Rachel Levine Photography Reviews

24 | San Francisco, CA

24 Reviews for Rachel Levine Photography

Daniel and Ederlei · Married on 10/22/2018

Impressive photographer and company. Book them now!

Our wedding photography experience with Rachel and her superb photographer Christian was amazing. Rachel was quick to respond to our enquiries, put our minds at ease and the experience with her company long distance (we are from Canada) was very professional and it had a profound personal touch to it. She set us up with Christian who was excellent at capturing our personalities in our photos at San Francisco City Hall. He is a passionate photographer. Kudos to Christian and Rachel. We were so impressed and we highly recommend her services.
    Dan and Ederlei

Sent on 12/02/2018

Bridget · Married on 06/15/2018

OMG we LOVED Rachel! She photographed our friends wedding at City Hall, and we knew she was the one for us when we saw their pictures, plus she was super friendly and really knew what she was doing with our big crazy group.

We aren't married yet, but we needed engagement photos and decided to go the the Palace of Fie Arts, and out the Baker Beach for some romantic shots. We probably drove her a little crazy because of my boyfriends work schedule, we had to keep changing the date, but she was really chill about and said she's used to it.

He hates taking pictures in general, and she was amazing at coaching us through the day, and really helping us to connect with each other, so we're not just staring at the camera. You can easily see how much fun we had that day, and what a fun relationship we have in general, she just KNEW how to capture that! We are SUPER happy and can't wait to have her photograph our wedding when that day comes, next year!

Sent on 05/04/2017

Kate · Married on 06/01/2018

Rachel photographed my wedding in San Jose last month. She was very communicative and open every step of the way, in fact I chose her, not only because her work is beautiful, but also because she was the only photographer who spoke to me like a human being. She has an east coast way about her which I immediately loved (native NYer here) she is a professional through and through and our photos are proof of that - they're wonderful. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Erin · Married on 10/02/2017

100 stars for Rachel! Rachel is so talented and it really shows through the product of her work. She was so easy to work with and I am so happy with the outcome! Thank you Rachel for capturing our wedding day so perfectly!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Genevieve · Married on 07/30/2017

Rachel is absolutely amazing! My husband and I decided to elope and have our special day at San Francisco City Hall. Rachel's knowledge of City Hall, it top of the line. She made our day so relaxing and enjoyable.Rachel knew where, what and how to have a great wedding and breathtaking photos done. She's the best!!! We will definitely hire Rachel again for more special moments.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Alexandra · Married on 05/08/2017

Rachel was amazing! I found her online and struck me how beautiful her photos were! Her pricing for photo sessions are definitely affordable! Prior to our wedding, our only communication was through email and she answered all of my questions, assuring me, thus helping me feel less stressed!
    We arrived at SF city hall earlier than our supposed meeting time, sent her a text, and she met us right away. We took all of our couple photos prior to the ceremony and she was definitely efficient and professional. In addition, she has guided us all throughout the process of signing in (huge help for us because it was our first time going into the city hall!), and to our ceremony as well! You will feel less nervous and anxious because she knows the whole process!

Overall, Rachel is efficient, her work is a value for your money and such a lovely person to work with! Our wedding photos turned out amazing! One my husband and I will be able to treasure!

Thank you Rachel!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Raquel · Married on 04/18/2017

My husband and I hired Rachel to do our City Hall wedding photos and we couldn't have been more happy. She definitely knows her way around there and is determined to capture the best moments. Thank you Rachel for making our day amazing!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Vanessa · Married on 04/14/2017

Seemless experience and world class service. Rachel made our experience one of a kind almost 3000 miles away. There was no confusion or fear only excitement for the big day and our amazing photos. And my god the photos were stunning. Christian was so welcoming and has an eye for perfection. We couldn't have wished for our day, our photos and overall experience better then it happened.

Sent on 05/07/2017

Kathryn · Married on 04/14/2017

Having Rachel shoot our wedding was one of my highlights of the day. Some of my favourite moments with my husband were when we had our photos together before the ceremony and hopped in a limo to be photographed around Golden Gate Park. Rachel was wonderful working with us and our guests. The pictures turned out so lovely and I'm really glad to have them to remember the day!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Rachel Levine Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Kathryn! I learned about so many new spots in the park thanks to you two! I still think about all those turtles! Lol I hope you enjoy your photos and album for many many years to come!

Karen · Married on 04/12/2017

Rachel is absolutely the one to hire for your wedding photos. Her skill, talent, warmth, humor, and understanding would make anyone feel comfortable, and she knows City Hall inside out. My husband and I got married with our FIVE kids in tow, and Rachel was as accommodating and patient as you could ever imagine with the unpredictable needs and moods of small children. I would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 04/29/2017

Randy · Married on 04/11/2017

Rachel was amazing! She gave us a lot of tips before our wedding such as recommending a flower shop and salon in SF.
    Rachel is very talented in choosing the best background as well as chossing the right moment to take several impromtu shots. She definitely knows her way around City Hall and made sure we were at the right place at the right time. She is very serious about her work but very fun and pleasant to work with. She offers a very affordable package that you won't be disappointed with. We give her our highest recommendation.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Carson · Married on 04/05/2017

We wanted to have our wedding in San Francisco and heard about Rachel from a friend of ours who lives there, so we arranged a skype call with her. We had already planned out the main outline of what we wanted to do, and I have to say, Rachel was about as patient and friendly as any human could have been while we went over everything and plied her with questions. She was also able to give us some excellent referrals for flowers and hair/makeup people. On the day, she managed to achieve the miracle of being both proactive and unobtrusive – she just ‘took care of’ making sure everyone (including our three dachshunds) was in just the right spot to take the best possible pictures. I know something about photo compositions, and I can tell you she knows what she’s doing. I keep trying to think of something she could have done better (because I’m that person), but I just can’t. Five stars…

Sent on 05/23/2017

J · event on 04/01/2017

I hired Rachel to photograph my daughter for her 13th birthday because she photographed my wedding a while back. We went to the Golden Gate Bridge and the Palace of Fine Art. I picked RLP because I like her website and philosophy. When we spoke, Rachel was kind, patient and genuinely interested in what I wanted to capture for my daughter's 13th birthday. I got a good feeling from her from the get-go. Our shoot itself was fun and effortless. She was great with my daughter and even made my 8 year old son laugh. She captured a few shots of the both of them which was great too. We got some beautiful photos of my daughter because of her professional demeanor, kindness and genuine love of people and photography. Rachel produces great images that aren't stuffy. Her photos tell your story. She really focuses on her clients. I would hire her again.

Sent on 04/29/2017

rebecca · Married on 03/24/2017

Rachel was very accommodating. When I was late to my own wedding she didn't make a fuss; she went with the motions and started when I arrived. She helped husband and I coordinate how the ceremony would go and took the lead. I personally loved that and needed it because I had no idea what to do. Rachel had great ideas and has an eye for pictures. I only wish now that I bought a larger package because I loved the pictures so much I want more! lol. Thanks for capturing our special day.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you so much for your kind words! Not to worry, we can always do a one year anniversary shoot, right back at SF City Hall:)

Shawn · Married on 02/03/2017

My wife and I are not from San Francisco so the thought of trying to set up video and photography for our big day at city hall was a bit overwhelming. My wife works full time and I am a stay at home dad so the task of planning our trip to San lFrancisco, our wedding at city hall and then our honeymoon in Napa was on me. I began by Googling San Francisco city hall photographers and found Rachel Levine. After looking at Rachel's website I knew she was the photographer for us. The pictures are stunning and she captures the most beautiful nooks and crannies of city hall along with the full granger of the building. I called Rachel and I think she took pity on my nervousness in trying to plan out the biggest day of our lives . Rachel immediately set me at ease by taking the time to explain everything to me! Rachel went so far as to give us recommendations on where to stay and where to eat both in San Francisco and Napa. My wife wanted to have certain flowers and to have her hair and make up done.......Rachel had referrals for that too, and they were amazing!! Rachel spent over an hour on the phone with me and explained everything. My wife called her the next day with a few questions and she agreed......we booked her. Leading up to our wedding we emailed a few other questions and Rachel promptly responded and made suggestions and recommendations . When our wedding day finally came Rachel met us at city hall, she told us where to go and what to do, she knows everyone there!!! She directed us through the building as we created some amazing shots along with the video girl Sara on Rachel's team.......they were nothing short of amazing, we felt so at ease with both of them! Our pics and video arrived about a month later and we were blown away with the professionalism and attention to detail.......more than we ever expected!!! She truly captured the love and emotion we felt that day. In summary - I would recommend Rachel to anyone! A great value and an even better photographer.

Sent on 04/28/2017

Kimberley · Married on 09/10/2011

Digital Photo Girl took my amazing wedding boudoir photos before my wedding date, and they turned out better than I could have ever imagined. She was fun to work with, and knew how to pose me and help choose my lingerie and outfits. She has a lot of experience and it shows. Now I have beautiful photos for a lifetime and am very pleased! I recommend Rachel's work highly.

Sent on 11/04/2011

Glenys · Married on 05/06/2011

We had a very untraditional wedding with no guests (except our corgi, Gilligan), no witnesses, and no tedious traditions. We did wear bride and groom type outfits, go to city hall, and have wedding cake but it was all on our terms and for our own enjoyment. Thanks to Rachel, aka Digital Photo Girl everything at City Hall and later, on our house-boat (docked at Pier 39) was captured to perfection. She was patient, pleasant, meticulous and creative.

Sent on 09/29/2011

Nicci · Married on 06/05/2010

Rachel was awesome - beautiful pictures, creative ideas, calm admist chaos, professional to the end! I could not have wanted a better experience with my photographer!!

Sent on 09/30/2011

Jillian · Married on 09/17/2011

Rachel is amazing photographer. She is attentive, well-mannered. creative. positive and truly loves what she does.

Sent on 09/28/2011

Gary · Married on 06/12/2017

We can't thank Rachel enough for being able to meet our need for a photographer for our special day. We were getting married at City Hall a little over 12 hours after arriving in San Francisco from the UK. It was really important that we had someone we could communicate easily with in advance. Rachel was always very responsive to our emails and was able to answer all our questions. She introduced us to her colleague, Christian, who was going to be our photographer for the event. She sent us some great examples of his work, helping us to feel reassured that he would be the ideal person to help us make lasting memories of our special day. Christian really took pride in his work, tirelessly but effortlessly moving us around beautiful City Hall. He used all his obvious knowledge and experience of the venue to get the most fantastic shots of us all around the iconic building. Rachel delivered our finished, edited album exactly within the agreed timescales. We couldn't have been happier with the service she provided.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Hi Gary,
    It was our pleasure to work with you, and we hope you enjoy your images for many, many years to come!

Rachel and Christian

Shawna · Married on 04/08/2011

Do yourself a favor and hire Rachel Levine of Digital Photo Girl Photography to photograph your wedding. I've never met a photographer who was so enthusiastic and creative and we just LOVE our wedding pictures!!!

I was really overwhelmed trying to find the right person to capture our wedding and she drove all the way out to our house to meet with us and brought a ton of beautiful albums for us to look at. On our wedding day she arrived early and had a lot of fun poses and jokes to keep the wedding party in the spirit of the day. They all said they actually had fun! Her prices were really reasonable for the bay area, so we got our wedding album, plus smaller copies for our parents, they were surprised and thrilled. Thanks Rachel!!!

Sent on 01/02/2012

K · Married on 03/13/2017

2.4
      3.0
      2.5

I hired Rachel for a 1-hour photo shoot of our Civil Ceremony at San Francisco City Hall in March 2017.

1. Her personality was a bit overbearing and made the entire wedding party very uncomfortable. It is okay for a photographer to ask people to move/make certain poses, but all others I have hired have done it in a much nicer way, and the comfort of the party showed in the quality of the pictures.
    2. She delivered the pictures 5 weeks after the event- by that time the excitement of the day was gone.
    3. The pictures were something my friends could have taken with my SLR-- the angles were completely off (didn't make any good use of the natural lines in city hall), no cropping was done to remove extra things from the frame, and the only "editing" they received was that some pictures were delivered in Black & White as well as color. After I received the 50 pictures I did significant edit work on all of them to get 10 good pictures to share with family. The rest I deleted.
    4. Her method of picture delivery isn't easy to share (you need Dropbox account, and it's deleted after 7 days).
    5. In the agreement, she recommends having a pre-consultation phone call, but I didn't hear from her before 10pm the night before the event.

To give a comparison, we hired a photographer for our engagement party who charged the same hourly rate, delivered 450 high quality pictures, delivered them 7 days after the event, gave us a permanent link we could use to share with our families, had a 1-hour pre-consultation call to make sure we were on the same page, and was the warmest personality to boot! If you need someone, I recommend using her instead. She is also familiar with City Hall, and I am very sad that we weren't able to book her for this.

The only pro was that Rachel indeed knows City Hall procedures very well, which was helpful.

Sent on 04/28/2017

Rachel Levine Photography's reply:

Hi Kiran, I am so sorry that you were not happy with the results of your shoot. We really did experience the perfect storm of events that day. I wish you had trusted me to do my regular two hour shoot, and not tried to rush everything into one hour. I'm also sorry that you ended up booking the only City Hall officiant that insists on doing ceremonies on the staircase with the public walking right through your wedding. I agree the angles were a little off as I had to stand on stairs above and below you. I've asked the officiant to marry couples in the normal location, at the top of the stairs, but he does not agree to do that. Your images were definitely all edited, I've worked with the same editor for seven years. I have made changes to my download delivery system, as I agree with your comments, and have greatly improved the system and now family can view the edited images as well. I've also changed my contract to reflect that City Hall couples are not required to have a one hour phone conversation with me, for a one or two hour wedding. Thank you for pointing that out! The delivery time was within the time frame that I gave you, and that's pretty normal for the industry as a whole. I like to think that my couples get excited all over again when their images DO arrive:) Thanks for your comments, I definitely have improved and grown from that experience.

Ken · Married on 06/04/2018

3.0

Was recently married at City Hall and hired Rachel as our photographer. We all found Rachel to be delightful, fun, and easy going. However, the quality of the photographs were poor. Many were slightly out of focus and some were very unflattering. I was surprised that she would have included such images. There were many distractions in the photos that were well within our control to correct if she had mentioned them when shooting. I would not hire her again.

Sent on 08/04/2018