The Cake Guys Reviews

803 | Duncanville, TX

803 Reviews for The Cake Guys

Rhonda · Married on 05/23/2014

I ordered both my wedding cake and grooms cake (German chocolate) from a The Cake Guys. Both cakes were the most beautiful and delicious cakes I have ever had. My guests could not stop talking about how good the cakes were. The staff at The Cake Guys were professional and friendly. I went on several cake tastings and The Cake Guys were by far the best. They delivered my cakes on time and they were exactly what I ordered. I would recommend The Cake Guys to any bride. They are the best!

Sent on 06/08/2014

Melissa · Married on 05/17/2014

We ordered both of our cakes from The Cake Guys. From the first time we called them to set up a cake tasting to the delivery of the cakes on our wedding day, we always had a great experience. My husband and I were able to sit down with our families and taste all of the different flavors of cake and design two amazing cakes. My cake was absolutely beautiful and my husbands cake (featuring the Aggies) was awesome. We had so many compliments from our guests on how good the cake tasted. Even after our honeymoon, we enjoyed coming home to leftovers.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Chris · Married on 05/03/2014

We were married on 5/3/14 and had our wedding and grooms cake made by the cake guys. The cakes were beautiful. They looked exactly like they did in the consultation, and they were absolutely delicious. We got the white cake with the strawberry filling. Everyone loved it. They delivered a separate cake topper already sealed and ready to be frozen to be enjoyed next year.
    The consultant was very knowledgeable, friendly and easy to work with. I had to give them and updated time and change of address a couple of weeks before the wedding, and it was delivered on time to the correct location, which was in Frisco, TX about 1 hour away from The Cake Guys. It was well worth the trip.
    If you are looking for a cake for your wedding, this is the place to go.

Sent on 05/11/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/03/2014

Not only were my cakes beautiful, they tasted better than any cake I've ever had! So many guests wanted to know who did our cakes. They were amazing! The consultation in their office was so nice, Leia make perfect suggestions, drew out our cakes and took our breath away. They looked even better in person and they were super easy and seamless to deal with. I highly recommend them, I will be ordering future cakes from them!

Sent on 05/14/2014

Melanie · Married on 05/03/2014

Absolutely amazing. I loved my cake (5 layers- three fake; with rhinestones and "bracelets"). Not only was it beautiful, but also very tasty (white cake with amaretto in one layer and white cake with tres leches in another). I received so many compliments on the cakes taste and appearance. Grooms cake was also very nice and they took the extra effort to text me pictures of different chocolate trains in the weeks prior to the wedding to ensure that it would be perfect. The cake tasted so good that we brought the leftovers to brunch for our out of town guests the next day, and they ate it all.

Sent on 05/17/2014

Chelsea · Married on 04/27/2014

Whatever you do, make sure you book with these people!!

BEST CAKE EVER.

Your guests will remember it. Your wedding party will remember it. And when you have leftovers that you bring to work, your coworkers will thank you and ask you where it's from.

This will be the best decision you make about your wedding, I promise!

Sent on 05/27/2014
  • User4042016 · 2+ years ago

Love this place. I planned my Dallas wedding from out of state and couldn’t have worked (on our cakes) with anyone else. Cake Guys is so organized, thorough, and seriously has their stuff together.

I read almost everything on their website, had all the coupons printed, and had even emailed back and forth with one of the owners (Chad) before my then-fiancee (now husband) and I went in for our tasting. I wanted to incorporate gold color into my cake without spending the extra $ for a custom cake. Chad was awesome at explaining my gold options and made several suggestions. The woman who helped us at our tasting was surprised by how organized and ready we were, but that is what made the tasting even more enjoyable: we could spend the time truly enjoying the cakes and picking details.

We ended up ordering three cakes at our tasting: a 5-tier bride’s cake E (red velvet), a Groom’s cake C (german chocolate - if they only give you a standard chocolate sample at your tasting, ask for the german chocolate too!), and a 9 inch gluten free round white chocolate raspberry. We called that one our “couple’s cake” :) Check out my review on Yelp and you can see pictures!

After I ordered I had several questions about the size of the plates under the cakes so that I could order cake stands. They were always very great about responding to my emails.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Shirley · Married on 04/19/2014

I will refer the Cake Guys to everyone I know who needs a beautiful, moist, delicious cake for their wedding! I was impressed with the many different styles of cakes that they offer to choose from. On the day of our cake tasting, their staff made our experience more wonderful than we could have imagined with their concern & patience in regards to the choices that my husband & I were pondering over for our selection. We were able to have a private moment while choosing our cake, filling and icing that suited our own unique tastes and they also allowed us to make a slight change to our cake style choice so that the design suited both of our personalities. Don't hesitate to give the Cake Guys a visit when needing a baker. They are top notch in the elegance & class department!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Lana · Married on 04/13/2014

I loved the detail on the wedding cake and the grooms cake. I cant wait to use them in the future....the Amaretto flavor is delish!

Communication between us and the employees about every detail was great. We communicated through email and text.

Sent on 04/24/2014
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 04/12/2014

The Cake guys are exceptional. Awsome service and their cakes are so delicious. Nothing like it around. The Bride and grooms cake we designed and received were out of the world outside and in.

From the time we had our cake tasting up until our wedding day. Everything was awsome.
    They made our vision come alive and we could not have asked for a better cake vendor.

I stronlg suggest these guys for future weddings. Nothing arounf like them.

Sent on 04/24/2014

Judith · Married on 04/12/2014

We scheduled a cake tasting - as instructed at the Duncanville location, and were very pleased with the options and ability of staff to help us gauge what would work best for us. We knew what we wanted and they didn't try to keep us there and pad the bill. When talking about the color, décor, they were very honest and told us what colors would work best. Now. The important part.....my husband and I first argument as a married couple was over this cake.....he ate mine...and his...and was mad that the guest ate all there's too ! We went with the sweet inspiration packages which were easy really really good - and fed EVERYONE. Our top layer is in the deep freeze waiting for next April when we'll have our SECOND argument as a married couple...right ? :) thanks Guys !

Sent on 04/25/2014

Christy · Married on 04/05/2014

My cakes were absolutely gorgeous! I got so many complements on how amazing they tasted as well! The whole process went smoothly from ordering them to delivering them! I highly recommend using them!

Sent on 04/15/2014

The Cake Guys did a great job on your wedding cakes. The cake tasted great. We got a lot of compliments on how the cake looked and tasted. They were easy to work with and even went above and beyond working with our florist to put fresh flowers on the cake. We would highly recommend The Cake Guys for any event.

Sent on 04/15/2014

Tabitha · Married on 04/05/2014

I hired the Cake Guys for my daughters Quinceanera(15th birthday). From the time of my consultation/cake tasting to the date of the event, every single interaction with this company was pleasant and professional. To my delight and surprise Chad, one of the owners, met with my mom, my daughter and myself for the consultation/cake tasting. He answered every one of my many questions with patience and kindness and never acted as if I was a bother or tried to rush me. I cant say enough good things about this company. You would have thought I was purchasing a cake for Kim and Kanye’s upcoming wedding, that’s the kind of treatment I received. When the day of my event arrived the cake was set up and waiting before I even arrived to the venue. I had a few issues with a few other vendors that I hired for my event but not with the Cake Guys, my mind was at complete ease once I hired them to handle the cake. They were wonderful from start to finish and the cake was beautiful and delicious. I had guests calling me the day after my event asking if there was any cake left it was that good!!! I give them two thumbs up and will recommend them to anyone I know that is in the market for a cake.

Sent on 04/29/2014

Kristie · Married on 04/05/2014

Best cake I've ever tasted! Decorated beautifully. Wonderful staff. Punctual. Great discounts online. If you want an unforgettable cake that your guests will rave about, go to the Cake Guys.

Sent on 05/28/2014
  • Kristie & Bryce

Kristie · Married on 04/05/2014

Amazing delicious flavorful moist cake! Your guests will rave about how wonderful it looks and tastes. We had a great experience with the Cake Guys. They know what they are doing! Extremely professional and on time. You can count on the Cake Guys for any occasion, especially your big day!

Sent on 05/28/2014

I have to say Cake Guys wowed me! Not only did both our wedding cake, and grooms cake look amazing they tasted great too! They are very professional and try their best to get what you want. I know both cakes were EVERYTHING I wanted. I even had some last minute changes 3 days before the wedding and they worked with me just fine. I did have one concern about portions and was worried we wouldn't have enough cake but we had a perfect amount.!! The Cake Guys not only impressed us but everyone that attended our wedding, we had some family members and friends asked for their information for their upcoming events. If we ever have another big event, they will definitely be our top choice!

Sent on 04/14/2014

Diana · Married on 03/29/2014

My cake was beautiful and gorgeous at the same time. Not just the looks, but my cake tasted heavenly moist. I was satisfied with how professional the staff was and especially friendly. In my opinion you get what you pay for and much more. They were prompt and delievered my cake earlier than expected, which helped me out since I was on a time crunch. They did the finishing touch up on the table, which was nice of them.

My decor on the cake was stunning. Everything looked precise and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I would definitely recommend The Cake Guy!

Sent on 04/14/2014

Hyeilin · Married on 03/22/2014

The Cake Guys is just incredible!! We got both bride and groom's cake at a very nice price thanks to their sweet inspiration package and more importantly, the cakes were SOOOO delicious! On top of that, my husband wanted a very unique groom's cake with a CSI logo and a crime scene designed on a chocolate cake. I wasn't sure about this at first, but they really executed his crazy idea so perfectly and I was so impressed with how it turned out! It was such a big hit at the wedding and everybody kept talking about how awesome it was. I would strongly recommend The Cake Guys to whoever getting married in DFW. They are amazing talents and won't disappoint you!

Sent on 03/27/2014

Emmaline · Married on 03/22/2014

We were so amazed with The Cake Guys! The cakes they made were BEAUTIFUL and they offered affordable packages … we had a 5 tier bridal cake with two different fillings, 2 lake chocolate fudge grooms cake, and chocolate covered strawberries for $800. This also included delivery, setup, and a prepackaged cake topper to take home and freeze for our anniversary. Every interaction I had with them was positive and professional. They delivered on time and arranged fresh flowers on my cake BEAUTIFULLY! We got compliments about both the presentation and taste of the cake all night long … people have kept talking about it even after the fact! I would highly recommend them to anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area. My mouth is watering just thinking about it again …

Sent on 03/30/2014

Stephanie · Married on 03/15/2014

My wedding was March 15, as soon as I walked in the venue my attention was caught by the wedding cake! Absolutely loved my cake! Not only did it look good, it taste good! Exceeded my expectations! Love it and have been ordering cakes from them for birthdays, graduations, etc!

Sent on 03/17/2014

Maria · Married on 03/15/2014

From the moment we entered the Duncanville location Chad and staff went above and beyond to not only answer every question and provide insight to every possible cake design and finance option but also to guarantee that our beautiful wedding cake would be the very last thing we would have to worry about on our wedding. As it turns out, our fairy tale outdoor wedding was rained out but the amazing cake from The Cake Guys helped the day to end on a perfect note!

Sent on 03/26/2014

Kathy · Married on 03/09/2014

THE BEST WEDDING CAKE EVER!
    Planned my daughter’s wedding from Atlanta and finding the perfect wedding cake in Dallas was my greatest obstacle. Read the wonderful reviews for The Cake Guys on Wedding Wire. Went to The Cake Guys website and was amazed! Not only was their website user friendly, after reading all the many great reviews I knew I could trust these guys. Scheduled a tasting at their very convince “Tasting Saturday’s” the next time we were in Dallas. It was an awesome experience and the cakes were divine! I saved money with their cash deals and several coupons from their website. I felt this was not just a good thing; it must have been was a God thing. The day of the wedding, I was taken back how GORGEOUS THE CAKE WAS!! Many guest RAVED ABOUT HOW GOOD IT TASTED. The bride and groom couldn’t wait to have more, and broke into their topper before their one-month anniversary. Yeah the Cake Guy’s, they’re THAT GOOD!

Sent on 04/09/2014

R · Married on 03/08/2014

The Cake Guys is the absolute best!!! We knew from we saw their cakes that we wanted them to be a part of our special day. Their designs are the most beautiful! And after we tasted their cakes, it was a no brainier. Everyone at the wedding cannot stop talking about how delicious the cake was. It truly was a masterpiece. Everyone at The Cake Guys was so helpful too. It was such a pleasure having them make our wedding cake!

Sent on 03/14/2014

Lisa · Married on 03/08/2014

I received great help/advice from the employees. The cake looked not only gorgeous, but it tasted delicious! My husband and I are very happy we went with Cake Guys.

Sent on 05/07/2014