Sweet Layers Cakes & Pastries Reviews

28 | Murrieta, CA

28 Reviews for Sweet Layers Cakes & Pastries

Jordan · Married on 12/03/2016

They did a great job on our desserts (cupcakes, cookies and macaroons) at a local winery and set up the table beautifully. I liked that they had gluten-free options as well and the coconut macaroons are to die for, though all were delicious and very pretty.

Sent on 12/28/2016
  • carriemichelle

Carrie · Married on 06/19/2016

Our wedding at the Temecula Creek Inn this past Sunday (6/19) was amazing. Every single one of our guests was impressed by our butter pecan cake. The design (inspired by my dress) and the taste...absolutely fantastic. We also had small dessert bar that included mini red velvet & chocolate cupcakes, as well as chocolate covered strawberries. I managed to sneak in a cupcake before walking down the aisle, and oh my god the red velvet was so good!! Unfortunately I didn't not have a chance to try anything else, but from what we were told by guests, the dessert bar was a hit. I'm looking forward to having the cake again for our one year anniversary. It's really, really good. I highly recommend Sweet Layers to anyone in the area. Well worth it!!!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Sweet Layers Cakes & Pastries's reply:

Thank you Carrie, for the wonderful compliment and taking the time to give us an outstanding review. We wish you so much happiness and Love in your marriage. Congratulations and see you next June ;)
    Kim and Company

Lisa · Married on 11/01/2015

Delicious cutting cake. Coconut with pineapple filling... amazing!! We also had cupcakes for our guests, red velvet and tequilla lime with mango filling. Our guests loved them!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Ashton · Married on 09/19/2015

Sweet Layers went above my expectations for our "naked" wedding cake! Our guests could not say enough great things about it! We wanted something different than just vanilla. So at our tasting, they helped us decide on a fun fall flavor that we would've never thought of, and our guests went back for seconds! Not only was it delicious but they delivered and set up the entire cake without me having to stress one bit! It matched our venue perfectly and I would choose them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Alisha · Married on 07/03/2015

Sweet Layers is amazing!!! We could not decide on just one flavor of cake and icing so we went the cupcake route because they were that good and we wanted variety for our guests! My parents only had a handful of cupcakes to take home after the wedding because our guests ate them all up!! We had the champagne, almond, lemon and red velvet cupcakes! All so delicious for a summer wedding!! We also had a small cake for cutting! Definitely recommend Sweet Layers to everyone!

Sent on 08/07/2015

Cakes are somewhat pricey but everything was delicious!!!

Sent on 06/22/2015
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 03/22/2015

Sweet Layers was so great! They made our wedding cake and not only was it beautiful, it was delicious!

Sent on 04/03/2015
  • Tabitha

Tabitha · Married on 11/02/2014

We had a two tier cake with cupcakes. Everything was just delicious! It was priced fairly and looked beautiful. Everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Carla · Married on 10/26/2013

I showed Kim a picture of the cake I wanted, and she replicated it perfectly. The cake tasted and looked great!! I received lots of compliments on how great it tasted! Thanks Kim!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Kira · Married on 09/28/2013

Kim was an absolute pleasure to work with. I explained and showed her a few pictures of cakes that I liked and a few ideas that I had, and she helped bring it to life. The cake that I saw when I walked into our reception was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Lari · Married on 11/18/2012

Sweet Layers was referred to us from Wiens Winery caterer for our wedding.
    We wanted a Rustic Romantic feel to our wedding and neither one of us is a fan of cake.
    We wanted each of our guests to be treated to a pie.
    Sweet Layers had so many options and each pie was reasonably priced.
    After the tasting, we had a difficult time making our choice.
    We went with the freshest fruit at the time of our wedding so, Apple Pies it was.
    Each pie was made in an adorable time and they were delicious.
    Everyone enjoyed the crisp, sweet apples and they were a hit with the kids.
    The Rustic Romantic feel of the apple pies really added to our day!

Sent on 11/28/2012

Kimberly · Married on 09/22/2012

I did a groomscake and our small wedding cake from sweet layers! Both turned out adorable! :) Loved them. And... tasted yummy!

Sent on 11/08/2012

Cathy · Married on 01/28/2012

The wedding cake was fabulous!! I was lucky enough to also get my bridal shower cake from the same place. It was almost to pretty to eat.

Sent on 02/20/2012

Leah · Married on 11/05/2011

Lots of communication, beautiful and yummy cake

Sent on 12/30/2011

Amber · Married on 06/24/2011

I would highly recommend ordering a wedding cake from Sweet Layers! We were very happy with the service and quality of product we received. Our vision for our wedding cake was executed perfectly- it was beautiful. The owner, Kim, was very flexible and worked with us to create cups of "tres leches" cakes- these were excellent, and our guests still talk about them. All in all, this is a trustworthy vendor that delivers quality product and service.

Sent on 09/25/2011
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 10/15/2010

Sweet Layers did Cupcakes for our guests with a small cake as our top tear for us to do the cake cutting. They did 3 flavors red velvet, Cream, Chocolet. They where all so good. People went back for 2nds and 3rd on there cake it was so yummy!!!

Sent on 10/23/2010

Brittany · Married on 10/17/2009

Our cake from Sweet Layers was delicious. Not only delicious but beautiful as well. We got a grooms cake as well and it was decorated better than I could have imagined.

Sent on 01/13/2010

Kisha · Married on 08/02/2009

Sweet Layers Cake & Pastries did my wedding cake. The ladies at Sweet Layers are awesome!!! I am still getting compliments on our wedding cake (delicious)!!! They even decorated my cake...similar to my wedding invitations which has a lot of graphic details... The cake was beautiful but most importantly it taste great (white with fresh strawberries, traditional red velvet and white cake with lemon cream cheese)!!!! I can't wait to use them again!!! I highly recommend Sweet Layers Cake & Pastries!!!

Sent on 08/17/2009
  • nicolle

nicolle · Married on 05/23/2009

Sweet Layers did cupcakes, cream puffs and yummy petite fours for my wedding. They were delicious and every raved how great they were. I had them in four flavors and Kim ordered special baking cups and decorated them all similar to match my wedding. Wonderful vendor!

Sent on 06/07/2009

Jennifer · Married on 11/01/2008

I absolutely loved working with Sweet Layers. No complaints at all. We got cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake. They were almost too pretty to eat! The cupcakes were delicious.

Sent on 11/18/2008

Nicole · Married on 10/11/2008

My cake was beautiful thanks to Cindy and co. at Sweet Layers. Not only was it beautiful and exactly what we asked for, it tasted great and was completely devoured by the end of the night (people went back for seconds and thirds). They made everything convenient and easy and offered great ideas and suggestions. Would recommend them to my best friend.

Sent on 10/28/2008

Kelsey · Married on 06/22/2008

Great cake. Beautiful done. I have no complaints at all!

Sent on 07/13/2008

Kristy · Married on 06/03/2006

New owners are super nice!!!!

Sent on 08/03/2008

April · Married on 07/10/2015

Sweet layers did a fantastic job on our wedding cake. I provided a picture from Pinterest and they did exactly what I wanted with the few tweaks I suggested. It couldn't have been better and we ordered enough for 30 left over slices and it was all gone that night! We loved it!

Sent on 07/26/2015
  • Austin

Austin · Married on 06/05/2011

We scheduled three vendor visits in the same day, and Sweet Layers was our first visit. After tasting their cake and experiencing their service, we cancelled our other appointments and booked with Sweet Layers. Kim really made an effort to customize our cake to match our wedding theme and offered great suggestions, such as making a cake topper to match a graphical element on our invitations. The cake didn't come out exactly as designed, but it looked good and most importantly, tasted wonderful. Many guests went back for more, up to four slices! We can't wait for our free one-year anniversary cake so we can savor it more slowly than on our wedding day.

Sent on 07/01/2011