experience, and you can really tell. She made everything easy and not overwhelming-- which is quite an accomplishment for such an important part of the reception. Her team even set up our centerpieces and miscellaneous tables (gift, guest book, etc) for us and everything looked amazing. The food was delicious, we opted for stations and we received multiple compliments from our guests. You will not be disappointed in using the Catering Company.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Caitlin · Married on 10/15/2016

The Catering Company is absolutely amazing. The most professional and friendliest staff, ready and willing to do whatever it took to keep our day perfect. Paula made sure we both got a plate full of food, and made sure we ate first. The buffet line went extremely smooth, and the food was absolutely amazing. Definitely a top notch experience with this company. Do not hesitate and miss out on what they have to offer.

Sent on 10/17/2016

The food was awesome! We went with a southern comfort food theme and had fried green tomatoes, chorizo and cheese grits, roasted pork, friend chicken, and some other stuff. Like I said the food was amazing and I didn't hear any complaints from our guests whatsoever. They also agreed to assist us with table decorations at no charge. I will say they aren't the cheapest but did a fabulous job.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Arina · Married on 08/30/2015

Really enjoyed working with Laura and team on our wedding at the Williamsburg Winery. The food was delicious and everyone said so! We had 98 guests for a seated dinner with a full bar and a lovely cocktail hour. We had the wrong salad served, though it was delicious as well...and we had no complaints. The bartenders were very friendly as well! The linens and table set up was perfect!

Highly recommend the Catering Company.

Sent on 09/02/2015

Debbie · Married on 06/01/2019

Rehearsal Dinner Review

Laura Reeves and her staff did an excellent job with our rehearsal dinner. She is very creative and experienced with these types of events and once we came up with a theme, she took our ideas and added decorations from her inventory that really made the event pop. Her staff was excellent and well-trained and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend her company for your event.

Sent on 06/10/2019