Small Town Cake Shop Reviews

43 | Saint Augustine, FL

43 Reviews for Small Town Cake Shop

Leila · Married on 04/23/2016

She was the easiest vendor to work with. I never even met her! I sent her a picture of a cake I wanted and the flavors and my cake showed up when it was supposed to. I'm sure if you wanted more interaction, she would have been right there for you. My cake was BEAUTIFUL and DELICIOUS. Everyone came up to me at the wedding talking about how good the cake was! I was very happy with her services and definitely recommend!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/24/2015

Nikki at Small Town Cake Shop was one of our favorite vendors! First off, cupcakes. She does the most incredible cupcakes. I have been addicted to decorating cupcakes for a few years now so when we saw the cupcake displays that are now popular for weddings we new we had to have them. And hers are so incredibly delicious, we honestly were still eating them and ENJOYING them two weeks after the wedding. Second, the cost. I cannot believe how great of a value this was! We ordered 150 cupcakes, with delivery and set up and a six inch cake round for us to cut all for less than $500! Other places quoted me 800-1000 just for a wedding cake alone! Finally, I had a request for a surprise Yoshi cupcake for my husband. I wasn't sure how she wanted to approach it, so I was very surprised to find that she made an entire Yoshi out of fondant! He now lives in our freezer my husband loved him so much. And she decorated additional Mario themed cupcakes to go with him! The only thing to note is that sometimes it can be difficult to get in contact with her since she owns and operates the shop herself. Best method I found is to call and if she doesn't answer just try again the next day.

Sent on 11/13/2015
  • User4520618 · 2+ years ago

Nikki did an amazing no on both the wedding and grooms cake. She was so flexible with us changing the designs and everything. No only were the cakes great looking but they tasted amazing. I would definitely use her again and again!

Sent on 09/05/2015

Danielle · Married on 09/19/2015

Nikki did a fabulous job on our wedding cake. I gave her a picture of what we wanted and the cake was an exact match. It was also DELICIOUS!!! We highly recommend Small Town Cake Shop to anyone getting married in the St. Augustine, FL area.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Nikki did a wonderful job with my daughter's cake. The grooms cake was soooo good that it was gone before the groom remembered to grab a piece lol. it was moist, delicious and elegantly decorated. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Kathleen · Married on 06/20/2015

The best tasting cake you will ever have! Nikki was amazing! Her cakes look and taste perfect! Pricing is also great!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Chelsea · Married on 06/20/2015

Cake was beautiful! The cake tasted amazing and people raved over both the wedding and the groom's cake.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Anisha · Married on 06/13/2015

Nikki was easy to work with and is very talented. The wedding cake and grooms cake were amazing! They were very moist and were very delicious. They were exactly what I wanted. Nikki was very easy to work with and did an excellent job of creating both cakes. We received a lot of compliments on how amazing our wedding cake was. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND SMALL TOWN CAKE SHOPS! Thank you Nikki.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Karen · Married on 06/05/2015

This cake was amazing....we had so many people tell us it was the best cake they had ever had at a wedding. Simply wonderful....thank you Nikki

Sent on 06/15/2015

Krystle · Married on 06/05/2015

Both the wedding cake and grooms cake were amazing! Nikki was very easy to work with and did an excellent job of creating both cakes. Not only did the cakes look good, but they tasted amazing too!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Kate · Married on 05/23/2015

perfect and delicious! best cake I have eaten!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Cake was even more beautiful than I expected! Almost too pretty to eat, but when we did eat it, it was delicious!!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Christine · Married on 12/20/2014

Nikki provided our daugther and new sons wedding cake. It was very moist and was just what we had pictured it would look like. Very professional when we went to have a cake tasting. Every part of the cake was delicious and could not have had a more beautiful cake. It was perfect in every way.

Sent on 03/01/2015

Jamie · Married on 12/13/2014

Small town cake shop is the BEST!!
    Our cake was beautiful and very elegant and very affordable.
    Wonderful bakery.

Sent on 03/17/2015

Lindsay · Married on 11/22/2014

Best Cake Ever! I myself make cakes as a hobby, so I was afraid nobody could live up to my standards. We shopped a few cake shops including big name grocery and wedding specialty shops, but ended up with Nikki at Small Town Cake Shop. She didn't get back to us right away as her computer was in the shop. I was a little turned off with this, but she did get back to us so we squeezed in a visit with her on one of our trips to St. Augustine. Our wedding was a destination wedding. As soon as we walked into her little shop, I fell in love. It reminded me so much of what I would want in my own cake shop. Just a table an chairs to do consulting and pictures of her many cakes, so obvioulsy made with love. Each unique and gorgeous, not from a book of standards. She listed to my many differing requests and sketched several ideas for us. I loved her ideas and we booked her on the spot. Just weeks before the wedding, I saw a cake that was simply perfect and I emailed her to see if we could change the cake. Not only did she say she could change it, she met with our florist to make sure all of the flowers I wanted could be provided. When we entered the banquet hall to be announced, I saw the cake and jumped up and down so much, a flower from my bouquet flew out and almost hit the DJ. It was even better than the one I showed her and was really delicious. If you want a cake that nobody else has and appreciate the artistry of cake design, this is your vendor.

Sent on 11/29/2014

We were planning our wedding from Virginia and was very worried about working with vendors via email. Needless to say Nikki was so very helpful in helping us make our selection that when we did finally meet, she already had a great idea of what we wanted. The cake was exactly what we wanted and tasted even better!! Thank you Nikki

Sent on 03/30/2015

Alexis · Married on 07/19/2014

Our experience with Nikki was nothing short of exceptional. We had already booked another bakery for our wedding cake, but they ended up booking up before we could book a groom's cake through them. Because our rehearsal dinner (where we would be serving our groom's cake) was at O.C. White's in St. Augustine, we decided to research bakeries nearby. At first, I was discouraged by the lack of availability, poor responsiveness, and outrageous prices I experienced with several other bakeries. I really began to think we may not be able to find someone to create the cake we envisioned or may not even be able to have a groom's cake, and then I came across Small Town Cake Shop. Nikki was so sweet and professional. She was open to our silly idea for a groom's cake and even provided additional ideas to make it even better. She responded quickly to all of our questions and gave a us a very reasonable price for our 3D sculptured cake. Another bakery had given me a quote for triple the price and claimed that if I wanted the cake i described that was what I would have to pay anywhere, When we picked our cake up before the rehearsal dinner, we were blown away by how incredible it looked. Nikki's attention to detail was better than we could have imagined! At the dinner, our guests were crowding to take pictures of our cake. People were talking about it all night! We hadn't given taste much thought since the cake was so visually appealing, but I have to say that it was THE BEST chocolate cake I have ever tasted (we ordered chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling). Our guests raved about it. A few even said that they don't like cake or don't like chocolate cake, but ate their entire slice. Small Town Cake Shop is a hidden gem in St. Augustine. We are already looking for reasons to order another cake! :)

Sent on 07/21/2014

Ashley · Married on 07/12/2014

Nikki was great to work with! She didn't mind me changing the design of the cake multiple times. It was absolutely beautiful and perfect for our big day! It tasted wonderful and so many people said how great it was.

Sent on 07/26/2014

Lindsay · Married on 06/28/2014

So happy I decided to go with Small Town Cake Shop for my wedding cake! When we went for the cake tasting she had it set-up cute and allowed us to enjoy the cake and discuss it to decide which one we liked best. She also was able to decipher through my indecisiveness about the design on my cake. My cake turned out absolutely perfect! It also tasted SO GOOD! My favorite part - she gives you a complimentary top tier on your 1-year anniversary so you don't have to freeze the top tier for a year (which I've heard is no good anyway)!

Sent on 07/22/2014
  • Janee

Janee · Married on 06/21/2014

There really aren't any words to describe how amazing Nikki at Small Town Cake Shop is. She is so talented, sweet, professional. You can literally show her a picture and she will make exactly that cake from that picture. That is what she did with our wedding cake. For the Groom's cake that I ordered, I mumbled out a few ideas to her and she DREW a cake with many of those ideas in one cake. It was PERFECT. The Groom's cake was an absolute hit. Not that the wedding cake wasn't, but people always get more excited over the more animated cake :)

So the cakes are perfect looking and perfect tasting...AND they are REASONABLE/AFFORDABLE!!! There really is no other baker that compares. Choose Small Town Cake Shop and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Thank you SO much Nikki! You made our cakes EXACLTLY how we wanted them and we can't thank you enough!!!!

~Janee' and Will Scarle

Sent on 07/07/2014

Cynthia · Married on 06/20/2014

We requested a special naked cake and Nikki made us a beautiful and delicious cake. We were blown away in how pretty it was. We received so many compliments on taste. Nikki is super nice, talented and affordable. Thank you Nikki!

Sent on 07/19/2014

Jaimie · Married on 05/24/2014

Easy to work with and the cakes were beautiful, delicious, and held up well on a very hot day! I provided brooches for cake decor and she did a perfect job with the design, I got so many compliments! Thank you :)

Sent on 06/23/2014

Kate · Married on 04/04/2014

My Husband and I know Nikki personally. She's professional, hard working, sweet and will make sure you get exactly what you want! Our cake was perfect and absolutely delicious!! She also made our Grooms Cake for the Rehearsal and it was AMAZING! My Husband was soo happy! All in all you can't go wrong choosing her because the price is right and the cake is so yummy!!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Margaret · Married on 03/28/2014

Rave reviews from guests on the flavor- so much so that some took to go pieces of cake!! Enjoyed working with this small business owner. She is knowledgable, flexible and reliable! This is the second time using her bakery and it won't be the last! Great job, Small Town Cake Shop!

Sent on 04/08/2014

Tara · Married on 01/25/2014

Small Town Cake Shop was wonderful. She was very flexible, available, excellent prices, accommodating but more importantly the groom cake, wedding cake and cupcakes were delicious!!

Sent on 01/28/2014