Sugar Rush Confections Reviews

22 | Jacksonville, FL

22 Reviews for Sugar Rush Confections

Jessica · Married on 10/17/2015

Adam and Julie create delicious works of art. We had a 3-tier cake and grooms cake. Every tier was a different flavor and every tier earned praise from the guests. The design and look was beautiful and perfectly matched my vision.

Joann · Married on 03/08/2014

Sugar Rush Confections made our wedding cake and grooms cake. I visited their stand at a bridal show & they were the only cake stand that grabbed my attention. Their cakes looked amazing and tasted delicious too! Julia and her husband were great to work with. They are very nice and flexible. We wanted our cake to sit on top of a vintage suitcase and they made sure the suitcase was stable enough to function as a stand. Our wedding cake matched perfectly for our rustic/vintage wedding. It was exactly what we wanted and tasted great! Our grooms cake was so cute too! We had two gators standing on top of a round cake that had luggage tags of places we had traveled too. One gator wore a lab coat and the other held a suitcase. It was VERY creative. We were very impressed with both cakes! They drew sketches for both cakes to show us what they had in mind. We are very happy that we worked with them for our cakes. They did an awesome job!!

Karen · Married on 01/25/2014

We are so thankful that we chose Sugar Rush Confections to make our wedding cake. We live in Atlanta, GA and were married in Jacksonville Beach. Even though we were 300 plus miles from them, they were extremely accommodating and a joy to work with. From the tasting and design meeting to the wedding date, communication was excellent, The cake was beautiful and tasted every bit as delicious as it looked. Every guest said it was the best wedding cake they have ever tasted! Several asked who the bakery was and I really hope that they pass the word around. You cannot go wrong with Sugar Rush Confections. If you are thinking of using another bakery, do not.

Katlyn · Married on 12/14/2013

I couldn't have asked for a more amazing wedding cake or set of bakers for our wedding day! The cake turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined and was designed exactly how I had described! Adam and Julia were a pleasure to work with. They were always very responsive and very flexible with my request. My wedding guest raved about how wonderful the cake was and some even said it was the best wedding cake they have ever had! It was delicious!! My husband and I couldn't have been more happier with our choice to use Sugar Rush and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a delicious cake for a special occasion! We are looking forward to enjoying our anniversary cake next year and using them again for any of our specialty baking needs! Thank you Adam & Julia!!! You are awesome!

Heidi · Married on 10/26/2013

Sugar Rush did our wedding cake and groom's cake for our special day, the cakes were ridiculously delicious and looked amazing! We received compliments from pretty much every wedding guest. Julia is so friendly and accommodating, she made the process so easy. I highly recommend them for any event, or for just a sweet treat :)

Sent on 11/24/2013

Sugar Rush Confections's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so thrilled to hear that you were pleased, and we are so happy to have been a part of your special day! Best wishes!

Sincerely,
    Adam and Julia Strong

Cheryl · Married on 09/21/2013

Our event was planned in a very small window of time, on a tight budget and all the way from Atlanta, Ga. Julia at Sugar Rush was recommended to us from a friend of mine who is a wedding/event coordinator in Jacksonville. Although we weren't too particular in the esthetics since we wanted simplicity, we were very particular in the flavor as it was customized for my husbands favorite flavor, caramel sea salt. Without a cake tasting involved, we blindly went forward with the order. They were able to deliver the cake to our venue location, which helped us as it was one last errand we didn't have time to do. Not only was the cake beautiful as well as on budget, it tasted AMAZING! I absolutely would recommend Sugar Rush to anyone planning any event requiring any sort of cake for any occasion! Thank you Julia and the Sugar Rush team. We appreciate everything you did for us!

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/26/2013

We had an excellent experience working with Sugar Rush for our recent wedding. Julia is very easy to work with and very accommodating. When we came for our tasting, we had asked her if she could prepare something non-dairy for the groom, who has food allergies, to taste. She had several options for him to taste and all of them were delicious! He had a hard time deciding between them. As for the rest of us (my mother and grandfather came with us), we loved the cakes so much that we decided to come back for a second tasting to taste even more flavors. In the end, everything tasted so good that we decided to have 5 small cakes, each with a different flavor of cake and filling. Our friends and family were blown away by how tasty and pretty our cakes were.
    We liked working with Julia so much that we also ordered a specialty graduation cake for my husband, and personalized cookies for our rehearsal dinner from her. As with the wedding cakes, the graduation cake and the cookies exceeded our expectations, both in the taste and overall execution.
    I would recommend Sugar Rush not only because their baked goods are delicious and beautiful but because working with Julia is so easy and enjoyable.

Beth · Married on 05/25/2013

I had a wedding cake done--they made it just like the picture I brought them!!!, it was the best ever and everyone enjoyed it I was extremely pleased. They even delivered and set up the cake the day of the wedding--- can't thank them enough Julia was wonderful to work with, very professional-- Thank you!!

Samantha · Married on 11/17/2012

My husband and I were nervous about our wedding cake because we wanted a custom flavor (white chocolate raspberry) that we were not able to sample before the actual wedding. However, the cake blew everyone away! Not only was it gorgeous, but it was delicious! Everyone loved the different flavor and was ranting about how tasty it was! Also, Sugar Rush sends you a small cake on your one year anniversary for you to eat instead of having to keep and freeze the top of your cake - frees up room in our freezer! We can't wait to have it again next November!

Rakeshia · Married on 08/18/2012

I absoultely loved my son's John Cena cake!!! He enjoyed his 7th birthday and the cake really made his day... You were very patient with me and your delivery men were very professional when they came to the venue. I am so hapy I found you guys and I will be returning this year for his birthday and I am also ordering a cake for a baby shower!! and if and when I do get married you all will do the cake for that event also.. Again I loved his cake and I can't wait to do business with you all in the near future!!

Amy · Married on 04/21/2012

Sugar Rush Confections made our wedding cake for us. We came to the consultation with a few pictures and ideas for what we wanted, something that fit the theme of butterfly garden. The cake they created was perfect for us, it was everything we hoped it would be. Our guests loved it and couldn't believe the detail put into it. Each of the layers was a different flavor: strawberry-key lime, chocolate-raspberry, and lemon-strawberry. Our guests got to pick which flavor they wanted which made it more fun. Everyone was amazed at how great it tasted and how pretty it was. I would recommend Sugar Rush to anyone looking for a wedding cake. Julia and Adam were great to work with and provided a wonderful product.

Amelia · Married on 04/05/2012

I gave them very little direction and I was last minute and they were awesome and understanding, great taste, look and price!

Ashley · Married on 03/04/2012

Sugar Rush Confections created a perfect vision of our unique wedding and groom's cake. We were so pleased with their services and highly recommend them for any baking needs. In addition to creating beautiful, unique, delicious cakes they are also pleasant, professional, accomodating, and a joy to work with.

J. · Married on 02/25/2012

Julia and Adam were great! They were consistently very quick to return phone calls and e-mails (which is always nice)! I liked that they were honest. If they thought something would look awkward or if it might look better a different way they were able to communicate that to us politely and professionally! I had a vision of what I wanted my wedding cake/cupcake arrangement to look like and the finished product was everything I hoped it would be and more! The cupcakes were a HUGE hit! Everyone loved the variety of flavorsl! We chose white chocolate almond, strawberry & funfetti (groom insisted on the funfetti)...and oddly enough the funfetti were the most popular!!

Ashley · Married on 11/19/2011

When my husband and I got engaged I started looking for Gluten free bakeries that night. I knew it was going to be a struggle to find a bakery to make an all Gluten free wedding cake that looked amazing and didn't taste like cardboard. Sugar Rush Confections to the rescue! The owners were amazingly flexible with us meeting us where ever we needed with samples in hand. Their Gluten free Red Velvet, Vanilla and Chocolate Cupcakes were amazing and the design of the cake was spot on to what I described. The cake was one of the most important details that I NEEDED to have at my wedding, for someone with life threatening food allergies I really felt that I needed the cake above anything to feel like we were going to have a normal wedding. Sugar Rush Confections was wonderful, amazing and everything I could of hoped for! I can't wait to order another cake!!!!

Sent on 11/27/2011

Sugar Rush Confections's reply:

Thank you so much for the sweet words Ashley! You and Max were a pleasure to work with, and we are honored that we were able to be part of your special day!

Anna · Married on 04/30/2011

I chose SugarRush Confections to make both our wedding cake and grooms cake! We went in with a vague idea of what we wanted, and were literally blown away by Julia and Adam's creativity and superb baking skills! We got the sketch for the cake maybe a day after the tasting AND it was perfect. We chose a three tiered square cake, each tier with a different flavor: carrot, coconut and white almond! Yummy! Our cake was beautiful and it tasted amazing! The grooms cake was a yellow cake--- so so good! We received so many compliments on our cakes, both regarding the look and the taste. The price was extremely reasonable, and Adam and Julia worked with us to keep the cake within our budget. I would absolutely choose them to make another cake for me, and I highly recommend them to other brides! You will not be disappointed. SugarRush Confections rocks!

Sent on 05/09/2011

Anna,
    We are thrilled to hear that you were pleased with your cakes! Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day!

Kind regards,
    Julia Strong
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 02/05/2011

Sugar Rush confections went above and beyond anthing I was expecting. Julia worked with me on every idea I had and presented so many options for me to choose from, they really deserve more than 5 stars. Our cake was so beautiful, clean lines and flawless design execution. I really appreciated everything they did for me. One of my favorite touches, the fondant is made from marshmallows so every part of the cake was delicious!

Sent on 02/18/2011

Sugar Rush Confections's reply:

Thank you Mary! I'm so glad you liked it! We truly enjoyed creating your cake! Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of your special day!

Brittany · Married on 11/21/2008

Sugar Rush Confections is amazing! For the wedding cake, I shared a few designs that I liked with Julie and they did a beautiful job using those ideas to make an amazing, original cake for our big day. It was perfect! I didn't want to see it until they were around so it I didn't even look at it until close to time to cut it and I was floored! Seriously, exactly what I wanted.

And where do I start with the grooms' cake? They already knew of my husband's obsession with Batman because they had know him a while. Well, Adam's awesome design and decorating skills did not disappoint! I mean, it almost upstaged the wedding cake. The details were amazing; my husband didn't even want to cut it!

I wish you all lived closer so you could do my baby shower cake! Love you both!

Sent on 01/18/2011

Sugar Rush Confections's reply:

Thank you Brittany and Jacob! We are so glad you were pleased with your cake!

scorro · event on: 11/19/2011

Mrs. Strong was very professional and accommodating. She did two cakes for me and both were exactly like I wanted them and very good. I will be using her in the future.

Katie · Married on 04/20/2013

Sugar rush is amazing! Adam and Julia are the nicest people we met out of all our vendors. They were very helpful and flexible with us and our cake turned out amazing! The cake was moist and the icing was definitely a sugar rush :) I would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married and I will be going back there for all my cake needs. Love those two!

Sent on 05/07/2013

Katie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so glad you were pleased, it was wonderful to work with you!

Kind regards,
    Julia Strong
    Sugar Rush Confections

Julia was wonderful to work with. We met with her twice before the wedding. We discussed what we wanted and she was very responsive to ours wants and needs. My only complaint is that the filing used in the actual wedding cake was not what we wanted. We were refunded a very small amount of money for this. No one but us and our friends who we did the cake tasting with knew. It is just annoying to pay so much for something and not get exactly what you wanted. Our guests had nothing but good things to say about the cake though. Several went back for seconds.

Morgan · Married on 03/16/2012

3.0

Sugar Rush has amazing cupcakes. They are very talented bakers. I will admit that the cake was not as good as the cupcakes we tasted at the meeting however. The filling was as minimal as could be done and some people complained that our cake tasted plain. I do still support them as they are a two person team and, I believe, do work hard at what they do.