Storybrook Farm Reviews

Storybrook Farm 4
Storybrook Farm 5
Storybrook Farm 6
Storybrook Farm 7

First of, please excuse my english. Born and raised in Germany :)
    My "now" husband, sister, brother-in-law and I were planning a roadtrip through TN, GA etc and the most important of all - getting married while
    being on this great and once in a lifetime trip.

Planning a wedding is not easy, but planning a bijou wedding in a different country 1000 of miles away - you might think this can not work or something must go wrong. But believe it or not, it was a piece of cake *wink* all because of the great help by Brittany, John and Diane.
    Eventhough we are living in Germany we had no problems at all and had the most beautiful, intimate and fairytale like wedding at Storybrook Farm. This place is just so magically and so precious! We had so much help from Brittany. Every once in a while when she read through the "e-mail lines" that i was getting nervous, she summed everything up and helped me with my to do list for e.g. in contacting the different vendors, getting the Information and talking to the court office because of 2 Germans getting married in the US, etc.

Every little tiny deco element in the house, around the house and of course at the ceremony and the dinner table was beautiful and just the way we expected. They put so much love in the interior, in planting/flowering, in just everything.

My husband was speechless on the day we arrived (kind of surprised him with this location) and after we left he said that he can't wait to come back here on our anniversary. So much looking forward to it!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Storybrook Farm's reply:

We absolutely loved having you all here! We feel like we have great new friends after your stay with us. You are very welcome to come back for your anniversary, and we hope you do!

We had a wonderful low -stress elopement wedding at Storybrook Farm in early May 2016 with just our immediate family present. Privacy is important to us and only our guests were allowed to stay on the farm while we were there. Another big plus for us was having a home where our child could be close to use but not in the same room. The houses and lake were beautiful and peaceful. Everyone wished we could stay for the week instead of just a couple days. The inside of the farmhouse we stayed in was immaculately clean and spacious.

The hosts are really what make a wedding at Storybrook Farm a wonderful experience. They were very warm and welcoming. They live on the property and have mastered how to be friendly and available but never intrusive. They were very patient with us and flexible, never rushed us while we tried to make decisions. And never complained as we changed our mind, again. They provided an amazing breakfast on an outdoor porch that my family still brings up in casual conversation a couple months later.

For the wedding they were attentive to details and assisted us with customizing the ceremony and decorations. They helped to coordinate outside vendors such as a fabulous carriage ride and cake. They have a huge selection of options to choose from to decorate for the wedding, pictures, reception that did not cost anything additional. It was an experience that way exceeded our expectations and we hope to return there for anniversaries!

Sent on 07/04/2016

Grace · Married on 04/23/2016

Storybrook is everything and more that we could have hoped for. Make sure you take the time to go through all of the items in the vault that they have available to use before renting elsewhere. Storybrook is a one stop shop and setup for the wedding of your dreams. John, Diane, and Brittany are perfect to work with, making it feel like home, and making you feel welcome, always. We will be back for anniversary's, births, and eventually a vow renewal!

Sent on 04/30/2016

Storybrook Farm's reply:

Thank you, Grace! You all were an absolute pleasure to have here and we are looking forward to your future visits and happy life events!

Andrea · Married on 04/09/2016

Whether it's a small wedding or large, they not only can accommodate but they go above and beyond. You definitely get your money's worth. We did one of the small wedding packages with the stay at the venue. They decorated the area beautifully and Brittany, the coordinator, was very organized and so helpful to us. We're glad we chose this venue.

Sent on 09/17/2016

Storybrook Farm's reply:

Thanks, Andrea! We were so glad to have you both here and loved getting to work with you. Please come visit again!

Nick · Married on 03/20/2016

My wife and I got married in March 2016 at Storybrook Farm. We used their "elopement package" to arrange an intimate celebration for a group of 16 people from our immediate families. John and Diane Vogt (owners) and their daughter Brittany (event manager) provided top-notch planning support, welcomed us like family, and went above and beyond to provide special finishing touches for our ceremony. We spent the majority of the celebration weekend on site at their farm, enjoying home-cooked meals and relaxing with our families. All of our guests commented often about the peaceful setting and wonderful service. If we had the chance to plan our wedding again, we would do it the same way at the same place.

Sent on 06/22/2016

Storybrook Farm's reply:

Thanks, Nick! You and your families are always welcome. We love having you here!

Caitlin · Married on 09/12/2015

My husband and I had the pleasure of being married at Storybrook Farms this past September. Everything here was absolutely perfect - the farm itself is breathtakingly gorgeous and the owners were so wonderful to work with! There was not a single detail that was overlooked and it was clear how much thought went into every aspect of our wedding day. I would absolutely recommend this wonderful family and their beautiful farm to anyone looking for a positively fairy-tale wedding.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Elyse · Married on 08/22/2015

Storybrook Farms was only the second, and last, wedding venue we looked at. As soon as we drove up the road to the property I fell in love and knew this would be where we got married. The family that owns this place deserves all of the credit for our wedding feeling as amazing as it did. They were there every single step of the way, always very quick to respond to emails, and always willing to let me stop by with more questions. The day of our rehearsal and our wedding they were there every second helping out, making sure I was calm and enjoying the moment. Everyone kept saying how relaxed I seemed the day of the wedding, and I truly owe that to them. The property is beautiful during every season, they provide almost everything you need for the wedding, and make you truly feel like family. Not to mention they open up their house as well as another house to you and your wedding party/guests the weekend of the wedding or the day of your wedding, depending on the package you choose. They also have a "vault" that has almost every decoration item you can imagine. Thanks to the vault we didn't have to buy hardly any decoration items, we were able to borrow them from Storybrook. The family also has a package where they will set everything up and decorate for you on the day of the wedding. I highly recommend this! It saved so much stress and time on the day of the wedding. We have received so many compliments about how beautiful our wedding was and how much everyone loved the venue. I honestly can't say enough about this family and their wedding venue. It is because of them that our day was filled with only the best memories!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Storybrook Farm's reply:

Thanks, Elyse! We loved having you all here and had such a great time working with you, too. You are both great people, and we wish you the very best in life and happiness!

Allison · Married on 06/20/2015

As soon as my husband and I visited Storybrook Farm in Jonesborough, TN we knew it was the perfect place for our June 2015 wedding. The grounds were absolutely gorgeous, with amazing views of the Tennessee landscape. The beautifully tended flowers and gardens meant we had to do minimal decorating. They also conveniently offer reception tent, chairs, and beautiful farm tables. Additionally being able to stay on-site with our entire wedding party and immediate family the entire weekend greatly reduced the stress of setup and cleanup. John, Diane, and Brittany were amazing to work with. They truly went above and beyond to help in any way they could to make our wedding day perfect. We felt truly blessed to have found Storybrook Farm, and we could not recommend their venue and services highly enough.

Sent on 10/24/2015

Storybrook Farm's reply:

Thank you, Allison! We so much loved having you, Gregory and your friends and families here as well. Best wishes to you both for a very happy future!

Elizabeth · Married on 04/25/2015

Storybrook Farm was the twelfth and final venue my now husband and I toured when searching for the perfect wedding venue. As soon as we turned into Storybrook, I knew it was exactly what I wanted. Storybrook offers many outdoor settings for the ceremony, pictures, and the reception. We love anything outdoors, so this was perfect for us! We quickly set a date with them.
    The Vogts are a dream to work with. We had been told that they treat you more as family than customers, and we found this to be very true! You can tell that each wedding on their property is special to them. They went above and beyond in the months leading up to the wedding and especially on that weekend. They put themselves in charge of setting up the tent and tables for the reception and the chairs for the ceremony. They also help tremendously with clean up.
    Storybrook has a new tent/chairs/tables rental option that we took advantage of. The tent was perfect for the reception and served as our ceremony weather backup plan (thankfully we didn't need that, despite a 90% chance of storms the day of our wedding!). The Vogts made absolutely beautiful farmwood tables, and they have chairs to match. They also have a wedding vault full of fun vintage options to use in decorating. We used a shadowbox table for our guestbook table and a set of doors to lead into the ceremony.
    Storybrook Farm is the best outdoor wedding venue the Tri-Cities has to offer! I would recommend this location to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Savannah · Married on 12/20/2014

I had one unique wedding to say the least but I could not have asked for a better property and family to work with. As everyone knows, weddings are crazy and stressful, but with their help and the amazing property it was the most amazing and stress free wedding EVER! I housed family and bridesmaids on property and for 3 days and nights, we had the time of our lives! I literally could not say one thing bad about my experience, the property, or the family that owns and runs it. They are truly awesome people and have done and are doing amazing things in the wedding industry.

Sent on 01/16/2015

trey · Married on 09/20/2014

Once my fiancée saw the beautiful venue at Storybrook Farm, she was hooked. After that, no other venue could even come close. Luckily, they were available to book us for a lovely outdoor ceremony and a reception under a tent. We got wonderful photos before and after the ceremony at various spots on their vast property. Though our guests kept giving compliments on the lovely location, all the credit goes to the owners, John and Diane. They have a pond, an orchard, pastures, a barn, a terraced garden, and two homes with inspired decorations. From the time we first met with them, they could not have been more welcoming nor worked harder to give us a very special weekend. They become more like family than just the managers of your venue. They made it easy for us to set up the perfect outdoor farm wedding, and since Storybrook Farm is also a b&b, we were also able to rent out on-site rooms for our wedding party. It was a great experience, even better than I had expected! Anyone planning an outdoor wedding who wants to work with really awesome people should give them a call.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Anna · Married on 09/20/2014

I had the pleasure of getting married at Storybrook Farm in Sept 2014 with about 80 people attending. It was the most wonderful experience from start to finish, and I am so grateful to the owners, John and Diane, for helping to make the wedding extra special and memorable. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a farm wedding! They treated us more like family than just another wedding to get through (like has happened to some of my friends) and they were always very giving of their time when we stopped by to see the place or ask questions.
    On our wedding weekend, they worked with all of the vendors to make sure everyone got set up okay. We had several issues come up with our vendors and John and Diane took care of them all seamlessly when it was not at all their problem. I only really found out about all they did afterwards and I owe them much more than a check for making the whole weekend so special for me and my husband. They saved our wedding for sure!
    We rented out the entire farm for the weekend and we had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception there. We saved so much money by having it all in one location and more importantly we were able to pick all of our own venders. Storybrook let us supply our own beer and wine without the typical 20-40% mark up other venues/caterers charge and the savings there alone was several thousand dollars We used their suggestions for cake, catering, tent and tables, hair, DJ, and bartending, and all were fabulous. They spent so much time with us before the wedding getting to know us and always offering to help us with questions. We were able to stay within our budget, have a blast, not stress out, and make two great new friends in John and Diane. I cannot recommend them and Storybrook Farm highly enough. We certainly plan to come back and celebrate our anniversaries with them and our families were so taken with how beautiful the property is that they want to come back and stay for a weekend.

Sent on 10/09/2014

I cannot say enough amazing things about Diane and her family. I loved working with her for our wedding. Her team is wonderful and treated my family and I so well. We were all stressed and trying to enjoy the day with so much going on. Her daughter made sure everything was in place and looked amazing. We stayed on the property and had the rehearsal dinner there as well. They made us all feel right at home and we enjoyed every minute of the weekend. We live in Georgia and they made it so easy for us to work with them and plan our wedding We will certainly be using them in the future for a mini vacation! I highly recommend this location to anyone!!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Taylor · Married on 05/17/2014

I do not actually believe it is possible to find a better place to get married! This location is beautiful, comes with variety and is a great deal! To add more to the cake, you can rent out a room for your anniversary! (That is Our plan!) Diane and her husband are so helpful and sweet! Its a great environment!

Sent on 10/03/2014

Storybrook Farm is the most beautiful wedding location in the Tri-Cities! I could not believe how wonderful the grounds were when I first saw them. Their location is perfect for weddings all year long, especially my fall wedding! John and Diane are so helpful and the kindest people I worked with throughout my planning process. They go above and beyond to make sure your day is special. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Kayla · Married on 09/23/2017

Breathtaking venue for a wedding. The staff here pays attention to details that are easily forgotten while planning a wedding, taking all of the stress of the bride and family members. First, the owners take care of the grounds and keep them flawless. I had a September wedding, and almost everything was in bloom and beautifully maintained. The price is high compared to some other venues (I purchased the "Fairytale" package, which included a planner); however, it is well worth the cost if you are looking to have a stress-free experience. I booked the vendors, and Storybrook took literally everything from that point on. I had little conversation with vendors after booking; Kayla at Storybrook handled all communication and planning afterwards, down to every last detail. Storybrook will let you visit "The Vault" filled with Pinterest-worthy accessories for your big day, and note any and all decorations you want. Any additional decor (e.g., candle holders or tablecloths) you bring, you simply hand over and Storybrook will decorate the entire venue according to what you are dreaming of. They also take everything down after the ceremony and reception and box up all personal items. The day-of was flawless. The staff had headsets and were planning every second perfectly so you could enjoy every moment. Overall, this venue and it's staff is incredible. I cannot speak highly enough of their work.

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Storybrook Farm 8
    Storybrook Farm 9
    Storybrook Farm 10
    Storybrook Farm 11
    Storybrook Farm 12

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/28/2018

After being in numerous weddings where the wedding party had to set up and break down after the wedding, my fiancé and I knew we did not want to have to worry about that. We chose Storybrook because of the simplicity in planning that they offered. I was able to tell Kayla what I dreamed and she was able to execute it perfectly. From the beautiful venue, the decorations vault, the wedding planner, to the easy “no work” set up on the day of, Storybrook was everything we wanted and more!

Storybrook Farm 13

Storybrook Farm's reply:

Thank you, Kaitlyn! We're so glad we were able to help make your day easy and memorable. We wish you both the best!

Beth · Married on 03/24/2018

Wonderful place with wonderful people!

Sent on 03/30/2018

Storybrook Farm's reply:

Thank you, Beth! We loved getting the chance to work with you.

Ryan and Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

We had an amazing experience at Storybrook Farm! They were very receptive to all of our ideas and went above and beyond to create our dream wedding. Ryan and I picked the colors and theme/motif for the wedding and they helped us do the rest. From guiding our selection of decorations, china and glassware from their extensive wedding vault to making suggestions on vendors to coordinating all of the details and setting up/decorating, Kayla, Brittany and the whole team were magnificent. It was by far the best day of our lives, and we owe so much of that to them!! They took away much of the stress associated with wedding planning by decorating, coordinating and cleaning up. They did it all! Not to mention the landscape provides some of the most gorgeous views I've ever seen. If you're getting married, I suggest you look into Storybrook first. You won't regret it!! :)

Sent on 11/16/2017
    Storybrook Farm 14
    Storybrook Farm 15
    Storybrook Farm 16
    Storybrook Farm 17
    Storybrook Farm 18
    Storybrook Farm 19

The farm is beautiful and the Vogts do everything possible to make sure that we had the best possible location. They helped us a bit with set up and take down, and we had the venue for an astonishing amount of time: for 2 full days instead of 10 hours (or less) like most places. Kitchen on site. Only drawback is no indoor space in case of rain.

Sent on 08/11/2014

3.5

I got married at Storybrook Farm in June of 2014 and it was absolutely wonderful! We loved the couple who owned the venue and they were nothing but helpful to us the entire time! We used Storybrook for the ceremony and the reception without any problems! The scenery was so gorgeous and there were several locations we could have picked from for both the ceremony and the reception. We loved the fact that we could house our guests in the bed & breakfast rooms, especially our close family. Plus, there is an Americinn less than a mile down the road for out of town guests too! Again, nothing but great things to say about Storybrook Farm!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Alyssa · Married on 06/27/2018

3.5

The venue itself is as gorgeous as the pictures! The cake and food was absolutely delicious! The owners were so nice and helpful! I was a little disappointed in the wedding day itself. Our wedding planner had told us she would be there to help with everything and anything we might need yet I had to contact her to get clarification on things the day of. After the ceremony I did not see her again. Our wedding flowers were not brought down to us until after the pictures were taken. Just small things but combined felt as though we were not the priority in which I felt we paid for. If I had to do it again, I’m not sure I would pick this venue again.

Hi Alyssa,
    Thank you for reviewing us and for your feedback. We want everyone to feel cared for, and we try our best to make sure they are prepared for their event. I'm sorry to hear that our service was not at the level you needed on your event day. We will be discussing your concerns at our next team meeting to make sure everyone is on the same page to better anticipate needs in the future. We wish you and Kenny the very best and a happy future together.

J · Married on 04/25/2018

Story brook farm was a wonderful place to elope. Very quaint and peaceful. Everything was taken care of for us and we could really enjoy our day. The best wedding experience hands down!

Storybrook Farm 20
    Storybrook Farm 21
    Storybrook Farm 22
    Storybrook Farm 23

Storybrook Farm's reply:

We're so glad we got to be a part of your day! We loved working closely with you, and finding a baker who could make your special wedding pie, too.

If we could have made your day better we would love to hear your feedback personally at info@storybrookfarmweddings.com. We are always looking for ways to improve things for future couples.