25345 W Newberry Rd Newberry, FL, Gainesville, FL 32669 Map · Phone number

About Sugar Refined Bake Shop

Maria has always believed in the magic of sweets...the power of a simple cupcake to bring a smile to any face. She has worked as a pastry chef and cake decorator in a European style bakery, and has been creating custom cakes for over 20 years. Our shop has grown with the help of a very dedicated and entirely underpaid staff of family and friends. Together, this amazing team continues to spread joy by creating beautifully designed and amazingly delicious cakes. Try one. You will be impressed. We promise.

Sugar Refined Bake Shop was formally known as Ms Debbie's Sugar Art .

Follow Sugar Refined Bake Shop on

main logo hr jpg 51 57931

15 Reviews for Sugar Refined Bake Shop

• Ashley

Ashley Lee · Married on 05/16/2020

Delicious & Beautiful wedding cake!

You'd be a fool to pass up Sugar Refined for your wedding cake. This cake was a huge hit at my wedding! My manager gifted me a cake from here for my wedding day and not only was it absolutely gorgeous but it was incredibly delicious and I got tons of comments on it! Highly recommend, thank you so much for the amazing wedding cake.

Sent on 05/24/2020
  • Natalie

Natalie Ann Simon · Married on 03/07/2020

Let's Eat Cake!

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding was choosing Maria at Sugar Refined Bake Shop to craft our cake! We knew from the beginning that we were going to be in great hands! For our tasting, she showed us a wide variety of examples that showcased her technique and style. All of the cake and icing samples we tried tasted amazing! We ultimately picked 2 flavors: 1) Strawberry shortcake - Vanilla cake with fresh sliced strawberries and strawberry filling made from fresh strawberries, and 2) Chocolate cake with creamy peanut butter filling. We thought a three tier cake was out of our budget because 2 other bakeries had told us it just wasn’t possible for our budget. But Maria worked with us to give us exactly what we wanted for a price we could afford! She was also very detail oriented and professional. Our wedding cake was phenomenal, exactly what we wanted/described to her...but better! I had a number of people tell me it was the best cake they have ever eaten! I would highly recommend Maria and Sugar Refined Bake Shop for all your cake-related wants and needs! Thank you again Maria!

Sent on 08/23/2020
  • Lydia

Lydia E Hanks · Married on 06/08/2019

My cake was incredible!

Maria was so professional, easy to work with, and talented. I showed her a picture of a cake from Pinterest and she recreated it exactly. It was beautiful! Also, the cake tasted amazing - super moist and flavorful- not dry like a lot of wedding cakes. Several of my guests admitted after that they had more than one piece. She let us pick a different flavor for each tier, too, so we had some variety. My sisters-in-law asked if we could start ordering our cakes and cupcakes from her for family birthday dinners, so we will most definitely be back!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Sugar Refined Bake Shop FAQ

• What types of desserts do you provide?
    Croquembouche
  • What services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Setup
  • Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Sweet Serendipity Photography Wedding Photographers

Absolutely gorgeous cakes- I have had several clients with cakes and favors from Ms. Debbie and each one was absolutely beautiful AND delicious!

• 25345 W Newberry Rd Newberry, FL Gainesville, Florida, 32669 See on map
    Bridal Consults by appointment Retail store: Wednesday - Saturday 10am-5pm
    Location of (Sugar Refined Bake Shop)