Hiwassee River Weddings and Events

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$5k - $7k For 100 Guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$5k - $7k For 100 Guests

Hiwassee River Weddings and Events is a charming wedding venue located in Delano, Tennessee. This hand-crafted timber frame property is nestled amid its own enchanted forest and directly on the crystal clear Hiwassee River at the base of the Appalachian mountains. Eager to realize your marital vision, this family-owned private venue is situated on a 19-acre peninsula that resembles a private state park.

Facilities and Capacity

Hiwassee River Weddings and Events can accommodate up to 150 guests. This stunning venue offers three ceremony sites including a riverfront ceremony space, a forest ceremony site, and a beautiful interior ceremony site that is climate controlled. It offers various indoor and outdoor event spaces, including a 5,600-square-foot light and airy hand-made timber-frame event center (made from trees on the property by the owner himself) trimmed with custom ironwork. With a climate-controlled interior, the event center features elegant vintage lighting and exposed wood beams which make for a beautiful indoor reception and ceremony.

The team at Hiwassee River Weddings and Events will go above and beyond to make your once-in-a-lifetime occasion as special as can be. Their all-inclusive package boasts a wide array of useful services and features. These include exclusive access to the facilities for 10 hours, a complimentary rehearsal walkthrough, access to get-ready rooms, and more. Event items such as tables, chairs, drapery, and lighting equipment can be provided. All that the team asks of you is to tell them about your perfect wedding and they'll strive to bring it to life.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$5,500

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$5,500

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Clean Up
Lighting/Sound
Parking
Set Up
Tables

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Farm/Ranch
Garden
Park
Waterfront

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Pet Friendly
Preferred Vendors Only
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Drapery
Furniture
Lighting
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Shuttle
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

January

Message vendor

4.9 out of 5 rating

Kellie G. Married on 09/04/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A dream come true, best day of my LIFE!

Full disclosure: HRW is my parents’ wedding venue, but that does not change just how amazing my experience was here!

I have seen my parents, and especially my dad, Bill, pour his blood sweat and tears into this venue for years. Hiwassee River Weddings and Events is my dad’s passion and and he has made this into a truly MAGICAL wedding venue. Even though I’m his daughter, I have heard from so many brides that he makes them feel like family when they get married here. My dad will go the extra mile for his brides. For example, in the past he has even driven to a local department store and bought an extra shirt for the groom’s dad who forgot his! My dad also has so many connections with all the best local vendors which is very helpful during the planning process!
    The entire venue is gorgeous and that is such an understatement. There are SO many picturesque areas on the venue for pictures. The bridal and grooms rooms are immaculate and so fun to get ready in! There are many options for the ceremony including riverside, in the forest (where I got married), and inside the beautiful timber-frame building. The patio with string lighting is so beautiful at night and really makes for a magical feel.
    The venue is also all handicapped and “grandparent” assessable, which is really amazing service!

Hiwassee River Weddings and Events's reply:

Kellie I’m so proud of you and I love you so much it’s crazy. You made my life getting married here at our venue. Thank you for the very nice review
  • Robin
    Robin Married on 08/21/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A beautiful, intimate experience!

Hiwassee River Weddings is a beautiful venue with incredible staff. For me and my husband, the most important thing to us was the venue setting. After searching online and looking at many mountain venues that did not fit our aesthetic (or standard for service), we can across Hiwassee River. I knew immediately from their website that I wanted to have our wedding in their forest site, and I loved the indoor space as well in case of rain (light, bright- no dark wood cabin with taxidermy!).
    We visited in person and met Bill (the owner) and made a reservation for May 2020 that day. Well, we had to reschedule twice in 2020, and Bill stuck with us through it all. Bill is a responsive, caring, problem-solver. I never EVER felt like we were just a number or a paycheck- Bill treated us like family, and helped me to feel more excited after having to reschedule due to covid.
    We finally got married on 8/21, and Bill & his staff were wonderful and accommodating. They were ready to set up the ceremony wherever we desired, and were ready to prep the inside in case of rain. It did rain, and 5 minutes before the ceremony, it let up, and Bill was outside drying off benches with towels and laying down plastic to keep our guests dry. He even set up a fan at the forest site to keep the humid air moving.
    Let's face it- weddings are expensive, and some venues simply unlock the door for a hefty fee and provide no other services. Hiwassee River Weddings is not like that; they gave personal attention to every aspect, and the cost was absolutely worth it. I wish I could get married there again!

Hiwassee River Weddings and Events's reply:

Robin, You and Dave will forever be a part of our place down here. You all were a classy couple from day one and so easy to work with. I so very much appreciate the loving and kind review that you gave us. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas together for your first Christmas as I know you’re already enjoying it. Thank you so much again for everything your friend Bill
  • illustration stars

51 photos · 09/12/2020
  • Blakely & Tanner
    25 photos · 06/02/2018

Samantha Coleman Photography Samantha Coleman Photography Wedding Photographers

The whole Hiwassee River Wedding staff has a positive impact on every bride's wedding day! They go above and beyond to make sure that everything is perfect and they are so kind. Adding on to that, their venue is just stunning! You won't regret having your wedding here.

Flowers by Tami Flowers by Tami Wedding Florists

Hiwasee River Weddings and Events is an absolutely beautiful venue in such a peaceful location. Bill is very friendly, helpful and fun to work with!

Nelya Nelya Wedding Photographers

I highly recommend visiting Hiwassee River weddings! It's a gorgeous Private setting, river view, easy to get to, and numerous photo options! This venue Books up fast!

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
839 Moss Road Delano, TN, 37325
423-836-6681
Location of (Hiwassee River Weddings and Events)

Other vendors in Knoxville for your wedding

Wedding Venues