Catching Lightning

Spring Hill, FL View map Visit website
$699 Most Popular Price

$699 Most Popular Price

I am a Tampa Bay-area DJ and producer named Collin. Music has always been a huge part of my life and I live for the moments of pure energy that getting a whole room of people dancing together brings.

Since nine years old, I have played the piano pretty consistently and have practiced other musical disciplines since. Throughout my musical career, I picked up singing and producing as I explored this passion more. I started DJing as a fill-in on JetStream Radio (where I now host a weekly show). Once I had dipped my feet in, I was off. Since then, I have DJ'd various private events and weddings.

Booking me means you get a DJ with:

• 📅 15+ years of musical experience
  • 💃 Deep, genuine passion for entertaining
  • 💼 Significant business experience (read: dealing with me won't be a nightmare)
  • 💰 Competitive and flexible pricing
  • 💡 Full sound and lighting equipment
  • 🚗 Ability to travel (I can bring the party to you)
  • 👍 Consistent positive reviews

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$699

What is included in the starting price?

Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$699

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Microphones

What is the starting price for uplighting?

$1,000

What music genres do you specialize in?

Club
Electronic
Hip Hop
Pop
Top 40

What services do you offer?

Do-Not-Play List
MC

What additional equipment do you offer?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

• Christopher
    Christopher F. Married on 11/12/2022

Outstanding Outdoor Ceremony and Reception

Collin, better known as Catching Lightning, blew us away with our outdoor DIY reception and ceremony. He helped immensely with his schedule change suggestions and smoothed out any bumps he could with our timeline. Extremely organized and tailored. You start with a consultation, next comes a questionnaire PDF by yourself (VERY HELPFUL), and then a review of the questionnaire together.

As an add-on to our package, we paid for additional motorized lights, lasers, and wash lights. Incredible. I kid you not, the neighbors kids came and crashed our party for a bit and with my approval, he played their requests and they were break dancing. Again, not a lie to be said here. If you say no song or speech requests without your permission, you have his word.

Five stars and WILL be recommending this professional to friends and family who needs a versatile DJ who keeps hungry guests happy in moments of hiccups!

-Christopher Force

Catching Lightning's reply:

Thank you so much, Chris! I had an amazing time at your wedding and I'm so glad I got to contribute to the energy of the event. The neighbors joining in was absolutely the icing on the cake. I wish nothing but the best to you and your new wife, Precious!
    Best,
    Catching Lightning
    Katie M. Married on 07/30/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

You won’t be disappointed!!!

We recently used Collin for my Sister in laws surprise 50th birthday party. Initially we had another musician scheduled who bailed on us the very last moment. Thankfully Collin jumped in without any hesitation and saved our party. If you are looking for a DJ who is prompt, professional and loads of fun look no further. We can’t recommend him enough. He had everyone singing and dancing along. We will only be using him for all of our future events.

Catching Lightning's reply:

Thank you for the review, Katie! I had a blast DJing for the surprise party and everyone was very welcoming. I look forward to any future events with you!
illustration stars

Team

Collin Biedenkapp
Collin Biedenkapp
Artist/Performer

Collin is a professional programmer and businessman who loves music. As a pianist, electronic music producer, and DJ, Collin has an easy time finding the right song and the right energy for any moment. He is the primary creative input behind the Catching Lightning brand and loves entertaining.

Breanna Koenig
Breanna Koenig
Brand Agent

Breanna is the happy-go-lucky, friendly, and professional representative of the Catching Lightning brand! She manages social media, assists in booking events, and often helps coordinate on-site. Breanna loves making your special day that much more special.

Station House Catering & BBQ
5.0 out of 5 rating , 16 Reviews
· Wedding Caterers

8216 Shorecrest Court Spring Hill, FL, 34606
813-906-6370
Location of (Catching Lightning)

Other vendors in Tampa for your wedding