86 Reviews for Petals by the Shore Wedding & Event Floral Designs

Chuppah Decor (3)
Non-Floral (3)
Samples (2)
85 Petals by the Shore Wedding & Event Floral Designs Reviews

I don't even know where to begin with Kelly--her talent, her kindness, and her vision all came together to make our wedding fabulous. From my first conversation with Kelly I knew she was going to play an important role in our wedding.

First, her floral designs were out of this world. We got so many compliments about how stunning her arrangements were. She built the chuppah of my dreams with her team in windy, rainy conditions. Every single detail was absolutely gorgeous. And this is all after I completely changed my mind about how I wanted the arrangements to look only a month before the wedding (a change Kelly helped me navigate with such positivity and patience). It's also worth mentioning that I know nothing about flowers yet had a specific vision (a great combination). Well, Kelly was able to translate my very vague and unhelpful communication into EXACTLY what I was looking for. I honestly don't know how she does it but I do know it takes tremendous talent.

In addition to the flowers (which, again, were breathtaking), Kelly thought of EVERYTHING. She helped me work out what the tables would look like, where we should do the ceremony, and how to decorate a historic venue. She repeatedly went above and beyond her floral designer duties.

Finally, Kelly is just an incredible person. She radiates kindness and positive energy. She wanted our wedding to be beautiful as much as we did, and worked tirelessly to make it happen. If you have the chance to hire Kelly, don't miss it.

Photo for Petals by the Shore Wedding & Event Floral Designs Review - Add a comment...
Profile Picture Zoe, 5/26/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Kelly went above and beyond to make sure our florals were perfect! We had a neutral, minimalistic theme with the only pop of colors coming in through the flowers so it was important that they were done well. She listened to our vision and truly knocked it out of the park! Thanks Kelly!

Photos
Profile Picture morgan, 12/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Hire Kelly today!!!! Where do we begin? Kelly is probably the most creative and talented person we have ever met. She transformed our wedding into something beyond our wildest dreams. She blew us away! It is no secret that flowers and arrangements are a huge expense when it comes to weddings and receptions, not only are Kelly’s costs competitive but she finds ways to repurpose arrangements to lower costs. Before our wedding, we felt that flowers were an exorbitant and unnecessary cost. As soon as we saw Kelly’s flowers at our wedding, we realized they were worth every penny and we would have put the floral cost at the top of the priority list. We can’t say enough great things about Kelly and her work, truly magical. You don’t need to look any further, you found your florist, trust us!!! We can’t recommend Petals by the Shore enough!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/22/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit

I cannot express how happy I am with Kelly's work! When I met with Kelly I was very impressed at her vast knowledge of different types of flowers...she knows her stuff! She created the bridal bouquet of my dreams; it was absolutely perfect! I have never seen a more gorgeous bouquet! The bridesmaids bouquets were also beautiful and Kelly helped re-purpose them as centerpieces to save money. She designed and set up a lovely eucalyptus garland on the back of the chairs at our ceremony and then re-purposed the eucalyptus throughout the reception. All of the flowers and greenery were beautiful and everything just looked so perfect! Not only is she extremely talented she's also one of the nicest people I have ever met. I HIGHLY recommend using Petals By The Shore!

Profile Picture Karen, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Kelly's work is unparalleled. She took a variety of pins I put on Pinterest and decorated my entire event from the ceremony arch to table decor to bouquets and groomsmen gear. She breathed life into static objects through beautiful and fresh arrangements and I will forever be grateful for that! Thank you, Kelly! I wish I had our real photos back so I could include them here but here's a video of my bridal bouquet!! https://www.instagram.com/p/BZbwo07gHaY/?taken-by=petalsbytheshore https://www.instagram.com/petalsbytheshore/

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

We hired Kelly to be our florist for our wedding ceremony and reception in downtown DC. Working with her was an excellent experience from beginning to end. Kelly took the time to get to know us and to understand what we wanted for the day. She also provided incredible guidance on how to achieve our vision. Kelly is a true artist, and everything was exquisite…from the bouquets and boutonnieres, to the table settings and decorative elements. The flowers were fresh and flawless; not only did they last the for entire wedding, but they lasted for days after, and our guests got to enjoy them at home. Whether you’re looking for a florist for your wedding, a party, or any other special occasion, Kelly will do an exceptional job!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kelly was fantastic! words cannot express how great her work is. Not only did she take the time to listen to our requirements but she also was able to work within the budget. Her ideas were absolutely beautiful and just nailed the vision I had. She made sure everything was set up to perfection and even stayed after the ceremony to re-purpose the flowers into the reception room. My bouquet was to die for and smelled like heaven! Thank you Kelly you are truly the best :)

Profile Picture Stefany, 5/28/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Kelly,
The flower arrangements were beautiful! Thank you so much for all the attention to detail in the size, design and impact in all the floral arrangements you created for my son's wedding. I had so many guests tell me they were "wowed" by the flowers, particularly the ceremony room backdrop. The combination of flowers and candles added such warmth and color in the reception room too! Your passion for designing and creating breathtaking arrangements was so clearly evident! Thank you for your flexibility, creativity and talents!

Profile Picture Mary, 5/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Venue Visit

When beginning the wedding planning process, there were two vendors I was placing the most emphasis on: photographer and florist. I came across Petals By The Shore after many long nights of wedding blog and Instagram searching, and could not be more thrilled with our decision to work with Kelly! Kelly and I met initially to discuss my vision for the wedding day…and admittedly I was a bit lost. I knew I wanted white flowers, but otherwise had no idea what I was looking for. By the end of our initial meeting, Kelly had designed the most incredible floral plan I could imagine. From simple arrangements on cocktail tables to elaborate floral garland on the ceremony staircase, not a single detail was missed. She went far beyond my expectations, and helped to plan so much of our day. There was no hesitation when I changed table numbers, added corsages and a hair comb; she enthusiastically reworked her plan to make sure the day was perfect. By the time wedding day arrived, I knew everything would be absolutely beautiful. Kelly arranged for me to have a “first look” at all of her work before guests arrived…and to say I was thrilled with her work would be an understatement. There were LOTS of happy tears and hugs! Thank you, Kelly for your stunning work, and for making the day beyond perfect!!

Profile Picture Alexandria, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I wholeheartedly believe that God puts certain people in your life for a reason. Kelly was such a blessing. She came recommended to us by our wonderful photographer and we are so pleased to have worked with her on our big (small) day. Kelly was absolutely incredible to work with and made this process so easy. She was so kind and is very knowledgeable about her craft. I tried to keep things as simple as possible and literally sent Kelly a bouquet picture that she was able to bring to life – just like that. There were no ifs, ands, or buts about it. It took no more than four (4) e-mails for it all to happen and three of those were mostly us chatting about how excited we were about the vision. She was also very accommodating. My wedding photographs are EVERYTHING and it’s mostly because of the beautiful bouquet Kelly made for us. It was such a pleasure and we will be recommending her to all of our engaged friends. She did not disappoint, and truly went above and beyond for us.

Profile Picture Brenda, 3/7/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Bouquets, Boutonnieres

Kelly was absolutely amazing - I cannot say enough great things about her! I think the single most common remark I get from guests is how blown away they were by the flowers. And the DETAILS! She thinks of everything. I could not be more pleased and will DEFINITELY recommend her to anyone I know for ANY event. THANK YOU KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Sharise, 1/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements

Kelly Shore is UNBELIEVABLE! She is a small town girl with more creativity and passion in her little finger than I have in my whole body. Kelly embraced the many color changes I went through during my planning phase and provided suggestions and edits until I was completely in love with the design. She is so easy to contact via email or text and really knows how to take your vision and make it a reality. I absolutely love flowers and always wanted them EVERYWHERE at my wedding and Kelly Shore made everything just perfect. Her experience in the wedding industry, and her calm cool and collected personality was such a relief during the stress and bustle of the wedding day. Don't look anywhere else, just call Kelly! :)

Profile Picture Maggie, 10/22/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Rave reviews from EVERYONE about Kelly's flowers and the bouquets. Just wanted to say thank you and how appreciative we are that you worked with us and helped
keep us in budget! Everyone thought we had splurged on the flowers! Great, great job.

I also wanted to tell you that some of my table bouquet is still in good shape! We are at two weeks plus and one large hydrangea is still going strong! I think you did an amazing job and wish you only continued success!!!

Profile Picture User5210735, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Kelly is absolutely amazing. She is incredibly fun, talented and professional. I met with her for the first time 18 months before my wedding, so of course my entire vision shifted. Kelly embraced every change and went above and beyond in so many ways. All of her work on the day of the wedding was gorgeous (I wish I could add pictures to this review!) Thank you Kelly for making my wedding more beautiful than I could have ever imagined!

Profile Picture Julia, 5/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

WOW, where do I even begin?! Kelly was by far the best, extremely professional, kind-hearted person I’ve ever worked with! I booked her about 1 year before our wedding, so in the year of planning - I changed my mind about the floral design A LOT. I would consider myself to be a Type A personality, so I was constantly emailing Kelly to make changes - but Kelly was super helpful and responsive. I’m a visual person so it was hard for me to visualize the final result, but Kelly did an amazing job of easing my mind and working with me to design my wedding flowers. She worked so hard to create my vision and I was extremely pleased with the beautiful arrangements she delivered!

I asked for a pure white peony bouquet for my May wedding. Kelly explained to me there’s never a 100% guarantee she can get any flowers from her wholesaler – which I understood and just prayed for the best. Then the week before the wedding, Kelly wasn’t sure if she was going to be able to get the peonies...She put in so much time and effort and was able to get them from another source! I was so happy and grateful for the extra work Kelly did to order my peonies.

Kelly did an amazing job setting up the ballroom - everything looked perfect when I walked in. She even put extra eucalyptus on the card table and 2 roses on the bride/groom place settings – such a nice bonus. It rained on our wedding day, so I was pretty disappointed when we couldn’t attach the huge, beautiful floral arrangement Kelly constructed to the pergola… but she totally surprised me by placing the arrangement on a table behind where we stood for the ceremony! The plan was always to relocate this arrangement to the fireplace mantel in the ballroom – a decision I was so happy with. Kelly worked so hard on the huge pergola arrangement, so it was so nice that we were able to transport and reuse it throughout the wedding. I highly recommend Kelly and I’m so grateful she was our florist.

Profile Picture Natalie, 5/21/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Delivery, Set Up

Kelly was my favorite wedding vendor. She was amazing to work with and went above and beyond to make literally the most beautiful wedding flowers I have ever seen. She is so talented. The venue and wedding planner were equally as impressed with her. She was always on time and added lots of special touches to our big day. She really made a point to understand what I had in mind and was just fun to work with in the process! Really can't say enough good things about her and how our wedding flowers turned out!

Profile Picture Kate, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Kelly made our wedding. It really is that simple!

Initially, my fiance and I were planning to buy bulk flowers and DIY them ourselves. Our vision for the wedding changed, though, and we realized that we really wanted gorgeous and professional arrangements to help our elegant wedding come to life and we are so glad we did.

From the instant I met Kelly, her bubbly, friendly, down-to-earth personality got me hooked. We had spoken to a few other florists and she was by far our favorite. At our first appointment, she brought a bunch of great photo card books as we began to brainstorm so that we could actually help craft our vision with her, even if we didn't know the names of our flowers. Kelly is a true artist and an honest and kind businesswoman. At the end of that meeting not only did we want to hire her, but we also wanted to move next door to her house and become best friends.

Throughout the process, Kelly took the time to read every work of my sometimes pages long email descriptions of what I was thinking. She quelled my fears and concerns throughout the process, helped us with some tough decisions, and on the day of, COMPLETELY blew us out of the water with the arrangements and bouquets. Everything was just spectacular.

Being a two-dress (and two bouquet) wedding. Kelly was a great listener and was able to incorporate both of us into our separate bouquets. Every request that my wife and I made was honored and made even better. From the ceremony participant boutonnieres and corsages, to the reception table centerpieces, to the absolutely gorgeous mantle centerpiece, which served as our altar; Kelly made arrangements that I never thought were even possible.

Already, we're trying to think up ways to work with her again!

Thank you, Kelly for your gorgeous work. We are still in awe of what you created!!

Profile Picture Alexis, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Venue Visit, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements

Kelly took over our wedding florals last minute after an emergency happened to my first florists. She was so friendly, called to discussed what I wanted, and even delivered the bouquets to the hotel room before going to the venue. At the venue, she stood in front and waited for the family members to come and placed the boutonnières. No stress on my end.

Profile Picture Quynh, 8/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We have no doubt in our minds that using Petals by the Shore/Kelly was one of the BEST decisions we made related to our wedding. Kelly helped make my whole vision come alive! She is certainly an expert in her field. She was also so helpful when I was making decisions about other decorations. She would send me ideas to help complete the vision. I wish I could have one of Kelly's floral arrangements with me at all times. Like just carry one around with me all of the time to admire its beauty!

Thank you so much Kelly for making our wedding vision come alive! You certainly went above and beyond and was such an asset to our whole wedding planning experience and the day itself!

Profile Picture Sara, 7/4/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Kelly was easily my favorite vendor! She is so great to work with and really understood what I wanted with very little direction. Her work is amazing and our flowers were fresh and full for days after the wedding!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 6/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I loved working with Kelly at Petals by the Shore! From our first meeting, Kelly was so fun to work with. She truly made my vision come to life and used her knowledge of flowers and wedding decor to support my wedding theme. The bouquets, centerpieces, and boutineers that Kelly made were very lush and romantic and many guests commented that my bridesmaids' bouquets were the size of most bridal bouquets. I could not be happier with how the flowers looked and she is truly an artist! I cannot wait to plan another event so that I can use Kelly.

Profile Picture Shannon, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Kelly is an AMAZING florist! She did the flowers for my June wedding, and we were absolutely blown away by her work. The flowers were gorgeous, and our guests commented on how beautiful they were throughout the wedding day. Kelly is so nice to work with, and she really helped create the whole vision for my wedding (which I am so thankful for!!). When I first met with Kelly, I did not have a good idea of what I wanted for the design and decor of my wedding. Kelly immediately helped with the color scheme and came up with the brilliant idea of two long tables for the wedding reception. This setup, contrary to the usual round tables at weddings, gave the reception a special and intimate feel that we were looking for and loved. Kelly made flower arrangements for the tables that created a romantic and beautiful look. Kelly created an exquisite bridal bouquet, and had the fabulous idea of incorporating a piece of my mother's lace wedding dress into the bouquet, which was both beautiful and really meaningful. Kelly also created several wreaths to hang from our venue's doors, and these wreaths were just phenomenal. The wedding would not have been half as beautiful without Kelly's great vision and beautiful flowers. We had some fantastic vendors for our wedding, but I must say that Kelly went truly above and beyond!! We HIGHLY recommend Kelly to anyone looking for beautiful flowers for their wedding. It will be the best decision you make!!!!!

Profile Picture User6092839, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Kelly was just wonderful! From our first meeting, she just understood what I was looking for, provided really helpful guidance on what would look good for my venue (including suggestions about not doing certain things), and worked with me in my limited budget. She was very responsive, was so flexible with us about making pick up arrangements, and made just beautiful arrangements. I highly recommend Kelly and her work!

Profile Picture Deborah, 5/23/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I cannot say enough good things about Kelly! From our first meeting Kelly was incredibly patient & helpful (as I knew very little about what I actually wanted, & much less about flowers). Our initial meeting lasted well over an hour as Kelly showed me pictures of each type of flower she suggested, as well as pictures of similar arrangements she had done in the past. Kelly continued to be available through email during the time leading up to the wedding. Kelly made suggestions in order to help keep costs down & was always accommodating despite the fact that I made several changes to the flowers requested. On the day of our wedding the flowers were more beautiful than I could have imagined! Everything was set up well before our ceremony started. I couldn't be happier with how the arrangements turned out!

Profile Picture Taylor, 4/25/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kelly was a pleasure to work with from our very first consultation. She understood that I was working on a tight budget and she worked very hard to make sure that the "look" that I was going for was not compromised. She made great suggestions and sent me pictures of ideas.

I was completely speechless when I saw our ceremony room. It was exactly how I imagined it would be. My husband and I went with a vintage travel theme and provided all of the props for the ceremony and reception areas but Kelly and her assistant Denise made our image come to life with how they placed all of the flowers and props.

Aside from being excellent at their craft, Kelly and her assistant were just great people to have around the day of the wedding. Denise noticed I was holding my bouquet to high while taking photos and from the back of the room she discreetly showed me how to hold it. Kelly noticed my lipstick had faded during first look photos and ran up to the bridal suite to get me more! Truly incredible people!

Profile Picture Setareh, 12/13/14, 3 Reviews