RJ Vida Reviews

60 | Thonotosassa, FL

60 Reviews for RJ Vida

Kelli · Married on 11/28/2015

We had so much fun at our wedding and never once did I worry or question what music was playing when. RJ made sure to specialize the play list to our style and what we wanted out of our wedding reception. I recommend choosing certain songs for all the specific parts of the evening as we did. It takes a little time, but was so special and personal, and RJ could read from those selections what would fit in with the rest of the time.

Sent on 08/24/2010
  • Josh & Jen

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2014

RJ RJ RJ RJ RJ!!!!! you are the man my friend!!! I contacted RJ almost 2 years ago we have had over 100 emails back and forth. Rj is just a great all around person and awesome DJ. He took charge and got us back on schedule! EVERYONE WAS DANCING!!!! and I MEAN everyone!!!! He is super professional, down to earth and knows how to MC a wedding and spin some tunes to get the party ROCKING!!!! MUSIC WAS AWESOME!!! LIGHTS LOOKED KILLER!!!!

DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR AND BOOK RJ NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU WONT REGRET IT!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Raquel · Married on 05/17/2014

RJ is responsive and courteous. The lighting he recommended for our outdoor reception was absolutely perfect. We wanted natural hues but plenty of light for all of our guests. We went with market lighting, then when we wanted to add lanterns, he included them at-cost. It was absolutely perfect, and he was great to work with.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 04/13/2013

RJ, kept our guest on the dance floor. He is an amazing DJ and we couldn't have picked a better choice. He was upbeat, happy and really made our wedding. :)

Sent on 04/23/2013
  • Kelleigh

Kelleigh · Married on 04/06/2013

Where do I begin? RJ Vida was great. I told myself that the 2 things that most guests remember from a wedding are the food and the entertainment. Knowing this, I only wanted the best.

RJ Vida was fantastic. He not only was DJ but also emceed as well. He was spot on when introducing the bridal party, he was on time with a wireless microphone for the toasts and he played all of the best music throughout the night. The dance floor wasn't empty once.

He is incredibly sweet to work with and his responsiveness is impeccable. I pride myself on being responsive and he beat me a few times with emails back and forth.

I also hired his production team called The Production Crew to hang cantina lights in the trees above the dance floor. They were on time and the lighting made the evening look magical.

I have no hesitation recommending him to any future bride.

Sent on 04/08/2013
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 03/16/2013

RJ is the best!! He really is such a great DJ. He kept my party going all night. Sounded great. Wasn't tacky like other DJs at weddings i have heard. He gave me a great detailed list to fill out before the wedding so we had everything covered including do not play songs which was a biggie for me! He really is such a great DJ and did an amazing job. My one big concern when getting married was i wanted to have a good DJ that would keep the energy going and not be tacky and thats exactly what RJ delivered! I cant recommend this guy enough! Thanks for everything RJ!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Stacy · Married on 03/01/2013

A months before our wedding we attended a friends wedding the DJ was horrible! We didn't want to make the same mistake. After doing a ton of research we found RJ. When you read the reviews and they say RJ made the party they are right! Our dance floor was packed all night everyone was dancing it was total blast. He knew exactly what to play to keep everybody out there I could not ask for a better DJ. I kept getting so many compliments on how awesome the DJ was and how great the music selection was as well a few my friends even asked for his number for their own parties. Thank you RJ for making my wedding a night to remember!

Sent on 04/03/2013

Amanda · Married on 11/15/2012

RJ is the best! He works with what you want for your special day and stays away from the cheesy cliche wedding songs... He keeps the flow and energy going through out the entire night with awesome dance music and to top it off is extremely friendly and professional! Definitely recommend him and his crew:)

Sent on 11/23/2012

Christine · Married on 10/27/2012

We cannot thank RJ enough for all his hard work and energy. He is an amazing DJ and is a lot of fun to work with. He is extremely professional and responsive. We simply told him what we wanted and he delivered. He also helped us with our first song which was above an beyond our agreement. Also, you should consider his lighting services, as he did an amazing job with our ballroom and brought it to life. Throughout the reception, he kept us on track and made sure we hit all the highlights. Everyone commented that they loved the music and RJ personality - we made our wedding a blast. If you don't have great music, it's not a party! Two words for future brides - HIRE HIM!!!

Sent on 11/11/2012
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/26/2012

We used RJ for his DJ services and also the uplighting of our reception hall. Since this was a destination wedding, we did not have the chance to meet RJ before the wedding but we are extremely happy we chose him! While looking for DJ's, I saw some very old-fashioned types - however, we were looking for a more modern yet still classic DJ - we wanted to make sure old and new music was played as well as having an emcee that wasn't extremely corny (ie/ wedding shoe game). When we saw examples of RJ's work we knew he was going to be a great fit. It was very stressful planning a wedding from across the country but RJ made this aspect of the wedding very easy for me - we filled out a simple questionnaire (ie/ our first dance song, bridal party entrance song, father-daughter dance, ect.), answered some basic questions and we were all set. I had a few questions during the preparation and he was easy to contact and quick to respond. The uplighting in the hall looked awesome - we let him use his discretion to pick a color that would most suit the space and the blue he chose really completed the room. Thanks RJ!

Sent on 12/01/2012
  • Sierra

Sierra · Married on 09/09/2012

I can't speak enough praise for RJ! He did exactly what we had talked about for our reception music, and beyond that, he was incredibly responsive. Even if it was late at night or early in the morning I always received a quick email back! He made me feel comfortable immediately, and I liked that I felt that he knew exactly what vibe I was trying to achieve. He was the only vendor I didn't meet face to face with before our big day, and even with that, I never felt the need to worry about his service. It may not seem that huge at first, but finding someone that you trust to carry your entire reception is a big deal!

Choose RJ! He is THE BEST!!

Sent on 09/18/2012

Lauren · Married on 09/08/2012

WE LOVED RJ! We booked RJ for our September 8th wedding at the Florida Aquarium keeping in mind that a DJ is a huge aspect of how the tone of your wedding comes out. He was super responsive and very helpful. He knew exactly what we wanted and he absolutely delivered! He played during our dinner and we wanted calm, popular and modern dinner music. He even came over to our table at one point to double check that the music was ok. When it came time to dance, we wanted crowd pleasers for the older group to start off and as the night progressed we wanted it to be a straight dance party. It was PERFECT! He kept everyone dancing the entire time. I would recommend him to anyone as he works with exactly what you have in mind. He definitely knows how to keep a party going.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Keli · Married on 05/12/2012

My husband Brandon and I met with several vendors to choose each one carefully. I contacted a few possible djs for our wedding, but only met with one........RJ! I had a great feeling about him just from reading reviews and speaking with him through a couple emails. But, it was within minutes of speaking to him in person, we knew he would absolutely be the person to make our night memorable for not only us, but our friends and family!....(We are still hearing what an amazing and fun night everyone had!!)

RJ is incredibly on top of what he does. He is super quick to respond to phone calls and emails. He is extremely professional and has a great personality and positive energy! He truly does what the clients are looking for. Our music and his services could not have been any better!!! In fact...our expectations for him were very high and he totally and completely exceeded them! His music was amazing and exactly what we asked for and the lighting he did for us was absolutely breathtaking!!!!!

I would recommend him to any bride any day! In fact, I would tell her to look no further!

Sent on 05/23/2012

Chantelle · Married on 03/31/2012

We cannot thank RJ enough for what a wonderful job he did at our wedding. He was hired to DJ our wedding, and we made the mistake of not choosing him for our up lighting as well… As far as a Dj goes he was extremely professional, personable, easy to talk to, great listener and always responded back to emails or phone calls immediately. Leading up to the wedding he guides you on song choices but encourages you to be yourselves and choose whatever fits your personality, not what some wedding book tells you to do. We really needed some inspiration and he gave great advice but also really listened to what we wanted. He was amazing with the crowd, and made everything flow very smoothly. When I showed up at the venue, I glanced in the room and noticed that the cheap lighting guy that I hired not only put up the absolutely wrong color, but also left before he was supposed to. RJ just happened to be standing there when he saw how upset I was and offered to help out. He told me that he happened to have extra lighting equipment in his truck and offered to set up his LED lights. It was about 10min before the beginning of the reception, and like a true professional, he already had his Dj equipment set up; so the last 10min he spent running around unplugging the crappy lights and setting up his beautiful LED lights. Even though he was under a lot of pressure he was calm, cool and collected. Remember this was not pressure that was a part of his contract nor was he expected to help out with this. He could have sat there and said ‘oops sorry, you picked the wrong guy’, but instead he jumped up and without hesitation he saved the day. The lights themselves were the perfect color and honestly they made my wedding really special. If you are thinking about having up lighting at your wedding or event I would without a doubt choose RJ. The little extra money goes a long way because not only are you getting an amazing product but you are getting professionals who know what they are doing and someone you can trust with your event, and to me that’s priceless. If you are thinking of hiring him for Dj for your event or wedding I would also give him the best recommendations, people are still talking about how great he was and how he appealed to the different age groups and cultures that were there and made everyone happy. RJ is a true professional and has an amazing talent and passion for what he does. The example of him saving the day with the lighting is just a glimpse into his character and personality. It is nice to know that there are people that you can do honest business with that will deliver what is promised and go above and beyond. I would also like to add that RJ never charged me for the extra lighting nor hung it over my head in any way. I never got my money back from the other guy and I will always be truly grateful for his generosity and kindness. He doesn’t have the top ratings for no reason!

Sent on 08/01/2012

Heather · Married on 03/24/2012

RJ Vida was wonderful. I never had to contact him because he always contacted me first, frequently checking in to see if I needed anything during the planning process. He was always friendly and pleasant during email or phone conversations. He also did my lighting, which turned out great! I got many compliments on his great music choices. He kept the party going. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 03/28/2012

DREW · Married on 03/17/2012

Rj was incredible, everyone commented on how amazing the lighting was at our reception, and I agree 100%. Great guy, great company! You will not be disappointed!! Thanks again RJ!

Sent on 03/28/2012
  • I

Nikki · Married on 02/18/2012

RJ ...is ... AWESOME...!!!

If you don't use him as your DJ, you are not having the best wedding possible. He is SO professional and amazing at what he does. He kept me updated on things. Asked for my opinion and gave his when I asked for his! He kept everything ON POINT. I knew he was good already, but I was blown away and I have known him for years.

And the lighting he did for me? STUNNING. I just kept looking around in awe that this was my wedding. It was more beautiful than I could have imagined. Like something out of a magazine in my opinion.

The music was non-stop good hits. He kept people on the dance floor effortlessly. I spoke to many of my guests and ALL of them mentioned how fun the wedding was. The dance floor was never empty. Even myself, the bride, was trying to avoid mingling with people so I could get back on the dance floor! We would have kept the party going if the venue would have let us!

Sent on 02/26/2012
  • I

Ian · Married on 01/14/2012

If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding, then stop, you have found him. RJ Vida did an amazing job for my wife and I. I knew when we had our wedding guests complaining of sore calf muscles days after the wedding that we had a successful dance floor. RJ was great to work with and was extremely helpful through the planning process (giving us advice based on his experience and adhering to our music requests). The result was a successful wedding in which everything flowed seamlessly, from the wedding party introductions to the cake cutting. For all the planning that goes into a wedding the most visible part is the DJ as he runs the show the day of, and RJ made our wedding experience one we will never forget! Thanks RJ!

Sent on 01/24/2012

Kelly · Married on 12/03/2011

After reading all the reviews, I knew I wanted RJ to DJ our wedding. We met with him and instantly knew he was a perfect fit. He is extremely professional, but fun at the same time. He listened to what we wanted and what we didn't want. My music taste is not so mainstream, so when I gave him a playlist for the pre-ceremony and the cocktail hour, he found and downloaded all of the songs I requested. We had some guests arrive early, so he started the prelude music a little early. He made sure the wedding flowed and when it was time to dance, he delivered! The floor was packed all night...I know we didn't leave the dance floor much! So many people commented on how great the music was...it was exactly what we had wanted. He also provided lighting and it came our beautifully. I can't say enough good things about RJ, he truly knows how to make a wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 12/08/2011

Amanda · Married on 11/19/2011

I can't say enough good things about RJ. From our first meeting, my (now) husband and I knew he was kind of DJ we were looking for- classy but fun. I didn't need to provide him a playlist or babysit him to make sure he didn't do any chicken dances, etc. He kept our guests on the dance floor through the entire reception and we had an amazing party! From the first email contact to the very end of the reception, RJ was always available to answer questions and provide advice. He also provided uplights and made the reception hall look gorgeous. If you want a true professional who will ensure a smooth reception from start to finish, you've found him.

Sent on 11/21/2011

Kristine · Married on 11/05/2011

The day that I met RJ I booked him for my wedding. Just by meeting with him, you can see his passion for what he does. I knew that by booking him, he would make sure my wedding music was exactly what I had in mind. I had a ton of questions for RJ throughout the entire year that I was planning my wedding and he ALWAYS got back to me with a friendly, helpful response very quickly. He never made me feel like I was bothering him, he always helped me and gave me his professional opinion no matter what. RJ did our ceremony music and really helped me when it came to picking songs. I trusted his opinions and the ceremony music ended up PERFECT! Not only is RJ an excellent DJ but he is a great emcee. His voice is so professional but fun at the same time. He followed right along with the agenda for the wedding that we came up with and kept our dance floor packed the entire night. Everyone at our wedding, young and old, were out on the dance floor and danced the entire night. We definitely did not want the reception to end. I know that RJ made the reception what it was with the amazing music that he played. It's like he knew what would keep people having fun and on the dance floor. People are still asking me who our DJ was and commenting on how wonderful he was. I would definitely recommend RJ to anyone getting married in the future!!

Sent on 12/02/2011

Kristen · Married on 10/15/2011

RJ is hands down the total package. He MADE my wedding. He's got the right look, the right voice and all the knowledge to get the job done.
    The dance floor was packed the entire night. He knew exactly what to play to keep everyone dancing. He also did the lighting which was absolutely gorgeous. No, he doesn't use those cheesy lights that light up a little spot on the wall.. the entire place was glowing purple and looked absolutely amazing. When I got the first look at the room I was just in awe. He always made sure we were satisfied and taken care of the entire night which was awesome. He also did a beautiful white dance floor with our names & date on it which was so gorgeous.
    Oh, and everything was so nice and neat too. NO CORDS POPPING OUT EVERYWHERE. I cannot say enough wonderful things. Thank you so much RJ!! It was such a pleasure working with you.

Sent on 10/27/2011

Camie · Married on 07/23/2011

RJ was fabulous! He listened to everything we said and was extremly flexable. We had some bad weather the day of the wedding and he was able to bump up the introductions and basically the entire wedding timeline to accomidate us. He was professional and he played great music. Our dance floor was full the entire night. I had multiple people come up and tell me that they loved the DJ. I would recomend him to any bride.

Sent on 08/11/2011

Megan · Married on 06/25/2011

I literally cannot say enough about how great of a job RJ Vida did at our wedding reception. The dance floor was packed from the start of the reception all the way until the last song - Grandmothers, groomsmen, older people, younger people, and even people who NEVER dance. Everyone was having such a great time that we didn't even get to one slow song! He ran the party exactly how we wanted - started off with some music for all ages and then towards the end of the night my mom was dancing to the Ying Yang Twins!! It was the best party we have ever been to and that was because of RJ's ability to mix music. I would recommend RJ to anyone and everyone who loves to dance and to people who are looking to have an amazing reception. He was attentive, not cheesy at all, and always responded to my emails in a very timely matter. THANK YOU RJ!!!!

Sent on 06/28/2011

Gina · Married on 05/14/2011

R-J is beyond amazing at his dj'ing skills!!! Such talent! We are so so glad to have found him. He was the first and only dj we met with when planning our wedding. We knew right away he was it! Our guests could not say enough nice things about him and how much they loved the music!! Our dance floor was full the entire reception. He listened to all our requests. He even brought turntables and mixed up different songs. Unbelievable! We would highly highly recommend him. Such a genuinely nice guy too!!! :)

Sent on 05/31/2011