Pantagis Renaissance Reviews

Pantagis Renaissance 5
  • cherilyn

cherilyn · Married on 01/22/2011

3.5

Al help us sign up he was wonderful! The food was great! The atomosphere was fun and beautiful! Both sides of the family thought it was great. The services were very quick and attentive! We had such an awesome time! My wedding was perfect and I'm glad I told my now husband to go and have our wedding here!!! xoxo

Sent on 01/24/2011

I feel I received great value for my wedding. Valerie was very accommodating to my requests and the last minute changes we had to make a few days before the wedding. We used the onsite chapel for the ceremony, which went very well. Our wedding was in the evergreen room and it was perfect for our intimate number of guests. I did not get to taste the cake or food before hand and the cake did not have the correct filling. Also, I'm pretty sure the food we ordered was different than what we had at our buffet (you can have seated dinner or buffet style). None the less, it was a great food, with open bar the entire time. Our Maitre d', Juan, was also amazing. I would have another even there again.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Nino · Married on 06/01/2014

3.5

The venue was gorgeous. The food was delicious, and the price was phenomenal. I only drop the rating because they missed a few details in service (wrong drinks from contract, no top tier wedding cake given to us as promised, etc.), but overall DEFINITELY worth the price.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Valerie · Married on 07/20/2007

The people at Pantagis really give all their effort to make your wedding day perfect. I would recommend them to any one! I just dropped off all my favors and other decorations/accessories and they set everything up for me beautifully. They really help you to not worry about the last minute detail.

Sent on 01/18/2008

Patricia · Married on 04/19/2007

We got married as well as had our reception at Pantagis in April. The best part about Pantagis was the price. It is an amazingly beautiful place with marble floors and decorative glass ceilings. It does have sort of a little old feel to it, however, no one really notices. We got married in one of their chapels and didn't even need to decorate it due to it already being decorated. However, we provided our own chair covers since their chairs are old and green. The food was delicious and everything was pretty organized except that they accidentally put the table numbers up in our chapel room and the programs down in the reception area! Luckily, my mother in-law caught it immediately and had them switch them. The only downfall was the cake. We decided to go with one of their cakes since it came with the price and when we went to cut it, it was still partially frozen so we looked ridiculous trying to cut the cake, but we managed. It tasted pretty good though, so no complaints.

Overall, for the budget-minded couples getting married in NJ, this is a great place to do so! We decided to get married on a Thursday to save cost since the price per person went up a good 15.00 if we were to get married on a Friday or Saturday. Also, since we got married on a Thursday, they gave us the chapel for free, which would have cost $400 normally.
    Pantagis is a very classy place and I am glad that we chose to get married and have our reception there. All of our guests were pleased with the food, open bar, the decor, and everything else. We didn't even really need to decorate anything due to how romantic the place looks. Also, since we got married during the week, there were no other wedding parties going on at the same time so we received much attention. The staff were attentive and very friendly/professional.

Extremely happy with the choice, which equaled to no stress during our wedding (only the cake problem).

Sent on 03/29/2008
  • Rita

Rita Wade · Getting married on 12/12/2020

What a wedding should be

Had my first wedding back in 2012 at Pantagis. It was absolutely gorgeous. The thing that still sticks out for me is the stair case and the stain glass. The venue was just wow!! Also, the food was over the top delicious. Best wedding cake I’ve ever had!! They extended the end time by 45 mins because it was such a lively reception and I guess enjoyed seeing our enjoyment. The hospitality was really amazing.

Sent on 10/01/2019

Danielle · Married on 04/20/2007

Pantagis Renaissance was an amazing venue for our wedding. The price was great, and they were always professional, courteous, and available for any questions. AL D was out coordinator and was awesome. Everything went smoothly. It was a great day

Sent on 01/29/2010
  • ACapell

Amanda · Married on 07/19/2008

3.5

Loved having my reception here, the flowers were great for centerpieces and were included in the price! Our maitre'd was great, treated like a princess, the only complaint was that there were like 5 other weddings in the building, and I kept passing other brides! Beautiful facility.

Sent on 08/05/2008

Lisa · Married on 10/10/2008

4.2

Pantagis has gotten some not so great reviews in the past but I have to say they did an amazing job at my wedding. The food was fabulous and everything went extreamly well. Yes they had other weddings going on and I did see other brides (I did not mind) but they did an excellent job of catering to you and only you. My guests were impressed and I was very happy. The price was great at only $73 per person! I dealt with Al and he was a pleasure to deal with.

Sent on 10/26/2008

BethAnn · Married on 10/22/2004

3.5

Everyone there was Wonderful. They truely helped make my day perfect. The food was great. It was well within our budget yet our guests never suspected that it was so cheap.

Sent on 05/21/2008
  • Q

Maureen · Married on 09/29/2007

3.5

The wedding was beautiful and everyone at Pantagis was such a big help. The food was average, but the service was exceptional. Beware of their marble floors. My feet were so sore after the nights end. But overall, a great place to have a wedding.

Sent on 05/29/2008

0.0

I haven't booked my wedding yet at Pantagis, but I will be in the very near future. My fiance and I called Pantagis yesterday and immediately had an appointment for today at noon. Before going, I had sat down and wrote out a list of questions to ask at the meeting. To my surprise, when we sat down and was explained everything, all of my questions were answered. They are very nice, very professional people. I highly recommend this venue. They were extremely helpful, knowing that our wedding is in less than a 100 days.

Sent on 09/05/2015

Lindsey · Married on 10/13/2012

3.5

Snuffy's is a great value with delicious desserts and good food. A little dated in the decor department but willing to work with you. Overall it was a fun wedding.

Sent on 02/11/2013

Laquaysha · Married on 09/12/2014

3.8
      3.5

It was great just need to update they venue its 2014 now.. They need to make some chances.. But the appetizers were good.. They entry for the night was not good at at

Sent on 10/09/2014

Helen · Married on 09/25/2004

3.2
      3.0
      3.0

Pantagis was pretty flexible and accomodating with my wedding. However, they called me at the last minute because they screwed up and double booked the chapel we'd wanted. In the end it was no big deal (we were really laid back about our wedding) and we were just put in the other chapel and comped a bit.

Sent on 07/20/2008

Sarah · Married on 03/24/2013

2.6
      1.5
      1.0

We had our wedding here on 3/24/13 and I have both good and BAD reveiws of the Pantagis. I think our experience would have been 1,000x better had we not had to deal with Maria Pantagis. She was extremely unprofessional, tacky, spent too much time talking about herself and made numerous inappropriate comments be it about religon, cultures, ethnicities, etc. Her only saving grace was that she knew enough to stay away from me on our wedding day!!

That being said for every negative thing we could say about Maria we can say double the positive things about Al D, our Maitre'D and the Chef! My guests were very impressed with the food! Great portion size, great selection, excellent freshness and flavor. I don't drink but I hear the bartender had a great pour. The building is beautiful (once you strip away the scads of fake flowers and plants everywhere) if you and your planner or florist make it your own it is a great space and the prices were reasonable.

Sent on 04/17/2013

2.0
      1.0

My husband and I had both our wedding ceremony and reception at Pantagis. We loved the place but from the initial appointment we had with Maria Pantagis (I believe that was her first name) she was extremely pushy. We were hesitant but decided to have our wedding here anyway. A few months later after giving a few deposits, Al took over with handling everything. He said that Maria had overcharged us an extreme amount and that we would be getting a partial refund for that amount. Although he is an extremely nice, polite gentleman, our overall experience with Pantagis was terrible. Pantagis doesn't do tastings for the food or cake. Al allowed us to have a meal on him and we just took care of our waiter. We tried to find food that we were picking for the wedding. We paid cash for the maitre de but the day of the rehearsal he wasn't there so we planned everything ourselves. We also brought everything to set up that day since the wedding was the following day and Al said nothing was booked for that night so we could set up. All other rooms had events so we could not set up. The day of the wedding, an employee said we had to use the bridal suite downstairs where it's stairs and no elevator. We had tried to get the one upstairs so the elevator could be used since my mother just had a stroke the month before, we were told no and that everything was already set up. We carefully got downstairs to find a filthy floor, lights not properly working, and garbage on the floor. We then begin to head up for the ceremony to find the maitre de had changed all of our plans for the ceremony and the wedding didn't go how we wanted nor did the reception. I had a lot of complaints from our guests that they had gotten up to use the restroom and their food was taken away. We wanted a marbled cake with raspberry and chocolate mousse filling with vanilla frosting. We got vanilla frosting, white cake with raspberry filling and it was stale. Our items we purchased for the tables were taken as well.

Sent on 10/06/2016
  • McKenzie

McKenzie · Married on 11/03/2012

0.4
      0.5

I am begging that you read this article before booking with Pantagis. This is my story:

Sent on 11/27/2012