Table Field Catering Reviews

82 | Baltimore, MD

82 Reviews for Table Field Catering

Dana · Married on 06/25/2011

We cannot say enough about the quality of food and service that we recieved from Paul and Rebecca for our wedding. We were originally drawn to them because of their committment to using local growers and having the dinner served 'family-style'. We received many positive comments about the food-which was incredible- and some guests wanted Paul's pasta as thier 'wedding favor'! Paul listens to your ideas and then tweaks them to the next level. It was a terrific experience dealing with them and I would use Dionysus again for any event. 6/25/11

Sent on 07/03/2011

Lauren · Married on 06/18/2011

We were so excited when we found Dionysus Kitchen. We LOVE food and wanted the food at our wedding to be unique and delicious. Paul was a pleasure to work with and helped us to design a menu that was seasonal, creative and included all of our favorites. He is a great chef and all of the food tasted incredible. Rebecca thinks of every possible detail and made us feel so comfortable throughout the entire planning process. They were both available if we had questions and I always knew they had everything covered. If you are looking for a high quality of food with an emphasis on seasonal and local foods - all at a great value and impeccable level of service - you have found it with dionysus kitchen. I would highly recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 07/26/2011

Laura · Married on 05/15/2011

Received plenty of compliments on the food - by far the best catering we've ever had at a wedding! Paul & Rebecca are very informative, flexible, and creative. They're easy to work with and full of great ideas. They also offered a lot of necessary guidance to us during the planning stages. We felt completely confident having our wedding in their hands and they truly helped to make the day as beautiful and successful as it was!

Sent on 05/18/2011

Frank · Married on 09/18/2010

Paul and Rebecca are wonderful people and made our day very memorable. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for wonderful food and great service.

Sent on 10/14/2010

Natalie · Married on 09/05/2010

One would think that when choosing a caterer the most important consideration would be the food. I found in planning my daughter’s wedding that there is a lot more to think about than that! From our very first conversation, Dionysus Kitchen was head and shoulders above any other caterer that I spoke with.
    Paul and Rebecca Dongarra are great at what they do. They handled so many of the details pertaining to food, set-up, rentals, etc. that it made my job as Mother-of-the Bride/Wedding Planner so much easier! Prior to my daughter’s wedding I was clueless about what I was getting myself into!
    Dionysus Kitchen really made us feel as if our event was important to them. While I’m sure they had many other clients, they always made time for us, responded to calls and emails promptly, and made sure that we were aware of all the details of our contract from soup to nuts – no pun intended! The coordinated details with our venue, The BMI, and provided what was needed by the DJ.
    Everything went seamlessly the day of the wedding. Their staff was efficient and courteous, everything was ready on time, and of course I must mention that the food was exactly as promised, well presented, and absolutely delicious!
    I highly recommend Dionysus Kitchen for your catering needs, and I hope I will have the pleasure of working with them in the future. Natalie Boecker

Sent on 10/13/2010

Michelle · Married on 09/04/2010

My husband and I were looking for an interesting and creative French/Mediterranean menu for our wedding at a family farm. We were referred by friends and family to three of the larger caterer’s in the area, Linwoods, Classic, and Chef’s Expressions. After a bit of research on wedding wire, I found Paul and Rebecca and after reading their profile we decided to add them to the short list. We answered a few questions for each of the caterers over the phone and they sent us sample menus in our price range. Linwoods and Dionysus were the only ones in the group that really seemed to listen to what we wanted, but Paul went above and beyond. His menu was a creative 5 course menu with everything from quail to cured meats instead of the standard salad, filet mignon and dessert. So we scheduled tastings with Dionysus, Linwoods and Chef’s Expressions. The paring down process began. Chef’s expression’s wine dinner made us physically ill, with half of it deep fried and badly paired, so that was an easy decision. Linwoods’s food was great, our contact was friendly, helpful and detail oriented, but we didn’t love that we were still choosing from a list of dishes whose ingredients weren’t necessarily seasonal or local. Then we arrived at Paul and Rebecca’s home in Ellicott City. The tasting was spectacular, each dish was delicious and creative, paired perfectly with wine, with ingredients from his own garden and local farms and the menu he came up with was perfect. My husband and I considered our options and we decided that the personal and detail-oriented approach of Dionysus was the right choice for us.
    We had a thorough walk-through of the farm with our wedding planner, florist and Paul and Rebecca about a month before the wedding and hashed out all of the details for the day of. Everything was pretty much a blur from that point on but it all went very smoothly. Paul and Rebecca definitely lived up to our expectations. Christian and I were greeted with glasses of wine and hors d’oeuvres immediately following the ceremony. Our guests raved about the cheeses, cured meats, and hors d’oeuvres selection during the cocktail hours. The dinner was wonderful; well executed and timed, and our guests loved the four part antipasti plate, the gazpacho, and braised short ribs, rockfish, and quail entrees. We couldn’t have hoped for a better catering experience! Thank You Paul and Rebecca :)

Sent on 09/19/2010

Betsy · Married on 08/28/2010

Full disclosure: we actually knew Paul and Rebecca from our church before we hired them to cater our wedding. However, that's not why we hired them. We shopped around and found that:

1. Dionysus' Kitchen has the most DELICIOUS food! Our tastings with other caterers couldn't compare! We've received many compliments on the food from our guests. My husband and I enjoy cooking and going out to nice restaurants, and having delicious food at the reception was very important to us. We were looking for something a little bit different, since so many times you go to a wedding and it's the same old meal of chicken or beef with green beans. We did tastings with a couple of other caterers who offered a set menu and were sorely disappointed by their offerings -- it seemed like everything was straight out of the freezer and into the oven. No such worries with Dionysus' Kitchen -- all of their food is fresh, in-season, and local whenever possible. The tasting occurred at the home of Paul and Rebecca and had more of the atmosphere of a dinner party with good friends. It was winter-time, and Paul had prepared a root vegetable soup and roast pork with sauteed greens, all of which were outstanding. Once we decided to book them, we went back in for a second consultation where we did more general planning work and put together a menu. None of this "choose 2 items from this list and 3 from that list..." for us -- our menu was customized by Paul to our personal tastes. Our menu consisted of a Mediterranean-themed appetizer station and passed hors d'oeuvres at cocktail hour; a salad course (beet salad with almond-crusted goat cheese); a pasta course (in tomato sauce with eggplant and other veggies); and a main course (roast pork loin with apples and stuffed summer squash), all served family-style to the tables. At no extra charge, they had prepared individual meals for those of our guests with dietary restrictions, which was nice because they didn't have to feel like second-class citizens.

2. Dionysus' Kitchen is a great value. They were cheaper than comparable caterers, probably because of #3. At the beginning of the planning process, we agreed that good food was the one area where we were willing to splurge and go a little overboard. In the end, we didn't need to. For the level of quality and service that we enjoyed, we got excellent value on our money.

3. We loved Dionysus' focus on using local, sustainable ingredients. While we did serve pork, the meal was not meat-heavy and emphasized in-season produce. We're also recycling fanatics and loved that Dionysus' Kitchen always includes a nominal fee ($50) to recycle, since many venues do not provide recycling.

4. Paul and Rebecca are great to work with! In addition to being a talented and creative chef, Paul is just a fun and engaging guy to have around (Rebecca very capably handles the business side of things). The fact that they're a smaller operation than many others meant that we got plenty of personal attention from the ones actually in charge. Closer to the wedding date, we had a logistical walk-through at the reception site where Rebecca talked us through all of the day-of details, including timeline, room set-up, deliveries, etc. She was very helpful in identifying specific things that we needed to do in preparation. On the day of, everything went off almost exactly according to plan. Paul took the microphone, welcomed the guests, and announced the menu, which saved us the expense of printing menu cards. They also provided bartenders (we provided our own alcohol). The food and service were excellent, and we got lots of positive feedback from guests to that same effect. The only thing that went remotely wrong was we were behind schedule, but that's not at all unusual for a wedding and wasn't entirely the caterers' fault since we started late anyway.

I enthusiastically recommend them for anyone looking for good, fresh food with a personal touch!

Sent on 10/18/2010

Table Field Catering's reply:

I wanted you to know Paul and I just had an opportunity to read the review you posted. Wow- I read it aloud to Paul here in the office.
    We are both extremely appreciative of your kind words. Thank you so much for such a thorough and nice review. It was certainly our privilege to cater your wedding. It is one thing to see one another at church and it is another to witness your parents coming in celebration for your love and to see extended family and friends join together in support of you and Alex as a married couple. It was our pleasure helping you create your wedding day. We are glad you were happy with our food and service and you enjoyed working with us throughout the process during those months leading up to your wedding reception.

Thank you again for trusting in us.

Mike C. · Married on 08/07/2010

Paul and Rebecca of Dionysus Kitchen made our son’s wedding reception a wonderful experience. Truly a night to remember. The food was unique, varied and exceptional.
    The quality was outstanding. Everything tasted great. The presentation of the food was lovely, and the service was great. The Chef even came out to talk to the guests to see if they were enjoying the food. I have never seen that kind of evolvement and caring from a catering service. We enjoyed the food very much, and we received rave comments about the food from our family and friends. Because of the service and the food, the reception was a great success. It was a magical night that all enjoyed. If you are looking for great food and wonderful service for any event, then Dionysus Kitchen is the place to go. My wife and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 04/28/2012

Brian · Married on 06/19/2010

On a brilliant late November afternoon amidst trees, a lake and the sounds of nature I asked Abby to marry me. I knew I found the woman for me, but how to plan a wedding was a whole different matter. As we approached early December we both knew that we wanted to have a wedding that reflected our vision of such an amazing and momentous life decision. This meant that any semblance of a cookie cutter ceremony and reception was out of the question.
    Abby and I envisioned our wedding encapsulating many of our shared values and ideals: community, authenticity, sincerity and joy. We also understood that any company involved in our wedding had to be local and independent. This would be a tall order for any company in a world that has largely chosen profit over meaningful and sincere human interaction.
    After a few weeks of considering various caterers, Abby found the web-site for Dionysus Kitchen. Their web-site is not only easy to navigate, but offers a plethora of choices that could titillate any palate. In our initial correspondence with Paul (co-owner of Dionysus Kitchen, magnificent Chef and all around amazing fellow), we asked him if he could create a vegan menu for our wedding. Paul not only heartedly embraced the challenge, but was genuinely excited about the possibilities of a full-course vegan dinner. Paul's enthusiasm not only told me that me loved the art of cooking, but that he had chosen his profession wisely. This was the first of many conversations where Paul's sincerity and dedication tempered the rising stress of planning a wedding. All along Abby and I worried we might find ourselves working with a cold and detached corporate caterer. Paul and Rebecca Dongerra of Dionysus Kitchen are entirely removed from this portrait. We could not have been happier to find them.
    One concept that drew us closer to Dionysus Kitchen is their dedication to green philosophy. Dionysus is not simply another company hoping to attach themselves to a new idea. Both Paul and Rebecca's body of work shows their belief in all things green and local. While discussing our menu, Paul emphasized what would be locally available in June. Not only were we going to have the freshest vegetables available, we were also supporting local farmers. Huzzah!
    As winter set in, Paul invited us to a tasting. That evening, Abby and I met another couple that was also planning a summer wedding. Beyond the amazing food, I was most impressed by Paul's ability to make both a vegan and meat-based entree. While Abby and I raved over the vegan entree, the other couple had similar reviews for their meat-based entree. This clearly shows Paul's versatility as a chef. Throughout the evening, Paul talked about how he prepared the evening's selections and how many of the meal's ingredients were supplied by local farmers. Again, this showed Paul's dedication to all things local, green and independent. Abby and I could not have had a more enjoyable evening.
    As the wedding got ever closer...Abby and I stayed in contact with Paul and Rebecca. Prior to choosing Dionysus, Abby and I were worried about the logistics of putting together a wedding. As our wedding coordinator, Rebecca put all of our concerns to rest. Rebecca not only ordered the linens, plates, tables and chairs, but was more than happy to coordinate information with our other vendors. Our walk through with Rebecca at the church was extremely helpful. In short, Paul and Rebecca's pre-wedding assistance allayed our stress and made planning a wedding a joyous and manageable experience.
    At long last, our wedding day arrived! I arrived at the church an hour prior to the ceremony. I was blown away by Rebecca's arrangement and use of the space. Abby and I wanted our wedding to reflect our belief in community. Rebecca arranged the chairs so that two long rows on each side enveloped us as we walked down the aisle. It was not only beautiful, but allowed us to feel surrounded by our loved ones. Beyond this, Rebecca handled all the other details of making the space gorgeous. I could not have been more pleased.
    After the ceremony, our guests were invited into another room for a cocktail hour. As with the ceremony, Rebecca's flair for detail and excellence continued to reveal itself. During the cocktail hour, Rebecca's catering staff set up the tables and prepared the space for the dinner that followed. The table arrangements could not have been more spectacular. Prior to dinner, Paul came out from the kitchen to tell our guests a little about the food for the evening. Abby and I requested this, and could not have been happier with Paul's excellent description of the evening's fare. As for the food... our guests were about to set their eyes upon a feast! For the salad course, Paul prepared a local lettuce with asparagus, strawberries and balsamic vinagrette with sliced baguette and olive oil. The soup course included a carrot and parsnip soup with coconut milk, lemongrass and ginger. The entree offered our guests two options: patty pan squash stuffed with mushroom-pecan cornbread stuffing with a strawberry rhubarb drizzle / pasta with mixed spring early summer vegetables diced and sauteed with garlic and carmelized onions with olive oil, fresh local herbs and toasted homemade bread crumbs. Our friends and family members not only loved the food, but were impressed by the polite and professional service. Throughout the night, dozens of folks passed on to me their kind words about Paul, Rebecca and the catering staff.
    If I had the opportunity to marry Abby a hundred more times...I would choose Dionysus Kitchen a hundred more times. There is no doubt that Abby and I chose wisely. Dionysus Kitchen did a magnificent job and elevated a glorious moment in our lives to one that was purely sublime. It is my personal pleasure to have met and worked with Paul and Rebecca. They are not only good people, but folks who are dedicated to planning and carrying out spectacular weddings. Placing one's wedding in their hands is not a roll of the dice, but a sure fire way to guarantee the evening of your life.

Sent on 08/01/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/09/2009

My husband and I chose Dionysus Kitchen after trying 2 other caterers. The most important part of the day for us was the food, and after the tasting with them it was a no brainer. Immediately upon meeting Paul (the chef) you know that cooking is his passion, and that he puts his heart and soul into it. His wife Rebecca (she takes care of the logistiscs) is great to work with for getting all of the details of the day worked out. She's very easy-going and makes great suggestions to help with your decision-making. Planning a wedding is stressful, but we honestly did not worry one bit about the food...we just knew after working with them all the months leading up to our wedding that everything would be great.

We heard nothing but great comments regarding the food and service. We both enjoyed everything immensely and we were so happy with the quality of the food. Their service staff was SUPERB; they were all very accommodating and very kind. They looked after my husband and I to make sure we were eating as we were trying to work the room all night. We had many foodies among our guests and they were very impressed. Paul and Rebecca truly care about what they do, and they care about giving you the very best for your event. I don't think many other caterers or other vendors have their hearts in it like they do, and that makes a big difference.

Sent on 11/08/2009
  • I

Sandhya · Married on 09/05/2009

We received nothing but rave reviews from our guests for Dionysus' Kitchen during and after our wedding. We add our own rave reviews for the entire vendor selection and planning process and, of course, for the event itself. We also appreciate their use of local produce, their eco-consciousness, and the fact that they donate left-over food to shelters in Baltimore.

Of all the caterers with whom we spoke, Dionysus' Kitchen was by far the most professional and responsive catering firm. The first time we spoke with Paul, we could tell the amount of thought and planning which had gone into simply developing a proposal. In contrast, although I mentioned to other caterers that we are both Indian and would like to serve Indian as well as other food, other caterers simply sent us their standard menu selections. Paul was very up front about the expectations on both sides of the contract, as were we, so we did not experience the kinds of problems mentioned by one of the other reviewers.

Once we had completed menu planning, we started coordinating logistics with Rebecca, who was a dream to work with. We met at the venue and Rebecca was totally prepared with floor plans, timelines, rentals information, and super ideas. She also coordinated with all of our vendors (venue, florist/decor, favors, cakes/desserts, DJ, rentals, etc). Rebecca kept us on track and provided lots of moral support as well. We walked in on the day of the ceremony and reception with absolutely no worries, and with good cause... everything went off without a hitch. The food was outstanding, the organization was outstanding and the service was outstanding.

With great happiness and without reservation, we highly recommend Dionysus' Kitchen!

Sent on 09/09/2009

Elizabeth · Married on 07/25/2009

Dionysus Kitchens were a pleasure to work with from planning our local food, green wedding to incredible service and wonderful food at the event. Our tent became a challenge when a thunder storm blew through. Staff politely, gently and competently "floated" tables into positions that wouldn't get wet, handled changes in plans with a weather-delay, and cheerfully provided lovely service. Now separately, I must say that the reception was full of our "foodie" friends and they felt that the food was absolutely delicious. It was unique, fresh, local and had such a delightful flare everyone wanted recipes. Another favorite thing was a little touch added by Dionysus Kitchens to our table decorations. The way they placed the napkins made all the decorations "POP" - clearly a good idea they added. Hire them!

Sent on 08/14/2009

Alia · Married on 06/20/2009

We were extremely pleased with the quality of food and service from Dionysus Kitchen. The menu was exactly what I had imagined, and the day went off with out a hitch despite challenging weather. My husband and I live in New York and work long hours, but Rebecca (who does the coordinating end of things) was happy to work around our hectic schedules. If your looking for yummy local ingredients, and a more personal experience, Dionysus Kitchen is the way to go!

Sent on 07/23/2009

Jeanne · Married on 08/30/2008

I really don't know where to begin. Paul made my daughter's wedding wonderful in so many ways! First, of course, the food was delicious and very special. We met with other caterers who seemed capable of putting on a perfectly fine meal, but Paul's was truly memorable and in the final analysis a much better value than the "corporate caterers" we met. Many of our family members and guests have raved about the food at the reception ever since - in fact, Paul drew applause from a table occupied by some of our "foodie" friends! Next, the service was impeccable - very unobtrusive, but everything went so smoothly. All of the waitstaff and bartenders were extremely professional and very cordial. Paul was very responsive and helpful to me, and I needed a lot of help because I was planning the whole wedding from Minnesota. I made two planning trips to Baltimore and Paul made sure that we got everything accomplished during those trips. Finally, Paul made great recommendations to us for a DJ, a florist and a bakery for the wedding cake. Each one was great, as one would expect of vendors who rose to Paul's high standards. I would recommend Paul wholeheartedly to anyone!

Sent on 04/04/2009

Sarah · Married on 05/17/2008

Small company, wonderful to work with. They use local, organic ingredients (if you want) and make delicious, unique food! Paul & Rebecca, the owners, were great. Very attentive, responsive,and flexible. Highly recommended.

Sent on 06/03/2008

Katie · Married on 08/12/2006

Dionysus's Kitchen is where it's at! From the beginning planning stages until the end of my reception Paul and his staff gave their all to make a memorable evening for me and my partner. The outstanding food and his broad knowledge of different cuisines is the icing on the cake!

Sent on 03/04/2009

Steve · Married on 04/15/2006

Chef Paul Dongarra and his exceptional staff prepared an authentic, 5 course, family style Italian dinner for our wedding reception of approximately 250 guests. The detail and planning which went into every course and wine selection by Chef Paul was world class. As foodies, my wife and I were not willing to settle for a mediocre, wedding dinner. All of our guests raved that it was the best wedding meal they had every had and were requesting recipes! They staff was very discreet and our guests were overwhelmed with service. I would not think of recommending any other Baltimore area caterer.

Sent on 03/11/2009

Meg · Married on 10/09/2005

Paul at Dionysus is by far the most amazing caterer in the Baltimore area. His level of expertise, his commitment to a good product and his creativity lend for a spectacular catered event. I chose him to cater our wedding with lots of picky Italian relatives, and he delivered some of the best food they had ever tasted. EVERYONE said... "best wedding food EVER"....

My husband and I are foodies, so a regular caterer would not do. I sincerely support every word of this testimony!

A+++++

Sent on 01/28/2008

Bill · Married on 06/09/2001

Without reservation or hesitation, I enthusiastically recommend Dionysus Kitchen. You will be blown away by the quality and attention to detail. I've had the pleasure of experiencing one of Paul's events. Paul develops memorable creations in the kitchen, but as important, he takes the time to develop a personal rapport with his clients. He's gregarious and engaging which helps take an event to the next level. Often times large scale events can be challenging, but Paul's work ethic and jovial attitude rise to the occasion to put the customer at ease. It's quite clear that he isn't satisfied until the customer is satisfied. Paul and Rebecca are very warm and accommodating. Everyone I've spoken with has nothing but praise for the work they do. Dionysus Kitchen is one of the top catering services in the Baltimore/Washington area. No question about it.

Sent on 05/08/2009

Shauna · Married on 09/10/2011

Paul and Rebecca of Dionysus were great to work with. Rebecca has great planning knowledge and is the one who originally recommended my venue when my first choice was unavailable.

The tasting is done at their home. I understand for some people this is awkward, but it was pretty neat. Definitely more like you would think an actual meal with friends would go at a wedding, rather than a stark office room.

They are very reasonable, working with your budget and have many options for techniques and styles of cooking. It was also very easy to work with them for the rental selection as well. I read some reviews here before I selected them about Paul being too assertive, and I wouldn't say that. Paul is very enthusiastic about what he does, it shows. But, at the same time, I wasn't afraid to go against him, it's just a matter of opinion and you are the client.

There were a couple little bumps during the wedding, but nothing major, and it was all handled well. The staff that they bring for service and the bar was great too.

Sent on 02/22/2012

Leah · Married on 04/30/2011

Many thanks to Dionysus Kitchen for being a part of our beautiful wedding at the Baltimore Museum of Industry on April 30, 2011. Their service and professionalism guided us through the wedding process from start to finish. The efforts made to create a menu that our guests would love, and at the same time would be well-chosen for the spring season, was apparent. We heard nothing but compliments from our guests on the quality of the food and the service (both bartenders and waitstaff). And everyone greatly appreciated the visit from Paul to each of the tables - it made our guests feel special and valued.

The reception room looked stunning and was exactly what we had pictured for our guests. The personal touches we had requested, including a pie service table, were executed perfectly. Even with a terrific wedding coordinator to assist us the day of the wedding, Rebecca was essential to the success of the day. Her knowledge of the Baltimore Museum of Industry and her coordination with my various vendors allowed Jeff and I to relax knowing our reception was in good hands.

We have loved working with Dionysus Kitchen and would recommend them to anyone looking for delicious, thoughtfully-planned food, attention to details and friendly and professional service.

Sincerely,
    Leah and Jeff Mayer

Sent on 05/16/2011

Katy · Married on 07/03/2010

From the beginning Dionysus' Kitchen offered the personal touch we were looking for. We received quotes from over 12 caterers and only Dionysus took into consideration the importance of local, seasonal and sustainable ingredients that we asked for. It was extremely important that we respectful and aware of resources while planning for our wedding and Dionysus supported us 100% on the issue. They were patient with us through the decision process and and gave us the time and personal attention we needed. We where invited to their home for a tasting and was one of the best meals we have ever had.

Paul was wonderful and so caring throughout the planning process. He really seems to care about you and your event and is as excited about it as you are. We had some budgetary restrictions and Paul was happy to work with us to find creative ways to still offer an outstanding meal. He was even able to provide a few vegan meals and a meal for a guest with extreme food allergies. We received numerous comments about the meal and most said it was the best they had ever had at a wedding.

Rebecca was great at holding down the logistical/planning end and patient with our indecisiveness. She helped guide us through the planning process and was easily accessible with any questions we had. My husband is a teacher and cannot easily take time off and they were able to work with us on times to meet so he could still participate in the planning process.

We were extremely happy with experience as a whole and would recommend them.

Sent on 07/07/2010

Lauren · Married on 10/17/2009

I hardly know where to start. We hired Paul and Rebecca to cater our October wedding of about 140 people. Let's start before that. We first met Paul and Rebecca when they invited us to their home for the most amazing dinner of my life. The only reason we didn't book with them that night is that we hadn't yet met with other caterers and had recieved proposals from other caterers in the same price range. I'm glad we checked out other caterers so that we KNEW Dionysus was right for us. When other caterers were asked to prepare vegan meals, they offered cheese. Paul didn't bat an eyelash. And immediately came up with a list a mile long of creative dishes he could prepare for the vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters at our wedding. There is no challenge that Paul and Rebecca will not embrace!
    My husband and I both have awful schedules and Paul and Rebecca were more than accomodating. What's better is that when we got too stressed out to remember what was going on, Rebecca sent a gentle reminder about what our next step was, and she is unrelenting in her support on the days that you will want to give up! She even gave me directions to the shoe store - this woman knows everything!
    If there is one thing that comes to mind when I consider what makes these guys the best - it's this story: we were on the phone with Rebecca at some ungodly hour of the evening going over seating charts (because they do that too!), and she said to me "Paul just walked in and said to tell you that he's really excited because the cheese that he got for your sliders is awesome." This is a chef who remembers you, knows you and your menu and is excited about his work.
    Let me tell you about our wedding day. I was nervous about everything going wrong. And somethings did. But the ONLY thing I wasn't worried about was Dionysus Catering. The food was amazing. I wasn't able to eat everything I wanted to because I was busy trying to be a good host, but everything I had was great! And, I would not have had anything if Rebecca hadn't noticed that I hadn't eaten and made me a plate.
    I don't have to make a criticism, but I will tell you know that Dionysus will cost a little more than you may be willing to spend. Believe me, it is worth it. You will not get the same service and peace of mind from anyone else.
    Organic, local foods are not my top priority. But the fact that Paul uses them, recycles everything and gives leftovers to homeless shelters tipped the scales in his favor for me. If these things matter to you, even a little, Paul is your guy.
    I cannot say enough about Dionysus, and if you've read this far, I should have convinced you! Hire them - Paul and Rebecca were born to do this!

Sent on 10/28/2009
  • Wendy

Wendy G. · Married on 11/03/2018

Talented, passionate catering

My husband and I worked with Paul and Tablefield Catering for our recent wedding. We began working with him about 10 months before our wedding and spent countless hours on the phone with him before our big day.

We loved that he designed our menu from scratch based on what we wanted, rather than picking from pre-set choices. He also helped coordinate rentals like our linens, lighting and upgraded silverware. It was great to not deal with that stuff ourself.

On the day of our wedding, the food was awesome. We got a lot of compliments from our guests. Because we had our wedding at the Accelerator Space, Paul was able to cook the food directly in his kitchen and bring everything up fresh. He also employed other B-More Kitchen vendors throughout our wedding (s/o to Taste This Cake, Jamillah was also amazing).

I will admit that there were a couple hiccups the day of behind the scenes, but Paul worked with us to make those things right. He really cared about ensuring we were happy with how everything ended up, which we truly appreciated.

I would highly recommend Tablefield Catering if you're looking for a personalized experience with a really passionate caterer, and awesome food that will definitely impress your guests.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/15/2018

We hired Table Field Catering for our wedding. Paul and his staff were fantastic to work with from day 1 to the big day. We knew we would hire them from the beginning after our initial food tasting was amazing. Paul helped to determine how best to serve food, came up with a timeline for the day and turned our food wishlist in our heads into a reality. Paul is a fantastic chef and the food and menu he came up with for us was terrific. He helped us create a balance between fun food (tacos) and your more traditional items (salmon). He turned our wish to have tacos at our wedding into something way beyond your basic tex mex tacos.
    Service at the wedding was excellent. We became a few minutes behind schedule, but it was ultimately a very minor issue and allowed enough time to get 170 people through the buffet line. He helped us with decor and creating a floor plan for table setup.
    Paul was very personable and very responsive. He was also very flexible for any and every change we wanted to make up to the wedding. Overall, we would highly recommend Table Field for your wedding or any event.

Sent on 09/21/2018