16 Reviews for Samuel Dixon Photography

Digital Files (1)
15 Samuel Dixon Photography Reviews

My husband and I absolutely loved Sam and his work! He was relaxed, professional, and all in all a fun guy to work with - not to mention his pictures are absolutely gorgeous. He was extremely responsive throughout the whole process, arrived on time, and was always there for the right moments but never in your face. You barely knew he was there! He was everything we expected him to be and more and the pictures and video turned out perfect. I would recommend Sam to anyone looking for a talented, affordable, and easy-going photographer.

Profile Picture Courtney, 5/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Photography, Travel, Videography
Services Used: Digital Files

I really can't say enough good things about Sam! Our wedding pictures turned out beautifully and his pricing was not astronomical like a lot of other photographers can be. Sam was super professional, friendly, responsive and overall a pleasure to work with. And his services branch across the DC and Richmond area, which worked perfectly for me and my husband. Since we got married in Richmond, VA we wanted a photographer local to that area, so we wouldn't have to pay additional travel cost. Sam was perfect because he was able to do our engagement session in Washington, DC (which is where we reside) and then complete the wedding in Richmond. The pictures for both were great and even his assistant photographer was a pleasure to work with. I would recommend Sam to anyone who wants gorgeous wedding pictures and wants to work with a true professional. Even my wedding guests commented on how great he and his assistant were and how they didn't miss a moment between the two of them. Don't take my work for it. Take a look at his website and see for yourself. You will not be disappointed!

Sam also did a short HD video for us, which was price very fairly. The video is stilling being edited, but I am sure it will be perfect.

Profile Picture Racine, 5/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Full disclosure, I have known Sam for a while, outside of his photography services. BUT that does not change the fact that he was fantastic shooting our wedding. Even if I did not know him personally I would hire him again in a heartbeat.

You can tell from the quality of his photos that he knows his way around a camera. But what you don't see is that the day of he is also very patient, helpful, and professional. He worked with us before the event to discuss what photos we "had to have", and helpfully suggested others onsite (like the brilliant suggestion the groom and I take a walk mid-reception, which not only yielded our favorite photo, but also was a nice breather from all the attention).

Otherwise, he did a great job of capturing the various "wedding moments" but without being a distraction . I've seen a lot of photographers who flit around so much and/or overuse the flash that you end up paying more attention to them than the wedding. That was not at all the case with Sam (honestly, we barely noticed him sometimes).

Plus, he is super laid back, even when dealing with our crazy and over excited family members...

Profile Picture Sarah, 1/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sam was awesome in every aspect of our photography. From amazing recommendations for engagement shoot, to a wonderful video of our day. The shots he got perfectly captured our wedding and we couldn't ask for more!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sam did an amazing job at our wedding which could not have been very easy to shoot as it was spread out over an acre of land. He was fun to have around and the pictures he got back to us are incredible.

Profile Picture User4497117, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amazing photos! We were so happy with our wedding photos and how fast they came back to us.

Profile Picture Chelle, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Samuel Dixon Photography is AMAZING! He is professional and guaranteed to provide beautiful work for all types of jobs. He captured our wedding day with absolute perfection and I will be forever grateful. His shots were candid, beautiful, and unique! He had creative ideas and we felt completely at ease during our portrait sessions. You will not be disappointed if you choose him as your photographer!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 9/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sam Dixon is an amazing photographer! When I got married last summer, I asked him to fly all the way out to Idaho to photograph it. The pictures came out even better than I could have imagined! My husband and I have gotten sooooo many compliments on them - they're incredible! Plus, Sam is accommodating, professional, and easy to work with. Overall, it was a great experience, and I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a great photographer!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/23/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sam Dixon Photography is AWESOME!!! My husband and I had Sam shoot our wedding photos and he went above and beyond our expectations. Every moment of our special day was captured which meant a lot because it seemed to fly by so quickly. Now we have the joy of going through our photo album and reminiscing on those moments almost one year later. If you're looking for a down to earth person who knows just how to capture every moment of that special event in your life...look no further. HIGHLY recommend!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/8/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sam did a great job! His style is distinctive and artistic. Anyone looking for unique wedding photos can't go wrong with Samuel Dixon Photography.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sam is a highly skilled and experienced photographer. He shot our wedding about a year ago and he did an absolutely amazing job. I was so pleased with how everything turned out. His shots were creative and he did an excellent job capturing the day. He is very professional but quickly makes you feel at ease. I was also pleased with how quickly he was got our photos back to us. I would highly recommend him as your photographer.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 4/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Samuel (Sam) shot our wedding in MO and did a wonderful job! He arranged to shoot the entire wedding weekend. Not only is he a really fun guy, plays amazing guitar, and is super funny, but he is a great photographer and catches those special unposed moments that mean so much. I love his work!

Profile Picture Christy, 9/2/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sam is an amazing photographer. He knows how to take the intimate shot and he can catch you letting loose. One thing Sam never is is canned. He's a clever and highly skilled photographer. With all that said, Sam also managed to capture the sincere ceremony of our wedding. For photography that is engaging from the moment it's taken, Sam is the right choice. Sam's also really fun to be around. Photographers, especially wedding photographers, can be pretty weird or annoying or both. Not Sam - he is none of those. He's great.

Profile Picture Kenneth, 9/2/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I absolutely LOVE my wedding photos! The entire experience was very positive - Sam was very professional and responsive. My wedding was in a location that involved travel for him, and he took the time beforehand to find out my specific wants for my wedding photos, and he really captured it at the wedding. He has an artistic eye, so even the candid pictures are interesting and beautiful. I get so many compliments on my wedding photos!! Thank you, Sam!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sam listened to every request, no matter how strange, for our Wedfing photos. I was especially surprised at the equality of the candid shots and other impromptu photos. Sam made it very easy to get our prints, I would highly reccomend him. Very professional , great prices, and all around good guy!

Profile Picture Beth, 6/9/12, 1 Review