Petals by the Shore Wedding & Event Floral Designs Reviews

Petals by the Shore Wedding & Event Floral Designs 7
  • Elaine

Elaine · Married on 06/29/2019

Beyond Beautiful

I can't thank Kelly enough for the absolutely stunning florals she designed and created for my daughter's wedding. The flowers were a very important element for me as my mother was a floral designer. We couldn't have chosen anyone better than Kelly. She took our loose vision for a modern summer-in-the-city wedding and developed it into something beautiful beyond our wildest dreams. Our friends and family will be talking about the gorgeous wedding flowers for many years. I have met few people with such a passion for what they do. I love that she uses only American blooms in her designs and her support of American floral farms is inspiring. Beyond her talent, she is a genuinely kind and caring person and was with us every step of the way. Her professionalism and calm was much appreciated. Kelly has my highest recommendation. I hope I have another opportunity to work with her someday.

Sent on 09/29/2019
    Petals by the Shore Wedding & Event Floral Designs 14
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely amazing and professional

Kelly is phenomenal! She is patient and thorough! She does the most amazing job. she can really bring your vision to fruition. Flowers were the hardest part. I'm not someone who had a specific vision but instantly knew I could trust her to make this an amazing day. She was there from the beginning to end. I was so impressed with how responsive she was and how committed she was to her work!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Mumu Xu · Married on 03/30/2019

Kelly's Work Was Gorgeous!

Kelly and her team at Petals by the Shore were absolutely wonderful to work with. We spoke to a number of florists and Kelly was the most professional to work with. She understood our vision perfectly, even when we only showed her a couple of grainy photos we found online. We felt completely comfortable asking her questions and she never once talked down to us (something that other vendors had done). At the venue walkthrough one month before the wedding, Kelly was proactive in talking to the caterers and coordinator in making sure that the day would run smoothly.

In the days leading up to the wedding we had such fun following Kelly’s instagram page as she was preparing everything. Our friends who were not able to make it to the wedding were so grateful to have someone to follow along with as well.

On the day of the wedding, Kelly arrived and hand-delivered the bouquets to us. They were absolutely beautiful, and smelled amazing. They looked full and bountiful, but were also very light and easy to hold. The chuppah and flowers (giant calla lilies) looked gorgeous, and even better than what we could have imagined. Her team even bundled up the bouquets at the end of the evening for guests to take home. They thought of everything!

Kelly was a dream to work with, and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a florist for a wedding or any other event. She is creative, easy to work with, and really understands your vision. We are so happy to have chosen her for our special day.

Sent on 04/13/2019
  • Arianna

Arianna · Married on 06/23/2018

Kelly,
    Where do I even begin?! First off, you are a lovely person to be around - you were always so kind, reassuring, and helpful. The florals for my wedding were absolutely breathtaking. I am sure I will be receiving compliments on those florals for the next 50 years! You took the time to make the most beautiful arrangements, and it truly showed in your work. Your team of florists were also wonderful and even helped to get the flower girls ready to go to walk down the aisle. There are not enough amazing things to say about the way your conduct your business. I will be happy to recommend you to anyone who is getting married in the DMV area! A huge thank you to you, Kelly, and the Petals By The Shore Team! :) Y'all are phenomenal!

Sent on 06/25/2018
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 05/26/2018

I don't even know where to begin with Kelly--her talent, her kindness, and her vision all came together to make our wedding fabulous. From my first conversation with Kelly I knew she was going to play an important role in our wedding.

First, her floral designs were out of this world. We got so many compliments about how stunning her arrangements were. She built the chuppah of my dreams with her team in windy, rainy conditions. Every single detail was absolutely gorgeous. And this is all after I completely changed my mind about how I wanted the arrangements to look only a month before the wedding (a change Kelly helped me navigate with such positivity and patience). It's also worth mentioning that I know nothing about flowers yet had a specific vision (a great combination). Well, Kelly was able to translate my very vague and unhelpful communication into EXACTLY what I was looking for. I honestly don't know how she does it but I do know it takes tremendous talent.

In addition to the flowers (which, again, were breathtaking), Kelly thought of EVERYTHING. She helped me work out what the tables would look like, where we should do the ceremony, and how to decorate a historic venue. She repeatedly went above and beyond her floral designer duties.

Finally, Kelly is just an incredible person. She radiates kindness and positive energy. She wanted our wedding to be beautiful as much as we did, and worked tirelessly to make it happen. If you have the chance to hire Kelly, don't miss it.

Sent on 05/29/2018
    Petals by the Shore Wedding & Event Floral Designs 15

K W · Married on 05/11/2018

Best florist ever!

Kelly is the best florist ever! Her flowers are fresh and the variety amazing. Her design impeccable. She cares, she listens, she is responsive to price sensitivity, giving you the dream wedding st a price you can afford, working with you to give you the flowers and design but in your price range

She is the best to work with too ! She repurposes the flowers from ceremony to reception

Sent on 02/15/2019

morgan · Married on 12/02/2017

Kelly went above and beyond to make sure our florals were perfect! We had a neutral, minimalistic theme with the only pop of colors coming in through the flowers so it was important that they were done well. She listened to our vision and truly knocked it out of the park! Thanks Kelly!

Sent on 02/28/2018
    Petals by the Shore Wedding & Event Floral Designs 23
    Petals by the Shore Wedding & Event Floral Designs 24
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/22/2017

Hire Kelly today!!!! Where do we begin? Kelly is probably the most creative and talented person we have ever met. She transformed our wedding into something beyond our wildest dreams. She blew us away! It is no secret that flowers and arrangements are a huge expense when it comes to weddings and receptions, not only are Kelly’s costs competitive but she finds ways to repurpose arrangements to lower costs. Before our wedding, we felt that flowers were an exorbitant and unnecessary cost. As soon as we saw Kelly’s flowers at our wedding, we realized they were worth every penny and we would have put the floral cost at the top of the priority list. We can’t say enough great things about Kelly and her work, truly magical. You don’t need to look any further, you found your florist, trust us!!! We can’t recommend Petals by the Shore enough!

Sent on 01/08/2018
  • O

Karen · Married on 10/21/2017

I cannot express how happy I am with Kelly's work! When I met with Kelly I was very impressed at her vast knowledge of different types of flowers...she knows her stuff! She created the bridal bouquet of my dreams; it was absolutely perfect! I have never seen a more gorgeous bouquet! The bridesmaids bouquets were also beautiful and Kelly helped re-purpose them as centerpieces to save money. She designed and set up a lovely eucalyptus garland on the back of the chairs at our ceremony and then re-purposed the eucalyptus throughout the reception. All of the flowers and greenery were beautiful and everything just looked so perfect! Not only is she extremely talented she's also one of the nicest people I have ever met. I HIGHLY recommend using Petals By The Shore!

Sent on 11/10/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2017

Kelly did an AMAZING job with our wedding flowers. I was a little nervous about having our wedding flower look to be totally based off a few photos from Pinterest, since I mean it's not going to look exactly like that in real life, right? But damn, does she know what she is doing. Everything I was hoping and more. It really made our whole venue. I have had so many people mention them to me since our wedding. Truly gorgeous. I wish my life had more occasions in which I could hire her!!

Sent on 07/01/2018
    Petals by the Shore Wedding & Event Floral Designs 25

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

Kelly's work is unparalleled. She took a variety of pins I put on Pinterest and decorated my entire event from the ceremony arch to table decor to bouquets and groomsmen gear. She breathed life into static objects through beautiful and fresh arrangements and I will forever be grateful for that! Thank you, Kelly! I wish I had our real photos back so I could include them here but here's a video of my bridal bouquet!! https://www.instagram.com/p/BZbwo07gHaY/?taken-by=petalsbytheshore https://www.instagram.com/petalsbytheshore/

Sent on 10/03/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/10/2017

We hired Kelly to be our florist for our wedding ceremony and reception in downtown DC. Working with her was an excellent experience from beginning to end. Kelly took the time to get to know us and to understand what we wanted for the day. She also provided incredible guidance on how to achieve our vision. Kelly is a true artist, and everything was exquisite…from the bouquets and boutonnieres, to the table settings and decorative elements. The flowers were fresh and flawless; not only did they last the for entire wedding, but they lasted for days after, and our guests got to enjoy them at home. Whether you’re looking for a florist for your wedding, a party, or any other special occasion, Kelly will do an exceptional job!

Sent on 07/15/2017

Stefany · Married on 05/28/2017

Kelly was fantastic! words cannot express how great her work is. Not only did she take the time to listen to our requirements but she also was able to work within the budget. Her ideas were absolutely beautiful and just nailed the vision I had. She made sure everything was set up to perfection and even stayed after the ceremony to re-purpose the flowers into the reception room. My bouquet was to die for and smelled like heaven! Thank you Kelly you are truly the best :)

Sent on 06/19/2017

Mary · Married on 05/28/2017

Kelly,
    The flower arrangements were beautiful! Thank you so much for all the attention to detail in the size, design and impact in all the floral arrangements you created for my son's wedding. I had so many guests tell me they were "wowed" by the flowers, particularly the ceremony room backdrop. The combination of flowers and candles added such warmth and color in the reception room too! Your passion for designing and creating breathtaking arrangements was so clearly evident! Thank you for your flexibility, creativity and talents!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Alexandria · Married on 05/20/2017

When beginning the wedding planning process, there were two vendors I was placing the most emphasis on: photographer and florist. I came across Petals By The Shore after many long nights of wedding blog and Instagram searching, and could not be more thrilled with our decision to work with Kelly! Kelly and I met initially to discuss my vision for the wedding day…and admittedly I was a bit lost. I knew I wanted white flowers, but otherwise had no idea what I was looking for. By the end of our initial meeting, Kelly had designed the most incredible floral plan I could imagine. From simple arrangements on cocktail tables to elaborate floral garland on the ceremony staircase, not a single detail was missed. She went far beyond my expectations, and helped to plan so much of our day. There was no hesitation when I changed table numbers, added corsages and a hair comb; she enthusiastically reworked her plan to make sure the day was perfect. By the time wedding day arrived, I knew everything would be absolutely beautiful. Kelly arranged for me to have a “first look” at all of her work before guests arrived…and to say I was thrilled with her work would be an understatement. There were LOTS of happy tears and hugs! Thank you, Kelly for your stunning work, and for making the day beyond perfect!!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Brenda · Married on 03/07/2017

I wholeheartedly believe that God puts certain people in your life for a reason. Kelly was such a blessing. She came recommended to us by our wonderful photographer and we are so pleased to have worked with her on our big (small) day. Kelly was absolutely incredible to work with and made this process so easy. She was so kind and is very knowledgeable about her craft. I tried to keep things as simple as possible and literally sent Kelly a bouquet picture that she was able to bring to life – just like that. There were no ifs, ands, or buts about it. It took no more than four (4) e-mails for it all to happen and three of those were mostly us chatting about how excited we were about the vision. She was also very accommodating. My wedding photographs are EVERYTHING and it’s mostly because of the beautiful bouquet Kelly made for us. It was such a pleasure and we will be recommending her to all of our engaged friends. She did not disappoint, and truly went above and beyond for us.

Sent on 04/08/2017

Sharise · Married on 01/01/2017

Kelly was absolutely amazing - I cannot say enough great things about her! I think the single most common remark I get from guests is how blown away they were by the flowers. And the DETAILS! She thinks of everything. I could not be more pleased and will DEFINITELY recommend her to anyone I know for ANY event. THANK YOU KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 02/08/2017

Petals by the Shore Wedding & Event Floral Designs's reply:

Thank YOU Sharise!! Loved being a part of Avi's & your day. Truly a joy to work with you and help make the day just as you imagined!

Maggie · Married on 10/22/2016

Kelly Shore is UNBELIEVABLE! She is a small town girl with more creativity and passion in her little finger than I have in my whole body. Kelly embraced the many color changes I went through during my planning phase and provided suggestions and edits until I was completely in love with the design. She is so easy to contact via email or text and really knows how to take your vision and make it a reality. I absolutely love flowers and always wanted them EVERYWHERE at my wedding and Kelly Shore made everything just perfect. Her experience in the wedding industry, and her calm cool and collected personality was such a relief during the stress and bustle of the wedding day. Don't look anywhere else, just call Kelly! :)

Sent on 05/03/2016

lisa · Married on 09/04/2016

Rave reviews from EVERYONE about Kelly's flowers and the bouquets. Just wanted to say thank you and how appreciative we are that you worked with us and helped
    keep us in budget! Everyone thought we had splurged on the flowers! Great, great job.

I also wanted to tell you that some of my table bouquet is still in good shape! We are at two weeks plus and one large hydrangea is still going strong! I think you did an amazing job and wish you only continued success!!!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Julia · Married on 05/28/2016

Kelly is absolutely amazing. She is incredibly fun, talented and professional. I met with her for the first time 18 months before my wedding, so of course my entire vision shifted. Kelly embraced every change and went above and beyond in so many ways. All of her work on the day of the wedding was gorgeous (I wish I could add pictures to this review!) Thank you Kelly for making my wedding more beautiful than I could have ever imagined!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Natalie · Married on 05/21/2016

WOW, where do I even begin?! Kelly was by far the best, extremely professional, kind-hearted person I’ve ever worked with! I booked her about 1 year before our wedding, so in the year of planning - I changed my mind about the floral design A LOT. I would consider myself to be a Type A personality, so I was constantly emailing Kelly to make changes - but Kelly was super helpful and responsive. I’m a visual person so it was hard for me to visualize the final result, but Kelly did an amazing job of easing my mind and working with me to design my wedding flowers. She worked so hard to create my vision and I was extremely pleased with the beautiful arrangements she delivered!

I asked for a pure white peony bouquet for my May wedding. Kelly explained to me there’s never a 100% guarantee she can get any flowers from her wholesaler – which I understood and just prayed for the best. Then the week before the wedding, Kelly wasn’t sure if she was going to be able to get the peonies...She put in so much time and effort and was able to get them from another source! I was so happy and grateful for the extra work Kelly did to order my peonies.

Kelly did an amazing job setting up the ballroom - everything looked perfect when I walked in. She even put extra eucalyptus on the card table and 2 roses on the bride/groom place settings – such a nice bonus. It rained on our wedding day, so I was pretty disappointed when we couldn’t attach the huge, beautiful floral arrangement Kelly constructed to the pergola… but she totally surprised me by placing the arrangement on a table behind where we stood for the ceremony! The plan was always to relocate this arrangement to the fireplace mantel in the ballroom – a decision I was so happy with. Kelly worked so hard on the huge pergola arrangement, so it was so nice that we were able to transport and reuse it throughout the wedding. I highly recommend Kelly and I’m so grateful she was our florist.

Sent on 06/01/2016

Kate · Married on 04/30/2016

Kelly was my favorite wedding vendor. She was amazing to work with and went above and beyond to make literally the most beautiful wedding flowers I have ever seen. She is so talented. The venue and wedding planner were equally as impressed with her. She was always on time and added lots of special touches to our big day. She really made a point to understand what I had in mind and was just fun to work with in the process! Really can't say enough good things about her and how our wedding flowers turned out!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Alexis · Married on 10/10/2015

Kelly made our wedding. It really is that simple!

Initially, my fiance and I were planning to buy bulk flowers and DIY them ourselves. Our vision for the wedding changed, though, and we realized that we really wanted gorgeous and professional arrangements to help our elegant wedding come to life and we are so glad we did.

From the instant I met Kelly, her bubbly, friendly, down-to-earth personality got me hooked. We had spoken to a few other florists and she was by far our favorite. At our first appointment, she brought a bunch of great photo card books as we began to brainstorm so that we could actually help craft our vision with her, even if we didn't know the names of our flowers. Kelly is a true artist and an honest and kind businesswoman. At the end of that meeting not only did we want to hire her, but we also wanted to move next door to her house and become best friends.

Throughout the process, Kelly took the time to read every work of my sometimes pages long email descriptions of what I was thinking. She quelled my fears and concerns throughout the process, helped us with some tough decisions, and on the day of, COMPLETELY blew us out of the water with the arrangements and bouquets. Everything was just spectacular.

Being a two-dress (and two bouquet) wedding. Kelly was a great listener and was able to incorporate both of us into our separate bouquets. Every request that my wife and I made was honored and made even better. From the ceremony participant boutonnieres and corsages, to the reception table centerpieces, to the absolutely gorgeous mantle centerpiece, which served as our altar; Kelly made arrangements that I never thought were even possible.

Already, we're trying to think up ways to work with her again!

Thank you, Kelly for your gorgeous work. We are still in awe of what you created!!

Sent on 10/23/2015
  • Q

Quynh · Married on 08/16/2015

Kelly took over our wedding florals last minute after an emergency happened to my first florists. She was so friendly, called to discussed what I wanted, and even delivered the bouquets to the hotel room before going to the venue. At the venue, she stood in front and waited for the family members to come and placed the boutonnières. No stress on my end.

Sent on 08/27/2015
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 07/04/2015

We have no doubt in our minds that using Petals by the Shore/Kelly was one of the BEST decisions we made related to our wedding. Kelly helped make my whole vision come alive! She is certainly an expert in her field. She was also so helpful when I was making decisions about other decorations. She would send me ideas to help complete the vision. I wish I could have one of Kelly's floral arrangements with me at all times. Like just carry one around with me all of the time to admire its beauty!

Thank you so much Kelly for making our wedding vision come alive! You certainly went above and beyond and was such an asset to our whole wedding planning experience and the day itself!

Sent on 07/15/2015