Royal Fig Catering Reviews

Royal Fig Catering 6
Royal Fig Catering 7
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/27/2017

Royal Fig is amazing! The food was beyond what we expected. Everyone was complimenting us on our choice and many said it was definitely the best food they have ever had at a wedding. They were the most expensive quote we got from a caterer but after tasting the food we knew why! The service was excellent, every guest that had a special request (food allergies, well-done beef) was accommodated above and beyond. We had our own personal server during cocktail hour who made sure that we had drinks and apps. We could not be happier with the food or the service!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! We are so glad you enjoyed everything. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful. We wish you all the best as you start your lives together!

Lauren · Married on 05/26/2017

Royal Fig was amazing from the minute we first contacted them through the night of our wedding. We wanted wedding food that represented us and Austin, farm fresh, local ingredients, and not your typical "chicken Marsala and 3 asparagus spears". And boy, does Royal Fig deliver!!!! Not only is their food fresh and from local vendors, their price was significantly cheaper than the other caterers we visited. BY A LOT. By having rental items in house, we were able to save a ton. Our guests raved about the food -- beef tenderloin, lobster grits, redfish and carrot top pesto roasted carrots. My only regret was not having tons of leftovers for the next day!! Highly recommend their breakfast tacos for a late night snack, YUM! If you want a unique menu with high quality ingredients and top notch staff (we felt like VIPs all night, someone was always one step away with water, drinks, and food for me and my groom). Everything about RF was truly amazing. Thank you!!!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren! Your wedding was so fun! We really appreciate you allowing us be a part of your big day. We can't wait to see the photos!

Annie · event on 05/25/2017

Our organization booked a gig with Royal Fig Catering for a retirement party.

Perfect menu under the limited services package for a happy hour setting. The trays we ordered were a hit and the quantity was perfect!

Our contact at Royal Fig, Claudia, was great and attentive to our needs.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

We are so glad that you enjoyed the food and service! Thank you so much for choosing Royal Fig!

Canan · event on 05/23/2017

Royal Fig catered a VIP Reception and Anniversary Ceremony of our non-profit organization and we couldn't be more pleased with the service and food provided. Claudia quickly responded to any concerns, the food was delicious, and all staff very friendly and professional. We chose Royal Fig for several reasons. Whole Foods recommended them, they were able to work with our budget, were familiar with the venue (Silicon Labs) and generally responsive to any issues that arose. They were extremely helpful on selecting the menu and options that would fit our budget and size of the event. The onsite team arrived and setup on time, and there was never a moment of stress! We highly recommend Royal Fig, thank you Claudia and team!

Sent on 05/27/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

We are so glad that you enjoyed the food and the service. Thank you so much for choosing Royal Fig!

Mike · event on 05/14/2017

When the catering company we initially wanted to use was booked that day of our daughters communion my wife and I were scrambling to find another one. Thankfully we came across Royal Fig. Gina was awesome and helped us pick out great menu options and the menu was flexible. Once the day arrived, the food was top notch and the set up of the food was amazing. Can't thank Gina and the Royal Fig catering company enough.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

We are so glad you found us so that we could be a part of such a special day for your family! Thank you so much for the kind words. We truly appreciate it!

Emily · Married on 05/13/2017

ROYAL FIG IS AMAZING!!!! Their staff was very professional and their coordinator Brie was so great! Our tasting was fabulous and made the decision to hire them very easy for us. Brie met with me to go over linens, flatware, and glassware selections and the presentation day of was perfect! Our guests still talk about how delicious the food was and my husband LOVED the steak! We had a small wedding so we were slightly under the minimum so we decided to add on their deluxe s'mores table and it was a hit!!! Everyone loved it and thought it was so unique! If I have another event in Austin I will definitely hire Royal Fig again. It really couldn't have been any better!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Emily, you are so sweet! We are so glad that you had such a great experience with Royal Fig. Brie just loved working with you. Your wedding was so beautiful and we can't wait to see all of the pictures!

Wishing you all the best!

Katy · Married on 04/30/2017

When my husband and I began planning our wedding we quickly realized just how many questions there are you have to answer. One we had no hesitation in answering as foodies, was that it was important we have delicious, top notch quality food at our wedding. And that was exactly what we go! The food at our wedding was by far the BEST FOOD we've ever had at a wedding! I cannot say enough about how amazing Royal Fig is! From the quality of the food, the staff, the attention to detail and to the guests, everything was BEYOND perfection!! Jesse Martin and his team blew us away! You don't realize how much the catering company actually helps to coordinate on your special day, but they cover everything! From helping to ensure you stay on time to working with your other vendors allowing everything runs smoothly. We kept hearing over and over from all of our guests how incredible the food was and how it was by far the best they've ever had at a wedding as well. Even while we were taking photos during cocktail hour Jesse and his staff would take the time to come by with the "marriage-ritas" that were made to make sure we didn't miss out on our cocktail hours. Then they came back with refills and what we kept calling "spa water" (cucumber infused)! It was those types of details, big and small, that really elevated our celebration to a whole other level. If you're torn between Royal Fig and another catering company I HIGHLY recommend you end your search with this team. You will not be disappointed and they will exceed your expectations, guaranteed. Well, I take that back, the only disappointment you may experience is that you will want a night catered by Royal Fig to last forever! THANK YOU for making our day more amazing than we could have ever imagined!!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Wow, thank you so much Katy! I know Jesse had a great time planning with you every step of the way. We really appreciate your kind words and wish you all the best as you start your lives together!

Jaime · Married on 04/22/2017

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding! I don't even know where to begin! Food was our biggest priority, so after a ton of research we chose Royal Fig. They are pricey, but for the quality of food and the level of service they provide it was worth every penny and more.

We worked with Brie Oglesby and she was a total godsend! She is very knowledgeable about catering and weddings, so we relied on her expertise for many of our key decisions about the menu, timing, reception layout and more. There was no bottlenecking at the stations or crowded bars, everything was perfectly seamless with a nice flow.

We decided from the get go that we wanted to do station style service, but we were so indecisive about specific menu options - Brie and her team talked us through everything with so much flexibility and patience. We were able to try a few alternate options at our tasting, and walked away from it feeling SO confident with our choices!

The day of our wedding, Brie and her team showed up early, and were so professional and friendly! The presentation of the food on each station, including our appetizers, desserts, etc, was IMPECCABLE.

Almost two weeks later, we are STILL getting texts from people about how good the food was, especially our late night snack choice (brisket grilled cheese). My only regret is that as the bride I didn't get to eat as much as I wanted because I was so nervous I had no appetite. ALTHOUGH me and my husband had our own private server that was always on hand to make sure we had anything we needed. That was such a nice surprise! Also one of the best memories from our wedding was at the end of the night after many of the guests had left for our after party, we had so much fun chatting up their staff as they were breaking down the bar and stations! Such friendly people to be surrounded by on our big day!

Would highly highly highly recommend this place. They can do ANYTHING and the food is phenomenal and the service is BEYOND!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Jamie! You were so fun to work with and the wedding was beautiful! Please send photos when you get them back! We truly appreciate you having us be a part of your wedding day. All the best to both of you as you start your lives together!

Taylor · Married on 04/22/2017

I don’t think you can find any better food in Austin. We have gotten so many compliments on our wedding food. We wanted something that you don’t normally get at a wedding. Shrimp and grits? Done! We have absolutely zero complaints. From the service to the food to the professionalism that we experienced… Royal Fig is just the best. I highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thanks so much Taylor! We loved working with you on your wedding. We wish you both all the best as you start your lives together!

Karleen · event on 03/08/2017

I am based in NYC and I had to plan an event for SXSW in Austin Texas. I needed to impress clients, have upscale trendy meals and also stay within budget. The entire process seemed overwhelming and frankly a lot of catering companies declined our project because they couldn't handle the request but Royal Fig came in ready to help us succeed. Throughout the process, I felt like I had a partner. They came up with menu selections that fit within our budget and clientele. There staff onsite helped us with scheduling so we could prepare adequately for beverage services. AGAIN, the onsite staff were phenomenal, personable and professional. They were patient and reasonable especially with pricing. They were accessible. Whether I called at 7 in the morning or 10 at night, I always got a call back to help make sure that I could execute my event easily. Frankly, my only regret is that they are not national because if they were, I would use them for all my events.

Sent on 03/22/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Wow, thank you so much Karleen! Thank you so much for trusting us with your events. Our staff had nothing but great things to say about the week they spent with you! We truly appreciate your kindness and look forward to seeing you next year!

Therese · Married on 03/04/2017

Jesse and his team are KNOCKOUTS!!!! My dad is the regional executive chef at a steakhouse here in the states and so food was a big deal for us at our wedding. Throughout our tasting I was so nervous because my dad wasn't saying anything but at the end of the meal he put his fork down and said that was some of the best food he has ever had. And believe me, he NEVER says that. Ever. Fast forward to the wedding day and they delivered the same AWESOME quality their staff was amazing, they went above and beyond even letting us rename a desert dish so we could incorporate our pets - they are total rock stars and all of our guests kept coming up to us throughout the night telling us how good the food is :)

The only thing I would change is that I wish I could have Royal Fig cook my meals every single day. You guys need a restaurant!! ;)

Sent on 03/17/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Therese! You are so incredibly sweet! Talk about dream clients! Even with the rain on your wedding day, you were so calm and easy to work with. Your guests were so nice and our staff had a great time. We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Wishing you both all the best!

Donald · event on 02/24/2017

This was our first time using Royal Fig and we loved working with them. The food was fantastic and our crew was a pleasure to work with. Highly recommended

Sent on 03/01/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for trusting us with your event! It was truly our pleasure and I hope we have the opportunity to work with you again.

Valerie · event on 12/31/2016

I've hired Royal Fig twice and the food was fabulous both times. The beef is to die for. People still ask me who the caterer was 6 months later. Awesome customer service. Gina helped guide me on how much to order and answered all of my questions quickly. Highly recommend Royal Fig!

Sent on 03/24/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to many more events with you Valerie!
  • User7614775 · event on 12/16/2016

Royal Fig catered our team Holiday party this year. They were extremely helpful on selecting the menu and options that would fit our budget and size of the party. The food was incredible and the server for the party very friendly! We would recommend them to anyone who needed an excellent caterer.

Sent on 01/09/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was truly our pleasure!

Leigh · Married on 12/03/2016

OK I have been to and been in a lot of weddings and usually the food is terrible, so when I started my search I was just looking for something NOT TERRIBLE, but I didn't have crazy high expectations either. My expectations were completely shattered though at the quality of the food and the level of service my guests and I received!!! We only selected one entree, the beef short rib, which was so tender and delicious! The service was on par with any super fancy restaurant, and they were all so fun and great to work with. They were super cool and flexible too about letting us design our own specialty cocktail, and serve my father-in-law's beer he brewed. I have zero negative things to say, the night went off without a hitch, the food was delicious, the bartenders kept the drinks flowing without there ever being a long line, the place looked immaculate when we arrived, and I think everyone had fun! I got several WAY more expensive quotes and I don't think they would have been nearly as good. Now stop reading this and go ahead and book your event! :)

Sent on 01/11/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Aw, Leigh... THANK YOU!!! We had such a great time working with you. Your guests were so nice and the wedding was just beautiful. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We hope to see pictures of the wedding soon! Keep in touch!

Sarah · Married on 11/26/2016

It was so easy to work with this company. They made what could have been complicated a very easy process. The staff they sent were professional and personable and the food was really delicious! They also went above and beyond in cleaning up and getting the dishes back into crates for the rental company to pick up.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Sarah! We had a great time with you guys and wish you all the best!

Sarah · Married on 11/25/2016

Thank you Royal Fig for making our wedding absolutely perfect! The food and service were amazing. We are still having people comment to us how great the food was. I want to move to Austin so I can have an event and use you all again for catering!!!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Aw, thanks Sarah! Our was truly our pleasure!

Kate · Married on 11/19/2016

Our Wedding Reception was for a group of about 40 in the late afternoon on a boat, so the selection of Platters and Stations on Royal Fig's Limited Service Menu was perfect. All of the platters were beautifully presented and the food was delicious...especially the Beef Tenderloin! Gina was wonderful to work with and went out of her way to pick up our Wedding Cake from Sweet Treats Bakery to deliver with the food. Royal Fig's sensitive standards for sourcing high quality foods, locally, was important to us and they used these local ingredients to created extremely delectable hors d'oeuvres!!! Cheers to Royal Fig!!! Kate & Tom

Sent on 12/09/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Congratulations to you both! We appreciate the wonderful review!

Cori · Married on 11/13/2016

We had a destination wedding, and we met with the Royal Fig team for our tasting several months leading up to the big day. Everyone we worked with was very professional and extremely friendly. A few weeks before the wedding, the woman we were working with had left, so Kristen (the owner) gave us a call to explain that there had been a change, but not to worry because Gina was going to take her place, but Kristen would also be there every step of the way moving forward. They made the transition of employees seamless and we were very appreciative of that. We also made several changes to our food selections prior to the wedding (everything was SO GOOD, we had such a hard time making decisions!) and they made those changes without any issues. Their response time (email) was quick and overall it was such a pleasure to work with each of them. Our guests were RAVING about the food - but we knew to expect that since we were doing the same after the tasting. My husband still won't stop talking about the beef tenderloin and lobster grits. I'm going to need to learn how to make that! A million thanks for taking part in our day and for filling the bellies of our guests with your most delicious food!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

It's so great to hear from you Cori! Your wedding was so fun and we are thrilled you and your guests enjoyed everything. We appreciate everything you did to make the planning process easy for us too!

Tiffany · Married on 11/13/2016

Royal Fig is a must for any occasion! They were so flexable and attentive to everything we wanted for our reception!!! The food was so amazing, our guests still are talking about it!!! The service, food, attention to detail is top notic!!!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thanks so much Tiffany! I love seeing the wedding photos you are posting on instagram. We appreciate the tags! Wishing you both all the best!

Cindy · Married on 11/12/2016

We did not look any further when my daughter said she wanted a sit down family style service dinner at the reception! We found Royal Fig as a recommendation by a friend and made an appointment for a tasting! That's all it took! The food was delicious at the tasting and the selection on the website was organized by season which made it so easy. The food was exactly as I expected....fabulous and the service was top notch! Family style is the way to go if you want great service, sit down meal and want to avoid the buffet line. Royal Fig is just that ........royal cuisine.........

Sent on 12/07/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Cindy! We just loved working with you and your family. We appreciate your kindness and support. Best wishes to all!
  • myan

myan · Married on 10/09/2016

Royal Fig and Claudia Ozuna were an absolute dream work with. They were super responsive to all our questions and requests - like changing the whole menu to gluten free weeks before and educating us on the best way to make the day flow. I couldn't have asked for better service and the food! Oh my goodness. Watching people load up on those plates was a joy to my heart. It meant everyone was full and happy and we couldn't ask for more. I highly recommend Royal Fig for your event. They were such kind and happy people, which only make you stress less on such an important day. We always felt we were in good hands.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Oh Myan, you are so sweet! Thank you so much for your kindness. We really enjoyed working with you and wish you guys a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • F

Fran · Married on 10/08/2016

Royal Fig sets the standard for elegant catering. The food for my daughter's wedding was beautiful, thoughtfully prepared and delicious...and hot! I don't even know how they do it. Alyson was a gem with last minute additions and great attention to detail. We were thrilled!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

We had such a nice time working with your family! Thank you so much for the compliments. Your feedback is so much appreciated! Best wishes to the happy couple!

Homer and Carol · event on 09/27/2016

For a reception for our church to celebrate our priests and parishioners ministries, Royal Fig provided the food for our "heavy Hors d'oeuvres " buffet. The variety, taste, quality, quantity, and presentation were wonderful. The attendees' comments were overwhelming glowing concerning the food. It was the hit of the event, which was a huge success overall. Many persons asked for the caterer's name and location, and we gladly shared that with everyone. Even today, days later, the compliments and praise are still coming in. This is just the latest of fantastic food and service that our family has received from Royal Fig at multiple events.

Sent on 09/30/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for choosing Royal Fig once again to help you with this event! We always enjoy working with you. We look forward to another wonderful event in the future!

Leslie · Married on 09/17/2016

Since we were planning our wedding remotely, we wanted to make sure that all of our vendors were independent and easy to work with, were very good quality. Royal Fig was all off the above.

They were on top of the planning prior to our wedding and responded quickly to our emails and question.

During the day of our wedding, we didn't have a wedding coordinator but Royal Fig was able to set up and serve and clean without any issues. They made sure the bride and groom were fed and well hydrated since our wedding was outside. The food was delicious, fresh and beautiful. At the end of the night, they clean up and closed down quickly and efficiently. We are so glad we choose them for our caterer.

Sent on 08/19/2017

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

It's great to hear from you! Thank you so much for your kind words. It was truly our pleasure!