Sugar Refined Bake Shop

Gainesville, Florida View map

Maria has always believed in the magic of sweets...the power of a simple cupcake to bring a smile to any face. She has worked as a pastry chef and cake decorator in a European style bakery, and has been creating custom cakes for over 20 years. Our shop has grown with the help of a very dedicated and entirely underpaid staff of family and friends. Together, this amazing team continues to spread joy by creating beautifully designed and amazingly delicious cakes. Try one. You will be impressed. We promise.

Sugar Refined Bake Shop was formally known as Ms Debbie's Sugar Art .

What types of desserts do you provide?

Croquembouche

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Delivery
Setup

Are you licensed by the state health department?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

• Carson
    Carson K. Married on 02/09/2022

The best wedding cake

I am so thankful Sugar Refined did my wedding cake! It was perfect. Maria was so easy to get in touch, and she made the entire process a breeze. The cake exceeded my expectations. It was absolutely beautiful, and it was honestly the most delicious cake I've ever had. Thank you again, Maria!
  • Haley
    Haley A. Married on 12/19/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Delicious cake and cupcakes that didn't break the bank!

I chose Sugar Refined after looking just outside of Gainesville and pleasantly surprised by the pricing and variety of flavors. We were glad that Maria offered tastings prior to booking. As a gal that loves old fashions, I knew that we needed to have the Salted Caramel Bourbon flavor to go with the 4rivers BBQ at our reception. The sweetness of the caramel was balanced with the bite of the bourbon and the cream cheese frosting and my husband who does not normally like bourbon loved it too.

My husband and I did our cake and catering tastings on the same day and when we told the catering manager at 4Rivers Gainesville we were considering Sugar Refined she said "She is the best in the area!". We knew we had to book and were not disappointed.

Maria messaged us after our booking and told us that she was excited to work with us and loved our natural and understated style of our cake and cupcakes which I thought was nice! The chose a 2 tier semi-naked buttercream cake and a selection of cupcakes including the white wedding gluten free offering and our guests devoured them. We had mostly edible garnishes and our cake was inspired by her winter cakes and they came out so pretty! We received so many compliments on the desserts and we are excited for Maria to make a fresh top tier of our cake (in the Salted Caramel Bourbon flavor) for our anniversary 鉂勶笍馃挋

Photography: Hundreds of Moments
  • Ashlie
    Ashlie R. Married on 09/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Tasty cakes and fantastic service

Maria was excellent from start to finish. She accommodated us for cake tasting and was great when we had to postpone due to COVID. We ended up going with an assortment of cupcakes and none of them disappointed. I especially recommend the salted caramel :)
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Real Weddings

Marissa & Aaron
24 photos 路 01/23/2021

Sweet Serendipity Photography Sweet Serendipity Photography Wedding Photographers

Absolutely gorgeous cakes- I have had several clients with cakes and favors from Ms. Debbie and each one was absolutely beautiful AND delicious!

25345 W Newberry Rd Newberry, FL Gainesville, Florida, 32669

Bridal Consults by appointment Retail store: Wednesday - Saturday 10am-5pm
Location of (Sugar Refined Bake Shop)

Other vendors in Jacksonville for your wedding